awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 3:52:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I told you I would.

It’s about time he’s paid up. As promised, Fernando finally takes Kyle out for drinks. This time, there are no interruptions or inopportune ‘plus ones’ to crash their scheduling. It’s a shame they couldn’t grab the other participants from the Pokeathalon but adding more people would only delay them more.

The bar in choice is ’s favorite: the Kaleidoskull. It’s not particularly busy despite being a Friday night but that’s on purpose. Whether or not his read is correct, Fernando never fancied Kyle as for someone who enjoys the limelight and being situated in a crowd. With both of their faces well known due to their infamy, this bar offers a recluse for them to unwind and talk shit.

Whatever you want. It’s on corporate.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 4:08:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-i'll just take beer for now."

he motions for the bartender for it, though it didn't look like he needed to reiterate his choice since he was listening. he waits for fernando's order before he moves in to prepare it for them.

"i was memeing. you don't really have to," he tries to tell fernando before he takes a glance at the menu. alcohol wasn't really his thing, but he supposed he can't deny hospitality of someone ranking higher than him.

he calls for the bartender again and hastily adds, "maybe an order of calamari too."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 4:21:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Vegas bomb. Two. Crown Royal.

Fernando opts for a mixed shot of Red Tauros and some low shelf Unovian whisky. It’s quick to serve but no where near as fast as uncorking the top of a bottle of beer. When served, Fernando slides one over to Kyle. The implication is an order, not a suggestion. Time for him to eat up all those passive aggressive comments and looks (they’re really not but they come across that way, unless?).

Don’t be humble, Lopez. That was contract work. Corporate pays and it always pays well.

Fernando pauses, shooting a glimpse at the menu but avoiding ordering for now. The munchies always comes after, once his face is painted red and his thoughts become more distant.

Speaking of which, what are your plans after all of this? After you get tired of being an Elite?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 4:33:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's only drank a sip of his bottle when fernando hands him a drink. his history with alcohol do not always end well, but this was the point of no return. he places the bottle on the table and shifts to hold the stronger of the alcoholic drinks.

"plans after elite four... i can't say i have those."

his eyes were concentrated on the drink. he steels himself before finally taking a swig. the liquid warms him up quick, and as much as he's resilient against most beating, he hasn't built much resistance on being inebriated.

"i guess slateport pd's always there, but, like, i think i'm like halfway there for an early retirement if i live off of ramen noodles since i saved a bit."

he shifts his eyes to fernando. "i'd think about it if you're planning to recruit me for your company or something," he teases with a playful smirk.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 4:44:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando kills his in a single shot. Considering the energy drink added on, it tastes much better than any other shot he can think of. That alone lets him swallow it without the typical bite but he still ends up shaking his head in distaste.

Beer too, please. Hoongie, if you have it.

Fernando turns back to Kyle and smirks. “If you expect pay to be a night out with me, that might be a bit difficult, but if you’re in it for the money, we pay on time and we pay well. At least, I do.

The sound of another beer bottle being opened perks his attention but it ends up going to someone else a few stools over. Fernando’s head returns to eye level and looks to read Kyle’s reaction.

You heard about and what she’s doing?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 5:43:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he finishes the rest as fernando inquires him about a previous colleague.

"cait? last time i saw her was during at the warfront on mauville. i haven't really gotten any news about her since then. what's up?"

he's not certain about the direction of the conversation now. the last time he saw her though she seemed fine, though none of them brought up the thing about his cosmog. he wondered if bringing that up will get something in the conversation, but he decides to let fernando state his intentions before jumping into conclusions.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 5:51:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Yeah. She’s pretty much retired. ‘Reserves’ if you will but that pretty much means don’t call her unless shit gets real.

The beer comes around and Fernando brings it close to him, not quite drinking from it yet.

She quit because she wanted to settle down. Finish her education, get married, raise a family, start a farm from her hundred or so Pokemon, give or take. An acceptable end but one that requires more money than she makes from her breeding and whatever else she does.

The calamari comes out and Fernando gives a nod of thanks, taking the chance to taste a sip of his beer.

I put her on Silph’s payroll to sit on her ass until I need her. It’s contractual, so she’ll have to come when I give the call, but a fair deal for only having to jump when her own life is in danger. Wouldn’t you agree?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 6:03:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that does sound better than my position..." he muses.

he's supposed to get thrown in the fray when the safety region is concerned, alongside other responsibilities such as accepting challengers, keeping up public appearances, the occasional paperwork and making sure gyms are compliant with their challenges.

on one hand, cait's position seemed to be more advantageous, though the title alone gives him enough liberties to work with without it being explicit in his job description.

"are you saying that i should get an education too?" he asks as he takes a piece of his snack before downing it with beer. "does she get to cut some lines too if she mentions her position though?" he asks cheekily, fingers forming a scissor motion.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 6:13:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando rolls his eyes before going for a swig of his beer. Two gulps later and he can feel the coldness pervade his holding hand. “I mean, consider it for when you decide to retire, whenever that is.

He debates going straight to the topic but decides to considering how open Kyle seems at the moment. “Being an Avatar doesn’t require a trainer to be intelligent. Some of these choices have proven, questionable, in recent times. It would be nice to be able to rely on a set of trainers I can trust, whatever the cost.

He waves for the bartender again, this time ordering two shots, straight.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 10:51:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he'd consider it, but... "if i don't get sick of battles by the time i retire, sure," he completes his thought out loud.

he sips his beer as he lets fernando's words settle on him. it was like him trying to decipher what motives fernando has and to what direction he was trying to swing the conversation to.

"yeah, that is kinda nice." kyle still tries to connect being an avatar to whatever a silph payroll is and then getting a college education. "what does that have to do with me?"

the straightforwardness gets attributed to kyle being tipsy from a few drinks.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 13:06:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]…?

Fernando tilts his head questioningly, unsure if Kyle is fucking with him. Either way, the best case scenario is to ask him outright. “I want you to work for me if and when you quit working for the League. Same conditions as Alfric give or take what you want acceptable.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 13:19:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the bartender gives fernando the shots he had asked for, with kyle snatching one of up immediately. he downs one of them straight to his throat, the burning sensation remaining as he feels a wave of numbness wash over him.

there's too much thinking involved on how he masks his words with the topic. kyle decides to just take away any kind of semblance on conscious wording of his statements with alcohol.

"what's the difference between my position now and that?" from what he understood, the elite four were the reserve corps for when shit hits the fan anyways. "shouldn't i still be required to come at a moment's notice from a direct order from the council?"

he slumps over the counter. "i'd probably move away from hoenn if i ever decide that i'm sick of my work anyways so i probably won't be take that offer anyways. there's only so much bullshit i can take, you know," he confesses

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 13:29:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Only now does Fernando entertain the plucking feeling of wanting to munch on something. He grabs a piece of calamari sticking out closest to him, careful to let the greasy morsel touch the least amount of skin possible, and plopping it into his mouth.

I pay better. You’d be getting orders from me and only me, as opposed to someone like , should the occasion ever arise.

Polishing off his beer proves easier than he expected and it draws out the conversation.

All of this hinges on the fact that I presume I retire from Council before you retire from Elite Four.

His refusal is disappointing but Fernando smiles anyway.

Oh? Like what? What bullshit have you had to handle. What would push you over the edge?

There’s a teasing twist to it but goading Kyle into shit talking is always a good time. Or at least historically, at least.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 13:49:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle looks at fernando in the eye as he lazily reaches out for calamari while slumped on. he chews on it as he gives out his answer to fernando.

"getting punched in the face for suggesting a logical solution to make sure the victim's alive, having a bomb explode on you while you're neutralizing the subject and then pinning a feat you didn't do to your name so remnants have a target, to name a few."

he feels like for his entire year and a half of service in the league as an elite four, he received much more shit than he did his entire life. most of those weren't even directly his fault, but wallowing on it wouldn't do much.

"i like to think of it as character development for when i snap. do you think i'll make a good final boss?"

[/quote]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 6:43:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“And that’s where you went wrong. Having a public job means that you’ll never get replaced as long as you don’t fuck up. If you went private— if you went Silph, you’d never have to deal with this. That or you could hit them back, if you’re into that.

It’s a minor laugh but still one that’s exchange between pushing his empty bottle away and waving the bartender for another order of shots.

If you snap, I’m the one moving regions. You or Cooper, anyway.

There are few people Fernando fears. For Kyle, it isn’t so much as fear as opposed to embracing the tragedy of losing him. But is a head above. Mostly because her avatarship is public. As for Kyle, he holds too many secrets, ones that Fernando has no clue about, while others he saves for later rather than confront him now.

But it’s a thought. You should consider it when you get older. Consider it a retirement plan.

Speaking of retirement reminds him of his own. His thought linger on Kim before transitioning, “You plan on settling down and having kids like ?