awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:43:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Had the Intimidate from earlier kicked in? Alexei didn’t know, but all he was certain was that this Gyarados was out for blood. It didn’t help that she was an incredibly bitchy Pokémon, to boot.

Either way, it was now time for her to shine—depending on the circumstances. While the rain petered out (as the original summoner was no longer out on the arena) the dual-type looked at the other Pokémon carefully, wondering what tricks it had up its sleeve.

Twister? No, not that one. It was time for—

“Be careful!” he added a few moments later as the Gyarados rushed forward, extending its maws frosted over in an Ice Fang attack!

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:47:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

The Klinklang took the hit full-on, reeling back through the air a minute, but as it did, its gears disassembled from its red body. Each gear came hurling towards either side of the serpent’s head with great precision.

“Keep on it!” She gritted her teeth through the rain, blinking through the stinging in her eyes. Hopefully the weather would clear up soon with the Swanna out of the game.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:50:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, that worked—well, it kind of did.

Seeing that the next Pokémon was one from home, he had his work cut out for him. While the Klinklang did take damage from the Ice Fang, it had—disassembled itself—sneaky little crafter!

Looking around—where had it gone, where was it?! Instead the powerful force of a blow had her roaring out of surprise as the Gear Grind hit it from multiple sides—

Holy shit!

“Hera! What did I tell you about—?!” he called out as the rain subsided and he lowered his hood. “Don’t rush in!”

But she wasn’t listening to reason anymore, and instead tried a Twister attack, she wasn’t going to stand for this, oh no. Not at all!

She was the more reckless of his avians—well, was Gyarados an avian? He didn’t know.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:52:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

The Klinklang closed in around the Gyarados, and then recoiled, remaining close for the kill. As the TWISTER was send towards it, it sent its own attack again, ZAP CANNON sending bolts of electricity through the tornado before it took over its body, sending it flying back through the air.

Lulu watched from below, fists clenched. The Gym Leader seemed to be... losing control? Strange. Her eyes were glued on the pair above, and the clash of energy. Had it been enough?

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:56:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Well, that was—wow, even if the Gyarados was more powerful than the Swanna, it clearly showed between the two Pokémon which one was the more experienced one.

Surely the Zap Cannon was more than enough to give her a resounding defeat, considering that it was in deadly close range and it was a direct hit—the Lock-On from earlier wasn’t even necessary!

“Oh my god, I am so sorry!” he exclaimed as he recalled the Gyarados back into its Lure Ball. “I just—wow,” he said, as the skies cleared up and cleared out—revealing the sun.

“She… thank you for that. No, really. I’ve had a hell of a time with her. At least my Swanna knows when to give in. My Gyarados is stubborn. She likes taking charge,” he added with a sheepish grin.

“In the face of adversity—heck, I wasn’t expecting you to bring the Solrock even, and you even managed a win despite me having the advantage—keep that analytic mind with you. Keep your bond with the Solrock. It brings courage… I can tell.”

In his hands was—

“Take it. Congratulations, Miss Nikki!”

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:58:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

GYM BATTLE

Lulu was surprised at the outcome, to be honest. She hadn’t gone in expecting to lose, but she hadn’t expected the win to come without a bit more pain in the process. She also wished she’d had the chance to see more of it.

None the less, she shrugged it off and smiled at Leader , thanking him before taking off again on her Hydreigon with her second badge in tow.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
light as air [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 8:50:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: