Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Sleight of Hand (open/bb)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 5:48:18 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar
 Lex decided she needed to take a different approach to this whole “hiding-for-your-life” thing. Was she still annoyingly anxious and paranoid? Yes. But funds were running low, her stomach was growling uncontrollably, and she couldn’t stay in the shadows forever. Besides, who’s gonna take a stab at her at a crowded festival? No one. Well, that’s what she was telling herself.

No matter how you slice it, a loud, stimulating, crowded fair was a pickpocket’s dream. Yes, the renowned thief was resorting to pickpocketing to get by and grab a bite to eat. Child’s play. Honestly, it was like taking candy from babies except easier because there was no fuss once it was lifted off the unsuspecting victim. The combination of the laughter, flashing lights, fireworks, screaming vendors, entertainers…. It was all so stimulating which was a bonus for her.

In as little as 15 minutes she has swiped enough for a foot-long corn dog, beer, and some ice cream later… or another drink. Or both! There were plenty of pockets to pick. But now it was time to relax, sort of. She strategically picked a picnic bench with an attraction’s tent right behind it so she only had to look out for any suspicious characters from one way. Lex sat down, tipping the rim of her purple hat up and pulling her red painted lips into a smile as she sipped the cold beer. Beautiful. It was the first time she felt kind of comfortable since she left Goldenrod City. She made sure her long, red hair wasn't a mess and even let her shoulders relax and her mind stay present, savoring the warm corn dog and cold, refreshing beer.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 6:56:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Somehow, Fernando had allowed himself into being goaded into attending the Lunar Festival. It had been a small price to pay in order to get to cooperate with some of her tasks. If a small allowance of his time was enough to coerce her into reinforcing some of the network administrator's best practice, then it was time he was willing to spare. Overall, he saved more time indulging in this than doing it himself, hence his initial openness to such a request.

However, he can only distract himself with so many games.

He wins several but every time he loses, that would earn a rebuke from her. Even when she also loses at the same games. So, like the great stones of Mauville's desert, his patience erodes with time. When enough people funnel into one of the fishing game stalls, he promptly abandons her, lost in the crowd.

He manages to lose her when he dips into one of the adult fashioned tents, taking the breather to buy himself some Sake to make enduring this trip a bit easier. He gets two bottles, piping hot to the touch, along with a six pack of Johto branded beer. It's easily too much but Fernando has never been known to be conservative when flustered.

With a sigh, he takes a seat at the only open bench, content with somewhere out of sight.

"This spot taken?"

Fernando's wearing a sport cap and well bundled with a hoodie for the January weather. Some may be able to discern his identity from what's showing from his face but it's not unusual for others not to. He tries to be discrete but a discerning eye and good attention to his face would say otherwise.

"I bought too much if splitting this helps my case."

One of Hoenn's richest and staple politician offers to split a case of bottled beer and warm sake with a complete stranger.

All because of one brat.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 3:15:02 GMT
 Lex let her guard down. Rookie mistake. Next thing Lex knew she was pulled out of the bliss that was her corn dog by the soft shudder of the picnic table as a strange man sat down across from her after setting a full 6 pack and what looked like saki bottles between them. Lex was cautious. Her amber eyes quickly scanned what she could make out from his appearance and demeanor, studying him like the cover of an old book. She swallowed the bite of corn dog she had in her mouth and sat up straight. He seemed calm, a tad exhausted maybe. Not physically exhausted, but mentally. He didn’t seem like a threat but that’s what they wanted you think. It would be ludicrous to run now, not to mention suspicious if this wasn’t some sort of hitman.

“Need a little liquid boost to make it through all… this, huh?” she vaguely motioned to the excitement around them. Lex was pretty good at reading people, it was part of her job but still a skill she was not close to mastering. It wasn’t a hard deduction to make, though. A man by himself off in the corner of a festival with more than just a casual drinks worth of booze. You could also assume he wasn’t here by himself or else he wouldn’t be here in the first place . . . unless he worked here maybe. That was probably it.

See, she wasn’t that good at reading people. Perhaps if she had been in Hoenn longer than a few days and was less focused on her own imploding world she would have recognized the CEO of Silph Co. sitting with her. Instead, she thought he was a carnival worker looking for a little fun after his shift, “Well, we better drink that before it gets cold then,” she motioned to the steaming saki bottles with her half eaten corn dog before smiling, “It’s pretty damn cold out here,” Lex took another bite and waited for him to pour.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 4:37:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Something like that,” he laughs softly, as if this was another string of small talk made to break the otherwise awkward silence that would follow. “But I’ll drink to that.” There’s a bit of preppy cheer behind it if only because Fernando acts a bit different on purpose. Not a world class actor by any means, he still knows enough to placate others in his societial circle.

He pulls out a pocket knife that he uses as a makeshift bottle opener, topping two bottles off in succession before setting the knife next to the sake bottles. “You drink them straight or together?

As if to demonstrate, Fernando pulls out two styrofoam cups slipped into the end of his little six pack carry-on and pours a little more than a shot of sake into it. Next, he follows it off with about the same amount of beer, eyeballing it roughly, before offering up the empty cup to her.

It won’t bite back the cold as good but it feels more refreshing together. Sake bombs were always popular whenever I visited Azalea town.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 5:57:46 GMT
He seemed to pep up a bit when she agreed to help him with his impulsive purchase. Maybe all he was after was a little company. Lex set down her corn dog and pushed it aside. Fernando had her full attention now.

Lex tensed when he pulled out the pocketknife. She involuntarily leaned back a bit, wary of the object he had now set down beside the sake. Why wouldn’t he just put it away? Why leave it out? Was she looking too much into this simple and meaningless gesture…

You drink them straight or together? Her eyes moved from the pocketknife back to his and she grinned playfully, “I love where your head’s at. If you didn’t bring up sake bombs, I was going to,” and she certainly wasn’t a stranger to them.

The redhead leaned forward again, reaching a slender hand for one of the drinks but the next phrase caught her off guard, “Azalea Town,” she repeated quickly, cautiously moving the drink towards her, a small tremble in her voice. Shit, maybe he was from Johto. Was this some sort of discrete sign? She had a job once in Azalea stealing Charcoal from the kiln. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it though, “Do you, uh, travel to Johto much?” she pried. Lex held the drink up to toast her new drinking buddy, as was proper drinking etiquette, before doing the sake bomb.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 6:29:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Here’s to the Lunar New Year.

They match cheers and Fernando downs it in one sitting. The bubbly texture of the beer kills the bite of the Sake, as little as it is, while giving it a more liquor flavor than the typical piss poor quality of stand-side beer.

By no means. I used to visit it when I was a kid but I’m from Kanto. Gives you an appreciation for eastern culture.

Fernando pours another of his own first, before gesturing toward her for another. All the while, he suspects nothing.

Eliard, but you can call me Eli.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 2:28:04 GMT
 Lex’s tapped her cup against his, “Yes, to the Lunar New Year. May it be better than the last,” she tacked on to the end. The thief finished her drink in one go too, smiling as she set the cup down, “Woo! Haven’t had one of those in a while,” she admitted as the subtle bitterness of the sake hit the back of her throat.

So he didn’t visit Johto much, that was a relief. Still, Lex was wary. But she was beginning to like this stranger more as he started to pour himself another round. Lex nodded when he silently asked if she wanted another, pushing her cup forward for easier access. You never just did one Sake Bomb.

”Nice to meet you, Eli,” she repeated, testing the name on her lips, “I’m Penelope, but you can call me Penny,” she lied, “So if you’re from Kanto, what brings you to Hoenn? Do you live here now?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 10:40:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The liquor pours out as do the lies.

I immigrated over here when Kanto went to shit. I lost both my parents to Rocket so didn’t have much reason to stay. Might as well move onto greener pastures.” The sake bottle settles against the table and Fernando pulls his shot closer to his body, holding it at medium height, gesturing for another cheers.

It’s a bit sad but nothing more than the usual. Hoenn has its own slight of issues but I’ve grown to love it here.

Some of its true. Some of it is a lie. To those that know Fernando, the biggest one is how he feels about Hoenn and its people.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 19:43:44 GMT
 Lex drew her cup back towards her once it was full again and returned the cheers before downing it slower than the first as he told her a bit about himself. Yeesh, sounded like a dramatic and rough life, "Yea, I hear Kanto went to shit," she stated matter-of-factly, "I've never been over there tho so I wouldn't have much to compare it too," The redhead fidgeted with the cup in her hand, thinking of the consequences of a Team Rocket takeover. It brought back a thought she had brewing in the back of her mind since she met Flynn. An organization like Rocket was bad news, but it brought a certain air of respect in her world; A world where bad guys were after her life and you needed even worse people on your side to scare off the other ones. Flynn offered to introduce her to someone, she may have to take him up on that.

She brought her attention back to the conversation, "I just moved here, only been here a few days. Seems alright so far but I haven't made it past Slateport so..." she shrugged with a small chuckle. Lex really didn't have much to judge. She ways almost mugged in an alley but things could be worse, "Since you've been here a while, gimme some advice. What's the best hidden gem around here? Where should I go next?" She didn't have a plan. Her next stop may be a secret Rocket HQ the way things were going but maybe she could check out one more place before dipping back into the world of underground crime.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 22:12:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Oh?"

In the face of someone familiar, Fernando would at least attempt to hide his way of speaking, of straying away from normal diction and mannerisms. But Lex is just another civilian and one he doubts he'll encounter frequent enough to tie one and one together.

"Well, if you're new here, you'll need more than just this. To be frank, you probably should have stayed where you were."

It's an obvious jest, saturated with forced laughter, but the grain of truth is large enough to shine some light on Hoenn's recent events. The Ultra Beast War, he numerous tragedies and botched disasters that plague the region— why someone would immigrate? He can only guess.

"If I had to suggest somewhere." He puts a moment of thought before sneering. "Rascal's is about the rowdiest bar you'll find in Slateport. There's the Battle Tent as well, if you're into that. Otherwise, Mauville and Lilycove are the places to be."

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 2:53:33 GMT
 She seemed to have peaked his interest. Lex had a vague idea of what had been going on around Hoenn lately, “Honestly wasn’t my first choice, but anywhere is better than Goldenrod City” she laughed lightly with him at his jest. Her lips were becoming a bit looser as the buzz of the two Sake Bombs started to lighten up her mood. Geez, she was turning into a light weight, how embarrassing.

“Rowdy bar, huh?” There was a dry distaste in the words. Normally that might be something Lex was into if put in the right mood but at the moment she much preferred the peace and quiet, “I’m more of a dive bar kinda girl, myself,” she admitted, using it as an opening for a new suggestion.

It was Lex’s turn to pour. Her eyes met his and her lips twitched into a smile. They drifted towards his cup and the Sake, asking permission to pour them both another Sake Bomb.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 3:25:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando laughs at her tone. “Rascal’s is a dive bar, I think,” he explains. It may be small but the place is always packed with the more ‘legally’ degenerate alcoholics known to Hoenn. It helps that the environment encourages, as long as newcomers warm up to the atmosphere before joining in.

There’s a reason for it’s namesake.

If you’re looking for something quiet and cozy, can’t think of anywhere in Slateport. Lilycove has the Kaleidoscope thought.

He lets out a humble ‘hmph’, nodding slightly when they break eye contact in lieu of their cups. He accepts it in earnest but keeps his eyes on her hands at all times. It’s nothing about her in particular, just a good habit built from a more dangerous time.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 23:30:50 GMT
 Nowhere in Slateport for a quiet, peaceful drink? That was disappointing. However, it was the New Year and with festivals and celebrations happening nearly every day she shouldn’t expect there to be a quiet corner of town. As far as she could tell, Slateport wasn’t really known for being quiet anyway. Perhaps it was time to move on and try to find a more suitable place to settle. And much as she wanted to though, Slateport was ripe for the picking with for a thief like herself.

“Lillycove, huh?” she made a mental note of the name of the bar. It was an interesting name and she wondered where it came from.

Eli silently agreed to another. Lex casually reached across the table to acquire the necessary ingredients. There wasn’t quite enough beer for two more, so she popped open another using a key she pulled out of her pocket.

Once she was finished she slide his cup back over to him, “Cheers” she raised her cup and finished the contents with ease, “So, Eli, what do you do? You work here?” the hand with the now empty cup motioned to the festival around them. It suddenly became quite apparent to her that she was asking a lot of questions perhaps he didn’t want to answer. Did he just want to sit in quiet and share a few drinks? It seemed unlikely. If he didn’t want company, he would have just sat by himself.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:14:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Another nod of thanks shows his appreciation for her hospitality, no matter how slight. “I work at the local Gym, actually,” he laughs with a slight touch of enthusiasm. “I help take care of the Gym Leader’s Pokemon and help handle his appointments from time to time.” This one isn’t as far-fetched of a lie if only because it’s true.

They’re on the last beer and there’s enough sake left for two more rounds each. Shotgunning through them so quickly makes it hard for the alcohol to really get a hold but the red tinge to Fernando’s nose bridge flushes as clear as day.

How about you? What do you do?

Simple. Innocent. But ineptly curious.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 16:27:06 GMT
 Lex was honestly impressed by his answer. She had never really learned to battle or had a natural talent for it. It was in her nature to slip away and run rather than use brute force to get through a situation. Honestly, that was really the only understanding of battling she had: it was all about brute force. She never took into consideration she could use stealth and speed as a means towards victory, “Wow, that’s really cool,” she followed up, raising her brows, “You must be really good at battling then to work at a gym.”

She expected him to follow up with a similar question. She had given a lot of thought as to what she would tell people she did beforehand, “Nothing as exciting as working at a gym,” she shrugged her shoulders, “I was a personal executive assistant. You know, all the boring scheduling, managing, and organizing for rich folks,” she waved her hand to emphasize how boring it was. It wasn’t a complete lie. She was a personal assistant of sorts for a rich guy. But instead of managing a schedule she snuck into places she didn’t belong, stole stuff, and learned secrets at his request, “I hated it so I moved here and right now I’m . . . exploring my options,” she smiled, using that as a fancy way to say “unemployed”.