Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 3:01:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug tilted his head to the side.

He got what he asked for, but he had a hard time discerning what was objective and what was Andy's anger speaking.

Still, he had gained a newfound respect for the other youth; he was much more of a soldier and war veteran than he was- it was a pity it seemed the upper brass refused to acknowledge it.

... But that aside.

He grinned at Andy, leaning forward as his elbow came onto his knee, his chin resting atop his palm.

"I'm a true believer of the league's incompetence." He said, making a show of looking side to side with his eyes to the scenery surrounding them before winking at Andy. "But I've seen enough of Silph to know he ain't that easy to rile up."

His grin grew wide, the youth waggling his eye brows.

"Come on, be as candid as ya like. What did ya really say to the richest man alive, ya nutter?" He didn't really know Andy, but he liked to think he was a pretty judge of character.

And something had told him from the moment he met the shorter youth that he was not one to keep his tongue in check.

That was fine, he preferred honest people.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 0:09:43 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
Well, at least he wouldn't have to do too much convincing when it came to the League's shortfalls. Then again, Andy hadn't really gotten an argument from anyone when he shared his thoughts about the organization. That gave the boy some promise that his discontent had merit. Despite his little tirade, Doug's curiosity was still unsated.
[break][break]
''He asked me if I knew why he called me there.'' Crossing his arms over his lap, he continued. ''I made a joke and said that it was because I got caught jaywalking. Then he gets all pissy and says I'll need to be detained. So I shit on him, the wanker.'' All of his griping was beginning to draw some eyes from the other dinner attendees.
[break][break]
''I told him he had his head up his ass, that he had growlithe shit for brains, and that he was a power absuing, bourgeoisie bureaucrat that couldn't do anything without money.'' His brown orbs shifted back to the dark haired boy to see how much he was judging him thus far. ''If he was going to throw me in a cell anyway, I was bloody well going to deserve it.''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 23:48:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

It was hard to tell if the youth was judging, what with him being draped over the wooden bench, wheezing in laughter, his hands clapping by the end of Andy's story.

"Oh, ya 'earned' it awright!" He said before breaking into more laughter, leaning back while seating until he was laying on the grass. "Ya don't do anything halfway, do ya?"

It took him a moment, but he finally seemed to calm himself enough to sit back up, sighing in delight.

"'sprised the man didn't burst a blood vessel with that!" Specially given the general stress a day in Silph's life generally incurred, never mind having someone with Andy's level of sass discharge the full might of his rage upon him. "But still... sending a kid to the slammer over an insult or several?"

The youth scratched at his chin, brows furrowing together just slightly.

"Excessive. And abusive, too. Guess you can't judget a book by its cover." He said. "You haven't been able to report this to anyone?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 22:56:58 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Hell no,'' came the answer to the boy's query carried on a huff. At least the other teen wasn't too haughty about it. He found it funny even. That probably meant that they were about on the same level of maturity. Probably. Even better, Doug seemed to find the punitive measures a tad extreme, just like any other 'fair' minded soul.
[break][break]
''I talked to the Galarian ambassador at first. He was the one who bailed me out.'' The fact that the selfsame man also happened to be the crown prince was excluded as he assumed his native friend didn't know Galarian royalty from Adam. ''I went back in there. After plenty of cursing I got to speak to the commissioner herself.'' With a small shrug he glanced away.
[break][break]
''I guess you could say we came to an agreement, but it was a pretty weak one. She seemed hesitant to reign Silph in at all. Really makes you wonder if he's dumping too much money into the League to be fucked with. Or maybe he's even lining her pockets.'' Looking back to his date, he liked how attentive Doug was.
[break][break]
It made him feel like his inclinations mattered.
[break][break]
''So what did they tell you guys after you lost your homes? Tough luck?'' Andy wouldn't have put it past the League. At least they hadn't given them any grief about their little refugee village. Typically governments didn't like such eyesores in their capital cities. Another curiosity was how long it would take the older boy to be housed again.
[break][break]
Had the League even started?

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:32:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug blinked curiously, tilting his head. The Galarian Ambassador himself had come get Andy? He hadn't known Andy was such a high profile character. Then again, given what he was wearing, perhaps he shouldn't be surprised.

Doug scratched at his chin.

"Guessin' that didn't go nowhere." He said, feeling sorry for the youth.

"Ambassadors don't have much power outside of their embassies, right?" He said, remembering material he had been made to read as part of the League.

They were to be treated with maximum respect however, given the pivotal role they played in overseas relations> Probably helped the man get a galarian child wrongfully imprisoned out of the slammer.

Now the commissioner, though? That one was an unexpected one.

"Ya met Commissioner ?" Said Doug, brows flying high. He hadn't seen much of the woman since he first joined. He vaguely remembered her being present for his and many other soldiers' inaugurations, but that was it. The youth scratched at his chin, Andy's thoughts not completely out there to him.

"I don't think the commissioner would do that... but given how Hoenn's doing at the moment, Silph's definitely too important to give more than a slap on the wrist." Monopolies were hard to deal with.

He was willing to engage farther into this direction, but Andy finally took his turn to ask the questions, and the first one wasn't a fun one.

The black haired youth reached over to tip down his hat, shrugging his shoulders at the other boy.

"'We are currently doing everything we can to restore everyone's livehood to its former state. Please have faith in the League, yadayada." The youth said in an uncharacteristically proper, almost posh pronunciation, snorting shortly after. "If we are to believe 'em, they'll get back to our problems some day."

That day had yet to arrive.

"I understand that shit's going sideways everywhere and new buildings don't exactly grow off the ground, but they could've at least done more than hand out free tents."

Oh yeah. This unsightly tent city? It was working as intended.

"Could've used some public wash houses."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 23:15:34 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

'We'll get back to you.' What a government line, the definition of an empty promise. It was moments like these when Andy pitied people like . Double talk, empty words, if only people had the gall to operate honestly and justly. There was only a huff of frustration at the surveillance of the whole sorry situation however.
[break][break]
It was something else when even he was too frustrated to speak.
[break][break]
''Public wash houses?'' Of course he knew what they were, any perhaps the request was merely the bare minimum that Doug would have liked. The boy recalled they were more common in other cultures, but Galar was far too prudish a region for such a shared intimate state. The need for privacy was not seen as prudish by him however.
[break][break]
''You really would wash your butt in front of a bunch of slobby old dudes?'' A smirk crawled onto the youth's face at the thought among others. ''This is why you need to just crash at my camp. The water closet is completely private.'' He shrugged, for probably the millionth time. ''Might be a smidge cramped, but at least you don't got to worry about someone seeing you take a shit.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 19:38:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Oh?" Uttered Doug, leaning back onto the log with a flirtatious smile.

Andy might have felt then that he had made a mistake.

Or tripped into the right answer.

"Ya rather I wash it n'front o'ya then, I take it?"

A bell was suddenly rang near them, drawing their attention back towards the bonfire, in front of which one of the many ladies stood, handbell in hand.

"Food's ready, boys!" She said, rather, shouted cheerily to the crowd, drawing a cheerful roar from the large group that shook the camp.

Doug had joined into the cheer, raising an arm in the end, a wide grin on his lips as he raised his voice as well.

"Waiting's over! Now ya get a taste o' the hearty life, shortstuff." Said Doug as he planted both hands on his thighs before standing up, stretching his arms above his head with a grunt as he curled back his spine.

Finally, his arms fell to his sides, before he grinned down at Andy.

"Shall we?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 21:46:25 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''You do know what private means, aye?'' The blush was obvious and the frown was forced. Flirting, much as manners, was not his forte. Thankfully, he would be literally saved by the bell. The meal was ready, for which there was much fanfare. Andy did not join in on the shouting, and even looked around a little dumbfounded.
[break][break]
Doug stood, and pushing himself up from the log, he joined him. How had he memed his way into eating a community stew in a camp of poor refugees for a date and it work out so well? Or at least the youth assumed it was. Weren't you supposed to be propositioned on a date? Either way, he figured it was probably a good sign.
[break][break]
''Let's.'' The red tinge still hadn't disappeared from his face, but he was trying to distract himself from the implications, lest his reaction become even more obvious. ''Do we form up in a queue or what?'' That's what he guessed, so that some manner of order could be maintained. But who knew how the people of Hoenn did it.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:05:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug took Andy's blushing as a victory. He didn't know about propositions or anything of the sort- he saw first dates more as gauges for compatibility than anything else.

Nodding at Andy's words, Doug gestured with his neck towards many children and teenagers lining up on the other side of the bonfire, before clapping the other's back gently.

"Sure do- and luckily for us, kids go first!" Said Doug before he lightly jogged ahead towards the line, not too keen on letting it get too big. Even the number of children was pretty big in the camp.

"Come'ere!" He said, gesturing for Andy to get closer.

Now actually surrounded by them, the attention from the other children, some which Andy may or may not have remember running around earlier, fell squarely upon Doug's date.

"It's rude to just stare, fellas." He said, crossing his arms while smiling boyishly, looking amused. He looked at Andy. "How 'bout ya introduce yerself to the peanut gallery? Don't worry, They are all bite. Ain't a single soul clever 'nuff for bark 'round here."

A few of the boys pouted at that, narrowing their eyes good naturedly.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:27:10 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The older teen didn't waste any time running off after his answer. Andy probably looked like a fool standing there for a moment before his date coaxed him over. While he didn't jog, his pace was brisk enough to be acceptable. Once in proximity again, a good portion of the rest of the youngsters in the line were giving the two the hairy eyeball.
[break][break]
While the Galarian was just a few milliseconds away from running off at the mouth at the lot of them, Doug stepped in. Perhaps it was coincidence, or perhaps he could already read the younger trainer well enough to see it coming. Although his date did jibe at the lot of the children with the promise that none were clever enough to match him.
[break][break]
''Very flattering,'' he said through a knowing smile. Any one of the kids could have had potential though. He had been a child once he still was. ''I'm Andy Blackadder. From Galar. If you can't tell by my accent.'' For a moment he considered using his full name to seem like he was more important than he was.
[break][break]
But even self aggrandizement wasn't enough for him to dust that off.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:51:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Do all Galarians dress like that?" Asked one of the smaller boys with all the grace of a brick to the face, blinking at Andy.

Doug smirked at that, crossing his arms.

"I like to think I'm just that special." Said Doug with a wink, drawing a confused look from the youth. What did the bigger youth had to do with anything?

His genius wit flying entirely over the head of half his audience and drawing snorts from the other, Doug sniffed at them all, before turning his gaze to Andy.

"See what I say? No bark at all." He said before raising a finger and rolling it in the air. "Now, eyes to the front, ladies and gents. Yer holdin' the line. Y'all not hungry or something?"

That seemed to be enough to remind them of just why they were there to begin with. The line began to advance quickly, and soon enough, they were within old lady range.

"Dougie!" Said a large, matronly woman, staring at the pair with a smile as she served a bowl to one of the kids ahead of them. "You and your friend are the talk of town!"

Doug laughed at that, glancing at the watch on his wrist before tilting a brow.

"He's only been here for like an hour! How bored is everyone?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:09:19 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Before Andy could haul off with 'just the important ones' his date once again stepped in. Now he was beginning to see how he had passed himself off as a good enough handler to shepherd Hideo. Which made him wonder, was he shepherding him!? Even the other children he shooed away like an expert. Perhaps Doug would have made a good dad.
[break][break]
It was just a pity that he couldn't bear any kids being a male and all. Once they made it to their server, he still only peered out from behind the other teen at the woman. Were gay couples really that rare in Hoenn? He would expect something like this in Galar, but Hoenn was much more temperate. It was a vacation spot. Surely gay couples came here all the time.
[break][break]
''Outside of cooking, dancing, or screwing, what else could you even do around here?'' Perhaps it would come off as rude, but there was a genuine curiosity there. And there had to be plenty of copulation given all the children in the line with them. Despite whatever faux pas occurred however, Andy still spooned his portion into his plate with the ladle.
[break][break]
It smelled scrumptious and he was starving at this point.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:29:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The lady gasped in surprise at Andy's words, not quite expecting such bluntness from a kid dressed like he was coming off from the Prince's Ball at Cinderella.

Doug's hand clapped firmly at Andy's back. Not so much a punishment as something intended to draw the lady's attention his way as he laughed. He was surprisingly the actor, his forced laughter coming out rather smooth.

He had practiced evil laughter before, after all.

"Quite the character, ey?" He said, making the woman join him in, her chuckles a tad more uncertain. "Don't look down on our dancing, Mr. Blackadder. Unlike fancy balls, our dancing is fun that makes you sweat."

His Kantonian folk dancing was, anyway. He admittedly didn't know a whole lot about Hoennian folk dances- things weren't so, so cheery around here that they all actually danced around the bonfire...

Usually it was just the kids dancing.

"And hey, ya forgot story tellin'! What good's a big ass bonfire without a story to tell 'round it?" Said Doug as he, too, served his own several scoops onto his bowl, openly sniffing it before grinning at the woman. "ya plum gone done outdid yerself this time, Martha. I'll eat this one quick, so save enough for a second servin', kay?"

The woman chuckled, looking at the massive cauldron, then at the massive line of grown men and women forming, before shaking her head.

"I'll see what I can do, Dougie." She said, before turning her gaze to Andy. "Let me know what'cha think, eh?"

Doug guided Andy back to their benches, were he all but collapsed atop it, releasing a deep breath of relief before looking at Andy with a tired grin.

"Almost gave me a heart attack there, ya know?" He said with a laugh, holding his chest. "Martha's very easy on the kids, but that could've gotten bad if she hadn't been caught offguard!"

Laughing again, the youth finally placed his bowl between his legs, before grinning at Andy.

"Best thank 'er for the meal before ya leave, eh? I can guarantie y'all like it, so don'cha worry 'bout false compliments."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:44:20 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

He smiled, but something sly tugged at the corner of his mouth. What was this comment about sweaty dancing? Was that supposed to be some manner of innuendo? It wasn't certain to him why he looked at everything with such a tint, but none the less it colored everything. Once again, Doug easily pulled him out of any fire he might have leapt into.
[break][break]
''Right. I forgot about campfire stories.'' He leaned into it. ''If it smells this smashing I don't think there's going to be enough left for seconds, mate.'' Going back to their spot by the fire, meal in hand, Andy was stuffing his face before the other boy was even talking. The flavor was hearty, earthy. It lacked complexity, but that wasn't its purpose.
[break][break]
Its purpose was to be filling, and it was.
[break][break]
''Yuh gon diea wuh anweh yuh kip eatn tis,'' he spoke with a full mouth, swallowing with an audible gulp. ''It's bloody brilliant though, yeah. Ab-Fab.'' Taking another bite, he took the time to chew it properly before speaking again. ''I'll give the lass props before I go. Do all of you eat like this every night?''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 0:02:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug grinned, watching the other eat the meal like a proper tent-er, all stuffing his face and speaking with a mouthful. Lovely.

"Wouldn't mind one bit if this is what kills me." Said Doug with a laugh, taking in his own spoonful and sighing in delight as he swirled the tasty broth with his tongue. Bloody delicious.

"Why? Gonna move in if we do?" Said Doug with a smile, winking at the youth before chuckling, shaking his head. "'fraid not, man."

He turned his head towards the cauldron and the large bonfire, his smile becoming just a bit more melancholic as the fire reflected off his dark eyes.

"'Fraid we ain't so well off we can afford this kinda thing daily." He said, "Wouldn't be much o' a homeless folk if we did, eh?"

He shook his head, taking in another spoonful of broth, chewing on a tasty piece of meat before swallowing down.

"It's more o' a surprise thing, eh? We all keep throwin' ingredients in the the ladies' freezer. Ladies keep savin' up bit by bit... until there ain't any more room left. It ain't that big, ey? When that happens, the ladies will come up with the occasion and..."

He gestured towards the large bonfire, the cauldron, and the people around it.

"Voilà."