Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 16:00:58 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Insatiable Invasion
Pacifidlog Town | Mission

THEME

"Go on! Git outta here ya marine menace!"
shouted the old woman as she jabbed at the Mareanie with her wooden paddle. 
The poisonous pokemon seemed unfazed by the assault, and moved out of reach to chew on another section of coral.

"Hey! You git back here!" she called after the retreating form. "Git back here and then git outta here!"

Zac floated up on the back of his Tentacruel and watched the back and forth for a moment. They were at the Eastern edge of Pacifidlog, but even for the outskirts of a floating town it seemed a bit less...bouyant than usual. Mareanie were in abundance here, crawling and feasting on the Corsola that formed the basis of the city. 

"What's goin' on?" Zac asked, and the old woman's eyes narrowed.
    "Whatever you're sellin I ain't buyin!" she proclaimed loudly, pointing her paddle at him.
    "Hey! Whoa! I ain't here to cause trouble ma'am." Zac said, putting on his most respectful expression. "My friend and I were just floating by and we heard a commotion. If it's a pokemon problem, maybe we can help?"
The old woman scoffed. "Doubt it."

"I am a ranger." Zac said, with more than a dab of pride. "So whatever the issue-"
    "Pass." she said, sticking her paddle back into the crystal waters and prying a Mareanie off the coral shelf, the movement setting her raft-house rocking violently. One corner of it was already dipping under the surface of water. "Ha! Gotcha."

"We can definitely you help, ma'am."
"Oh yeah? Well all you've done so far is gab!" she shot back.

Zac set his jaw. We're gonna help this woman if it bloody kills me.

NOTES:
TAG: @marco

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 1:14:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Marco rolled his eyes at the stranger. Just...how did he get stuck on this tentacruel with the giant from the desert. The annoyance on his face was clear even more so when the old hag argued with the man. “jeez lady just accept the help or croak already,” he stated, “Beggers can’t be choosers,” he stated back, releasing his pokemon onto the deck, the Alolan Sandslash stretched it’s arms and let its spikes crack as it’s stretched. “You know Zac,” he muttered to himself. “you waste your time trying to convince old people to accept help and change.”

He knew from personal experience considering Agate was mainly older people. “They need to be shown results,” stating with a cold demeanor. His swim trunks looked more like sweet pants as he caused the mareanie who shooed to nom on some coral. “Just like this,” he pointed his fingers like guns, “Fire,” the alolan sandslash pulled a piece of ice from it’s back, aimed and threw it like a magical ice javelin. Smacking the mareanie out cold. “just like that.” he paused...looking at the red head.

“Did you know introducing pokemon from other regions is dangerous. Mareanie are eating the coral here, because in Alola there’s lots but here in Hoenn there is a limited supply and they are endangering the corsola here. Sad really,”

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 2:01:08 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Insatiable Invasion

THEME

Zac cringed at his partner's bluntness. "Come on mate, she's just stressed about the damage to her town," he said, trying to get Marco to lay off. But then he his Pokemon started clearing the pests, and he started to talk about Pokemon conservation, and Zac remembered why he was friends with this guy.
    He's smart and capable, despite his...rougher appearance, Zac thought.
    "And she worse reality of the situation," Zac added "is that if they wipe out all the Corsola then they will probably just end up starving if they can't find a new food source."
    Zac sent out his Clawitzer, who darted around underwater, blasting the marine pests with concussive jets of water that sent them floating to the surface.  
    "This isn't working Marco," Zac said after a few minutes of cleanup. The water was filled with unconscious or disoriented Mareanie, but their numbers seemed never ending. "We're going to need to either clear out all the Mareanie, or set up some permanent protection for Pacifidlog." 

NOTES:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 16:07:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Marco watched as the bodies floated, even though they weren't really dead, they were more fainted then anything. Not like MArco would GO out of his way to slaughter one, after all that wasn't the point of his research. The point was to find a way to bring Orre's.....sad looking deserts back to life rather then making it home for crime to thrive. At the same time....one pokemon didn't matter, one death could change everything, but only if that pokemon or person mattered to the majority. The downside right now as that he had no water type pokemon to deal with the situation underwater.

"Trust me. The old people here are part of the problem," he stated and scowled more, "Making a town on top of water is so foolish. It's a place where humans don't belong. There's a reason why so many myth exist that make the sea a terrifying place." walked up to the sandslash he sighed thinking to himself as he rubbed their spikes. "I'm sure if there was no corsola they would move on to something similar. Even then it's still not good. Especially if they start evolving," pausing again, he rubbed his pokemon's head.

"Blocking them off at the sea is impossible. Their poison typing will allow them to just rip through the nets like their chew toys, and would also effect the fishing industry, as well as the ecosystem here. The only way we could truly solve this problem is if we introduce a pokemon that preys on Mareanie but I can't think of any off the top of my head."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 9:57:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Insatiable Invasion

THEME

Zac was impressed by Marco's knowledge of the ecosystem, especially of the human impact. Pays to bring along an expert, He thought to himself.
    "Okay, so a predator? There are a few things that prey on your regular sea stars. Krabby, Kingler, Octilery, even Mantine, but the problem with this foreign species is that there isn't anything native that can fight off that venom!" Zac scratched his head, thinking about what would be able to fight off the threat. "What about marine steel types? An Empoleon would be perfect, wouldn't it?" Zac suggested, though he himself didn't have one.
   Zac thought through his options. "Good against poison, not impacted by it, can swim. Ah! I've got it!" he said, and he rushed off across the unstable walkways, heading for the Pokemon Centre. "I didn't bring it with me though so we have to make a quick stop. Hope that's okay, mate."

As he ran for the Pokemon Centre, one of the walkways collapsed under his feet, throwing Zac into the waters, and right into a group of Mareanie!

NOTES:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 20:34:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Yes he was smart but apparently the general populous didn't view him that way, but that's okay. Marco wasn't looking for acknowledgement from his peers just for them to kiss his shoes, but whatever! The white haired man nodded, "That could....work it'll just have to be monitored by other people to make sure nothing happens." The man stated as he turned to see the hulk sink into the sea, "God fucking damn it," he looked around glancing down at the tentacruel. "Get in there!" he ordered the other trainers pokemon because he didn't have any that would be able to help.[break][break]

The tentacles wrapped around some of the marieanie just long enough for the man to reach in and try and pull the giant out of the water. "Fucking christ your heavy. I'm from the desert not the sea, my white ass don't know how to swim," sad admitence.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Insatiable Invasion [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 10:27:26 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Insatiable Invasion

THEME

Zac and Marco walked into the Pokemon Centre, trailing water all the way to the PC. "Thanks again for the save," Zac said, towelling off. "This place really is falling apart."
    He withdrew two Pokemon from the computer, and they headed back outside. Zac held up the balls and turned to Marco. "I have a two pronged approach. I saw plenty of Mareanie out there but no Toxapex." He indicated one of the balls. "Got one right here. If I introduce this guy into the ecosystem, giving those nasty buggers a leader to follow. With a figurehead, it might let us drive them off more easily."
    Zac threw out the Pokeball, called out a few commands, and his Toxapex crawled off to the Mareanie colony.
    He held up the second pokeball. "And here is a Metagross. The perfect predator. Psychic, so it smashes those poisonous pricks, and Steel so they have 0 effect against it. Certainly not a natural predator by any means, but an effective one, don't ya think?"
    With the explanation finished, Zac threw out Metagross. It dropped straight down into the clear waters and set to work slamming and blasting the Mareanie. Zac sighed. 
    "Well you're the expert Marco. What do ya think? Is this gonna work?"

NOTES: