Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 8:07:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

FESTIVAL FANTASIES MISSION

a light tap to her phone showed that it was time for their meeting. a plate of festival food sat in front of her, untouched, losing heat. she blew smoke out of her nostrils and stared at exploding fireworks with all of the patience in the world. she didn’t look for him, but rather waited for him to appear out of the chaos like a ghost.

she’d unfortunately not thought to inform him that her hair was no longer red, but rather now matching his own again as it did when they were young. perhaps looking like a ghost of the past herself, her blonde hair rustled in the evening breeze.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 9:48:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Sharp eyes scan the crowd for a familiar head of scarlet hair, but it's a blonde who finally catches Gavin's attention. He'd recognize his little sister anywhere and the return to her roots — literally and figuratively — is not enough to throw him.

"Hiding from someone, or just bored of the red?"

He appears from behind her, circling slow to look her in the eye. He will not express the worry he's felt for the past few months. The war had been rough. The events preceding it had perhaps, for Lulu, been worse. He does not ask how she's coping. It's not how they were raised.

Instead, he lights a cigarette and flicks the ashes into the wind.

"You coming back?"

His gaze is on the fireworks, allowing her the freedom to process her answer without the weight of his judgement.

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 0:08:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

something caused her expect him to appear from behind. it was a very cillian thing to do. he was stealthy like that. her stare showed no surprise, eyes meeting him nonchalantly, dull and lackluster.

“bored of hiding.”

they’d never discussed what had happened. the people she’d killed. the shackles she’d finally been able to break. it wasn’t necessary. and, surely the news of the incident would have gotten around on its own to the underboss. she only felt now the need to assure him that the danger had passed.

she watched quietly for a moment as he lit his cigarette, eyes drifting to his hands pensively.

“not really any need for me to anymore.” although they did now look strikingly alike if one were ever to get them close enough.

she blinked up at him, as though her own absence hadn’t yet occurred to her. “well of course. it was never my intention to leave.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 8:40:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There was still the matter of their relation, but they'd managed to keep it under wraps so far. The blonde suits her better, he thinks, but doesn't vocalize the opinion. Her life, her choices.

Just as it had been her own, foolish choice that led her to the Dragons. He'd read the intel files on the incident and had known that she was forced to go to ground for a while after the war but their personal contact had been kept minimal for her safety. It had been enough to know she was alive.

He endures most of the conversation with the stoic silence he was known for, taking a deep drag of his cigarette and exhaling smoke. A brow is raised at her untouched food. He'd picked up his own food on the way, and savours a slice of Tonkatsu as he mulls things over.

"You going back to working intel, you think?"

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 21:05:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

catching his look, she took another drag from her smoke as well and then snubbed it out under the table. “was waiting for you; trying to be polite.” she explained. there was almost the hint of a smile before she bit gingerly into a seaking-shaped taiyaki, eyes dropping from him and back to the fireworks.

“that’s the plan.” again, it hadn’t occurred she’d ever left intel. perhaps the trauma had warped her concept of time. had she looked suspicious at all, she wondered? “until i get my gym badges.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 14:01:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You? Polite? Please."

Gavin's smirking as he chews. They'd been raised polite, but around one another it was like wearing a skin that didn't quite fit. Tight. Uncomfortable. Polite had been their parents, not them.

"Still going for Beast, then?" His teeth strip the Grumpig meat. The word Beast comes with a flash of his teeth. "You'll want to hurry. Dachev and Clayton took mantle in your absence. Just one spot left."

The absence of Emma's name is, hopefully, explanation enough. She was still alive and still serving out her role. He mentions nothing of their relationship, leaving its health implied.

"Thought you wanted away from violence." It's a statement, open-ended to allow her to respond or keep silence as she wills.

[break]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 20:49:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

a gleam of annoyance flashed through her eyes at him. she then shrugged, and chewed less ‘politely’, and continued pretending to be more consumed by the fireworks than with his presence—the first time seeing him in months. that’s just how they were.

she finished her pastry and lit a cigarette. dachev and clayton? she was sure she’d see dachev soon—they tended to be placed together on missions, although she wasn’t sure how his new status might affect that trend. clayton had always seemed like a solid loyal. they were both deserving of power.

considering it a moment, she shrugged. “let someone else have it if i don’t get there first. i’m in no rush.” she looked at him sort of darkly. “someone will fall off, eventually.” it was waggish, a joke made clear only by the lightest twitch of the corner of her mouth, but it was morbid as hell, even for her. she wouldn’t have it for any of them. however, they both knew it to be true.

she took a sip from a flask she’d brought along. “kind of a necessity right now. i’m assuming dorian filled you in that i was shot?” she had a bad arm now, but that was hardly the extent of the damage. she wouldn’t give him the nasty details that had caused the mental repercussions of that night—not only had she been shot, but she’d essentially stabbed her adoptive mother to death in the throat. she’d discovered the gruesome details of how her one lover in life had been brutally murdered. she’d witnessed her pokemon, maimed and then slaughtered—all in one night.

she had become darkness. she had surpassed the typical ‘it’s a quinn family thing’ cold. perhaps he would see it—see even more of himself; the part of him that had broken away from the family, even, that was free from genetic influence. they were alike on so many levels now, blood or not.

lulu would always be dangerous. she would always rise to the occasion. but honestly, it was likely she would never step up to the plate of beast; never truly seek out that level of violence again. it was likely she would always be in the dark now, tinkering, typing away at her computer, same as she had in her bedroom when cillian had disappeared. she'd come full-circle, in a way.

and then, as soon as she tried not to think about it, suddenly, those thoughts were stuck in her head. she sniffed, pressed her teeth together and looked up at the fireworks again.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 20:55:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He wonders if, perhaps, he has offended her. There's something in her eyes that suggests as much. He doesn't ask, because he doesn't know how.

"These are times of peace." In the aftermath of the alien war, and Necrozma afterward, it felt as if he could handle anything. As if Rocket could. didn't even know about Necrozma, he realises. "If anyone falls off, it'll be because they slipped up."

Like she had slipped up, with the Dragons.

He recognized it as her weakness, but he did not resent her for it as he should. She was his little sister. They did not coddle one another, and their sympathies were expressed in strange ways, but he was glad she'd slipped her noose.

"Yes, I'd heard." He wonders at the psychological effects; was she plagued with nightmares, like his dreams of the devouring dark? He wakes in the night and Lucario is no longer there to soothe his aura. Gavin hears a gentle sniff, but doesn't call attention to it. His gaze is on the moon. "How goes the recovery?"

His tone is more casual than the question feels.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 22:46:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

times of peace? that didn’t seem like a possibility in such a world that they’d found themselves in. perhaps, times of less violence. but never times of peace. someone was always at war, or pitting them into one. it seemed that rocket was always preparing for the attack or following through. they were predators. she looked from the fireworks to regard him with a stare. were they all tired, now?

she was tired, too. always.

“getting there.” she sighed, in response to the question about her shoulder. “the doctor said it’ll heal fully.” her thoughts flashed briefly to the cot in the seedy back-alley operation she’d been carted off to following the incident. he had seemed knowledgeable enough. she’d woken up not dead.

she hit her cigarette, allowing a moment of silence to pass.

“what happened while i was gone?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 5:58:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Feeling her eyes on him, Gavin turns his head to regard her with his eyes of sharp amber.

"Good," he says, of her shoulder, and his expression softens with relief. Near-imperceptible, but not by the girl who'd grown up with Cillian Quinn. "It gives you any more trouble, they'll look into it at HQ. Just avoid Olson."

Any softness vanishes at mention of .

's question is a difficult one to answer, and Gavin takes a drag of his cigarette to give himself time to mull it over. How much did he burden her with truth? Necrozma was no easy thing to describe, and yet she was perhaps the only person outside of that he'd want to tell. Rocket had his reports out of necessity.

"With work? Not much." He thinks on it again, elaborates, "We secured a few of the generals from the war, they work for us now, but it's been back to business as usual otherwise. Something happened to me, though."

He looks away, colorful bursts of fireworks reflected in his gaze.

"You hear about the Blackout of Slateport?" That's what they'd been calling it on the news.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 0:01:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu’s face scrunched just a small bit at the name-drop, wondering what warranted the warning. rocket was full of lunatics.

mention of megalopolan generals piqued her interest, but she’d yet to share her curiosities about them with her brother, and refrained from doing so at that moment. whatever had happened to him felt more important—cillian likely wouldn’t bring up any personal detail that wasn’t.

her expression remaining one of scrutiny, she continued to watch him as he averted his gaze, spectrums exploding in the sheen of it. she hit her cigarette.

“yeah.” she confirmed, in a ’go on’ sort of way.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 0:20:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I was there."

Gavin's faraway gaze remains fixed upon the fireworks without seeing them. His mind's eye is somewhere else, a dark void with no exit.

"Not 'there' in the way the people they interviewed were there," he elaborates, after a long pause. "There, there. Inside of it. It was..." He struggles to think of a proper descriptor. Fear is a weakness. But Gavin was human, and Necrozma was the closest he's ever come to losing himself. "It was fucking terrifying, Lu."

He exhales, gathering his thoughts. "They're calling it Necrozma. The thing that was in there with us. Could barely see the thing it was so dark, but it just slaughtered everything we threw at it. Even Lucario..."

Perhaps would remember the fiesty Riolu that had been her brother's first Pokemon, the only one he'd had before their parents kicked him to the curb. Perhaps she remembered it from the war, fully evolved and stalwart, its life dew scattering across the blood-soaked ground. Gavin had watched it die.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 1:24:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her cigarette burned in her fingers, forgotten as he spoke. while the goosebumps on her arms showed a disturbance in her, curiosity was at an all-time high. it was only nearly outmatched by the horror of seeing her older brother scared.

and had he really just called her lu? she grimaced at him for half a second, hit out of left-field.

necrozma.

it sounded evil. death. the fact that he’d been inside a wormhole was incredible, and she was full of questions, but his brief recount rang painful. she felt it.

it felt a bit like the family dog had died. lulu’s heart sank a bit, and the corners of her mouth turned downwards, because how could they not. sharing a moment of silence with him, she tried to mull over what to say next. “i’m sorry…”

her face still wrinkled, vengefulness accompanied the pain and conflicting curiosity in her eyes which now stared at the concrete at their feet. “you said ‘us’. who was with you?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 16:15:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Ordinarily, Gavin might've lectured his sister on apologizing for things she had no control over. Now, he sits in a solemn silence as his chest tightens around memories of his beloved starter.

"Not sure," he admits; there's a tightness to the words that betrays his discomfort with the fact. "It was — you know when it's so dark, you can't see your own hand in front of your face? It was a lot like that. There was a Moltres... might've been 's, but I never saw her or anyone else. Just heard them, and their Pokemon."

Heard them screaming, some of them dying, desperation in strained voices as they cried out for the lost. It was the stuff that haunted his nightmares. He might've labeled them weak if he hadn't been there to experience the horror firsthand.

"I know and were there, but I didn't know 'til after."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
spectral [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 4:38:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she did know what that was like. she had dreams about that kind of darkness.

stormy silph was one of the elite four. had the strongest been summoned, or sent somehow? dachev. she’d not yet heard of clayton at that time, but she was willing to bet he was up there as well by the trend. there were many questions to be asked, but instead, her quinn-family amber stared silently back at his.

after a moment, her eyes narrowed and she turned away, hitting her cigarette again, thinking.

“i want to hear everything.” she paused, feeling out the next words. “if you’re able to tell me.” her tone and expression were so complicated, it was nearly undiscernible whether they were words of understanding or a steely jab. there was a hair of anger in her tone, perhaps a reflection of her own trauma, or an anger that they had both been robbed of so much. so damaged, and yet so quietly guarded.

“back at headquarters, maybe?”