2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
don't break my stride [dw/o]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 17:50:20 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A gleam of something that might've been enthusiasm lit up Skyler's eyes. "A herd of Dragonite? Now that I would love to see. I only have the one, Magellan, but he's one of my most peaceful dragons, keeps the others in line." He wasn't exactly a battler, not like Clarabelle or some of her more... battle-prone pokemon. But he could be deadly when he wanted to, so the captain readily believed Jonathan's words. "Really intelligent too. In that they're very much like Lapras. Think we could arrange a meeting?" Her Lapras and his Dragonite - it would be a sight to see.

A scoff slipped from her lips at Jonathan's assessment of the badges' importance, along with his comment about important people. "Society's expectations can go kiss my ass." Skyler had never seen the value in those glittering tokens everyone 'oooh-ed' and 'aaah-ed' over, though she could understand why someone would want to climb the ladder. "People only have power because we give it to them; be it badges or family names. I just don't... I don't really like the way people bend over backwards to appease those in power. How it comes to be expected."

Skyler wasn't exactly given to rule-abiding niceness.

There was a pause, Skyler jolting slightly and snapping her head to have silver eyes meet with Jonathan's. "No offense meant! Badges are tokens of power. It's just that I prefer to seek mine elsewhere." As far away from politics as possible, under the raging waves of the deep sea.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 17:02:45 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
Valerio's finger runs against his philtrum, a smug look on his face and a wide grin demonstrates his pride for his new generation dragons.

Though he doesn't know if she realizes he used the past tense. If it slips her cognizance, all the more better for the redhead. He can't afford to become too careless now after trying so hard to build his Hoenn identity.

“You're probably right.”

As he muses away, he notices a shiftry in the background sneaking away from the sight of the trainers. It pays its attention on something more important: food. But Valerio's charizard beats her to it; with a swift attack of Hoon's THUNDER PUNCH, it falls to the ground, allowing a swift catch for the trainer.

“They can all suck it.” He huffs a good laugh, something that he hasn't probably done in a while. It is easy to be like this around Rockets as they sure share the same sentiments, but it is different with people that think the same way but does complement it with crime.

This feeling is oddly similar to how he feels back then. Back in Galar.

“Well, I've already collected a bunch. Might as well take advantage of the perks that come with it.”

DUO WILD: CATCH SHIFTRY - 9

#
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 3:40:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIDGEOT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TANGLED FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IMPIDIMP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRANKSTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DARK PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]VALERIO CAUGHT SHIFTRY!
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 13:24:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying herself. Despite not being part of an international organised crime group, she did have her own shady dealings - especially when it came to her treasure hunting business. And while she was, for the most part, a rule-abiding citizen, it did not mean that she saw the world in black and white, or that she cared for rules that limited her endeavors...

"If you do become the champion, I reserve the right to tell you to suck it." The sea captain's lips twitched with the beginnings of an amused grin, just as her hand stretched out for a handshake. Challenging him to accept it. "It's a deal, uncle." He probably wouldn't have to worry about her becoming the champion. She had absolutely no interest in that.

Above, a large shadow crossed the morning sky, catching Skyler's attention. Her fingers twitched over her belt, silver eyes locking onto the Pidgeot as a Salamence was released, her ruby-red wings thick with scars. "Ata, up there."

The Salamence didn't need to be told twice, flapping her mighty wings once, twice, before taking to the air, quickly overtaking the bird pokemon with a burning hot FLAMETHROWER. A pokeball caught the bird mid-fall - before it could crash onto the ground.

Once Salamence returned, Skyler tilted her head to the side, eying the older man. "As enjoyable as this was, I'm afraid I have business to atend to. Can't be all fun and games, y'know?" An unrepentant smile curled her lips, just as she leaned forward to pat Jonathan's arm. "Keep in touch, will ya?" 

A small piece of paper with a phone humber, hastily written and barely legible, was put into Jonathan's hand. 

Skyler quickly recalled Clarabelle and hopped onto the Salamence, giving the rocket a short salute before taking to the skies.

CATCHING PIDGEOT

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2021 16:46:39 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“Touche.”

There is no attempt to hide the curl of his lips as he exchanges banter with the lady. He, too, is enjoying himself in her company that it is unfortunate for them to part ways without even having a drink together or battling with their pokemons. But when she hands him a piece of paper with a number on it, he knows it wouldn't be the last time both of them will be meeting.

“I probably won't but if you insist, how can I deny such a request from a fan.”

As soon as the lady is gone, charizard prods him along to move to his destination as well. However, the pair is briefly stopped by a wild impidimp that attempts to block their path. Hoon lets out a powerful THUNDER PUNCH, sending the creature to the ground as Valerio hurls it with a spare pokeball.

It will be his last catch for the day.

DUO WILD: CATCH IMPIDIMP - 10

#

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 9:29:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]SKYLER CAUGHT PIDGEOT!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TANGLED FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]VALERIO CAUGHT IMPIDIMP!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRANKSTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DARK PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildnote"]BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!