Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 1:56:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SACRED FIRE MISSION

beads of sweat were accumulating on her forehead. she wasn’t the only one who’d been rallied from her seat at a local business to come and join the effort to save an ancient religious shrine which had fallen victim to new year shenanigans. it seemed that after the war had taken so much of hoenn, what was left of its cultural monuments and areas were all the more important.

even lulu, who typically might have seen it only as an opportunity to make off with something valuable for rocket (which was still not beyond the realm of possibilities), had taken first to battling the flames. golisopod was out of its pokeball, using LIQUIDATION on the growing hot chaos. solrock stayed close to lulu, not interfering.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 21:09:09 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Ashes flew in the air around Skyler, leaving dark smudges where they touched her tanned skin. The groan of burning wood mixed with the crackling of wild flames, their strength blowing the sailor's hair back slightly.

There was a strange sheen to her skin due to Milotic's earlier LIFE DEW, its healing properties emboldening the sailor to step closer to the raging inferno - looking as if she were playing a game with the tongues of fire that came dangerously close to kissing her skin.

But there was something in there that the treasure hunter wanted, and she would have it.

Shadows lengthened behind her, flickering with the movement of the fire, the blonde crouching down to peer at what appeared to be a mostly empty side room. Silver eyes flickered with reflected fire when she motioned to the room with a tilt of her chin. "Krakentoa, Hydro Pump." 

The sound of breaking glass was mostly muffled by the roaring of the flames. With no hint of hesitation whatsoever, Skyler jumped over the ledge of the window and entered the burning building, a Tentacruel following soon after.

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 22:04:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: SACRED FIRE

as the smoke billowed and she was without the resources to do much but spectate, lulu looked over at just the opportune moment to catch a fleeting glimpse of someone she was sure she knew.

dross?

“stay on it.” she commanded her golisopod. boots then hit the ground, and the chase was on—and she wasn’t entirely sure why. there were several reasons, maybe. one: the captain’s fist. two: the captain’s lips. three: the captain knew where all the valuables were.

and, while she wasn’t sure what exactly she wanted to do to captain skyler dross (and that didn’t necessarily exclude murder), she was not about to let the woman die in a fire if she fucked up.

before scaling the wall to the window, she released her blaziken. “get ahead of the woman inside. block her from wherever she’s headed. go.”

without hesitation, the pokemon leapt up and through the window, its SPEED BOOST and AGILITY making it all but a blur as it found its place in front of skyler and her tentracruel.

lulu would soon appear at their rear, flanked by her solrock which levitated above.

“captain. it's good to see you, but sadly we don't have a lot of time to catch up. i'm going to need you to tell me what you're after.”

today, she would find out that they were both treasure hunters.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 22:15:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The thrill of danger had always held a strange sort of fascination for Captain Dross. It showed in the hungry gleam of silver eyes, swiftly examining the burning room around her, wholly unaware of the woman who dogged her footsteps.

Her first clue was the Blaziken.

Cursing, Skyler frantically backed up a few steps at the pokémon's abrupt appearance. Her hand immediately reached for her belt as the pounding of her heart echoed in her ears - she'd been found out. Someone had seen her climb into the burning building, had-

A voice at her back stopped her train of thought. 

"Lu?" The single syllable spilled into the scorching hot air, unbidden. Skyler spun around to meet a familiar shade of whisky amber, and the resulting shock of adrenaline that swelled through her veins felt glorious

Seemingly ignoring the blazing inferno eating away at the structure around them - as well as the barrage of memories that threatened to surface - Skyler felt her lips curl into a lazy, teasing smile. "Come to take my treasure away from me, Lu?"

Her gaze lingered for a moment over the curve of Lu's neck, until an ominous crack spurred her into action. Warm moonlit silvers flashed with intent, just as her chin tilted in challenge.

"Surf."

The single command summoned forth a wall of water that headed both for the Blaziken and for the amber-eyed woman. Seizing the distraction, the captain ducked under a fallen beam, flames licking at her skin. A crash preluded her sudden disappearance into the next chamber, the Tentacruel following behind.

● tags:
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 1:10:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she didn’t use guns anymore. only months prior, she’d been all intimidation in her work. she’d never pull the small revolver she had stuffed in her boot on skyler, even for a scare, even for the chance at a priceless ancient artifact. she’d mellowed out, if you could call it that. and, maybe there were feelings there.

and then, of course, came a challenging tilt of the captain’s chin. classic. a shock of electricity ran through her momentarily. there was a look in those silver eyes that increased the heat in the room.

she didn’t answer. she was lost for a moment. and then, something cracked. something started happening. time. reality. danger. money. commitments.

the roof was caving in.

skyler made her first escape, leaving behind several waves for lulu to deal with.

with breakneck reflexes, the blaziken leapt up and over as the captain’s command was called, to land between its trainer and the oncoming attack. it used MIRROR MOVE to send it back, the water colliding with falling bits of architecture, causing the room to fill with steam.

the three remained in pursuit, maneuvering through the hurdles, doing well enough not to get burned. blaziken went ahead, attempting to tail skyler’s tentacruel and catch any falling burning debris, much less affected by it as it cleared a path with elevated swiftness.

this worked. if skyler wouldn’t tell her where the treasure was, she’d lead her to it in the chase. and lulu would remain on her tail, vigilant, determined to be the only thing that might take the woman out.

and not for dinner.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 20:34:12 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The captain kept low to the ground to avoid the curling smoke spreading throughout the second chamber. Her breath came in short pants as she slipped around burning debris, awareness prickling over her skin at the thought of the woman in the other room.

The image of Lu giving chase had the corners of Skyler's mouth raising in a secretive, satisfied smile. When she saw a Blaziken in the corner of her silver eyes - easily eating up the distance between them - a thrill ran up her spine.

Keep up, blondie.

Whatever remained of the LIFE DEW on her skin quickly burned away into steam - but the captain barely noticed, attention caught by the sudden creaking of weakened floorboards. Calloused fingertips brushed over the ground, quickly finding the small indentations in the wood. Exactly where she'd been told they'd be.

Tentacruel was soon joined by a sharp-looking dragon. Looking up, Skyler could see an approaching Lu, flanked by her own pokémon. The slow smile that spread over the captain's lips should have been warning enough - but maybe it wasn't. Either way, Skyler wasn't slowing down.

Though she couldn't help silently beckoning Lu to follow with a motion of her index finger.

The words she spoke to Garchomp were swallowed by the roaring of the flames - but their meaning soon became clear as the dragon slammed his claws onto the ground, opening a hole through which the three of them disappeared.

● tags:
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 1:07:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the steam burned. the smoke assaulted her nose, and part of her was questioning if it was even worth it. skyler was one hell of a tough woman, and as an eye-catching garchomp pierced through the floor and allowed the party their second escape, presumably into some chamber below.

it only took the crook of the finger. lulu was competitive to a fault. it was this, perhaps, that drove lulu, now, over all, to continue following, even in the face of death.

knowing its trainer was not one to hold back, blaziken made its own intuitive decision to go down the hole first, in order to ensure lulu wouldn’t be harmed on the way down. she came down in a plume of soot, crouching, her rubber boots absorbing some of the impact. the blaziken steadied her while the solrock descended.

it was difficult to see now. blaziken used FLAME BURST to illuminate the room, careful not to set aflame any of the debris. quickly, they attempted to assess where the others were.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 16:44:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The descend was fraught with debris and dust; now that the underground chamber was open to the inferno above, small tongues of flame flickered over its wooden ceiling. It wouldn't be long, Skyler thought, before it collapsed under its own weight, bringing the temple down on them.

Not that the captain would let something like that ever stop her.

There was nothing to cushion her fall, so Skyler absorbed the impact by rolling away, letting out a small groan when something sharp sliced through the skin of her arm. Her fingers went to inspect the injury, and teeth ground together in annoyance when they came away wet - and red. The curse that was spat into the air was foul, quickly followed by a second one when Lu's Blaziken appeared not too far away from her, the burst of flame immediately giving away the captain's position.

Shit.

Skyler scrambled over dusty crates, silver eyes searching the still darkened chamber; Svernos the Garchomp stood by her side, bladed arms at the ready. A low growl escaped her at the Blaziken's approach, clearly a threat.

The glint of jade caught her eye - but then she hesitated when Lu followed after her Blaziken. Heat curled low in Skyler's stomach, a sort of breathless anticipation. She hadn't seen Lu in months, and yet... "Did you miss me so much, Lu, that you'd follow me into hell?" A secretive smile curled her lips, equal parts teasing and - daring. 

The ominous groaning of burning wood echoed in the cellar; flaming debris from the burning chamber above floated down to where they were. The flash of teeth preceded Skyler's bold step forward, fearlessly positioning herself between her Garchomp and their opponents. She didn't seem at all worried about their precarious situation, silver eyes boring into Lu's. "I'm flattered."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 5:40:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu played cards every morning to get her head right. she’d even fallen in love once playing cards. as competitive and daring as she was, she knew when to fold.

as the building bended and groaned, the time came to make a decision. that decision was that skyler was a bit too far across the room to attempt to save. with her capable pokemon, she could only hope that the woman made it out on her own.

her heart caused her to watch the woman bleed a moment longer before her much stronger survival instincts caused her to eject.

“looks like i’ll have to catch up, captain.” with that, she stepped into her blaziken’s arms and they escaped back up the hole.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 18:39:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Disappointment tasted bitter on her tongue.

Captain Skyler watched Lulu look around, perceptive eyes studying the situation in a flash. Watched the decision making, the cogs working behind sharp eyes, poking at the line Skyler had drawn, at the challenge she had presented.

Her mouth stayed shut at Lulu's parting words, silver eyes following the woman's movements sharply as she backed away and exited the room. And then the captain was a flurry of movement, stepping away to reveal what her body had hidden: Svernos chipping away at the wall, revealing soft brown earth.

The Garchomp didn't need to be told what to do. Ferocious claws worked hard, DIGging into the dirt at an alarming speed; swiftly clearing out enough earth to make a passage. 

Soon after, part of the temple collapsed amid a violent inferno. Scarred ruby-red wings flapped once, twice, and took to the air, the Salamence flying over the tops of trees with a blonde treasure hunter on its back; a glint of jade catching on moonlight as Skyler secured her spoils. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hot bodies [bb][c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 0:32:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: