6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 4:11:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he hadn't thought of a retirement plan this early in his life. he likes procrastination and taking things one at a time and wonders if it was all corelated with each other.

"not really. not yet, at least. i'd consider it though. do people really think about their retirement plans at twenty-five?"

he is content with his current living conditions with noah. he'd adjust some here and there, but he hasn't thought about anything drastic just of yet. any idea that noah had thrown at him were simply considered instead of being worked to reality because he can't be bothered to change anything yet.

"i like to think i get along with kids, but i'm not sure about having them. would you get kids?"

kyle assumes not.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 4:28:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.” He has him there. In the corporate world, a retirement plan is essential. The moment benefits kick in, the talk about 401Ks come through. How much should you divest from your paycheck? IRA Roth or Traditional Roth? Common place ice breakers for devout suits who lack the trainer’s fortitude of seeking fortune through adventure and uncertainty.

Fernando reminds himself he comes from a different world. Lopez is no college graduate eager to make something of themselves after four years of indentured servitude. Who he talks to is an ex-officer who lives on the streets, laden on an administration who will handle those kind of entitlements later, once he’s paid his dues with years of service.

In this region? With two wars in the past two years, you’d be silly not to. Work hard, work fast, and get the hell out of danger.” Finger points at him to drive the point home. The council member knows to keep his personal space, unwilling to brush his knuckles against the others jaw, but uses the gesture to reinforce the gravity of his words.

Kyle assumes right.

Some people aren’t suited for being parents. I know myself well enough to know I wouldn’t prefer it.

Fernando pauses, reclining, as if deep in thought.

Why commit to something for eighteen years when I can piggyback off those closest to me? Visits are fine, but staying? Respectfully, no.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 17:28:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's not certain how the conversation went to having kids, but the effects of alcohol got kyle to latch on it as he loses any form of awareness with the situation.

"are you saying that you'd be a godparent for my child if i do have one?" he teases, smirk raising an end of his lip upwards. "i might not have to worry for college tuiton then."

he chuckles before taking another swig of beer. kyle doesn't slam the mug, but the lack of finesse is evident with how he places it at the counter.

"who's going to inherit your company then? are you adopting someone for it too?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 1:21:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Are you saying we’re close?” His retort is as quickly snapped as is Kyle’s tolerance. By now, Fernando still feels fine, brushing off the warm tingling in his arms as nothing more than a need for another drink.

I’ll do it, if you work for me.” It comes off jokingly but it’s anything but. Fernando’s adamant about acquiring talent and sometimes he doesn’t know when to let up. For now, passive aggressively mentioning it every seconds will do, so long as Kyle doesn’t put his foot down when Fernando’s jokes cross a certain, unknown boundary.

Ha, ha,” he joins along drily. “I’d tell you but that’d be considered insider trading. Wouldn’t want you audited now would we? Can’t imagine you to be the type to keep your every receipt.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 14:26:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
were they close? kyle only assumes yes, if only because of his judgement from previous experiences with the councilman.

"come one. you've told me stuff that's too personal than subjective before. that accounts for something, right?" there's smiling, brought upon lightheadedness. "am i wrong?"

he tries to evade the question about his future employment like an internet person being forced to face the consequences of his actions. he shrugs it off and makes a very shallow reflection on the other topic.

"fair enough. it's not like i'd be able to use that information in the future anyways."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:18:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.” Fernando laughs brazenly now that Kyle accepts it and turns the point back on him. “I just never thought I’d hear you admit it. I guess that means it’s everyone but you that hates me,” he teases on their long-ended gag.

The time between sips finally sets in and Fernando looks around, before back at Kyle.

You good for another or are you done?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 19:29:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he slumps on the counter. although he did finish the drinks that fernando may have forced on him, it was at the cost of the clarity of his mind.

"i... i'm done," he says, waving his hand weakly before it falls back to his side.

his lids feel heavy. there's a sudden wave of fatigue that comes with the inebriation that makes it difficult for kyle to bring himself up. that, and his natural laziness only gets kyle lose motivation to actually move.

"can you call me a cab? i don't think i'm... feeling good..."

he's not made for drinking, clearly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 10:13:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm? Already?"

When he had said done, Fernando expected nothing more than a break. At worst, Kyle would taper off and dwell on his buzz. But this exceeds his expectations. Watching the Elite Four give in, causes Fernando to laugh airily before giving him a soft pat on the back. "Tsk, tsk," he taunts for good measure while pulling out his phone.

"Put it together, Lopez. I'll drive you home."

More like his Porygon but that's for another time. Beep boop.

At the end of the night, Kyle makes the second Elite Four to have make him uneasy about barfing in his car. Thankfully, his peak human conditioning lets him keep it in until it's no longer his problem.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
NOMIKAI
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 2:16:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: