Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 20:31:00 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
Wait. Who...? He typed the name into the Ask Blipbug search box on his phone. He was sure he had heard it before. Excited eyes skimmed over the information presented. It seemed he had gotten matched up with a real legend or something. Member of the Elite Four, rocket wrecker, saved the commissioner, dog type lover, it seemed.
[break][break]
Probably a furry, he theorized. None the less, it seemed Kyle drew the short straw this time. Normally he would probably never get the chance to rub elbows with someone like this. Andy had to admit though, at least he seemed like he was effective at actually doing accomplishing things for Hoenn, unlike some other... he would hesitate to call them 'movers and shakers.'
[break][break]
Plenty of alternative descriptors came to mind however.
[break][break]
Leaning back against the wall surrounding the ice sheet they had made for skating, a scarf peaked out of the collar of his double breasted coat, just as stockings stretched from under his shorts. Hoenn was plenty warm enough for the winter, but to keep the water frozen enough for skating it had to be kept cold. It reminded him of home.
[break][break]
Though really he was anxious to see how this 'date' would turn out. He had had a good time with Hideo at least, upon pain of looking like a fool, but how would this Kyle guy turn out? Would he be some larger-than-life hero with an ego to match, or some humble every man who had just stepped up to a challenge? At the very least his accomplishments seemed respectable.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 6:00:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle skates over and knocks on the transparent partition for andy's attention. "andy, right?" he asks as he starts the conversation from behind him.

kyle's voice comes from other side of the wall that separated the ice rink and the floors. his hands anchor himself to the railing that lined against the edges of the rink, balancing himself for the conversation.

"looks like you're stuck with me for a while, huh?" he smiles, until he realizes where he is. "oh, uh, let me just go over there really quick, unless you're fine with me over here."

filling in the numbers for mistletoe matching gets him in a precarious situation of starting a conversation. he wasn't necessarily good at it when it comes to strangers, but he can make do, or so he wants to believe.

he starts inching away to the exit of the rink to buy him time to think of what else to say, unless his partner for this round doesn't mind having a division in between them.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 7:09:17 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

At the rapping on the glass of the barrier, the boy jumped. Stepping away from the wall, he spun around to find that Kyle was already out on the ice. He noted that on top of all the other things he seemed capable of, ice skating was another one of his talents, as well as being more than prompt. If anything Andy was late.
[break][break]
''Yeah!'' Hopefully raising his voice a few octaves would help carry the confirmation of his identity. He had trouble hearing their response over the garish Christmas music playing in the background. ''I'll meet you at the entrance.'' Pointing at the nearest break in the partition, he didn't exactly go straight there as he said.
[break][break]
First he would need some skates.
[break][break]
Checking those out quickly, it still seemed the boy arrived at the exit just in time. He may have never been taught to ride a bike or swim, but he had learned how to ice skate. By the time that Kyle would arrive, the skates would be strapped onto his feet in place of his boots. Though he was still sitting on the bench tightening the laces.
[break][break]
''Didn't know you were already on the ice, Mr. Lopez.'' A red tinged his cheeks. Perhaps he was blushing, or perhaps it was just the bite of the cool air. ''How did you know it was me? My face ain't famous like yours,'' he queried in his obvious Galarian accent. Standing shakily, his bladed shoes clopped towards the frozen rink.
[break][break]
''Where did you learn to skate?''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 14:43:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"there's only so much people your age around, so..."

the basic details about his next partner were given out to him, which is basically just the name, age and gender. fortunately, andy's age makes it really easy to point him out of the crowd.

he stops to scan the area to make sure that he was right, smiling when he confirms that he hasn't made an incorrect assumption. he waits for him by the rink, the distance between the bench making it awkward for a conversation.

"blackthorn in johto! kinda a necessity if you want to go through the ice path there."

the fact that he manages to wobble properly in skates makes it easy for kyle to assume that he knows how to. definitely not a hoenn native, he assumes, since no hoenn kid would ever take interest on learning it over surfing and the like.

"you're not from hoenn, i assume?" he voices his thoughts out loud.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 6:40:31 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

After he stepped out onto the ice, he got a feel for the skates rather quickly. Back home, he had had his own pair. When he came to Hoenn, the climate pretty much guaranteed that he would never use them. Wearing rentals made him wish he hadn't left them, even just for hygienic reasons. Sliding up to the older trainer, he maintained his balance well enough even while still.
[break][break]
''Nah mate.'' The answer seemed to end abruptly as a million rude things to say popped into his head to be tacked onto the end. This wasn't some random League goon however, so his head is where they stayed. ''Galarian. I didn't know you were from Johto though.'' He shrugged. ''Never been.'' Andy wasn't sure he wanted to travel that much.
[break][break]
Hell, he wasn't sure he was really happy about traveling as much as he had.
[break][break]
''What made you sign up for something like this, Mr. Lopez? League work boring you?'' Since it seemed highly unlikely a kid like him would ever climb the ranks, he was curious what the day to day of the League's upper echelon was really like. It was assumed Kyle had to play twenty questions with the lower orders often, so he was probably used to it.

--

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 3:19:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm still a hoenn native," he confesses. "that johto trip's just an excuse not to go to college, to be honest. just got on that pokemon journey hype, but it didn't lead to anything," he sighs, "as always."

the question catches him by surprise. a smile indicates amusement with the inquiry as he wonders if he should reveal his actual intent behind joining the match making event or not.

"well, you're not wrong..." he says to make up time for him to think up of an answer. "elite four have less to deal with than gym leaders, but i'll still take any excuse to skip work."

he leads them to the center of the rink, keeping his pace slow since moving too far ahead while maintaining a conversation would make a situation get too awkward.

"can you imagine how the people up there act? that place is either too chaotic or too boring. there's no in between."

he'd also add that there are people who make very questionable decisions up there that he doesn't want to associate with, but he felt like that's too much.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 22:12:59 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

That must be why you actually do shit for this region and people like Silph come from assburg or something,'' he thought in response to Kyle's admission of heritage. ''Shit. I dunno. Becoming one of the Elite Four is something I'd day.'' Again he shrugged. ''Can't say I'd ever want the job though.'' When you were young responsibility was a curse.
[break][break]
At the confession of the man shirking his duties Andy chuckled. It seemed some things carried over into adulthood. Skating along just behind and beside his 'date' he wondered just what day to day entanglements a member of the Elite Four had. Surely there wasn't as much desk jockeying and paperwork as a councilor or the commissioner.
[break][break]
Then again, the League made no sense, so perhaps so.
[break][break]
''That sounds right.'' It was assumed this commentary was on the League since Andy had bought it up. ''I don't got to imagine too much though. Met some of the leadership, and it don't exactly inspire hope. Silph seems like he's got his head up his ass and Goode? I dunno. Seems too... passive? Maybe it's supposed to be diplomatic. What are the rest of them like?''

--

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 15:18:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he covers his mouth to hide snickers as he hears an accurate description of fernando from andy. he shifts his head away from him to hide his blatant laughter until he calms down.

"champion's a brute and is probably does what she wants. she's too scary for me, to be honest. one of the e4's that weird combination of stubborn and heroic. that determination kinda scares me sometimes. the other's got a dark background apparently. someone who's with the interpol at a young age. also intimidating."

he holds one finger out for each person he calls out. he thinks the description for , and were pretty spot on. he's not too sure about moving on with the councilmembers since their reputation matters more than the elite four in his opinion.

"i get along with them though, weirdly enough." he shrugs and then scratches his head. he turns to andy before he stops. "wanna know my thing?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 0:43:54 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

From his reaction the boy figured he had been spot on about Fernando, or at least close enough. That Kyle didn't get all up in arms told that he didn't exactly disagree at least. The rest of the Elite Four sounded like a collection of misfits, which seemed to match the governmental structure they served nicely. At this point Kyle was the only one he had met.
[break][break]
''Teamwork makes the dream work,'' he repeated a saying he had heard but did not believe in with a small shrug. At least there wasn't infighting among the regions best actual fighters. Of course when Kyle offered to describe himself, Andy arched an eyebrow. ''This isn't going to be one of those things where you admit to me that you once killed a guy with a broken lawn chair or something, is it?''

--

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Measure of a Hero [MM]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 17:23:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what? no!"

he'd been on the force for at least three years, but never did he ever find himself directly involved for the death of someone else. he intends to keep it that way despite not being the most moral person in the roster.

"i was gonna say i have an entire arcade at my elite four chamber and i'm the best one out of us four." he still subconsciously counts bailey as one until a fourth one fills in her previous spot.

an alert rings on kyle's phone. time was up. it was time for him to part with andy.

"feel free to check it out if you ever had, uh, business there." not that it's likely to happen. the only people to ever enter that place only had one objective in mind.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height