2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 19:04:11 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The annoying screech from an alarm and the following dissatisfied groan from Angelo are enough to chase the sleepiness from Skyler's eyes. There's a brief moment in which her leg curls tightly around narrow hips and her hand presses on his chest to pull him towards her, as if rebelling against the sound that has just shattered their peaceful morning together.

The last one in a while.

Skyler can't help the pang of disappointment that courses through her at that thought, having grown used to Angelo's company in the past week. Especially in the mornings. 

Just as Angelo plunges the two of them into darkness, Skyler's sheets turned into a makeshift barrier against the world outside, another alarm starts to emit an annoying screeching sound, like nails on a chalkboard. This time it is Skyler that groans, and she moves slightly over her cuddling buddy to reach out to the device on the bedside table. 

Bleary silver eyes look at the number on the screen, taking a few seconds to understand their meaning. 

GPS coordinates. Huh, that hadn't taken long.

The sailor falls back to her original position, whispering foul curses against the skin of Angelo's shoulder and stubbornly refusing to get up yet. "Duty calls, Angel," she whispers gently, almost sorrowfully. The woman gives him a last squeeze, hesitating for a second before setting her lips on the back of his neck in an approximation of a kiss. "We gotta go." She hates to be the one to say those words, wished she could tell those devices to fuck off and let her stay but-

Responsibilities weight on her shoulders. If she doesn't make use of those coordinates, someone else will. And she can't afford that. Not after spending a whole week away. 

"You're making breakfast." She's already moving away, but a faint smirk touches her lips. "Unless you want me to be the one to do it."

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 21:12:02 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 It seemed that five minutes was all that the world was willing to give them. Dozy silence replaced by high pitched alarms and the fumbling of sheets, both of them disturbed from their reverie as Skyler reaches over him, their protective barrier slipping enough to let reality in.

Suddenly his bones feel heavy, hesitance clinging to every edge of himself as his companion slips back into place behind him, Angelo feeling for the first time in a while reluctance to get back on the road. Not even his wanderlust motivating him to swing his legs over the side of the bed. Skyler was right though; duty always calls. As did an empty wallet. Still, Angelo decides he doesn’t quite like it when she tells him they need to go, not when it leads to never-ending responsibilities and a parting of ways.

You’re right,” he concedes on a sigh, his hand reaching up to the arm that had curled around him, holding her in place for a beat longer. Clinging to the warmth for as long as he could. There’s a tickle against the back of his neck, soft and fleeting enough for him to confuse it between a brush of lips or a caress of a golden curl. It makes that regrettable feeling of separation pang a little more than it had any right to. “I hate it when you’re right.” He doesn’t really, his laced words a sombre sort of playfulness, although there’s certainly a hint of distaste for the end of their morning leaking through tired edges.

Did you forget?” Blue eyes follow her as she moves away, the faint smirk on Skyler’s lips smoothing over the bittersweetness just a little and Angelo goes to move after her, pulled along by his regrettable sense of responsibility and a much more agreeable ultimatum. “You made me your cook when I’m here. And as the cook, I’ve already decided you’re banned from my kitchen.

Angelo doesn’t dawdle in making breakfast for them, aware that they both need to get on the road and to the sea respectfully, having already received a couple of messages about his first pickups of the day. It isn’t long before he’s standing on the pier, backpack over his shoulders and bicycle propped up, everything ready and waiting for him. All he needed to do was say goodbye to his adventure buddy...

It’s been fun, Sunshine.” He opens his arms and envelops her in a hug, squeezing her close to himself and wondering whether she knew just how fun it had been. All of it. From the Carvanah infested river to the first drunken night singing and dancing around the campfire. To last night and all of its twists and turns. Even looking at that pot of plastic gold was enjoyable when he had Skyler by his side to share in his disappointment and frustrations. Something twists in his gut as he’s struck with a sad realisation that their adventure really was over. At least for the time being, they had the cave tours to look forward to now. “If you get lonely, you can always put in a delivery for me.” He grins into her hair as he plants an affectionate, quiet parting kiss onto golden curls. 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 22:33:04 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Appointing Angelo as the ship's cook (at least while he was around) was, Skyler quickly decided, the best decision she'd ever made.

Languishing on the couch and carefully drawing a route for today's diving spots, Skyler can't help but look over her shoulder once in a while to appreciate the view. Her eyes snap up to meet his when she's inevitably caught, her innocent expression at odds with the devilish curve of her smile. 

Best decision indeed. Maybe she'll get him an apron or something.

Unfortunately for her, the morning goes by too fast in a whirlwind of activity as both prepare for the day ahead. And while Skyler loves her job, she can't help but have to drag herself through the preparations, perhaps attempting to find an excuse to draw out the moments that keep on stubbornly slipping through her grasp.

It is a strange sensation.

The hug is a warm, comforting thing that envelops her from head to toe. She wonders if Angelo knows how good he is at these, and quickly decides not to tell him lest he grows a big head because of it. But there's a small, soft smile that lingers on her lips, gone by the time she steps back - replaced instead by a fierce, cheerful grin. "The first of many adventures." And the way she says it makes it more than a promise; makes it a certainty. "You better be ready, Angel."

She remembers how she'd promised herself that Angelo would have the option to sleep on a bed - and her grin widens. The sailor looks perhaps a bit too casual as she nods at his suggestion. "Of course. I'll have some pizza ready by the time you arrive." And some treats for Dorado, of course. 

Skyler doesn't dawdle as Angelo gets on his bike; she's already on the way to her speedboat, reviewing today's to-do list and double-checking all the diving equipment.

Her thoughts, however, follow Angelo down the road.

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 2:51:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: