Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 3:56:24 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The sun set low behind the buildings, whole and otherwise, the dying light shining through and around them danced across his garish dress, blinded his eyes as Ravana carried him to his destination. Blackadder. Galarian old blood. He dressed the part. The pressed tail coat, the stand collar shirt, the creased hemmed shorts, the satin knee-high boots, all black, accentuated by his emerald tights and thick bolo tie.
[break][break]
Of course, the decorative neck wear was pinned in place by his gengar-styled broach, brilliant megastone mounted within. Perhaps he would look as if he were a lord, which he most certainly wasn't. However, it wasn't all for nothing. Never had he been on a 'date' before. Typically Andy pushed others aside before he ever got to this level of relationship.
[break][break]
But then it had been so sudden hadn't it? This outfit on the other hand, was one long thought out mistake, with plenty of agonizing along the way. Ultimately, Epitaph had helped the boy pick. It was probably a joke given how resistant he had been to going back into his pokeball. The gengar wanted to see this train wreck in the flesh.
[break][break]
''Here Rav.'' The tent city grew out from the concrete jungle, sprawling into the distance. The yanmega lowered her carried cargo to the ground, the fine boots setting upon the concrete as gently as a feather. Slowly he approached the sea of people among the tents, each of the closest looked up in confusion or amusement. Perhaps he was a time traveler.
[break][break]
He was certainly dressed as one.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 22:01:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Well then... I'll be damned." He said, appearing from the mass of tents. His loose tie flapped and fluttered about along with the suit jacket draped over his shoulders as Andy' Yanmega descended, powerful winds left in her wing flaps' wake.

"Good thing I gave it my all." He said, following the boy with his eyes as he was brought to ground level, coming to a stop only once he was directly in front of Andy.

The boy could think whatever he wanted of the outfit he had picked- Because in the end, its purpose had been accomplished regardless.

"Lookin' mighty dapper there, shortstuff." He said as he grinned, a red flush appearing over his cheeks. "Cute, too."

Andy couldn't even begin to guess how many boxes he was ticking in Doug's checklist. Hell, he couldn't guess how many items on that list had been added right then when he first saw him.

The youth lazily rolled his neck to peer over his shoulder, holding up his to wave it at the crowd.

"Back to yer own business awready, peanut gallery. Yer spooking my date." He said, shooing away the crowd of onlookers.

Thankfully, they listened, for the most part, going back to their own business and not looking at them... too much. His rank in the league was occasionally useful for something.

"Don't mind 'em. They just LIKE. TO. GOSSIP." He said, finishing by raising his voice in the people's general direction, snickering as many of them looked away sharply in response.

"Anyway... Yer just in time, Andy! The cauldron's already been filled and fired up! So how 'bout you and I catch up in the meanwhile?" He said, holding out his hand towards Andy.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 2:50:33 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

When Doug appeared from the crowd, Andy got the impression of one of those overworked PI's from an old nior film. Tie hanging loose, jacket just sitting on his shoulders. If he was older he would have expected proper stubble. The haggard appearance went right along with his environs, matching the refugee camp perfectly.
[break][break]
It also contrasted his own garb well.
[break][break]
The Blackadder boy smirked at his host's first comment. The ensembles didn't matter all that much. After all, this whole 'fancy dress dinner party' came about from a joke rather than any serious suggestion. He wondered if he had subconsciously set out to one up Doug on the duds, or he just wore what he normally would for an event with that descriptor.
[break][break]
Words crawled up his throat to respond to what he assumed was the complementary 'dapper,' when another word was added. At cute, his vocabulary magically evaporated, flashing out of existence in a brief fire that heated his face to a fiery red to match Doug's own. Looking over his shoulder to his landed yanmega, he hoped it would disappear just as quickly as it came.
[break][break]
It wasn't even physically possible.
[break][break]
When he turned back, his wish ungranted, he found Doug looked over his shoulder as well, waving off the nosy crowd. They couldn't be blamed, he supposed. He had made one hell of an entrance. Not as flashy as it could be, but definitely attention grabbing. Normally he wouldn't have given their stares a second thought, but the situation being what it was...
[break][break]
''Uh, sure.'' The response to the invitation was awkward. His chocolate gaze focused on the offered hand. Physical touch was often an odd sensation if it wasn't foisted upon him violently. Slaps, punches, backhands, people tossing him somewhere, but rarely was anything this gentle. After a second though, he did wrap his digits around Doug's.
[break][break]
''I mean, fucking A.'' Now that sounded better, even if it was a little obvious he was trying to squeeze confidence out of himself like an ocean from a damp rag. ''Where to?'' While he had been to a school dance or two back in Galar, he had never been on what one would call a proper date before. Despite the butterflies, he was pretty pleased with the experience thus far.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 0:22:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Never thought I would see the day." Said Doug with a grin as Andy's surely sassy reply died off in his lips, their faces now matching in color.

Still, it was an opportunity he couldn't just let pass. He bent down, one hand on his knee, the other still held towards the boy.

"Got yer tongue?" He said cheekily, face awfully close to the other's. Needless to say, his present smile only got cheekier when the other youth's usual spirit came back in force.

"Just a lil'further in." He said, squeezing Andy's hand gently before leading him through the crowd. "Ya probably saw it while up there with Rav!"

Something so eye catching as to distinguish itself from the sea of tents, even from the ground floor... Naturally, he meant the large bonfire that seemed to illuminate the night and make the tent city look so lively.

Andy had already gotten a bird's eye view of how large the city of tents was, but seeing it up close probably gave him a better grasp of how the people lived.

It was not... completely miserable, at least.

Kids aplenty ran through the paths created by parallel tents, and adults could be found sitting in front of their homes, accompained by one another.

Not everyone was all smiles, but not a single one of them appeared to be suffering of crippling poverty. Happy faces, somber faces- all could be found in the group.

Adults and Children alike would occasionally stare, some subtly, most openly. But at least they seemed mostly friendly.

Whenever he noticed, Doug would slow down to be closer to Andy, and shoot peace signs at the group, snickering as some kids scampered away, some adults's snapped their gaze elsewhere, and a large portion of either group waved back.

Gossip truly was the favored local pass time.

"So what'cha been up, shortstuff?" Some time had passed since they last saw each other. Quite a few things had changed in Doug's life. "Me? I became a dog of the state."

He almost managed to keep a straight face as he said this, showing his Sergeant Insignia to the boy.

"Who knew all ya needed to do to get the league to notice ya was sign off yer right to run away from war." He said, "But hey. I got healthcare now."

He laughed. It would come in real handy when his legs got blown off in Poke'nam!

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 3:48:02 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Yeah,'' he lied when Doug pointed out the existence of the penultimate campfire at the camp's center. His eyes had probably seen it on the flight in, but that wasn't what they were looking at. Instead they were looking at a future filled with all the things he was paranoid about. As he was led through the encampment, he tried to forget about them.
[break][break]
The place seemed lively, and there were no shortage of smiling faces. He found it all so strange. The very existence of it was living proof of the League's failures. Had he known of it he would have dragged here to show exactly what he meant about his gripes with the League's shortfalls. Surely she had to know of it, all of the council...
[break][break]
Or perhaps their heads were buried in the sand. Speaking of heads, some turned away at the sight of two boys, hand in hand. Never had Andy imagined he would be this open. Though it was more that Doug was and just pulling him along through his own calm waters, not that he was going to put up a fight. All of it was a hell of a thing to just fall into.
[break][break]
Maybe my luck's finally changing... When asked, he took a moment to answer. ''Just been looking for more ghost types. Might go to Mt. Pyre soon, see if it's as creepy as they say.'' It seemed off that after he had just thought of the League's lesser aspects that the older boy would refer to himself as 'a dog of the state.'
[break][break]
''A sergeant already?'' The tint of disdain couldn't be contained from either his voice or his face. ''You must be putting in a shit ton of work. Why?'' He didn't want to get too political, but he just couldn't help it. The League's stumbling seemed to spawn so many easily negatable injustices, one of which they stood within at that very moment.
[break][break]
''In my experience it pisses them off when you run into war more.'' Now he couldn't prevent the sour emotions from washing over his voice or his face. ''You're not that much older than me. That asshole Silph threw me in a cell, Doug. Everyone was pissed I was at Mauville risking my life. How come they'll shower you with accolades but shit on me?''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 20:39:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug tilted his head, ignorant to Andy's disdain for his workplace- but rather receptive to the youth's disdain.

Uh oh.

"Uh. Yeah." He said, scratching the back of his head.

He almost didn't know how to respond. He didn't really care much for 'getting real', for even a moment. But Andy was much smarter than him, as well as pissed. Deflection wouldn't work.

"...My grandpa ain't really making any money right now." He said, uncomfortable. He didn't often speak of these subjects on any serious level. "Part time jobs ain't enough for two people to live from, and I ain't either old enough nor qualified enough for a real job."

But even that was a problem. He hadn't known much of Andy's involvement with the recent war, nor anything of his clash of tempers with the richest man in Hoenn.

The youth paused, still holding onto Andy's hand. His teeth were nibbling on the inside of his cheek, unsure of how to respond.

Honesty was the best policy, when this kinda thing happened.

"Well. Originally, it was for a friend." He said, laughing weakly at the memory. "Rather spur o' the moment. Kid needed a mentor who wouldn't coddle 'im just cause he was blind. And well... I bit the bullet!"

His laughter became stronger at that, the memory of all the stuff he had gotten up to with since then rising to mind. It quickly died down though.

After all, that was merely the reason he joined the league- not the reason he had been busting his ass since then.

"But- that aside... I said earlier that I wasn't old enough for a real job." He said, his hand dragging down from his hairs to his neck as he looked aside. "But I am just old enough to enlist."

The League's generally came with a not too impressive salary at entry level- but due to the current circumstances, there were several tempting features attached to signing off on one's life. Healthcare for the entire family being a prominent one.

"The higher you go, the better it gets. Guess this is why adults work so hard." He had never really understood his parents' source for stress- until now anyway.

"That's really just it, I think. I'm old enough. And... Just look at me and at this place." He said, trying to laugh it off. "No one's gonna make a ruckus when I bite it."

He shook his head, forcing a grin. Nobody but them had noticed when his parents got killed.

He turned back to the path, his forced grin smoothing back into an actual smile as he looked at the other boy. He hadn't ever wanted such a serious topic to pop up. He would need to think twice before he spoke in the future.

"Anyway, we are almost there." He said as he began leading them once more, "You mentioned Mt. Pyre earlier? I've been there a few times. Wanna go together? I've been lookin' for a present for a lil' someone I know."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 0:25:46 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

It didn't take him long to see the look on Doug's face after his little bitchfest. It hadn't been five minutes and here he was already ruining things. And he typically took at least five minutes. Something stirred down within the cockles of his heart. It was heavy and unfamiliar. Was it... humility? Ew. Suddenly he wasn't sure rather he wanted to back peddle or go all in.
[break][break]
It seemed he had forced Doug to show is guts, and obviously the older boy squirmed in doing so. Here he wanted to retreat. One the other hand, the League was a disaster in his eyes and had personally wronged him for specious reasons. On this he wanted to vent all of his frustrations. Especially since he had not had a chance to go over it with his date before.
[break][break]
Doug kept provided reasons like he needed to make excuses, which didn't make Andy feel any better. When he mentioned he had joined to help a friend, it seemed noble enough. When he continued further to mention that friend happened to be blind, then the Galarian couldn't help but wonder if he meant Hideo, the selfsame kid he had run into not long ago.
[break][break]
Yet the symphony of reasons continued and the final note made Andy want to shrivel. The refugee was too poor to matter were he a casualty of war. In a way that tied his two mindedness together in a tight little bow. If the League was a better governing body, then such perceived classism wouldn't fester in the hearts of Hoenn's natives.
[break][break]
That was a silver bullet that would be added to his ammunition for the next time it was relevant.
[break][break]
But Doug wasn't meant for that firing squad.
[break][break]
He remained just as quiet and blushing as he had when he landed. Doug continued to lead the way and changed the subject, which was probably for the best. It was a door that should remain shut for now. Another time. Another place. When things were more stable. But could he resist the intoxicating temptation to bitch for the remainder of his evening here?
[break][break]
''Yeah,'' he confirmed in a near whisper when asked about Mt. Pyre. At first he was definitely inclined to accept the offer, make up for all of this. His vanity got the best of him however. ''I would but,'' he hesitated. Still his pride won out. ''I already made arrangements. Next time though. You got my word, mate.''
[break][break]
Of course in reality, he was trying that incense for the first time, and didn't want to seem silly or superstitious to his fellow trainer. Best he do a trail run on his own, and if it worked, well then he could pretend he had some manner of expertise. After all, he had already done a good enough job of looking like a fool for one visit. Now it was his turn to change the subject.
[break][break]
''Your blind friend, you don't mean that Hideo lad, do you?''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 1:20:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Andy had remained silent through Doug's entire excuse-fest, and that alone made the youth feel more self-conscious than the thousand judgmental stares coming from the conservative low middle class adults around them.

In the end, the boy chose to simply let the subject go, and the bugcatcher was both thankful for it and ashamed at how relieved that made him feel.

"Gotcha, makes sense. I'll be lookin' forward to the invitation." He said with a grin, seemingly shrugging off the rejection. Though his smile was not quite was easy as usual.

Andy had hesitated before saying no, so he couldn't help but wonder if it was due to earlier. Ah, he had screwed up badly hadn't he? He really needed to think through what came out of his yapping maw.

He breathed in deeply, before shaking his head from side to side, doing what he knew how to do best and vanishing the bad thoughts to the very back of his mind.

Enough already.

No point in thinking about such stuff. Enjoy your date and forget about the troubles. If Andy had been that bothered, he would have left by now, probably after kicking him in the shin, if not somewhere worse.

And pay attention to him, he's talking about Hideo.

Wait, what?

"Yeah! Wait, you know Hideo?" He says after a moment, blinking in surprise at the other youth.

"Huh. Small world." He said, scratching at his chin, wondering the two could have met. Hideo was not often allowed to wander alone... "Guessin' you also met'im at the park?"

Oh, if only he knew.

Still, the bug catcher chuckled, winking.

"Sorry. I shouldn't be talking about another boy in our date, should I?" He teased.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 21:24:37 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I met him while he was hunting pokemon.'' Andy corrected. ''It's stellar you're keeping an eye out for him. He almost got absolutely pancaked.'' He'd leave the part out about shoving him out of the way. Normally the Galarian would brag, but it wasn't like Hideo could have seen it coming. He was just helping the other boy out.
[break][break]
''Hideo's like eleven,'' he said with a shrug to Doug chiding himself. ''No competition there.'' The assumption was easy. While the blind boy was a good kid, at least from his experience, he was fairly plain looking, just a boy next door. Then again, so was he, though he would never admit such a thing to another living soul.
[break][break]
''Anyway,'' Doug was headed in the right direction with moving on from talking about a mutual friend. ''What exactly is going to be in this soup?'' It was soup, right? He had kind of expected soup. ''You help out with the cooking?'' He felt a bit like a fish out of water. After all, Andy had never been to a get together of this kind.
[break][break]
Plenty of 'dinners' but nothing this... free?
[break][break]
''First time I've ever been to a... cook out? What would he even call this? Not wanting to sound like a jerk, he didn't want to burst out with this is the first soup line I've ever been in. While it was poorer than he was used to, it had heart. Which was more than could be said for a thousand sterile, soulless fancy dinners. Andy hesitated to ever inflict such a thing on Doug.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 3:19:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Andy couldn't see it, but Doug was internally screaming when he heard that had almost been 'pancaked', as he so lightly put it.

Only the fact that he had seen the kid earlier that day kept him from breaking out the phone.

"Good, cause that rivalry I wasn't ready for." He said, sighing in exaggerated relief before pulling the youth into a tent 'alleyway' to avoid a crowded 'road', spinning around to walk backwards at Andy's question.

"More of a stew! Ya've probably had curry 'fore?" He said. "It's prepared sorta like that! Don't really use a lotta berries, though. Mostly just meats, veggies and spices."

He hadn't finished describing the meal when the scent reached them both. A succulent fragrance that had wafted up to them without their notice, until it had them completely surrounded. A wide grin split Doug's lips as he sniffed the air, before he quickened his pace, pulling the youth along around many 'alleyways' of tents before they finally popped out into a large 'plaza'.

Compared to other places, this one was easily the largest space in the tent city without a single tent occupying it, leaving enough room for the massive bonfire upon which the huge cauldron had been positioned. Several half cut tree trunks had been lain about as seats, and public seating areas such as benches that had likely lost their place had also been positioned around the bonfire.

Children played around while several mothers and grannies talked and laughed while working on the meal, the sweat of their hard work carefully kept from the soup with practiced ease.

With the fire casting an orange light over him, Doug grinned at Andy, winking.

"You wanna taste my cooking that bad? Sorry cutie, next time." He said, snickering. "I can't well just leave ya alone, right? That would make me both a terrible date and host."

"Don't overthink it, Andy! 'S just dinner!"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 9:12:26 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The older boy continued to guide him by the hand through the expanse of tents. It was an interesting experience. Even his own 'camp' contained far more luxuries than any of the tents present likely did. But this was real camping, just on a massive scale. Not that he would have exactly volunteered for an extended experience of it.
[break][break]
A stew sounded appetizing enough to his ears. He didn't quite get to answer Doug's question about curry. He actually didn't care for it. Too spicy. It was clear his date was excited, or perhaps he was this animated all the time. It wasn't like he had known him for forever and a day. Though thus far, despite the previous hiccup, Andy wasn't unhappy he had stumbled into it.
[break][break]
''Sounds really... hearty.'' Which it was. Most 'poor people' food was hearty. When you were poor, you had to work. A lot. As they got closer he could smell the dish, as could Doug. He could tell it had to be one of the older youth's favorites by the anticipating grin that brightened his features. Much like the blush to brightened his own when he was called a 'cutie.'
[break][break]
Vain as he was, flattery would get you everywhere.
[break][break]
Now that they had arrived at the center of the camp to scenes of povertous mirth, Andy could see that the main course wasn't quite right at completion. The whole thing had a really gypsy quality to it that he hadn't expected to find in Hoenn. He was trying not to overthink it, as requested, but it was one of the things he was good at.
[break][break]
''I don't think you're going to like my camp nearly as much as this,'' he admitted with a subtle trace of melancholy. ''It's quiet and secluded, but that seems to be the opposite of the shit you're into.'' He did like the 'silence' of nature, which was typically filled with nocturnal pokemon chittering through the night, the sound of wind in the leafs, or rain on the roof.
[break][break]
It was a huge contrast from his hometown of Wyndon.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 21:36:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug snorted at Andy's words, bending down until their faces were level with one another.

"I'm havin' fun with ya, Andy, not despite ya. Don't matter where it is." He said, reaching over and poking the youth in the nose.

"Quite, secluded places have'eir benefits too anyway- Don'tcha think?" He winked as he finished speaking, before spinning about and casually leaning back, until his butt dropped down onto one of the log-benches, the bugcatcher almost managing to keep in the flinch. Almost.

"Take a seat." He said, before sliding forward just enough for his butt to land on the grass, using the log as a backrest as he crossed his legs.

"Say, what'cha have planned for christmas?" He asked after a moment, glancing at the youth. "I'm gonna be swingin' by Fortree around those dates. Hear there's gonna be a big event over there'."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 9:06:45 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

In a rare instance in his life, he truly found himself with nothing to say to his date's retort. It seemed the older boy had little tolerance for such pessimism, which would either bode well or poor for any relationship. In other words, he had no idea. However as he had alluded to earlier, he did in fact admire the peace and quiet.
[break][break]
''Well, yeah.'' Doug led him to one of the seats and sat right down. With a moment of hesitating movements, he finally timed flicking the tails of his coat far enough away from his butt to avoid sitting on them, and joined him. Rather than ground however, he sat on the log to avoid dirtying his britches. His aunt's butler would give him quite the sting if got disgusting on purpose.
[break][break]
Even Mauville had required some explaining.
[break][break]
''I... I don't know. Most of the time Christmas has been pretty... drab,'' he said with a slight shrug. At the mention of the festivities planned at Fortree, Andy recalled seeing fliers. ''Right. I think that's that idiot Schwartz's deal. You know that dick head almost got me completely killed? Didn't get in no trouble for it neither.'' Of course he realized he was being a negative nancy again.
[break][break]
''Maybe he's just the brainchild and more competent people are getting it done, though.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 2:04:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug blinked at Andy, eyes wide.

"What?" He said, curious at that. Surely he didn't mean literally. "What'cha mean by that?"

At the end of the day, a date was also were one traded their interesting stories- and if Andy was willing to share, Doug was rather curious to hear an account of the struggle between League and Aliens that didn't do either side any favours.

"I'm sure it'll be fine- events are handled in groups, and events like these just use famous figures to draw attention anyway." He said, waving his hand casually, no longer too interested in the subject, specially given how Andy didn't seem enthralled by it.

Also because it inconsequential when compared to almost being killed by the event organizer.

Doug spun on his ass to face Andy, leaning forward.

"So what happened?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Love Bugs [c]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 0:34:22 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''It's a long story, mate.'' Intitally he didn't want to kill the mood the evening by getting absorbed into a bitch fest that could last anywhere to the next five minutes to the rest of the night. As always, the boy was still tempted. Doug did make a good point about the use of high profile trainers to drum up interest in whatever event was being marketed.
[break][break]
''Yeah, you got a point. He's probably just some mouth piece.'' The agreement came with a shrug. ''Probably all he's good for,'' he mumbled. It seemed like the older boy was genuinely interested in hearing his gripes about the man though, as he encouraged him again. It seemed only fair, since he had made Doug spill his guts earlier.
[break][break]
''A lot of trainers came into Mauville through a forest on the outskirts. I was going to just sit my ass in there and snipe at all the naganadels hovering around. You know, try not to fucking die.'' The strategy didn't seem any less poor now that he thought back on it. ''Only the megalopolans had these kartana things hidden in the trees.''
[break][break]
Air escaped his nostrils as he scoffed.
[break][break]
''Don't ask me how a shitload of white and orange pokemon managed to hide, but whatever.'' Again, he shrugged, although a little more forcefully this time. ''So I have to fight off getting swarmed by those fuckers and then when I finally get a breather, I notice the whole place is starting to catch fire.'' His hands were thrown around for some vague illustration.
[break][break]
''I look around and notice this big ass camerupt just puking fire all into the woods. I know I wasn't the only bastard in there either. So, Rav carries me over to it so I can figure out what the fuck is going on and it's . I ask him why he's got the IQ of a biscuit and he gets handsy with me.'' Of course he had left out any representation of his foe's point of view.
[break][break]
As one does.
[break][break]
''Then after the battle is all said and done, that class A shitpot Fernando Silph calls me to Slateport to bitch at me for being at Mauville and I made one joke and he has me detained.'' At this point both the intensity and octave of his voice have risen significantly. ''I was the one to go fight those two megalopolan cunts Pillipermosa and Coliretard.'' His arms crossed over his chest in a 'humph!'
[break][break]
''I didn't see his ass defending this nation, fucking armchair warrior.''

--