awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 12:58:26 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
The tides were high today. White, foamy waves rolled over the beach and the sound of laughing children and scattered conversation filled the air. The blazing light in the sky cast warm rays across the beach visitor's, some clad in protective skin wear and others in scanty bikinis that left very little to the imagination. Lain upon a sky blue towel with fluffy white clouds, away from the busy section of beach, was one such scantily-clad individual. Caroline gazed up at the underside of her sun umbrella with a pair of large sun glasses perched upon her face. Daisy, her Rapidash, had no desire to be near the beach, but Echo, her Lycanroc, was more than keen to sun bathe beneath the Sun's gaze. As such, she was sprawled out beside the trainer with relaxed features.

While Caroline could often be seen as a workaholic, she understood the importance of relaxing times with her Pokemon and always ensured that she scheduled time for each of them to do something they enjoyed. It wasn't difficult for either of them. Daisy enjoyed open fields within which Caroline could ride and jump her. Echo enjoyed the beach and sunbathing. Caroline enjoyed both.

"Alright, I'm going off, Echo." After a long moment of relaxing under the Sun, Caroline was ready to return to the ocean's waves. "You can come join me whenever you want." Echo didn't like the water much, but she would sometimes wad around in the shallower sections of beach and sniff out interesting things beneath the sand.

Leaving Echo behind, Caroline moved to the ocean, letting the warm waves wash away sand from her feet as she gazed down the shoreline at the busier sections along the beach. She'd picked this spot, in particular, because of the rockier shore and, in turn, the fewer people frequenting the sandy area. Socializing was fun, but lonely relaxation was just as good on a hot day like this.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 14:03:43 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"Oh, my! I wouldn't go in there if I were you!"

The voice seemed to come from nowhere. No one from either end of the beach had approached Caroline's sunbathing spot. Then a tall silhouette appeared against the shimmering sunlight; not from the land, but from the water. A Lapras was rounding the rocky spit.

"My Lapras has cut himself on the rocks, you see," came the voice again, calm and indolent. "I'm afraid there's quite a lot of blood in the water. Now, just imagine swimming through that!" Flippers sculling, Lapras slowly turned to reveal its profile.

A young woman in a white sundress was sitting there on the creature's shell, her knees tucked up close to her body. Her chin rested on the back of one hand, bright eyes fixed on Caroline. "It's a little macabre, isn't it? Blood in your hair, blood in your swimsuit... and just wait until the sharks come." 

She leaned forward, the Lapras drifting closer to the rocky shoreline. White-capped waves washed against him, leaving layers of foam like feather outlines against the gray shell. "Unless... you've already been swimming. You haven't, have you? Ness has been bleeding for... quite... a long... time."

There was an ominous pause and then the girl laughed suddenly, a high, bright sound. "I'm only kidding. But you know, if you did... they'd come for you." She was suddenly serious again, bobbing there on her water Pokemon like a moored rowboat. She rested her chin in her hand again. "I wonder what will happen..." 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 4:32:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUCKLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BIG PECKS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AERIAL ACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BRAVE BIRD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMFEY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TRIAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY ROUGH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRASS KNOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLOWER SHIELD

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 10:24:03 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Blissfully unaware of the dramatic performance, a young Ducklett waddles towards the sleeping Lycanroc and tilts her beak out inquisitively. Echo opens one eye in a drowsy sleep and swipes out a claw in bothered annoyance. In Caroline's brief glance back at her Pokemon, she sees the startled Ducklett and tosses a well-aimed Pokeball towards it (where did she pull that from?). Then, her attention is immediately back on the stream of dramatics coming from the Lapras-mounted girl.

Caroline doesn't move, more from shocked disbelief than fear, though her eyes do drop to the ocean waves that lap over her feet. Blood in her hair. Been there. Done that. Blood in her swimsuit. Well, that one was a little new. Oh, and sharks coming for her? Talk about some morbid future expectations.

The Lapras floated closer as the theatrical comments continued, painting a vivid image of a rather 'macabre' future in store for her. However, Caroline still does not move. Instead, as the girl begins to laugh, then turn serious once more, Caroline began to... 

Laugh.

The kind of laugh that reached into your stomach and pulled tight the strings of her heart. Caroline doubled over with her hands on her knees as she attempted to contain the uncontrollable laughter and tears that sprang into her eyes and threatened to overspill down her cheeks. Her face blushed red as the laughter stole her breath away and Lycanroc sat up with a worried look painted over her features.

Finally, Caroline let out a breathy, "What the hell was that?" as she placed a hand on her chest to calm herself. She stood up, but looking at this woman dressed in a white sun dress just brought forth more laughter. "Is this some kind of prank show? You got a camera hooked up somewhere around here?" Her eyes scanned the beach, although only a small fraction of her mind sincerely believed there were cameras sat watching the interaction.

"What are you? A drama student? Or is this 'macabre' stuff just kind of your thing? Why would a shark even come for me when you're mounted up on something a million times more tasty than this skinny flesh I've got? I think you might have a little more to worry about than I've got. Oh." The laughter was finally subsiding, allowing Caroline to straighten up and stretch out her back. "What in the world? Ha."

attempt to catch DUCKLETT here
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 12:44:18 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

There was a startled moment when Caroline began to laugh, and then Chryssa joined in, occasionally pausing to see if the other was done yet before continuing on. The Lapras churred along as well. The laughter went on much longer than Chryssa felt the situation warranted for, but that was why she carried throat lozenges.

Finally, the hilarity petered out.

Chryssa pretended to wipe a tear, smiling. "Future Sight, Ness."

It was probably nothing.

"Oh, all of the above," she continued modestly as if nothing had happened, reaching up to adjust the ring of native wildflowers currently settling on her head like a floral halo. "Oh look, a Comfey! Drawn to the smell of blood, like I said." She adjusted the flower crown absentmindedly, eyes flicking back to the girl on shore. "How do I look? And I suppose that's true about the sharks. Will you be the one swimming out to save me, then?"

She finished adjusting the Comfey. "I probably was kidding about the blood. I was just trying to get you out of your swimsuit." Her tone was innocent. "But I see you're committed to remaining fully dressed. A pity."

<Prrrr!>

"Ness agrees."

befriending comfey!

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 13:56:11 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Although the laughing had subsided and Caroline had regained her composure, the smile of amusement remained upon her lips. "Future sight, huh? Can it tell me when I'll get a boyfriend? She laughed again, but this one did not last.

Her eyes were then drawn to the sudden Comfrey nesting on the girl's head. "Oh it suits that sexy summer girl outfit you've got going on." Caroline hummed, a hand twirling through the locks of her hair. "Of course, I couldn't possibly leave a damsel in distress out in these dangerous water. Although I'm not sure how much help I could possibly be in a shark's home turf." Caroline flexed one arm, displaying an arm of muscles. Then, she glanced at it and her gaze fell back to Chryssa with a smirk.

"Or maybe I could." Another laugh.

"Probably kidding, huh?" This girl certainly was more entertaining than any television program Caroline had ever seen. "I mean, if you wanted me out of this swimsuit, you could have just -" She tugged at the strap of her solid red bikini top, letting it slap back against her skin. "- asked nicely."

Again, she couldn't help but laugh. She felt like she'd been thrust into some kind of over-sexualized drama. "Just kidding. Although... if we are serious, don't you think we should actually do some introductions first? How is it that I've learned your Lapras' name before yours?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 3:38:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKRELP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLURPUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWEET VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY ROUGH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON GUARD

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 14:36:55 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Her lips tugged upwards, eyes widening. "Oh my," she said coyly. Her posture shifted subtly as she leaned back against the Lapras's shell, bare feet now hanging down as if to brush the water. "No stranger to skinny dipping?  What am I going to do with you?"

She uncoiled further, lounging on her Pokemon's back with her Comfey-adorned head propped up in one hand. "I wonder... what?!" Behind her, Ness was spitting something up he'd apparently almost swallowed, ruining her sensual posturing. It looked like a Skrelp. For god's sake. "Give it here." Chryssa opened a Pokeball and held it out like a barf bag for the Lapras to spit the wad of kelp into. "Please stop eating things you find."

Where was she again?

Ah, yes. Languidly posing. Chryssa dropped back into it. "If I started drowning, would you actually come save me?" She had been thinking it would be an exciting scenario. Skin, action, attractive women. Lots of potential, ruling out the possibility of failure and watery death. I wonder what drowning would be like.

But she did love playing the damsel in distress.

There were other roles she could take on just as well, however. How long had it been, again? "Introductions are boring," Chryssa said dismissively, sitting up. "Unless you do them... with style." 

There was a pause. If she'd intended to demonstrate this so-called "stylish introduction," there was no sign of it. Chryssa checked her watch (but she had no watch, so she checked her bare wrist) and sighed. "Anyway, I'll introduce myself later. There's a Slurpuff in your beach bag." Betrayed, the plump white Pokemon flopped back out onto the sand and began to jiggle away.

catching skrelp!

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 4:24:01 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
"It's just a little bit of skin," Caroline flashed a flirty smile, finger twirling a dangling strand of loose hair. A chuckle following on the tail end of her words. Their conversation halted momentarily as Ness began spitting and sputtering around the green tendrils of something brown. A Skrelp, or something of the like, was wiggling it's little tail trying to escape.

Once that moment had passed, their conversation picked up from it's prior end. "Of course." Caroline winked, "With these skills, I may even be able to pull your Lapras to safety if the need should arise." Probably not, but the good intention was still there.

Finally, Caroline anticipated learning the girl's name, but Chryssa's words came to an abrupt stop. She glanced at her watch. She wasn't even wearing a watch. "Well..." Caroline interjected to fill the sudden silence, "I expect I don't have the kind of style you're used to, writing my name in the sand is really all I could do, but come on - that's so tacky. Mine's Caroline Foster. Caroline. That's it."

And then she was being enlightened of the Slurpuff digging through her bag and Caroline turned around in surprise. "Echo!" Fast asleep. Caroline scrambled after the creature making an abrupt retreat with a wrapped granola bar. It was fast, but Caroline was faster. She grabbed it on both side's and wrestled the food from the Slurpuff. "This isn't good for you," She scolded and reached out an arm to pull a pokeblock from her beach bag. "You'll like this much more." The Slurpuff took a bite graciously.

befriending slurpuff
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2020 4:47:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLOYSTER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE SPEAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIFE DEW

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CARVANHA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROUGH SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCARY FACE

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 4:17:55 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"Thank you for waiting!" Chryssa announced suddenly. If Caroline turned to look at her she would see the girl had both arms upraised, palms pointed towards the sky. A telltale shimmer had begun in the air high above her "Well met, Caroline Foster. I'll introduce myself now." Her eyes gleamed. "Are you ready?"

She cupped her hands around her mouth, inflating her lungs.

"I am-- Chryssa Glasgow!"

Future Sight hit the water behind her, and the sea exploded.

Anticipating his own attack, Ness turned to ride the wave that surged from the psychic impact, cresting the leading edge. Nearby water Pokemon were thrown high by the blast as the duo surfed forward on the tide, the waves depositing them roughly on the beach before retreating just as violently.

"AH-HAH-HAH!" Chryssa laughed, holding on for dear life.

In a shower of water droplets and seaweed, Carvanha rained back down from the sky. Several of them splatted on shore near Caroline, laying stunned for a moment with their glassy eyes rolling before they began to flip and wiggle down the sand.

"Oh, so there were some!" Chryssa said, looking around at the gaping fish. I suppose they weren't going to attack a full-grown Lapras in such few numbers. Maybe a fully-evolved Sharpedo would have taken the chance, but Carvanha preferred larger packs. "I suppose we should be getting out of the water then."

Despite this statement, the girl made no effort to slide down from her Pokemon's shell. She continued to perch there on the now-beached Lapras, pausing only to toss a Pokeball at a stunned and unconscious Cloyster washing up in the shallows behind her.

"That was a larger one than normal, Ness. Have you been practicing?"

<Prrrp!>

catching cloyster!

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 7:02:27 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
Now that Slurpuff was calmed and enjoying the Pokeblock, Caroline let her attention be drawn back to Chryssa's sudden announcement. "Ooooh?!" Her face lit up with a beam of excitement and a bright glow filled her eyes. She braced herself with eagerness for the dramatic display of introduction. Even Echo lifted her head and stared with fascination as a shimmer rose into the air above Chryssa.

Then came the big finale. I am-- Chryssa Glasgow came the declaration backed by an explosion of the ocean. The waves rocked and rolled, riden by Lapras, and splashing Pokemon high into the air. Their flippers and bodies flailing in a futile attempt to return to the ocean. Caroline clapped loudly followed by a gasp as one of the Carvanha crashed to the beach a mere foot in front of her. Echo, surprised by the sudden commotion, scrambled to all fours and bristled her fur. She headbutted another Carvanha that was falling towards her and it bumped and rolled back to the ocean.

