Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Belief and Cleanliness [BB/O]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 21:25:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida's local "shrine" was as clean as ever, perhaps even more so. New Year was supposed to be something special, and she hoped the local area would appreciate it (after meeting and his legendary near it, Kaida was more convinced than ever that something dwelled within, and took this very seriously). [break][break]

It was only natural to her to move on to the local Outskirts, flanked by Muspel and with Ormr wrapped around her neck. Rattata scattered at their feet, chased by Muspel away from the dilapidated buildings. It was a mass cleaning she decided, of both grime and...undesirables. The Pokemon should leave because living here was no life, the human criminal life should leave before they hurt anybody. [break][break]

To that end, she released two more Pokemon, smiling fondly at the two almost children, a sweet Toxicitry and giant Feraligatr. "We're cleaning today, Bragi, Jotun." Their faces lit up, a proper chance to use their powers, "If you meet anybody bad, we clean them away too...its New Years, people have to be good today." [break][break]

She wasn't expecting anybody else today, it was the New Year, they would be spending time with friends and family...at least she thought.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Mission Swept Under the Rug!

[attr="class","tag"]@open

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 20:57:12 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar
 Lex had gotten use to the outskirts of Slateport. The thief was settling in nicely to the underground and she strangely found the subtle filth of the area charming. It was a city, and in this city, she was well-hidden among the normal rabble. It gave her a sense of comfort. Although she didn’t have any formal jobs quite yet, she found it easy to get by preying on the wealthier ones that found themselves in the darker parts of town. With the more high-class bars of the city only taking reservations and jacking up prices, the rowdy dive bars in this part town attracted everyone this time of year. New Year new you and all that jazz.

To be honest, this was one of her favorite times of the year. People were loose with their wallets and lips from the safety of an alcohol buzz. It didn’t take much time the night before for the redhead to befriend a few belligerent strangers and swipe the cash they had on hand before disappearing back into the crowds and dull light of the dive bars. Was it really stealing if they didn’t notice it was gone, though? Her three victims were quite drunk by the time she met them; they probably wouldn’t even remember their short, sweet time together.

But today was a new day, a new year, and a new Lex. She certainly had a lot to sweep under the rug from her previous life in Johto. Though she anxiety of a hitman always weighed heavy on her shoulders, she found herself a little less paranoid now that she as becoming more comfortable with the city. In fact, she was comfortable enough today to venture out in daylight. There was barely anyone on the streets. She assumed most were nursing hangovers or still sleeping.

Lex sipped the strong cold brew coffee she got from the deli beside the shady hotel she was shacked up at. It was . . . ok. Definitely mediocre. The lack of people left Lex distracted by her phone. She was scrolling through new from Johto when she turned a corner and ran right into . Lex gasped, dropping the phone and trying to save the full coffee in her hand from spilling all over the poor girl. It was too late though, half the cup of the dark liquid sloshed out of the vessel, landing on the white v-neck she wore beneath a black leather jacket, “Oh shit! I’m am so sorry!” she exclaimed, taking a step back and finally looking up at the woman and the troupe of large, intimidating pokemon she had with her. Lex’s eyes flashed between the intimidating Feraligatr, Toxicitry, and other pokemon. The woman’s eyes reflected the cautious stance she took, ready to flee if the pokemon decided to make her a snack for running into their trainer.

TL;DR: Lex basically runs into , spilling her cold brew coffee on herself and possibly Kaida. She is intimidated and ready to bolt after seeing all the intimidating pokemon following her. RIP Lex

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 23:48:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida's own focus was so absolute that she didn't notice the sound of smaller footsteps over the booming sounds of her two far larger Pokemon's footsteps. Instead, she turned around just in time to receive a big bump, nearly tumbling back if only out of surprise. Coffee sloshed out of the woman's cup, and the Ekans around her neck hurriedly blocked some drops with his own body, hissing at the burn. [break][break]

At her side, Bragi the Toxicitry launched forwards, hands outstretched to catch the phone, squealing in shock. At the same moment, Muspel and Jotun the Charizard and Feraligatr rushed back, equally worried by the hiss of Ormr and the woman's apology. [break][break]

"Ormr!" She cried out, momentarily ignoring the offered apology to seize the serpent and tear him off her neck, swiping the dreaded coffee off the Ekans...burned, but nothing special. Thank Arceus. Behind her, Jotun and Muspel loomed, almost completely ignoring the woman in favor of looking after their smaller teammate. Instead, Bragi made the first move, offering back the phone with a friendly chirp...Kaida didn't seem angry, so that meant she could offer this back! [break][break]

Indeed, Kaida wasn't angry, but irritation did enter her eyes as she handed her Ekans to her Feraligatr, hoping the cool scales would ease some of the burns. "It's fine." She almost snapped, looking over the stranger. "Why do you look...scared?" She could recognize a stance ready to run, and the serious woman couldn't think it was her own menagerie of Pokemon causing the caution.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"] @[Alexandra Briarwood]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 1:16:20 GMT
 It all happened so fast and this trainer’s pokemon were on it. The Ekans draped over the woman moved quickly to block the cold brew from staining the stranger’s clothing by sacrificing his own comfort. Arceus, they must be well-trained. His hiss of discomfort surprised Lex and her stomach dropped. Fuck. Not only did she run into the trainer, she has now harmed her pokemon.

As suspected, Kaida’s reaction was first for her pokemon’s well-being then directed towards Lex. Even with what happened to her Ekans, she didn’t seem too angry. Annoyed probably, but not angry. The redhead stood a little straighter once Kaida asked the next question. Was she serious?! Lex gave her a quizzical look for a moment, glancing from Kaida to her pokemon, “I guess I’m just not use to so many uh – big pokemon in one place,” Lex relaxed, “And… you know,” she made a vague gesture towards their surroundings, ”Outskirts,” she said matter-of-factly. It seemed clear none of them meant any harm, though. In fact, the Toxtricity reached towards her with her cell phone in hand. Lex took it from the pokemon, “Thanks, you’re real quick,” speed and agility were qualities she admired in a pokemon.

Lex gave the phone a once over before sticking it safely into her back pocket, “I’ll keep that there from now on,” she jested, flicking the corner of her lips into a smile

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 20:14:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida's curiosity quickly evolved into a hot irritation, sniffing like what the woman said was one of the dimness things she ever heard. "They would never hurt you without me ordering it." Nevermind the fact that, had she ordered it, it would have not been in words and thus been completely unknown to the woman. "Besides," She thought for a second before continuing, "It wouldn't be a very good attack out here in the open...we'd be hiding." Yes, because that made this situation better...somehow. [break][break]

She clicked her tongue, calling the Toxicitry back, "Yeah, she's a good girl...Brago doesn't really like to see people break things." She supposed she understood, helpful thing going to waste because someone dropped it was a rather sad affair. [break][break]

Ormr recovered slowly, sucking in a breath a Stockpile, then promptly Swallowing it. Helpful for endevours such as this, though she was still angry the snake had gotten burned in the first place. "Careful not to break anything else." She grumbled, turning to Jotun and signaling the gator to continue, "And don't get too near, we're cleaning."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 21:27:13 GMT
 Well, that didn’t go over well. The woman seemed even more irritated by Lex’s honesty as to why she was nervous. I guess it was understandable to be upset about someone just assuming you and your pokemon meant them harm. Being the non-confrontational person Lex was (especially in the shadow of four large pokemon) she just went along and agreed with Kaida, “Yea, that was just silly,” she laughed, motioning to her cold brew, “Obviously haven’t finished my coffee yet this morning,” she laughed lightly, too soon?

“Cleaning?” Lex repeated curiously, cleaning what? The streets? The Outskirts needed some serious love so Kaida had a huge task in front of her. Lex hesitate for a moment before calling after the girl as she began to walk away, “I think that’s great, very . . . selfless of you. I'll help, what's first?” Lex wasn’t necessarily looking for something to do but she had nothing to do so offering her assistance was both a way to keep her busy and perhaps make up from her blunder with the cold brew coffee.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 20:21:21 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

She frowned, scratching at her head. "Selfless?" Her voice was small, like the word were unknown to her. "Ah, no,, that's wrong." She explained, shaking her head, "It's just...my family, they live near here." She motioned vaguely to her Pokemon as she spoke. Really, it was mostly Jotun's job, a water-type being far more able to actually clean the area. [break][break]

The rest? Well, they were good muscle in case they stumbled up undesirables. [break][break]

"So I have to do this...it also keeps, well, bad people away, if we make the place hard to live in." If the place was difficult to properly do criminal activities in, then they tended to stay away, choose different places to hang out in. [break][break]

"Jotun mostly takes care of cleaning." She explained, gesturing as the gator happily blasted filth encrusted streets, "We mostly just chase away Rattata and other Pokemon...don't hurt them though." She firmly laid down that particular rule, if this one was going to help, that was all Kaida asked. "I'm Kaida, who're you?" She couldn't just call her "you", could she?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 2:32:19 GMT

It made more sense why Kaida was cleaning up the area after she explained it. Lex nodded along, “I see,” she said in understanding. Lex didn’t really have much love for the Outskirts. Sure, it was her “first home” here in Hoenn but she was eager to move on and get the hell outta here.

Lex walked along with the strange group, keeping pace with Kaida and watching the large Feraligatr literally blast the streets clean. She looked over at Kaida when the young woman mentioned “bad people”. Lex didn’t consider herself a bad person, but she certainly partook in some . . . questionable activities. It didn’t occur to her, though, that Kaida was referring to criminals like her.

Reaching to her belt, Lex plucked a pokeball off of it. The top of the sphere was painted with a blue, swirling helix, “Perhaps Helix could help Jotun,” she released the pokemon in front of them. The much smaller water-type glanced back at his trainer, still fairly new to the team he seemed unsure, especially surrounded by all these pokemon. He wasn’t expected to battle all of these, was he?

“Help his clean the streets, Helix,” she motioned to the other pokemon, hoping the Omastar was smart enough to follow the other’s lead.

The Spiral pokemon crawled forward to follow the other. He watched carefully before mimicking Jotun, using Brine to help blast dirt and scum off the streets.

“Nice to meet you, Kaida. I’m Lex,” she smiled back, taking a sip of the Cold Brew that started all of this, “Have you lived here long?” she asked, assuming Kaida lived in Hoenn since she had family around here.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 6:51:45 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida gave a friendly nod to the Omastar that appeared, a near bow as she intoned, "Thank you very much." And then turned to Jotun, "Be soft, Jotun." She warned moments before she knew the gator would jump for joy at a new water spewing buddy. The gator had to occupy himself thumping his tail instead. [break][break]

Good boy. [break][break]

She noted the name Lex, desperately searching for a feature she would recognize the woman for...red hair and the fossil Pokemon were maybe things she could remember, along with the voice. "Yes...I started living here before I grew up, I think." She smiled fondly at her Pokemon, "I was just living with them before...we didn't like cities. They were a little small for us." Not to mention they were terrified of anything that wasn't a Pokemon for a while, but she wouldn't admit that. Truthfully, she could barely remember it, "...We don't really get to live here much, we have a job, but I like it here. You...do you live here too?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 17:42:07 GMT

Helix crawled along the rocky asphalt, blasting away with his Brine. It was nice to get out of his pokeball and stretch his water-blasting muscles. It was good practice, and much preferred to sitting inside his pokeball for long periods of time.

Lex was quite amused at the large alligator’s delight on his new “friend” Helix joining him in his street cleaning. The large pokemon thumped its tail like a happy Growlithe. It was just too cute for Lex to stand! The Omastar, on the other hand, had really no interest in the other water-type. He was a shy pokemon who tended to focus on his task at hand rather than get distracted. Plus, it took a lot of concentration for fossil pokemon to pull his way along the dry land.

The redhead sipped her cold brew and nodded along as spoke of her past. The way she described it, made it sound like she didn’t remember much of it, especially the earlier days. Lex found this curious, it left an aire of mystery surrounding the woman, “Oh?” she reacted when Kaida spoke of her work, “What is it you do?”

Lex shrugged her shoulders before responding to Kaida, “I actually just moved here from Johto. Only been in the city a few days. I at a local, cheap hotel until I find a more permanent place,” she vaguely motioned towards the direction of her hotel with her free hand, “I use to be an executive assistant but got sick of always catering to someone else so I quit on a whim on moved. Not quite sure what I want to do now,” it was all a half-truth, which made it easy to sound natural as she told her story . . . not that Kaida asked.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 19:45:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"We're Rangers." Kaida started to explain, slight smile evolving on her face before she wrenched it away, "It's the only job I ever wanted, so I got it." Elements of pride creeped into her voice, the woman clearly thought it was nothing but her own merit that got the job, and she intended to be nothing but the best. [break][break]

"Hmm." Kaida listened silently, eyes slightly narrowed. She knew little about the feeling of catering to others, she herself felt like she was under a good leader, but she could understand a plight of not having a home at the moment. "Anything you are good at?" She finally asked. Perhaps it was naïve to immediately try and get a "perfect" job, but Kaida didn't much care on whether it was possible to find a job for this woman, she'd still try.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 4:54:19 GMT

“Rangers?” Lex echoed, curiously glancing towards Kaida. Being new to the region, she really wasn’t too familiar with that role in the League. Considering it was the job Kaida had always wanted, it must be quite appealing. Or Kaida just had a sense of virtue and selflessness that Lex lacked.

Kaida posed the question back to Lex. The thief hesitated, pinching her brows in thought. Lex knew exactly what she was good at but she wasn’t about to go announcing it to strangers that worked for the League and held a job with the Rangers. Instead she shrugged her shoulders, “Organizing and planning stuff I guess,” it wasn’t a lie. Her job required meticulous planning and organization for it to run smoothly or else she would be in some deep shit.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 1:55:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Yes, we protect other Pokemon...fight dangers." She opened her mouth to mention the war against the Ultra Beasts and aliens, but shook her head and went silent. No reason a civilian had to know about that. [break][break]

She grunted, nodding towards "Lex", "Then I think you will be fine...I can do neither planning or organizing, but I'm here, and I'm good." She pointed towards herself with the rather self-deprecating comment. She was good with protecting others and acting fast...she couldn't be so foolish as to think that she was any good in long-term planning. [break][break]

Up ahead, Jotun was getting far ahead, and Kaida started to jog to keep up, "We have to finish this job first, and then you can get a job you like...let's go." Was that her being encouraging? Maybe, though she was already ahead to finish the job.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:11:55 GMT

Lex smiled at the compliment. It was always nice to hear someone believed in you even though Kaida didn’t know exactly what kind of shenanigans Lex got herself in to. But one thing was certain, Lex was ready to get back into the game. She was sick of the petty pick-pocketing she was forced to reduce herself to to get by at the moment.

“Right,” she smiled, agreed with Kaida. She’d be fine . . . hopefully, “Almost done, it looks like!” Lex commented, trotting after Kaida to catch up with their pokemon who continued to blast the grim away from the streets. Lex spared a glance backwards from where they had come from. A much cleaner street stretched out behind them. Although it was unlikely she would have done something like this if not for running into Kaida (literally) she couldn’t help a small sense of pride swell inside her.

Tomorrow she would leave for Mauville to meet with a man about a job. And, hopefully, she’d be back in the game.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 4:58:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: