Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 0:01:56 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

This was not the first time that Dorian had to rescue someone from the clutches of an Abomasnow. Two years ago, ended up in the clutches of a trio of the creatures. Unfortunately, the rescue was complicated by the presence of , something Dorian barely got away from. And once again, Dorian found himself making his way towards an Abomasnow's layer. This time, he was on the back of Flaming Lizzy, his Charizard, instead of his Mamoswine, Pillowbutt Snowerson.

The former Beast was on the warpath. He wasn't going to allow his ally to be eaten by some Abomasnow. And just like the trio from before, Dorian was going to torch the beasts alive. And no meddling League personnel were going to get in his way this time! Not that Lucas could stop him that time.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 11:41:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Unaware that Dorian had also set out on the rescue mission, Gavin answers the call for help on the back of his silver Corviknight. They circle high above the Abomasnow's lair, which Gavin identifies by the snow that blooms around it, unnatural in the Hoennian climate.

The Rocket tenses as they spy another, expecting league interference, but Dorian cuts a familiar figure against the skies.

Corviknight lands, its talons leaving deep impressons in the snow, and Gavin tosses an Alcremie into the field. She bathes frosted entrance to the lair in mystical fire, melting ice and snow and offering a clear path to proceed.

"Didn't realize anyone else got the call." It's his only greeting to the Rocket admin as he takes the first few steps inside.

[break]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 16:11:20 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

In truth, Dorian was summoned to the area by way of a personal call. Earlier, the Mad Dog had gotten a call from one of his closest minions, Ogita. The man had been doing some personal business around Fortree City. When Dorian got the distress call from him, the Mad Dog raced over as fast as he could. He didn't know if Ogita was still alive, but he wasn't going to let one of his most loyal men die like this.

Much to Dorian's surprise, a familiar face had beaten him there. Gavin Merlino, once one of Rocket's eggheads, before ascending to the rank of Underboss recently, had melted the entrance free. "Good to see you, sir.", Dorian told the man respectfully, after getting off the back of his Charizard. He would recall the beast, swapping it for his Houndoom.

"To tell you the truth, I got a distress call from one of my men.", he'd tell the Underboss, clearly taking this seriously. He would pull out a balaclava belonging to Ogita, having the Houndoom sniff the thing to get the man's scent. After a moment, the Houndoom had already picked up a trail. "Bony Buddy can lead us to our missing Rockets, or at least what remains of them.", he'd tell Gavin, the last part filled with obvious dread. He hoped it didn't come to that.

tags:
notes: Going on the trail

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 18:02:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
What an interesting name.

Gavin doesn't comment on it aloud, offering a curt nod to show he understood the adapting situation. With the entryway cleared, the underboss swaps his sensitive Alcremie for a vicious Sandslash, instead. The creature of ice-and-steel was well-adapted to the frigid conditions of the lair, burrowing into the earth and following the Houndoom through the vibrations of its paws.

"If they're dead, I don't intend to stick around for retrieval." They're two of Rocket's best assets, not men to be risked on corpse recovery. "But if they're alive, I'm not leaving without them."

Some in Rocket saw their agents as disposable, but Gavin's rough exterior hid a softer heart.

"Do you know what we're dealing with?"

[break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 12:59:35 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Of course.", Dorian would tell his superior. Though if Ogita were dead, he planned on taking what he could, and hosting a funeral himself. Even if it had to be done on the down low, he wasn't just going to leave a man he considered a friend behind. At the very least, it was good to hear that Gavin wouldn't be leaving them behind, if they survived.

"Encountered something like this two years ago. The terraforming for the winter festivities brought some wild, hungry Abomasow out to the mountains. Ones who had a thing for abducting humans unlucky enough to be out on the routes, and making them their lunch.", he'd tell Gavin. "Had to rescue from a trio of them. The kidnapping also got the attention of a League boy, though we managed to lie our way out of being identified, or at least, connected.", he'd continue, as he took the time to examine the area.

"Though something doesn't feel right about this. This cave is lacking certain - signs of an Abomasnow's nest. Could be a trap.", he'd warn Gavin. From here, Dorian and Bony Buddy's steps would become slower, and more cautious.

tags:
notes: Setting the stage

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 19:32:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Our Wolfe, really?" He's sure would have hated being a damsel in distress. He makes a point to ask her about the encounter, later. "Fortunate you both made it out."

Gavin's eyes narrow as suggests a trap. He's not familiar enough with Abomasnow to recognize the tell-tale signs of a nest, but he trusts his fellow Rocket enough to take him at his word. As Sandslash bounds ahead, burrowing in and out of the cold earth, Gavin's fingers wrap around another capsule, just in case.

"You know anyone that might've set it?"
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 14:02:40 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Obviously, she's gonna want to put a bullet in my head for even talking about it. You know how she is.", he'd tell her, half-joking. But he knew, despite his attempts at bonding with the Kalosian assassin, Emma despised him. That he was the type of person that Emma hunted down in her past life. And if given the justification, she would certainly put him down.

"Take your pick, sir. How many Beedrill nests have we kicked in over our illustrious careers? Maybe my man was caught by sheer coincidence, but the fact that he was dragged off suggests that I might be the real target here.", he'd continue. "It's no secret that Rocket brass under Silas managed to escape justice. And out of all of them, who would miss the murderous pyromaniac with the huge burn scar on his face?", he'd ask Gavin rhetorically.

"You couldn't pay me enough money to remember all the people I've left bitter and vengeful in my wake.", he'd half-joke.

As they arrived, they'd find the two bleeding and unconscious on the ground. But rather than rushing in, Dorian and Bony Buddy would hold back for a moment. Dorian would bring out his Magmar and his Chandelure from their Pokeballs. "Smoochie Duckie, Spooky McGlowerson, keep an eye open for any trouble.", he'd tell the two Fire-types, as Bony Buddy began to approach the unconscious bodies of the two Rockets.

An Abomasnow began to charge out from deeper within the cave, raising up a Hammer Arm to attack the Houndoom. The loud, lumbering strides of the Ice-type gave it away to the Houndoom, who was able to leap back in time to avoid the attack, before spraying the Abomasnow down with a Flamethrower. The monstrous Pokemon let out a pitiful scream as it succumbed to the noxious flames of the hellhound, before collapsing to the ground in a pathetic wreck.

But before they could celebrate, something would come from deeper in the cave.

tags:
notes: Feel free to determine if it's a tribe of Abomasnow, or a vengeful Kanto trainer

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 4:27:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Better than you do, Gavin thinks, but keeps such thoughts of to himself. He knew how she felt about and he knew why.

Dorian himself brings up one of those reasons as they advance into the lair, the other Rocket's voice echoing. When they spot the bodies, Gavin halts in his tracks. Blood, eyes closed — the underboss assumes them dead until one draws a shuddering breath. The ground shudders as if in response, and an Abomasnow comes charging from the gloom.

Houndoom takes care of it, but—

BANG!

—a gunshot cracks through the cavern in the beat of calm after Abomasnow crumbles. Gavin leaps for cover behind the bulky Pokemon's motionless frame, heart rate picking up with the action. Another shot rings out as the man with the gun attempts to hit Dorian in the chaos.

"Friend of yours?" Gavin drawls, sarcastic, as he peeks and fires. The bullet misses as the vengeful ex-Rocket dives behind cover of his own. A chunk of snow and ice rains down from the wall where the projectile had hit. "Sandslash, hail."

A terrible, frigid gale sweeps through the space as the shadow Pokemon heeds the command.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 22:56:23 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Any sort of celebration would be dashed by the sound of gunfire. Dorian looked down towards the source, spotting the shadowy silhouette of the gunman. The second gunshot would prompt Dorian to dive behind the corpse of the Abomasnow, narrowly dodging the bullet intended for him.

"Don't think so.", Dorian replied.

As the gunman dives behind his own cover, he sends out another Pokemon, a Weavile. Under the cover of Hail, the Weavile attempts to rush towards Gavin and Dorian. The target of the creature was not the Underboss, but the scarred Admin.

"Traitors!", the stranger shouted, providing covering fire for the Weavile. Though killing Merlino was a bonus, his main target was Dorian, the man who murdered Bom-B, his boss. "This is for Bom-B!", the man shouted in between gunshots.

The Weavile would leap over the Abomasnow, attempting to plunge down on Dorian. Bony Buddy, hearing the Ice-type coming, barked to alert the humans of the attack. Dorian quickly rolled over, attempting to get out of the path of the Weavile. The Houndoom charged towards the Weavile, attempting to bite down on the Ice-type with Fire Fang.

The Chandelure would float down towards the gunman, bullets phasing through his ethereal form.

"You're still loyal to Bom-B, and you call US the traitors!? Silas died, new leadership took charge. Bom-B was a fool for not realizing that, and you're a fool for following him to the grave!", Dorian called out down the cave. "When you get to the other side, tell Bom-B I send my regards!", Dorian called out.

The Chandelure would fire off a Flame Burst towards the rogue Rocket.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
By the Fire (EE)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 11:19:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Really?" Though Gavin's expression was mostly obscured by a flurry of hail and snow, cutting exasperation edges his tone. "You're with that idiot?"

It felt like a lifetime ago that he'd teamed up with Wendy and a couple League officials to derail a doomed train... but not so long ago that he'd forgotten the grudge he now held against the perpetrators. It had been one of the first missions where he'd gone to bat for Rocket, new Rocket, and potentially one of the things that had gotten him noticed. Bittersweet.

"No point in arguing with him, he's clearly a fucking moron."

Using the hail as cover, Sandslash rushes through the slush and snow to cut off any avenue of escape.