"Hahahaha," Caroline let out a loud laugh. "Holy crap, that was amazing. Are you some kind of drama actor? Maybe an idol? Hold up, maybe a professional Contest Participant?" She poked the Carvanha by her foot and rolled it back to the ocean. The Slurpuff left beside Echo to eat more Pokeblocks. Caroline took a step back as the Carvanha snapped at her foot and she gave it a rougher shove into the ocean. "Relax, I'm just helping you." It swam away. "Maybe I really should be getting into the water to save you, I mean, you know, I would come in there and rescue you, but that big Lapras of you seems a little safer than these arms." She flexed and rubbed the bulging muscle. "You could come on over and touch them if you want."

skipping
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 5:04:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SPRITZEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEALER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MISTY TERRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHIC

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STARMIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SURF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LIGHT SCREEN

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]CHRYSSA CAUGHT CLOYSTER!

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 13:19:11 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Finally, she was getting some recognition! The applause was a welcome touch. “Yes, actually!” Chryssa said, pleased to be recognized. She adjusted her Comfey flower crown. “I am a regular in local Pokemon Contests, though I wouldn’t call myself a professional yet. Have you ever tried?” 

The seat beneath her hitched as Ness dug his flippers into the sand, inching farther up the beach away from the few Carvanha left snapping dazedly in the shallows. There were still water Pokemon washing up on the beach after the explosion, and Chryssa had to turn almost completely around to get a good shot with a Pokeball at a Starmie which was laying on its back with its red light blinking. 

Continued mention of arm-muscle-touching caught her attention again and the girl glanced over her shoulder. “Why, are they fake?” she asked innocently. 

She considered. Caroline had withstood her bit, the least Chryssa could do in return was play into the other girl’s. And she was curious. It also (somehow) seemed like a challenge. 

She carefully scooted to the edge of Ness’s shell, positioned her bare feet over the sand, and slid off. She smoothed down her sundress, collecting the two Pokeballs she’d thrown so far.

Then with small, wobbling steps, she crossed the distance between herself and Caroline, leaving footprints in the wet sand. 

”Well, I’m here,” she said lightly, eyes bright. Her tone dropped ominously. “I do love a captive audience. But a willing one...”

Deciding (spontaneously) to challenge Caroline’s commitment to the bit, she snaked out with soft, light fingers, intent on testing the swimsuit-clad woman’s impressive biceps. 

catching starmie!

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
ocean's tides [dw/open]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 1:57:08 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
"I tried a little here and there, but it wasn't quite my cup of tea." Certainly, Caroline was no stranger to Pokemon Contests. Before joining the League and focusing her mind on rehabilitating and protecting Hoenn's nature, she'd dabbled here or there in Contests. However, she'd never seen anything quite like Chryssa's stunning spectacle. "I have zero doubts that you could be a professional if you wanted to, Chryssa. Maybe I'll even be in the crowd cheering you on!" Her face beamed with excitement. There was nothing more exciting than watching trainer and Pokemon perform in harmony.

Caroline took a step back as the Lapras dragged his body onto the safety of the beach and away from the snapping Carvanha. Of course, Caroline couldn't blame them for their irritability. They had, after all, just had their peaceful afternoon completely disrupted by a massive wave. A Spritzee had approached the commotion of frenzied Pokemon with keen interest, but let out a screech when one of the Carvanha leaped from the ocean and tore into her feet. She somersaulted through the air, directly into Caroline's arms. What a poor thing. Echo approached and took the startled Spritzee in her jaws. They'd care for it later.

"Oh no, these ole things ain't fake." Caroline smirked, hands now free and running a hand along the flexed muscles, "just a little by product of my work on the farms. Something to show off to the boys, you know." Then, she added. "And the girls."

Finally, girl and girl stood on glistening sand, it's reflection of sunny warmth curling around their toes. The crooked smile on her face kept it's place as Chryssa approached and stretched out dainty fingers to her biceps. Caroline flexed her arms harder as they wrapped around the muscles of her arm. "Well, how do you think? I put a lot of work into these babies." She placed her own hand atop Chryssa's, feeling the soft and uncalloused touch of skin. A contrast to her own, hardened, hands.

catching Spritzee