Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 22:06:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

they made their way to fortree in the same manner they’d be spending their time there. the wind tousled lulu’s blonde hair, hydreigon’s three heads and their fanning reptilian collars cutting the harshness of the flight.

as they neared, the dragon began to descend until both of its massive feet met the ground, one by one with great, dust-pluming 'thumps'. the rocket elite slid off its back and gave it a pat before returning it to its pokeball, and heading for a nearby door. making sure by the sign that she was in the right place, she wandered in.

she’d registered as nicole jones. she’d tell him to call her nikki.

her solrock levitated closely to her.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 13:44:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was a fervor that was burning through Alexei as he decided to go through the list of those waiting for their matches to be fulfilled—and one of them was coming in today.

He caught sight of a Hydreigon approaching the Sanctuary area from the back, and knew that the next challenger had arrived. Removing the latex gloves he had on as he went to the reception area, the strong smell of disinfectant broke through the area as he quickly rinsed his hands and arms off.

“Miss Nikki?” he inquired—the receptionist wasn’t around today, currently helping with an operation in the medical bay around the area. “Thank you for coming. This way out to the back, please,” he gestured as he indicated the same door he’d come out from.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 2:19:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

a clinical smell assaulted her nostrils, and she reflexively turned in the direction to be met with gym leader alexei ivanov. his unovan accent reached her ears with a name that still felt unfamiliar, but this wasn’t apparent on her face. the identity crisis was a way of life.

she nodded. “pleasure to meet you, mr. ivanov.”

the three followed. it was a quiet and observant group, taking in the scenery.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:23:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The sound of fluttering birds would greet their ears, as a mass of flying-type (and not-so-Flying types) made their way around the open space. Some of them were hovering in mid-air, others had chosen to land on the various perches scattered around the area—

It really was an open air sanctuary out back.

He wondered what Miss Nikki was bringing to the table.

“Best of two wins,” he explained as he took up his position. “Challenger gets the first move.”

He then moved to summon one of the newer avians; well technically not so new because he wanted to give her a bit of exercise.

“Ready, there,” he said as the Swanna took front and center.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:36:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

Lulu reveled at all of the Pokemon that swirled around them above. She had few flying types—most of the pokemon in her possession that were airborne were levitators. They couldn’t hope to keep up with a bird, but they had other tricks.

When the battle commenced, Lulu simply called over, “Very well.” Without a gesture, its mind seeming to read its trainer’s to some extent, the Solrock ascended high towards the Swanna, its gravitational red eyes glowing, expressionless face hovering ever-closer as it sent out waves of CONFUSION towards the opponent.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:52:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Solrock versus Swanna—it was a little lopsided, but the Swanna was surprised enough to be caught off-guard with the sudden attack!

Letting out a shocked caw as she took the attack full in the face, she had a few moments to right her flight pattern before—

“Don’t lose your head!” he called out from his position on the opposite side of the open-air arena. “Calm down! And think!”

Taking a deep breath, the Swanna took aim and attempted to hit the incoming Solrock with a Bubble Beam attack. It had taken the first attack full-on in the face, hence the surprise before she righted herself to a more comfortable vantage point in the air.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:10:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

The waves dissipated like ripples through the air and the Solrock’s eyes dimmed a bit from their previous glow. It levitated higher, attempting to follow the Swanna’s ascent without nearing it otherwise.

When the bubbles shot out from their opponent, light suddenly shot in an instant from the solrock to the sun and back again as it generated a SOLAR BEAM in haste, attempting to use it to block the oncoming attack and potentially overpower it.

Lulu watched Alexei and the Swanna curiously, taking notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 6:45:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Go higher!” he cried out—holy shit was that a—

A powerful Solar Beam was headed their way, and the Swanna let out a cry of surprise before flying up, as fast as her wings could carry her. The attack had grazed one of her wings in the process though, and it hurt to be burned by the sun! Or, a representation of it.

“Steady, steady!” he continued, before the Swanna decided to turn the weather to its advantage—it was one shot, and she hoped that it would work!

A torrential Rain Dance then centered around the outdoor arena came crashing down, dark clouds blotting out the sun at least temporarily. Seeing this, Alexei quickly zipped up his jacket—looks like this battle was going to be a wet one.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:02:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

Lulu pulled a hood up over her head as it began raining, making less easy to see what was happening, and less easy to hear. The sky above darkened ominously. Shit.

The Solrock continued to ascend straight up, slower than the Swanna, but as fast as it could go. As it chased it through the air, it sent a PSYCHIC force through the rain at it. However, as the sky had darkened, the sun pokemon’s powers were not quite as powerful as before.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:09:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that the weather had turned towards this—there was actually a reason why the Rain Dance had come into play.

Seeing that the Solrock was still levitating in mid-air, seemingly undeterred by the sudden weather change, a rainbow blast of energy came hurtling towards the Swanna’s direction—and she took it, full on in the face again.

But she wasn’t a quitter. No, she wasn’t.

Alexei knew what was coming even before he could process it as the Swanna then whipped up a powerful blast of Hurricane-force gale winds and threw it in the Solrock’s direction! That was the reason why the weather had to change—

Would Miss Nikki notice it?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:18:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

The force of the winds blew her hood back ahead and she put a hand up to cover her face. Without wings, the Solrock was all but blown off the field, doing everything it could just to, quite literally, stay in the battle. It blew in circles, carrying it up higher, and there was little else it could do.

Lulu squinted through rain and wind up above, catching sight of her pokemon’s orange body as it was thrown about above.

“Fight it!”

Eventually, when the winds released the Solrock, it had to descend again. Its red eyes squinted through the rain for its opponent.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:22:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Swanna wasn’t expecting the Hurricane to send the Solrock literally flying through the air like a shuriken blown extremely off-course. But ow, it was hurting.

Getting clipped by the Solar Beam earlier was making her flight falter, and if she was going to go down and out with one last attack then this would be it.

Flapping her wings, she took aim, and hopefully—hopefully—would score another hit on the Solrock.

But the injured wing made her aim go off a little, causing the Air Slash to fly off wildly and left her very much open for an attack.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:28:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

Both Lulu and the Solrock continued to squint through the rain, sitting ducks to the swan who suddenly careened out of nowhere through the storm.

Just as the Solrock was bracing for the assault, it missed, and it didn’t fail to take the opportunity to sent another PSYCHIC attack at its back as it spun off course.

Lulu grinned, not quite sure exactly what had happened, but seeing that her pokemon was still kicking. “That’s it! Keep going!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:34:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He knew from experience, most Flying-types that had Water as a secondary were… incredibly squishy, with a few notable exceptions.

The Swanna let out another cry as the Psychic attack hit her full-on across her body, the Air Slash from earlier having wound up flying somewhere else and then just—

Another shriek from the avian, now falling—before a beam of red light recalled the Swanna back to safety.

“Dang, that hurt,” he said to himself, before pulling out a Lure Ball and wondering if—no, it was probably better this behemoth took it down.

“Hera, don’t disappoint me,” and with that the Gyarados was out on the field in the pouring rain.

Wasting no time, the Gyarados let out a roar, before aiming a Hydro Pump at the little spinning not-so-shuriken Solrock.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:41:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

Lulu’s eyes went a little wide at the Gyarados. The last time she’d seen one had been ’s in Johto. They had to take this one out. They didn’t them.

The Solrock was then knocked out of orbit by the Hydro Pump, spinning through the air once again.

Lulu decided to return her Solrock, being that the weather, and the geyser of water had surely weakened it. Instead, she opted to release her Klinklang. The gear pokemon rose into the sky in a similar fashion that the Solrock had, levitating without wings. LOCK-ON your target!” It cut through the rain with ease, focusing on the massive dragon so that it would not get out from under its mechanical aim, no matter what the weather was doing.