2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 4:45:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was kiiiind of dumb what they were having to do even if it made sense in a... weird way. Ever since all the attacks, Mossadeep had gotten hit pretty hard. While most of the rubble itself had been cleared up, in a few places there needed to be structural work done. The damage had left some of the places uneven, needing to be smoothed out. Which was fine, that was okay, except that a lot of equipment had been damaged and Mossadeep was an island, so it was hard enough getting that stuff delivered at the best of times. The more 'rural' areas of the island mostly went without or had to wait till the 'more important' places got finished first.

Chu-e wasn't about that life, and he was trying to help out where he could. He vaguely remembered in Kanto, when they were staking out and before starting the takeover, that an old man was using pokemon to flatten out land. A Machop, he though. Well, Chu-e had a Machamp, plus other pokemon that could certainly help clean up an area, so he figured that maybe some muscle would do the trick. It would be slower than the equipment but faster than waiting.

So Muse, his Machamp, and a few of his other pokemon were busy stomping down and flattening out the earth. His ones not able to help out in that way were clearing the area of any smaller debris, like bits of stone or glass that had been looked over. Chu-e, himself, wasn't able to physically help out as much; instead, he had taken to crafting some charms from back home. It wasn't much, but a 'Cresselia Feather' and a good story might be able to help them sleep through the night.

He had heard that someone might join him today. Chu-e wondered when they would show up.

chu-e goes by the fake name 'ji-hoon ki' if that's relevant!
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 5:53:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

I am the misery you crave

Physical labor has been an old foe of Mason ever since the day he left his mother's womb. It's major reason why he so desperately prays for a chance to quit his menial delivery boy gig. Yet, just like that forsaken job of his, it seems like he will never be able to escape it and today is just proof of that very fact. The teen sighed. He knew today was much more than just a run-of-the-mill job. It was an opportunity to grant some assistance to folk who really needed it. But, to be quite honest, he didn't really care that much. Equipment not coming until next week? Maybe try living in an actual city. If it weren't for the reward and minimal recognition from fulfilling this mission, Mason would've scoffed it off and spent the afternoon doing something actually productive.

As he continued to trek further towards Mossdeep city, the sound of Pokémon at work caught his attention. He followed the thundering sound of stomping until he found himself face to face with another trainer surrounded by a group of Pokémon who were either flattening out the ground or snatching pieces of debris from the ground. "Hey there," He called out, a fake toothy grin plastered across his face, "I'm assuming you're my partner-in-crime today!" As he approached the group, he instinctively reached out for his poke balls and released his own little crew of workers. Polo (the Luxio) immediately sprang into action, too excited to wait for his instructions, and joined the others flattening out the land. After a quick briefing, the other two follow suite and assisted the other group with collect fallen debris from the ground.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself." Mason stretched out his hand, still showing off the same phony grin. "I'm Mason, but I'll also accept any cute nicknames you have for me, IF they're approved first." 

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 4:03:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Nice to meet you, Mason." Chu-e smiled back, soft and warm in a way that reached his eyes. "I'm Ji-Hoon Ki. Feel free to call me 'Ki'." But he took the hand, giving a surprisingly firm shake for his feeble appearance. One of the pluses of being chronically ill was how it made you look soft and vulnerable. They were both lying to one another. It would just be a matter of who picked up on it first.

"Well... you look kind of young. Maybe I'll call you 'kid'?" That seemed to amuse him slightly, lips curling into something mildly teasing. "Thanks for coming out to help. Here, you sit down. I don't think we can help much over there." He motioned vaguely to where their pokemon worked. The perks of commanding super powered creatures. "You can help me make these for the kids."

A bundle of feathers sat on the ground next to him. In front of him were two dye pots, pink and yellow. The fathers were blue and white, having been shed feathers that come from his own Taillow. Sitting beside him was another pile of feathers, spaced out as they dried, the tips of them dyed pink or yellow. "These are dry, but it would be faster with two hands. Just dip the bottom in the opposite color! So it shows all three colors together. I'll work on getting these started."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 4:59:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mason's eyes casually examined his partner. For someone who appeared so feeble, his hand shake was suspiciously firm. There was no real reason for him to be distrustful of Ki, and yet, he felt something gnawing at him. Something just felt off about this guy. "That nickname can be approved if, and only if, I get to call you Grandpa," He teased back, shrugging off his previous thoughts before they could further plague his mind. "Or does Pawpaw suit you better? "

It took him a moment before he could properly sit himself down beside him. For someone like Mason, there is nothing more painful than ruining a good pair of jeans, and sitting on the dirty floor would do just that. His brown eyes flicked down at the bundle of feathers and colors set up before him. Who the fuck would want something like this, he thought to himself. Of course, these were not thoughts he could carelessly express out loud. "Ah, how cuteee! I would love to help out." Fake enthusiasm dripped from his voice. This was far from what he had originally signed up for.

The teen nodded at Ki's instructions before he gingerly picked up one of the feathers, dipped it's tip into the pink dye pot, then set it to dry. With furrowed eyebrows, he looked up at him and questioned, "Just like that, right?" Ugly or not, he didn't want to ruin the guy's arts and crafts project. That would just be downright cruel. As the two continued to diligently work on the feathers, Mason would sometimes steal quick glimpses of his temporary coworker, debating on whether he should spark up a conversation beyond feather talk. "So, I don't assume you come here often," He joked, gesturing vaguely towards the nature surrounding them.

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 5:16:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A small laugh. Oh, so this kid had a little sass to him. Chu-e could appreciate that. "I think I can handle that. It makes sense since I feel like one." He nodded along as well as he watched Mason work, pleased with the results. Chu-e did internally agree these things were kind of weird and ugly; the ones from when he were a kid were better quality with nicer materials. But it was the thought that counts, right? And since it was, like, kind of a religious symbol it was best not to invite smiting out loud, just in case.

"Not really." Turning, he pointed toward the treeline. "I live back out that way. You see one tree you've seen them all." Said pointing was, like, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, even farther away from where they were at now. Not much was on that part of the island except a few houses and an old shrine. Hell, even this little stretch they were on was more populous.

"Do you live around here? Just visiting?" Chu-e hadn't seen him before but it wasn't like he knew everyone on the island. He was usually kind of a homebody.

Ah, but, nothing could ever be easy, could it? At least, not with the mildly suspicious air both of them had for the other. On the last of Mason's glances, Chu-e would happen to catch him- and oh, the facade was dropped for just that moment, and there was something flat and dead and scary hidden in his eyes. Then he blinked and looked away, falling back into the delicate persona he was putting on. Yet with mischief there, a challenge. A 'I know you saw, what are you going to do about it?'.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 6:00:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Ah, no wonder he was out here creating charms and doing all this work for some forgettable "City". He was one of them. The idea of growing up around this area, surrounded by absolutely nothing but trees and dirt, sent a shiver down his spin. What a terrible way to waste your life. "Ah, nah, I'm just visiting the area." Part of him felt insulted he had to even clarify this fact. But, like always, he hid this feeling with a smile, glittery eyes and a cutesy head tilt.

"I'm from Mauville city, actually. Though, thanks to my job, you can find me anywhere these days." Which is a major reason why he'll soon quit that god forsaken job. If he could go the rest of his life without visiting another rural town, he might actually live long enough to make up for all of the perfect afternoons he had to throw away for a delivery or useless request, like this one.

Mason continued stealing small glimpses of Ki as they worked together to decorate the bundle of untouched feathers, eventually catching a brief moment where his mask of a soft and vulnerable man had shattered. This caused him to freeze up for a second. His eyes stayed glued onto the two colorful pots as his mind attempted to wrap around what he just witnessed. A feeling of anxiety balled up within his stomach as he remembered the ghastly look Ki held deep beneath that delicate persona. "So what do you do around here? For work, I mean" Mason inquired. While he had recomposed himself and returned to his cheery persona, the air between them became noticeably stiff. Moving forward, he knew he had to tread carefully. This was no longer some carefree conversation. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 16:21:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"it's nice and quiet out here. I've been to Mauville a few times. Very loud. Lots of people. But they have better shopping selections." Chu-e hummed to himself and continued with his task, not glancing up at the other for now. Their dance was just starting. It wouldn't be fun if he showed all the tricks he could do right away, after all.

"It's good to travel. You see a lot of interesting places and meet new people that way. I'm retired, actually! But my job had me travel a lot, too. I was in Kanto for a while before I came here." And he flicked his eyes over lightly to the other, before handing over another feather to dip. "Mostly I just... well, I'm out here making old folk charms from what I was a kid. That should tell you all you need to know about how exciting my life is now." And he at least chuckled lightly at that.

"What about you? Your said your job has you travel, right? That could be a lot of things."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 8:51:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The ball of anxiety continued to fester within Mason's stomach as he diligently continued to play his part as a cog in the charm-making-machine. While he has mingled with his fair share of strangers that go beyond your stereotypical cookie-cutter, go-lucky personality, most of these experiences tended to take place within the safety of his school, or some well-known organization (like a club). Not in the middle of the forest, surrounded by their party of likely powerful beasts.

The teen, disquieted and uneasy, released a breath, attempting to calm down his raging nerves. Cool it, idiot. 'You're fine. It's not like Tsuni or Dandy are gonna let anything happen, anyway.' He thought to himself, 'Besides...it's not like he knows your hand either.' Mason's brown eyes, like before, confidently flicked up from the colored pots. "You're sooo right about that!" He waved his hand back and forth, mimicking a hand gestor his old friend, Katie, would do whenever she gave him the same ol speech he was preparing to repeat to Ki, "It can be a hassle sometimes - traveling around, I mean - but nothing really compares to being able to visit completely different cities filled with completely different people."

After finishing setting down another feather to dry, he fabricated a sheepish grin and began rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, me huh? I don't do anything too too special; I'm just you're typical delivery boy," He inwardly grimaced, praying he wasn't giving too much away. The less this stranger knows, the better. "Wait wait wait. How are YOU retired already?? Unless I hit the nail on the head and you're actually some young looking grandpa, you're like super young to already be set for life. What was your job exactly??" Mason leaned forward in an exaggerated manner, his right eyebrow raised and expression radiating childish curiosity. Was he going to answer the question this time or dance around the topic again, he wondered.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 13:50:18 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Ah, that can be a hard job. I hope no one has given you any trouble. People can be very cruel, especially this time of the year..." Which may have sounded contrary, since the various winter holidays like Arceumas and New Years were supposed to be about togetherness and love. Chu-e was of the opinion that instead it just made people grouchy and spiteful, feeling the need to provide excess gifts and niceties more for show and praise than for the goodness of their hearts. Service people, like Mason, often were the ones blamed when a package couldn't be delivered despite acclimate weather or other circumstances making it difficult. A shame, really.

But, ah, seemed this one was a little pushy, wasn't he? Not going to go without a proper answer. Well, Chu-e could lie. That would take away all the fun, though. Telling the truth would be fun but he also didn't want someone to try and arrest him again, even if he had a solid 'out'. So instead he would let the guy draw his own conclusions.

Putting on a mildly mournful look, as false and well practiced as Mason's smiles, he paused in his work and instead turned the feather in his hands, eyes drawn to it as if he was deciding how to continue. "Well..." A soft sigh, a small frown. "I did say I used to be in Kanto.... and... well, after, I got hurt pretty badly...." He let the silence settle between them before he slowly perked up again, a sad smile on his face this time as he finally glanced back up at the other. "Sorry. It's still... hard to deal with."

His words were filled with all the sweetness of sugar and sincerity of a snake. So what was he? A battered ranger or officer, maybe? Or rocket? Well, that was for Mason to puzzle out.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 5:36:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mason nodded along to Ki's comment. His job doesn't require too much mental effort, and honestly, even a Pokémon could achieve adequate results. The hidden difficulty hides behind the mental fortitude any service worker must have in order to deal with the sea of bratty customers who try to blame world's hunger and more on any minimum wage worker in sight. It's just another reason why he so desperately wants to escape his current employment through Team Rocket. He rather steal 100 Gardevoirs from unexpecting trainers than hear another lengthy speech about how he's the reason why his company is going out of business.

"Ah, sorry sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories for you..." His words were apologetic, but his eyes held a hint of doubt. Still, regardless on how he felt about the situation, it was clear that he couldn't continue to push for information. Even if Ki were to confess to being some kind of criminal, it's not like Mason had the means to do anything about it. Not like his conscious is clear anyways. "You know," He spoke up, his hand reaching out for another feather from his partner, "I love Mauville city, BUT it really does lacks genuine, hard-working people like you." He dipped the feather into the yellow pot, glanced up for a moment, then placed it down next to the others. "Like you were saying - people can be so cruel. It's honestly just so refreshing to be able to run into a kind stranger for once, you know?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 5:47:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Another small smile crept it's way onto Chu-e's face, more genuine than the usual one he kept on there. This one was the slightest bit toothy, radiating amusement. "Well....That's maybe laying it on a little thick." He chuckled to himself. 'it's okay, though. I've made peace with it, it's just not fun to chat about when I don't know you that well." Which he thought was fair. "I won't say I'm any of those things, though. Now that I've been forced to retire, I'm actually pretty lazy. I just wanted an excuse to get out of the house." Which was probably the most genuine thing he had said since they first started to speak.

Soon, he found himself out of feathers on his end, which just left the second dip that Mason was working on to be done. The pokemon, who had all been working diligently, also seemed to have the area mostly cleared out. It wouldn't be too long now.

"So, do you think I would make a good Mauvillite?" The sudden overdose of compliments was suspicious. Color Chu-e curious on what the kid was after. He would be more than happy to play along for a bit longer.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 8:26:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Placing down the final feather from the bundle, Mason averted his gaze back onto his partner. However, unlike before, his eyes stared darkly back at Ki, void of all emotion. "A good Mauvillite?" He echoed back his words slowly, his lips now settled into a smirk. "It's hard to say, really."

Mason lifted himself off from the ground. Their Pokémon had seemed to have finished clearing up the area, and truth be told, the kid's nerves couldn't last much longer. So he turned his back to Ki and took a few steps forward, then with his signature lighthearted tone, he spoke up once more. "Either way, you should tooootally stop by and visit sometime. Like I said, it's been a while since I've met a genuine person, so I'd love to have another chat sometime." He nervously began nibbling on his bottom lip the moment he finished, as he was honestly averse to the idea of meeting this man again. Until this conversation, the worse person he had ever interacted with was some gossiping school bully who had as much depth as a single piece of paper. But, of course, he was painfully aware of the fact that he would have to come across people far far worse if he ever hoped to attain even a smudge of profit.

So he'll attempt to engage with this suspicious man once more. There was no telling who he was, what he's done, or who he knew. And, as with all things, the best way to achieve something is through connections. "But for now...it seems like our job is done." 

[/quote]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 15:06:58 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At seeing the flicker into the boy's depths, Chu-e couldn't keep the smile off his face. It was as sharp as a knife. So far, this had been more fun than most of his night at the Mistletoe Matchmaking speed date event. He had had a few good meetings but it had been rather dull.

"Well, you're always free to stop by my house if you're in the area, too. I need as many people as possible to test out my cooking." Face back to that passive normal, he laughed as he slowly stood up and dusted off his pants. He did take the time to place the lids back on his pots and the gather up the feathers; some of them were still drying, but he could deal with a little dye on his hands. "Thank you for helping me today, Mason. I'm sure that the owners will be able to start rebuilding a lot sooner now." And he said it as if he actually cared, a fake to a fake.

"I'll look you up if I'm ever back in Mauville, too! It's always nice to see a familiar face." Reaching into his pockets, he took out his pokeballs to call his gaggle of pokemon back. "You can go on ahead. I'll take care of all the paperwork." And he gave Mason a little wink before he started to walk off, conversation done.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
stomp the yard [m/c]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 1:32:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: