2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 15:09:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Hmmm, fuck this is good." Pizza, Skyler quickly decided, was food from the heavens.

She bit into the first slice, the melted cheese almost burning her tongue due to her haste. The resulting sound that left her throat at the deliciousness that immediately flooded her mouth (after a whole week of foraging and - mushrooms) was nearly sinful. "Pass the beer, would you?"

It didn’t take them long to demolish the pizza, Skyler leaning back against the couch and propping her feet up on the table. The earlier shower had felt heavenly too. In fact, Skyler was pretty sure that she would melt into the couch if she just let herself. “If I died right now, I’d die a happy woman."

Belly full, shower taken, warm with a blanket over her and Angelo’s legs, the slight buzz of alcohol running through her veins - and accompanied by the best adventuring buddy in the world. Yes, a happy woman indeed.

Ever since that first night on the island there had been a low-simmering tension between the two of them, a current of awareness that had grown stronger with each day spent together, running wild in the jungle. The sailor could feel it now, an electric warmth running the length of her arm where she leaned against Angelo.

And Skyler, being Skyler, basked in it much like a Meowth would in the morning sunlight. "So, Angel," her voice had the cadence of forced casualness, the first sign of trouble, "when we get married will you take my last name or will I take yours?"

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 16:18:02 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Angelo would take the outdoors, travelling and adventures, over sitting at home any day of the week however there were times that being a couch potato was an exception to the rule. This was one of those times.

Mhm,” he hums in agreement, mouth full of cheese and dough as he practically inhales another slice, truly feeling as if he were basking in something very near to heaven. After a week of running around on a deserted island with Skyler – as enjoyable as it had been – eating pizza, taking a hot shower and having a couch to sink into beside her, just feels that much sweeter.

Passing Skyler another beer, Angelo slips down a little lower on the couch, his feet poking out the edge of blanket from its perch on the coffee table. “I hope you didn’t have any plans to kick me out. I’m not going anywhere, even if I wanted to.” He was far too comfortable to move now, his stomach happily full and his comfort level arching towards the roof. It would be a fate worse than death if he was forced to get off his ass now.

Nursing a beer, lulled into a happy buzz, Angelo could easily ignore the ache of a bruise and a crackle of tension that tickled across his skin where they leaned against each other; heat pooling in his gut from the magnetic pull smoothed over into something manageable. Even with Skyler prodding at him in the way she knew best.

Oh, so it’s up for debate?” He grins lazily, sinking a little lower into the cushion so his cheek pressed against her shoulder as he says something knowingly ridiculous on purpose, a little glad she can’t see his face. “How about this…? I’ll take yours if we call our first 'Angelo Junior'. A.J. Dross has a ring to it.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 17:54:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Angelo Dross..." Skyler drawled the name out slowly, as if tasting every syllable. The grin on her face widened with mischief, although Angelo couldn't really see it. "I like the sound of that." And she really did, if the shiver of warmth that pooled in her belly was any indication. The sailor decided to ignore it. For now.

The way Angelo sank into the couch was very much how Skyler herself felt, but she refrained from doing a wet noodle impersonation herself - instead choosing to nuzzle her nose into soft brown hair, humming with tipsy contentment. "Our first? Angel, how many are you thinking of having? I said I wanted a crew for the ship, but isn't that a bit too much?" Laughter coloured her words as she spoke, soft hairs tickling her nose in a decidedly enjoyable way. "And there's no way I'm calling our kid Junior. That's just bad taste." 

With a sigh she righted herself and leaned her head back onto the fluffy pillows. Her hands were freezing, she suddenly noticed. One of them was holding onto the can of beer, but the other was free - and Skyler didn't hesitate before shoving it under the blanket they were both under, unabashedly setting it against the warm skin of Angelo's leg. Aahh, much better. 

"I suppose you'll be the stay-at-home dad then?"

No rest for the wicked, as they say.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 19:02:23 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 He liked the sound of it, too. Not like he’d admit it. Skyler Vestri was also good but somehow didn’t have quite the same punch. Although, Angelo considered, that may be because he was so used to her being a Dross it felt a little out of place imagining her with anything else… He didn’t think it was something that he should start contemplating over.

Alto Marian’s like big families,” he hums casually as Skyler presses her face into his hair, closing his eyes at the sensation before taking a swig of beer through a smile. That could be debatable, honestly. Maybe it was just his family. “Speaking of bad taste; what was your boat called again?” There’s a smirk on his lips even if she can’t see it, he actually liked her bad taste. “You’re not one to talk.

Suddenly there’s something cold touching the skin of his leg and Angelo jolts a little at the sudden contact, his beer almost sloshing in his shock from both Skyler’s frozen hand and her question.

Nuh-uh. Not a chance.” Angelo responds with a laugh as he gingerly pushes himself back up so he was no longer slouched, trying not to move too quickly so as to avoid wrenching his side. His free hand slips under the blanket to retrieve Skyler’s wandering fingers, his brow pinched into a frown, although the fake seriousness was dulled by a traitorous curl of his lips. “We’ll just leave the raising to the community. Let them run wild. They'd be doing that anyway with your DNA and they might pick up not to touch people with their cold-ass claws.

He gives her chilly fingers a squeeze as they return back into the open, hold lingering for a few seconds. “Hey, can I ask you a question?” 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 19:49:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I’ll have you know that my ship’s name is very dignified." She couldn't help the twitching of her lips even as she said these words, attempting and failing to keep a serious face. "The name Sotally Tober will be known throughout the seven seas, I swear." There was a pause as she considered something. "Plus," she continued, voice growing a smidge softer, "it brings smiles to people’s faces.” And it spoke of Skyler’s own chaotic energy, though when she headed scientific expeditions some scientists would grumble at having to write the name Sotally Tober in their reports.

To be perfectly honest, that fact only made it better.

"Hey, my DNA is perfectly fine, let me tell you." She wiggled her eyebrows at him playfully, gesturing to herself, head to toe. "And my parents are fine historians. I’m just the wild card in the family." As her parents were so often happy to inform her. She hadn’t always been the easiest child to take care of. "Our kids might become historians themselves," Skyler sniffed dramatically, her eyes glimmering with roguish delight. Given that Angelo’s DNA would also be in the mix, she couldn’t say for certain… "Or maybe they’ll turn out as annoying as you." Though the words might sound harsh, there was a familiar kind of affection weaved into them.

A frown crossed her face when Angelo removed her hand from its very cosy perch under the blanket. The temptation to shove it back where it’d been was strong, but she managed to hold that instinct. "My claws are freezing, Angel." When he went to release her hand, she held on, stubborness rising to the surface. "I’mma shove them down there again if you don’t let me warm them."

She made a noncommittal sound at his question, curiosity niggling in the back of her mind. "I’m all ears, Angel."

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 21:31:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 So I either get a wildcard or a historian? Can’t say you’re making it very tempting to have this crew of children with you.” Still, Skyler always manages to pull a laughter out of him somehow, her dig at his apparent annoyances bubbling something warm in his chest. Clearly, he wasn’t bothered by the surface level insult. “That’s a weird way to say amazing.

He goes to release her hand, as a friend probably should, only for Skyler to quickly cut in with a threat that Angelo knew all too well may very well be acted upon if he dared pull away. After a week of sharing a sleeping bag, of giving out casual touches, holding her hand was something that he was more than comfortable doing. Liked, maybe. Even if it probably wasn’t something friends often did. “Fine, I’ll take on this heavy burden,” he sighed dramatically, letting their hands fall on top of the blanket between them, taking a sip of beer to distract himself as he squeezed her cold fingers. This was safer than her trying to grab a feel of his leg.

Okay, so let’s go back. We're in the treasure room, there's a chest filled with coins and artifacts and all kinds of gold things.” He says, deviating the topic away from theoretical children and marriage, returning to a memory which sits bitterly humorous on his tongue. It’s still so clear, from the feel of the artificial discs between his fingers to the frustration that stings sharper than any pulled muscle. “Only this time they’re real and not made out of plastic.” He adds in although Skyler probably doesn’t need reminding.

What then? I’m curious what the Dross Diving Co would do next with their findings.” Something tells him it doesn’t go to a museum.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 22:25:51 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler did her best to not show her self-satisfaction when he relented and kept her hand grasped in his, though she probably failed miserably at it. Her gaze flickered to their interlocked fingers and she couldn’t help the almost unconscious motion of her fingers as they drew small patterns on the skin of his hand. "My brave knight, willing to take on such heavy burdens." The reference dripped with playful mockery, momentarily taking her back to that moment in the crevice.

Not the best idea ever.

Angelo’s next words drew a shadow over Skyler’s expression. Her silvery eyes churned with a distant storm, the memories from that specific moment bringing forth a warning flash of temper that soon fizzled out, having already been spent on the poor souls who’d thought it a good idea to tease her with the idea of real treasure. 

Angelo’s hypothetical scenario caught her attention. The sailor leaned slightly forward in interest, taking a couple of gulps of her beer while she thought. "First," she started, moonlit silver finding deep blue, "I would give half to my adventuring buddy." The smile on her face was pure mischief, but it faded away as she continued, "then I would put some away for my parents." They led a comfortable life, but one could never know. Lilycove had flooded recently, after all. "I would call my contacts about any artifacts or other curious things, sell them off. After that-" She paused, checking her can of beer - frowning when she found it empty. She grabbed another from the low table and popped it open, taking a small gulp before continuing.

"After that, hell, I don’t know. Outfit my ship for longer journeys out on the open sea. Get myself better diving equipment, maybe even a small submarine. Prolly wouldn’t need to come ashore for months." The lengths she could go if she were allowed to reach just a bit further...

"Ah! And a house in Pacifidlog. I’ve always wanted one of those. Thatch roof and all." Would the money even cover all that? She had absolutely no idea. "With free morning massages." Was that even a thing?

Feeling pleased with her plans, she then turned to Angelo. "What about you, Angel? Got any big plans for the treasure?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 23:28:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Ocean blue finds moonlit silver and his lips pull into a grin, feeding off her mischievous energy and putting in a quick comment of his own before she answers him in proper. “I knew I picked right in befriending you.

Drawn into her response, Angelo sits quietly and listens as Skyler begins to talk all about her ideas for when striking her theoretical fortune. All the playfulness melts away, replaced instead by considered answers and wishes that seemed to stem from the heart, innocently honest and without qualms, as if all of these things were just waiting for her to reach out and take them. He absentmindedly sipped at his beer, her voice echoing its sweet tune within his hollow chest.

It must be nice, he thinks to himself as he quickly finds himself at the bottom of the can, to have so many things to dream of that could take shape and be tangible. Hell, he could see Skyler with a fricking submarine if she decided she really wanted it. He couldn’t remember the last time that he had held onto a definitive string of wants; his yearning heart just wanting to cling on to his wanting rather than letting them slip through his fingers like sand.

He swirls the can, looking down into nothingness as the last dribble at the bottom sloshes against the edges, unsure whether he should have asked now that he aches hungrily but then, even though it’s a bittersweet feeling, he wouldn’t have seen Skyler look quite so pleased to share in her fantasies…

What kind of house gives out free massages?” He asks first, eyebrow raised, as he places the empty can on the coffee table and stretches out a hand in search of another. “And if they exist where can I get one?” It’s easier to break through his deeper, darker considerations with a choice bit of humour.

Nothing as interesting as you. I’d send some back home to my family,” more like the majority of it, they needed it more than he did, five other kids deserved a better future. He popped open his next beer, sucking up the froth that bubbled out. “Then I’d quit my job and go travelling, properly. I’ve always wanted to check out Alola. Apparently the Minior showers there are one of those things you have to see at least once... Maybe you can pick me up in your fancy submarine.” None of them, ironically, cost much money if any at all, although Angelo wasn’t sure if Skyler would figure out that he could just do all this, technically, whenever he wanted…

Oh and I need a new light for my bike. I’ve been tying my torch onto the handlebars for months.” It’s then he turns back to look at Skyler, smiling behind the can with a hint of mischief left over from his last comment, hoping his ambivalence wasn’t showing. “I think you win. Your plans got mine beat.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 0:34:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Well, this," and she gestures at the ship around them, "isn’t exactly a house, but if you ask nicely enough I can be convinced to give you a massage. Maybe." And maybe he’d forgotten that she actually owed him a massage. He couldn’t possibly remember after all the shit that’d happened, right? Right.

Skyler listened to his plans with a hungry look in her eyes, her own curiosity like an open chasm in her that greedily gobbled up his words. At the end of his speech though, a faint frown settled over her face.

"No, I don’t think I win. I don’t think our plans are all that different actually."

She held up the fingers of her free hand, the other still drawing patterns on Angelo’s skin. She started counting off the similarities one by one. "We would both give part of it to our families - and I’m hoping that you’d share some with me also, or else I’d have no choice other than to chase you down to the ends of the earth in revenge." Something fierce flashed in her eyes, a promise or a challenge, it wasn't quite clear. It faded as she continued. "We both want a house with a morning massage - don’t tell me you don’t want to, I can see it in your eyes, Angel." Her tone was provocative, cheshire smile in place as she winked at him. "We want to keep our beloved vehicles all nice and properly cared for." Did it really matter if it was a ship or a boat or a bicycle? The intent was the same.

"You want adventure, I also want adventure." The details of said adventures didn’t really matter; they wanted to go places, to see things, to experience what the world had to offer.

There was, she suddenly realized, a hunger in Angelo that was not that different from her own.

"So you see. I don’t win at all. Well, neither of us does because that treasure was a fucking hoax." Temper boiled under the edge of dry humor, turning her smile into something made for war. "And hey, at least we got shitty keychains out of it, huh? Not quite a trip to Alola or a submarine but they’ll have to do for now. The rest comes later." The words spilled from her lips with an underlying sense of careless inevitability to them; as if, were she to just ask, the stars would fall down to earth to tangle in her hair.

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 16:18:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Hang on-“ Angelo's laughter is immediately cut off before he can press on, his protest falling silent as Skyler continues to try and prove her point, her fierce look of challenge to chase him to the ends of the earth met with an amused, fond smile. Words remained lingering on his tongue though, ready to strike out when the opportunity presented itself.

He’s again drawn into her passionate speech, listening and laughing as she mentions the massages, giving her a poorly attempted innocent smile and a shrug. “I’d never think of such things,” she was right, of course. “Get your mind out of the gutter.

They both want the same thing, huh? There was a hunger in two sets of eyes, Angelo recognises, both of them craving for the taste of adventure and freedom with a palpable intensity that could drive men insane. Yet he could only see one of them catching stardust in outstretched hands.

His lips twist into something strained, both at the memory of their island adventure reaching its anticlimactic, frustrating finale and the confident, unfounded surety in Skyler’s voice. Later, her voice rings in his ears, the rest comes later… She sounded so certain that he longed to believe it, too; but that was just another want he couldn’t keep hold of.

True.. and you've got a point,” he puts a smile back on his face, his thumb of their intertwined hands absentmindedly brushing against her skin, as if the motion is an unregistered comfort to himself. “We’re both losers. But I don’t know, as far as shitty keychains go, I think mine’s the best.” His lips quirk at the memory of the picture safely stored in his bag; a whirlwind of gold as Skyler’s screaming assault on a ghost immortalised in photographic form.

Anyway, what the hell do you mean ‘giving you a share of the money’?” Lips curling into a grin, Angelo turns a little more towards her, leaning forward with a look of challenge of his own, sparkling like sunshine on a water’s surface. He hadn't forgotten his earlier thought. “If we find the treasure and you give me half, then it’s already split evenly. So why are you demanding another cut of my share?” It was all theoretics and what-ifs, not something that really mattered, but he couldn’t drop the opportunity to tease Skyler when it fell into his lap. “You trying to rob me, sunshine?” He lifts the cold surface of his can to touch against her neck with a devilish smirk.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 21:23:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Her eyebrows quirk up at his attempted innocence, the earlier teasing expression all but taking over her face. "Never?" It’s too fun to poke and prod at him. Her eyes were suddenly at half-mast, silver sparkling from under her lashes. "Let me tell you, Angel, you’re missing out on some fun stuff." She didn’t elaborate on what, exactly, that meant - she was pretty sure she didn’t need to: the warm, inviting lilt of her voice all but spoke for her.

And get her mind out of the gutter? Hah, as if.

The curve of her lips is triumphant when he concedes that she has a point, only to be roughly shoved to the side by a sudden grimace at the mention of his keychain. The sailor falls back against the couch, groaning at the memory. She’d been hoping to keep that particular part of their adventure to herself - but unfortunately it’d been immortalized by a nearby camera, much to her chagrin. "Yeah, yeah; don’t forget I’ve got one of my own." The moment where Angelo had decided to destroy half the setup with a Hyper Beam just to be able to get to her. "My knight in shining armor." There was no way she’d let go of that anytime soon.

She’s taking another swing of her beer, enjoying the bubbling on her tongue and the buzz in her head, when she notices Angelo’s shifting posture. Her eyes narrow immediately, finding his own ocean blues and sharpening at the challenge in his words. Skyler takes a long gulp of her beer, looking not at all like she was in a hurry despite the sudden flare that turns her eyes molten silver at the last sunshine that spills past his lips.

The can of beer is left on the table, halfway empty, and Skyler leans her side against the couch, standing perhaps just bit too intimately close for a friend. "Of course I’m trying to rob you, Angel, I’m a treasure hunter. I always want more." She’s about to say something else when the approaching glint of a metallic surface has her wrapping the fingers of her free hand around Angelo’s wrist with practised reflexes - yet not fast enough to stop the cold surface from touching the skin of her neck.

"Shit, that’s cold!" She bares her teeth at Angelo in something that could’ve been a grin if you squinted your eyes enough. "Get that away before I bite you." 

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 23:21:31 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Despite all the negative thoughts bubbling within his heart, it’s the brand-new nickname that Skyler has given him that turns Angelo’s expression sour, his skin prickling in distaste. It was even worse that his reckless behaviour had been caught on camera for Skyler to see, forever giving her the ammunition to reference it now it was destined for prime location on her keys. “I should have left you to the ghost,” he tells her with a grim smile, although both probably knew that he never would.

He watches Skyler carefully as he challenges her on her inability to share, greedily absorbing the way moonlit eyes find his and drawn in by the way she slowly gulps at the beer, impatience settling into his alcohol buzzed senses. There’s the fire of competitiveness in the air, he can taste it crackling between them like it was made tangible and like a fool Angelo feeds it, knows that he prods and encourages the embers, giving willingly to feel the rush of its addictive warmth.

Only there’s something in him that’s not quite ready for this retaliation. She leans close, like she has done so many times before. Yet this time his focus becomes wrapped around her and he wasn’t sure what exactly it was in her words that snared him but all he could hear, whispering in his ears, is her voice saying ‘want more’.

Then her wrist finds his and from the snatching knock, a splash of beer is spilled out of his can and onto the back of the couch. Angelo blinks, spell broken. His breath finds him and his tongue swiftly follows, jolted back to life with a threat that brings memories with it; his arm prickles with electricity where her teeth marks had once been imprinted.

If you want me to get it away from you, then you’re going to have to let me go, genius.” He could wrench his arm away easily enough but it would probably end up with the rest of the beer being splashed, probably over themselves. “Do you threaten to bite all your friends or is it just me?” That probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, he realised only after the fact, resolving himself to not distance himself or let his teasing grin waver. 

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 13:00:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler doesn't move immediately, fingers wrapped around Angelo's wrists like a vice, feeling the accelerated pulse under the pressure of her fingertips with a slow smirk of her lips. Tension sits, heavy and charged, between the two of them for a breathless moment - their fierce competition the prelude to something else that sneaks up behind silver eyes. A question. A dare.

The beer can is still cold against the skin of her neck, and the sailor can feel several drops of condensation from its surface run down her neck and disappear under the collar of her t-shirt. The feeling makes her shiver.

Then the moment is broken and Skyler lets Angelo go with a quirked eyebrow. "Whose brilliant idea was it to freeze my neck again? Idiot." She doesn't seem too bothered by it though. "And you're cleaning the couch."  There wasn't any conviction behind these last words; she'd probably forget about it in a few minutes.

A short burst of laughter escapes her at Angelo's next question, and Skyler goes for her beer, hiding the beginnings of a wicked smirk behind the beer can. A couple of gulps later, Skyler has her cheek squished against the wall of the couch and is looking at her adventuring buddy with glittering eyes. "I only threaten to bite my closest friends," she's teasing, although the words ring somewhat true. "But I only go ahead with the threat when it's you, mio Angelo." She's heard a couple of Alto Marian words,  but not nearly enough to try and make a sentence. Certainly enough to tease her friend, though.

The sailor peers at the arm which she had bitten, distractedly tracing the area where she'd sunk her teeth with a wandering fingertip.

"What, don't you bite your friends too, Angel?" The sailor emphasizes the word friend in a way that makes it obvious she isn't talking about friends at all. 

● tags:

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 19:28:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 His resolve wavered. After a few gulps of his beer to fill the tense air with something, Angelo finds his position on the couch shifting ever so slightly, his arm moving to rest along the back behind Skyler with his body facing towards her, drawn into the magnetic pull of sparkling, mischievous eyes. There’s no more teasing smile on his lips, instead replaced with something a little more subtle yet holding a fire, matching the darkening hue of blue as he leans ever so slightly towards his friend.

That brief break after his question, where they had stewed in the electricity and filled the silence with thirsty sips, had been but a short gulp of air before Angelo was once again dragged back down into the ocean depths. He knows that he should fight to try and break through the surface again but the water is just so warm and inviting… It’s too easy to let his attraction for her submerge him; gradually weakening his will to resist.

Skyler’s words bring a soft laugh from him and a spark jolts, another piece of sanity crumbling from her increasingly obvious flirtations and clumsy pronunciation of a language from across the sea. “And I'm supposed to be flattered by that, guaio?” He hums back on quiet, teasing tones, unable to resist the counter as it and a new nickname on an Alto Marian tongue slips easily into the thick air between them. “Did you like fighting me that much?

Her fingers graze across the skin of his arm in a burning dance and he reacts in kind, the hand that had been holding hers moving to gently wind around her wrist, brushing circles along the inside where her pulse flutters beneath.

Maybe... Just with the especially annoying friends, though…” Only she wasn’t talking about friends in a platonic sort of way anymore and neither was he. Angelo couldn’t find an excuse for her flirtations any longer; even if he wanted to look. His fingertips brush up towards her elbow. And he wants nothing more in that moment than to lean down, to close the distance between them with a kiss. To leave teeth marks of his own on sun kissed skin.

But he doesn’t. His hold on her slipping through his fingertips, Angelo physically leaning away, feeling like a cold splash of water had been dumped on him, leaving his blue gaze alert again. Maybe it was seeing his own reflection in Skyler’s big, moonlit eyes but he’s suddenly struck with the realisation that if he let himself get any closer, if he took the opportunity… He didn’t think he’d be able to stop.

So instead, feeling like a jackass, Angelo says; “do you want the last slice?” Gesturing to the remains of their pizza with a quick glance. Back of his neck burning, gut simultaneously twisting as it got heavy, he puts on a small practiced smile and slips off the couch, forcibly removing himself from the situation with an excuse. “Back in a sec. Bathroom. You better not drink the rest of my can while I'm gone.

At least it was a believable excuse after drinking a couple of beers... Didn't stop Angelo from wanting to fucking die inside as he left the room, though.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
trouble will find me [c]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 22:28:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

His smile when he faces her is less of the grin she’s grown familiar with and more of a subtle pull of the lips, intimate in a way that draws her gaze like the glint of gold before the greedy eyes of a pirate captain. The darkening of his ocean blues sends a shiver down Skyler’s spine: whatever depths he has gone to, the sailor is all too happy to follow, heedless of what awaits her.

Or perhaps eager for it.

Pupils dilate at the sound of his soft, quiet laughter, engulfing the moonlight silver with their darkness. They’re sitting so close that Skyler can feel the whisper of his breath on her skin. She doesn't think she imagines the lingering brush of air over her lips.

Skyler suddenly understands other sailors when they speak tales of sirens, of creatures who sing you to the depths of the sea. If Angelo murmured her doom in that same voice, she wasn’t sure she wouldn’t follow him to places untold. She knew she would.

The soft tones slipping past his lips lure her in, and Skyler can’t muster the smirk that wants to pull at her lips. The smile she ends up giving him is instead secretive, a subtle curve of the lips that tempts Angelo to follow her into paths unknown.

"You should be flattered." Her words are barely raised above a whisper, the silken cadence of her voice mingling with his own. A jolt of warmth courses through her at the alto marian nickname. "I’d fight with you again, Angel. You need just ask. I'll be... gentle." The way she drawls out the word promises exactly the opposite.

The way his fingers drift over her skin to her elbow catches Skyler off-guard, and she can’t help the breathless sigh that escapes her, eyes fluttering at the sensation. "Especially annoying, huh?" She hears the promise in Angelo’s words and her fingers dig into the flesh of his arm in response. She wants to bury her fingers in soft brown hair, wants to pull him down to her lips, wants to be the reason that darkens his ocean blue eyes.

But he’s suddenly gone. Silver eyes open in a sudden shock of awareness, following Angelo’s movements as he leans away from her, her mind a jumbled mess of thoughts. The sailor barely registers his words before the bathroom door closes behind him, leaving her alone.

Skyler wants to strangle him. And also to drag him to her bed - but mostly to strangle him.

Letting out a shuddering breath, the sailor jumps to her feet and stalks over to the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a couple of cold beers for herself. She slams the door to the fridge shut, not caring if Angelo hears her, and pops open one of the beers, gulping down its contents at an alarming rate. When she slams the beer down onto the counter it is nearly empty.

She can still feel his breath on her lips. His soft words beckoning to her. Fuck.

Skyler finishes the first beer and brings the other one with her as she returns to the couch, plopping down with a sigh. Her limbs are artlessly strewn over the couch - she’d look as if she were lounging if not for the sharp edge of her eyes. "Took care of business?" She can’t help but ask over her shoulder as soon as she hears the bathroom door open.

● tags: