Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 21:21:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

One successful open sea mission and he was suddenly Deep Sea expert, was that it?

"Darn right we are." He said as he let the diving suit smack neatly into his bum, winking at the little spider skittering around his feet excitedly. "An abandoned open sea installation? Just give'me a submarine and call me Captain Nemo already, why don'tcha?"

He leaned over the ship's railing and grinned at the half-collapsed structure far ahead, lining up a shot with the deep sea waterproof camera he had been assigned for the mission.

The structure made for an imposing shot from this close, and it would definitely not be any less intimidating once they dove into the water and got a shot at its shaky suspensions.

It was something of a routine, if extremely perilous mission- making sure the abandoned facility wasn't about to completely collapse into the sea and create further problems for the nearby locals. Not every deposit inside had been emptied yet. Process was slow and methodical, lest its impending fall was rushed ahead of time.

Due to the all out war with the Megalopolans, and the Rocket activity on Slateport nearby before that, the league had not been able to realize any official check ups in a long while. It was feared that the battles rocking Hoenn might have worsened the state of the suspensions.

He supposed that might explain why they had sent a big shot to handle it. Not him, of course; his partner.

Or so he had been told, anyway. He hadn't really seen the guy since he came onto the ship. He had made small talk with the old man ferrying them to their mission spot, but hadn't seen his companion at all. Tired, perhaps?

"We are almost there." He said, glancing at his Dewpider, who nodded. "Should we go look for 'em or somethin'?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 19:19:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
mission: deep dive (ee)

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Not tired, exactly, but seasick and squeamish when it came to the open sea, or ocean, or whatever it is you might call the water that surrounded Hoenn. It was times like these that she wished she were back in Kanto, surrounded by tall building and neon lights. Oh, and with her feet on solid ground and not a drop of water in sight.[break][break]

She had been called in to supervise the situation, mostly. Of course, her rapid-fire mind could never handle idle work for long, so she had eventually pushed herself to actually do something useful other than watch scanners or what have you.[break][break]

And in this case, their mission objective was to ensure that the building didn't sink into the sea. Apparently there were still a bunch of researchers working hard at their jobs in there and their stubbornness was bound to get them killed. Stormy had every intention of trying to save the building, but she had a sneaky feeling that this would turn into a rescue operation.[break][break]

Stormy exhales softly as she finally comes out of her hidey-hole on the ship. She can see the silhouette of a young man up ahead, and hear him talking to his Pokemon - or someone at least - about having almost arrived and looking for their partner. She glances over her shoulder, momentarily forgetting that it's probably her who's the partner.[break][break]

"Hey, kid. You ready to get your feet wet?"[break][break]

[break]

notes: deep dive (ee) mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 14:47:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Yes Siree, Ready to faceplant my dive!" He said cheerily even as he jolted, the words flowing out of his mouth before he could fully register the voice.

Turning to face his companion, he found himself staring at a beautiful woman instead of a burly scuba diving man.

Right. He needed to re-examine personal biases.

"That is to say, Yes ma'am!" He said, trying not to squint too hard at her.

She seemed familiar; he was pretty sure he had never met her, but he had definitely seen her face before. It was almost Bailey all over again.

She probably was... a supermodel. She certainly looked the part.

"M'friends call me Doug. Pleasure to work with ya!" He said, raising up a hand cheerfully before lightly prodding the little spider besides him with his foot. "Hey, say hi, you."

The Dewpider mimicked him, waving one of her many arms at the lady.

"Anyway, ready, ma'am!" He said, holding up the waterproof camera while leaning against the ship's railing. "Shall we?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2020 18:45:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
The 'yes siree' doesn't even phase her, and instead brings an amused smirk to her face as a result of the boy's excitement.[break][break]

He corrects himself as she approaches, and she completely misses the way his eyes squint to take in her appearance. People tended to stare, and she tended to not see it happening. She had better things to do than worry about what people thought of her.[break][break]

"The pleasure's all mine, Doug. I'm Stormy."[break][break]

She glances at the boy's spider companion, offering the creature a small smile when it waves to her. Stormy pulls her diving apparatus over her head, fixing it to her mouth and nose. [break][break]

"After you, Doug. I trust you know where it is we're headed."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 23:26:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Stormy?" He said, echoing her as he cupped his chin, brows furrowing. "That name... is pretty cool! Are you Kantonian?"

It certainly seemed like something he would have heard back in Kanto.

It was familiar, too, but he couldn't waste his new boss' time trying to figure out where he had heard it. Time to work!

"Sure do, ma'am!" He said as he walked up to the railing of the ship, gesturing towards the large research structure falling apart. "See those large steel supports that hold up the facility? We gotta dive aaall the way down to the ocean floor underneath and photograph 'em."

It was not an easy task. Not just on a physical level, but a mental one as well. Not many people were willing or even capacitated for the task, nor had the nerves to attempt it.

"Honestly, I'm unqualified for the task." He said as he crossed his arms, humming. "I was only eligible 'cause I've done a few deep sea diving missions before."

He shrugged, grinning.

"But beggars can't be choosers! League's missing skilled laborers right now, and this place could come down any second now- gotta make do!" He said as he threw a leg over the railing, adjusting his oxygen tank as he looked back at her. "Enough of wasting your time, ma'am! Let's go!"

The dive down wasn't a problem. The problems usually started the moment the rookie divers set their gaze towards the ocean floor.

The dark abyss upon which no sunlight penetrated could freeze a man in his tracks.

Doug gestured to Stormy to follow him as his Dewpider attached herself to his arm and began to pull him along. He trusted her to have a water type pokemon of her own for the situation.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 0:27:41 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy chuckles, shaking her head in amusement.[break][break]

"Yes, I am. I'm one of the many adopted children of the Silph family."[break][break]

Her attention turns away, however, in the direction the boy directs her. She muses quietly under her breath, the instructions he delivers. [break][break]

"All the way to the ocean floor, huh? Geez."[break][break]

With a twitch of her nose, however, she prepares herself. The cold wind off the water chills her, and she can feel the boil of her confidence simmer beneath the surface of her skin. This would not be pleasant, not in the least.[break][break]

"Well it relieves me to know they've set me up with an experienced deep sea diver. I trust I'm in good hands, then."[break][break]

She winks, smiling in return.[break][break]

His positive outlook and attitude is contagious, and she follows him as he dives into the darkness below. With a crash, the water bubbles up around her, sizzling as it comes in contact with her warm skin. And then, darkness and the quiet, with only the rhythmic intake of her breathing apparatus emitting noise.[break][break]

From her belt, she reaches for quite literally one of the only water-type Pokemon she had. The Kingdra she had once had in her care she had given to her friend, . Fortunately, the Vaporeon at her side now acts as her guide, pulling her along in the water.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 3:34:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The water was cold when they jumped in, and it only got colder the deeper they went. It was hard to miss their mark- but it was harder to get to it.

Neither of them was a Deep Sea Diver by trade, so it was rather quickly that the pressure of the sea began to weigh down upon them as they swam. Still, the location upon which the structure had been constructed was no coincidence- it was high ground in the middle of the sea ideal footholds for a large structure.

Pity the engineers and architects still managed to screw it up, though.

A considerably time after they had jumped into the water, the two finally made it to the high 'sea floor' upon which the structure's 'legs' stood. Large, powerful flashlights they had been outfited with illuminated the Ocean floor as they approached one of the many legs, the nearest one to them.

And as they shone the lights upon it...

Doug was no expert engineer, but he got the impression that things were not looking good.

A sound akin to a metallic clang rang through the water like a Wailord's cry, sending a wave of terror through the youth's entire frame. The sound alone in the darkness of the ocean proved terrifying to him.

The fact that it came from one of many steel beams bending under pressure did not help.

Doug turned about in the water to look at Stormy, holding up his camera and nodding at her.

Time for a few pics.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 2:28:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Her apparatus bubbles as oxygen filters past sealed lips. The fog in front of her visor clears, and she watches the young boy ahead of her kick into action. They swim further and further down, eager to find solid ground beneath their feet, even below the surface of the water. It doesn't take them long at all to find their objective, and she can hear the moaning and groaning of metal bending under the pressure. [break][break]

It quite literally looked like it was one second away from coming undone. She can hear her heart skip painfully in her chest as she reaches for her underwater camera, glancing at Doug just as he nods to her. She nods back, throwing him a brief thumbs-up, but chances are he's already taking care of his own business. [break][break]

Together, her and Vaporeon attempt to swim just above, taking pictures of the damage done to the structure. Goosebumps spread across her skin, though you'd never know considering the black wetsuit clinging to her frame. She shudders, the flash of her camera blinking blindingly in the dark, illuminating the rusting bolts and the bend in the steel.[break][break]

"I think I'm almost done here, Doug!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 19:00:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug's camera flashed as Stormy's voice rang through the comms, the youth turning in the water to throw a thumbs up her way.

"Good job, Ma'am! Just gotta do the same for the rest of the legs and we are homefree!" He said.

The state of one leg alone was not enough to make an accurate estimate of how much time the structure had left. This one was out of shape for certain -what with the constant sound of bending and ripping steel that shook the waters-, but the others could well have been even worse.

Doug led Stormy to the next leg, and the next one after that. Their condition was similar to the first, which did not bode well, but at least did not promise impending danger.

That is, until they reached the last leg.

Doug's eyes were wide behind his visor as he stared at it, the youth swallowing hard at the sight.

Ripped chunks of steel floated around the leg, as well as at the bottom, large, ripping tears adorning its length from ocean floor to surface.

This, he realized, was probably what those who requested the mission had feared. Sharpedo's were common enough around this area- and those were capable of ripping into steel freighters. The legs of the structure were much more durable than even those, but... after considerable time rusting without maintenance, well...

The sounds of crying steel were louder and more frequent in this area than anywhere else...

"This thing ain't gon'last." He said under his breath, his voice carrying over the comms- followed by a sharp gasp. "What was that?!"

Something moved sharply in the distance, swift and nimble. A dangerous silhouette flashed in the distance.

The one responsible for the handiwork on the leg.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 6:27:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Ah, yes, the rest of the legs. That was probably an incredibly smart thing to do, and something that hadn't been specifically spelled out for her. But of course, that should be expected given how unreliable the designers had been when originally building this thing.[break][break]

So she follows the boy at a short distance, snapping photos along with him on the off chance one's camera didn't turn out well in the end. [break][break]

Unfortunately, no amount of pictures could accurately describe the amount of devastation done to the last leg. It was, quite literally, on it's last leg there. She could see the sheared metal, the gouges and teeth marks. It had seen better days, and from here she could even see that huge chunks of metal had fallen below, half-covered with ocean sediment.[break][break]

"Oh my God..."[break][break]

But it was the silence that was truly deafening. The quiet that persisted despite the groan of the structure above. They were being hunted, although that was almost inevitable. It was clear that Sharpedo harbored this part of the ocean and had taken to devouring steel.[break][break]

"Doug?"[break][break]

Movement behind the teenager paints her expression with alarm, and she reaches out a hand for the boy.[break][break]

"I need you to swim to me right now."[break][break]

Urgency makes her tone sharp, and she opts to swim to him just a bit, though her movements are stiff, perhaps a little panicked. The Vaporeon she's brought with her is bristling with unease, eyes darting from side to side. When the Sharpedo strikes, the evolution Pokemon springs to action, intercepting the wild Pokemon with a shriek. [break][break]

"Stay close to me!"[break][break]

And Stormy pulls on Doug's arm to push him above her, suggesting he swim back to the surface and get to safety.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 22:19:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He didn't need to be told twice- neither did Kumon, for that matter, who immediately latched to the youth's wrist before expelling a sharp burst of water, jetting him backwards towards the woman, smacking into her as she swam towards him.

He understood what her tugging meant rather quickly- or perhaps he simply did by reflex. His arm wrapping around her waist, he held his Dewpider'd arm up and she immediately responded by releasing another burst of water, jetting them both towards surface.

The Sharpedo would have usually followed anything trying to flee that quickly- but it had gotten knocked aside by the Vaporeon, its attention now fully on the other water-type as the humans fleed.

Gnashing its teeth, the predator suddenly rushed towards the Vaporeon with impressive speed, its jaw dislodging for a massive bite.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 0:05:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
When she feels him slam into her, she grunts, but her arm automatically reaches down to hold onto him, too. His arm wraps around her waist and she can feel the boys Dewpider pushing water to jet them to the surface, and she kicks out with her legs to aid in the process. In the meantime, she glances down to watch her Vaporeon fight valiantly to fend off their predator. There is blood in the water, and it appears that even despite the Pokemon's best efforts, not even she can properly fend off a Pokemon with so many sharp teeth.[break][break]

But the evolution Pokemon bides them enough time, and Stormy reaches for another pokeball to release a Seismitoad. It's gigantic figure acts as their shield, and he, too, helps propel them upward and out of harm's way. More Sharpedo arrive, attracted by the smell of blood. Thankfully, by the time the two reach the surface, the Vaporeon has escaped too and put itself up on the shore. The Pokemon is nursing its wounds but seems otherwise alright. Seismitoad shakes off at least one or two Sharpedo that had used his arm for a chew toy.[break][break]

"Are you alright, kid? Did they bite you at all?"[break][break]

She, herself, had felt teeth graze her arm, and when she looked she noted that her diving suit was torn and blood seeped from a surface scratch. It wasn't bad though.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 22:06:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

When the broke the surface, it was all Doug could do to not immediately rip off the scuba gear off his face, his arm raising high before waving furiously at the ship in the distance.

Stormy's question was not immediately answered, focused as he was on both waving his arm and shouting the man aboard into gear through the comms, but the fact that he was moving so spiritedly alone probably meant that he was untouched.

That or adrenaline was preparing him for one hell of a surprise once they were aboard.

"I'm fine! You okay?" He said after a moment, his head finally registering her words as his arm slowly lowered down, a very dizzy Dewpider still hanging off it. His gaze was drawn to the Seismitoad nearby, realizing what it had done. He reached out to pat it, breathing out in relief. "Thanks, dude."

Stormy's Vaporeon was safe for now, but the pair and their other two pokemon were still more or less stranded out in the open sea while their get away ship slowly turned to retrieve them.

As blood seeped up above the surface, slowly painting the water around them red, Doug swallowed hard, looking at Stormy.

"No, really, you okay lady?" He said with deeply furrowed brows as he thumbed the one other pokeball he had brought with him. He hadn't intended to have to actually fight but...

That ship was just too slow, and one should never keep an open wound underwater.

"Ain't 'bout to pretend an' be live bait. Let's tear 'em a new one!" He said as he threw his Net Ball, releasing his ferocious Golisopod out into the sea. "Send 'em packing, Kira!"

The bug landed into the water with a sound splash, her eyes snapping wide open before she jetted towards the nearest Sharpedo with surprising speed, raking her claws across its maw with fury, leaving a strong First Impression.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:24:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
It wasn't too bad, but it was certainly more than enough to drag forth more demons from beneath the surface. Beady eyes surround them in the water, and Stormy fights the sense of dread that wells up as a painful lump in her throat. She can feel her Vaporeon pressing close to her side, and her Seismitoad remains as their first line of defense - but even he would not be able to protect them from all of the Sharpedo inbound.[break][break]

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, kid."[break][break]

But the saltwater stings her open wound more than she cares to admit, and without proper first-aid, the scratch will just continue to bleed. [break][break]

Fortunately, however, it is Doug who acts first. The boy sends out a Golisopod, and she sucks in a breath as the Pokemon weaves through the water with incredible agility, cutting down one of the Sharpedo before it could get too close.[break][break]

"We have to start swimming, Doug, or that damn ship will never make it here in time."[break][break]

By, try as she might to want to swim, her legs are too cold and her fiery spirit wanes. Little does she know, shadows from above in the form of her most trusted Pokemon companions are on their way to save the day - and their lives. For now, however, they needed to fend off and survive the hoard.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Deep Dive [M/Stormy]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 15:05:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug glanced at Stormy, then back at the ship.

"Y- yeah, but-!" He said, peering down into the water, then back at the ship.

She was right, of course. But they couldn't even truly see the predators lurking underwater. And they stood a snowball's chance in hell of outswimming a Sharpedo. If even a single one slipped past their pokemon, they were fishfood.

But they didn't have any options.

He turned his gaze to the girl's Seismitoad.

"'fraid you still have left to do, bud!" He said, trying to push Stormy against the pokemon's back. "We'll begin swimming for the ship now! Kira, cover us!"

Grabbing onto the Seismitoad's uninjured arm as firmly as he could with one arm, the youth held out the other, his Dewpider getting the Memo quickly and beginning releasing jets of water to try and accelerate them towards the ship- hopefully with the Seismitoad's help.

The Golisopod swam to stand between the retreating group and the remaining Sharpedo's, her shell gaining a metallic sheen as she narrowed her eyes, before releasing cleaving waves at them with all six of her arms, furiously trying to keep them all at bay.