the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 5:17:43 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-em]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]
never be more than a wolf

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
Forceful, hurried footsteps make their way down the hall toward the laboratories. One hand raises to push the doors open, and her golden eyes scan the room rapidly for a certain someone. In her other hand, she clutches something small and blinking, the size of a pill. It's only blinking because it's online, and that is the reason she's moving so quickly, and the reason her hand is smeared with blood.[break][break]

"Lulu? Whatever it is you're working on, I need you to stop and help me--"[break][break]

She pauses, surprising herself with her own word choice, to her own admission of weakness. But she tightens her grip on the object in her hand.[break][break]

"I need you to look at this, and quickly. It's tracking our current location, like a metal detector. I need you to stop it."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-emcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/V9ryvVY/emma-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 7:57:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

the sight of emma without blood on her would have been unexpected in the lab.

there was a tiny moment of shock as she met eyes with the beast, an alarm going off in her mind, pressing the question: ‘why did you bring it here?’ but now was not the time for questions, especially not overstepping ones.

she sprung to action. “wifi’s going down in the lab!” she called frantically. a few scientists glared at her; two grunts looked as though she’d just announced the apocalypse; someone in a lab coat scoffed and picked up their laptop and ran out of the room.

lulu grabbed the device from emma and headed to a box, much akin to a microwave, but one that produced an amount of radiation on par with a nuclear missile. following quick protocol, she inserted the blinking device, and activated the box.

moving quickly back to her desk, she somewhat violently ripped open a drawer and grabbed both a radio jammer and a jammer-type rig of her own which delivered lower frequencies under the AM spectrum. setting these close to the box and turning on both, the room was suddenly emitting a full spectrum of electromagnetic interference, and all devices within the vicinity had lost satellite signal.

turning back to emma, she stated first, “i can’t guarantee i can stop this thing if i don’t understand how it works.” this seemed insultingly obvious as it left her mouth, so she added, “i can figure it out if you give me time, and what i’ve just done should render it useless for now until i can measure what sort of radio waves it’s putting out—” she paused, looking over at the box with a hint of concern, remembering what emma had said, if that’s what it’s using. you said it's like a metal detector? she had many questions, some being how emma had deduced this, and how exactly something like that would work. as it was live and blinking, EMI came first to mind.

she breathed a sharp breath, and then asked a nerve-inducing question she wasn’t entirely sure emma would give her an answer to. “why is it covered in blood?”

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 19:25:36 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
Her tunnel vision had been so great, her fierce determination, or had it been fear? Had Emma Wolfe been too afraid that she hadn't noticed how packed the lab had been? Lulu's frantic announcement immediately clears the area, and no one even blinks. Why would they? It wasn't entirely uncommon for Emma to arrive in a room with blood on her hands.[break][break]

The device is plucked from had hand and shoved into a glorified microwave box, and Emma takes care not to engage the situation and instead to sit back and watch it all take place. She watches in some degree of quiet awe as the woman before her rummages through drawers, withdrawing two devices that she can't say she recognizes. Whether or not she can hear the signals floating around the room, and is aware of her phone quite literally dying in her pocket.[break][break]

When Lulu speaks, Emma's eyes lock onto hers, her gaze intense and attentive.[break][break]

"Yes. The closer they get with their own device, the more accurate their reading of my location is. Or at least, that is what I've been lead to belief so far. It isn't difficult to out-run them, but.."[break][break]

It was far too frustrating having to keep looking over ones shoulder. She was past this now, past the fear and the dread.[break][break]

Her attention wanders back to the box with the pill.[break][break]

"I pulled it out of my Noivern. I believe it is a black market tracking device, and they have apparently been looking for their missing dragon."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/V9ryvVY/emma-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 22:52:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

so… it was a magnet? the hacker nodded as emma continued, moving quickly again to grab a pokeball from her desk—a magnemite that had been a sort of foster and resident of the lab for a short time. she released it, and, turning off the box which had been applying the radiation, grabbed out the ‘pill’ and shut it just as quickly. she left the jammers on, for good measure.

presenting the blinking object to the hovering pokemon, she then commanded its assistance. “i need an alternating current.”

lulu then attempted to place the item on the desk, but it flew through the air and clung to the pokemon’s abdomen with a sharp ‘PING’. a shock of electricity was delivered by the startled magnemite, and the object fell to the ground unceremoniously.

lulu looked over at emma before going to pick it up, and placed it again in the radiation box, flicking back on the switch—for good measure.

she scratched her head. “i wonder what’s on the other end of it.” was it some kind of pokemon? it was a peculiar and albeit unreliable tracking method. was it to save money, or was there more to it?

curiosity was getting the better of her. it was a quinn thing, maybe. “do you want me to destroy it? or… should we figure out what it is?” she stared at the box, unsure of the severity, but as aware as any scientist that abandoning the opportunity to gain knowledge could be just as damaging as anything. not to mention, lulu was a tinkerer at heart. this was her kind of toy.

another question. “have you seen maeda?” lulu hadn’t yet touched base with her own boss since returning to the submarine. now seemed like as good a time as any to do so.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 23:37:52 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
Wherever Lulu moves, Emma's eyes trail her with astute accuracy and intrigue. Every sleight of hand, every movement, every gesture - she's picking up on all of it. The Magnemite she releases hovers close by, and, after a few command, the pill is stuck to and then dropped to the floor after a electric zap stuns it out of its magnetism - or that's how Emma reasons it.[break][break]

She had come here for help, and it seems that Lulu had been exactly who and what she needed. The finer details were irrelevant.[break][break]

"I don't know, and I'm not sure I care to find out..."[break][break]

As she says this, however, her brows crease together and her train of thought trails off. Her thought process is only further spurred when Lulu continues with the questions and next steps. She raises her hand to silence the woman while she thinks of how to respond.[break][break]

"Are you able to reverse it? Allow me to track their Pokemon?"[break][break]

There is a hunger in her eyes that even she isn't quite aware of. It fizzles, however, at the mention of . She doesn't drop her gaze, but she does regard her with a guarded stare, a complete 180 from her prior excitement.[break][break]

"He's probably holed up in his office."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 9:48:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

lulu’s interest was visibly roused by emma’s idea. “theoretically, perhaps.” she had no idea, but she was dying to try it. her eyes hovered over the box. it would be a long night.

“i’ll need some time with it.” her brain was going. she was already compiling a mental list of ideas and tests. for a moment, in the eyes, both women seemed lost to their own fantasies.

at the sudden change of attitude at the mention of her boss, a brow quirked. odd. she found herself feeling like she’d missed something. it was likely, in the two months that she had been gone. “okay.” she responded simply, deciding not to go down the road at that particular moment. even to someone like lulu, emma was an intimidating person. such a dramatic shift was unsettling.

“will you leave it with me for now?” she couldn’t imagine why the woman would want to take it back, but it felt appropriate to ask.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 17:31:49 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
The only thing Lulu had missed was a man bitter and envious in love - a love that Emma wasn't even sure he truly felt. Perhaps he had never even been in love, he had just been hurt by her inability to see through her own selfishness.[break][break]

Both of their eyes shine with excitement, the thrill of a chase not yet started. In that thrill is a bond, even if neither of them sees it at first. [break][break]

"Take as long as you need. But I will be back tomorrow to check on it- and you."[break][break]

There is an ulterior motive or reasoning behind her urgency. The longer it remained in Lulu's hands, the more imminent the danger of being discovered was. Emma wasn't certain that Lulu had disabled the tracking ability of the device and she was unwilling to let this woman - a vital player in Rocket's machinations (and Gavin's sister) be caught in her line of fire.[break][break]

But with that said, Emma does not linger further. She would be back tomorrow.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 7:52:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

As long as she needed—until tomorrow. At that moment, she could have guffawed, but aired on the wiser side and did not. She would be up all night—again. Not that she’d have it any other way. Her eyes were nearly glued to the box where the device sat, eager to pick apart the mystery.

Taking the jammer with her, she removed the tracker from the box and then moved to an enclosure similar to a faraday cage, sitting in the center of it and turning the device over in her hand. She reached into the front pocket of her coat and pulled out a magnifying lens and inspected it closer. Setting it down again, she then left the room, the door shutting with a hydraulic sigh.

On the outside, she took a reading of the field, before going in again with a gauss meter. The result was shocking. Shit.” She dropped the tracker rather quickly, stumbling back from it. Her hands came up for inspection, her face twisting a bit at the thought of it frying her nerves. “What the hell...”

Leaving to close the door behind her again, she then stared through the window at it for a time. One arm crossed over her ribs, it held her elbow, fingers drumming on her jawline in thought.

Then, something occurred to her, which perhaps was ground-breaking for Lulu. Epiphanic, even. Her hands fell in realization.

This was a pokemon’s doing.

The time she had spent with the Dragons, programming and building computers, jammers, trackers, detonators… it had all been without the help of pokemon. It had been her time in Rocket which had exposed her to the power that came with having them around. The application of it to technology was the way forward—this was suddenly clear as day. It was also a level which she had not yet explored. One of the best tech experts in the world, and her greatest resources were still untapped. No more. She could see it now. The potential. She was finally willing to relinquish some of her human need for control in return for ultimate power—for it was the only way.

She pulled a seat up to a nearby desk with several control panels and began to enter in few commands. The “cage” executed a scan of existing types of energy over a series of tests, including one for mega waves. The process took several minutes, but eventually shat out a report.

She read over it, brows raising. Ok.

One more thing.

She took a steel cutter and went to sit on the floor with it again. With one quick movement, she snapped it clean in half. Taking both ends, sharp eyes then inspected frayed copper wire.

Her coat billowed, boots clicking deliberately as she walked quickly down the hall for another lab, nearly shoulder-checking a grunt in another white coat on her way past, and grabbing him by the collar to drag him along with her. She proceeded to run the materials through several machines to determine their chemical makeup. As they gave their reports, she handed them to the grunt. “Read them to me.” He stuttered through. Lulu could be intimidating when she was on a quest.

“Alloys...” “Obviously, ya prick. What else?” “Looks like… a Copperajah?”

“Thanks.” With that, she plucked the papers out of his sweating hands and headed out the door.

She’d be waiting for Emma the next day with bloodshot eyes, sipping from a cold cup of coffee, never having left the lab. She hoped Emma wouldn’t be too disappointed that she’d snapped the thing in half, but was nearly too tired to fear any consequence. It still worked the same, anyways. In fact, now there two of them.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 3:19:30 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
It occurs to her after she's already left that she had simultaneously told Lulu that she had all the time she needed to work on the tracker, and that it needed to be done by morning.[break][break]

Granted, only the former was what she'd really meant. The tomorrow morning part was just Emma's inability to let anything sit. She would be lingering at the edge of the room, overhearing and observing whatever it was the woman was doing. Maybe even learning a thing or two about technology, God knows she needed it.[break][break]

She meets the sweaty-palmed lab assistant as he is on his way out. The man dips his head as she approaches, and she stares at him blankly. That look seems to make him even more on edge, and for some reason he even apologizes as he flees. Ema doesn't give it a second thought other than to head inside.[break][break]

"Impressive, what'd you do to him?"[break][break]

And Emma blinks at the woman sipping at her cup of coffee like her life depends on it. Bloodshot eyes, unwashed hair. It brings some sort of a smile to her face, something akin to amusement, an emotion unlike Emma Wolfe.[break][break]

"Did you break it?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 0:28:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

“Hm?” She’d been staring at the floor in a bit of a daze. “Who?” Tired eyes looked legitimately confused as they directed to the woman from over the top of a very slow sip of coffee. Alas, the subject was tossed to the side as they got down to business.

At the question, Lulu hesitated for a moment, trying to gauge Emma’s uncharacteristic smile with sleepless paranoia. “No?” She then sat a moment longer, unsure of what to do but go and get the thing she had indeed, technically, broken.

Eventually, she pointed to the box that held the two pieces. “This thing doesn’t work like a GPS, just like you suspected. There’s no chip. There’s just a dingy little battery for a light that makes it look normal.” She jabbed the tip of her finger at the light in reference, which was no longer blinking, making the device look broken when it wasn’t. “It’s essentially a piece of Copperajah.” She turned a piece of it over, the amber color of the metal shining in the fluorescent overhead lighting.

“Weird thing is, it’s radiating psychic and mega energy.” She paused, looking back at Emma. “So what I think is going on, is that this Copperajah,” she pointed at the tracker, “is still alive, and they’re keeping it amped up. It has psychic abilities allowing it to locate a part of itself, and is somehow communicating with its handlers. Maybe via another Pokemon?”

She shut the box and went back to lean against her desk, sipping her coffee again. “That’s my theory, anyways.”

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 17:16:12 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
Emma's brows furrow at Lulu's distracted, exhausted response. She doesn't pry because frankly, she doesn't care enough to. Where there should be guilt for being the cause of Lulu's state, she feels virtually nothing. In fact, the flash of outrage is enough of a hint as to where her true focus lies.[break][break]

It's confusing, to say the least, given the out-of-character smile on her face. Fortunately, even that washes away as the situation rears its head and Lulu reaches for the device that was now in two pieces.[break][break]

Where the scientist points, Emma's eyes are drawn to it. The battery light, the suggestion that it might be a part of a Copperajah. Emma purses her lips, considering the information.[break][break]

"A Copperajah? But those aren't psychic, are they? It's a giant heap of metal."[break][break]

But it doesn't not make sense, and there isn't anything that Emma can argue against. Lulu is the expert in this situation, not her. And there is a steadiness to the woman's tone that suggests she knows what she's talking about.[break][break]

"It's.. an interesting theory. Have you found a way for me to use it?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 22:12:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

“Exactly. That’s part of what’s so confusing. I’m thinking maybe some sort of Technical Machine maybe? Or another Pokemon, lending its powers somehow.”

She brought the coffee to her lips again, weary eyes lingering on the pieces of the object in the box still. How to use it? That answer required other answers, first.

“Well,” her hacker brain was coming in a bit here, “I was thinking if perhaps we had a strong enough psychic Pokemon, it might be able to trace the connection back to its source. She looked back at Emma, one of the best trainers in the region. “I’d imagine you’ve got one or two of those.” Lulu personally had her Solrock and Lunatone, but neither would do the trick.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 1:26:56 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"Hmm.."[break][break]

She sounds slightly irritated, and her arms cross over her chest as she assesses the situation, assesses Lulu. Her eyes wander, scathing in their intensity, perhaps even judgemental as she lingers on the lip-print pressed to the side of her coffee cup.[break][break]

"But it is definitely a metal tracking device fashioned from a Copperajah? Would it be beneficial, then, to get ahold of one myself? Even if it isn't the same one?"[break][break]

There is a hunger in her eyes, a faraway look. It is clear that she would prefer the real one, the one responsible for these devices, placed in the palm of her hand. But she knew that that would likely be a greater feat than she was capable of. If Lulu was right about this Copperajah being powerful, capable of psychic power despite it's typing.. it might very well be something sinister.[break][break]

"Is this.. something I should speak with about?"[break][break]

The hint is dropped, the subtle suggestion that this Pokemon might very well be a shadow Pokemon or similar. [break][break]

Emma glances up to meet Lulu's eyes at the mention of a strong psychic-type Pokemon. She holds it for a moment before looking away. There is no grief shining behind her eyes, but there is something.[break][break]

"They died in the blackout of Slateport."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:14:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

SOCIAL

Lulu never noticed the small things that wove into the woman’s features, her attention and vigilance effectively cut by her sleeplessness.
“It’s absolutely a piece of Copperajah encased in cheap bits of metal.” She shrugged. “There’s not much technology to it at all. It’s practically raw material. But, if they’re using it to track you, then I guess, yeh, it’s a Copperajah tracker.” A paranoid mind wondered if she sounded like a smartass. Half of her face hid behind her coffee again and she turned.

. Lulu, or Soairse, sometimes forgot that Emma was aware of their relation; that the woman knew exactly who she was, by name. It was strange to think about, considering how few people in the world knew she was alive. In fact, she was fairly sure the only time they’d all been in the same room together had been at 'Walsh’s' party—and maybe perhaps the day that he had taken over, back when she’d been welcomed aboard, before they’d known each other’s faces.

“Everything looks pretty straight-forward to me. There aren’t any particularly strange energies coming off of this. The mega energy is something, of course. But, yes, Gavin would know more than I do.” She caught her hint. He had not yet introduced her to the shadow machine, or any of its research. Soon.

At Emma’s loss, Lulu averted her eyes. As neither woman was quite properly equipped to express their feelings, there was an awkward silence which loomed in the air for a long moment.

“Well, guess we’ll find something.”

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
tracker jacker [s/c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:37:05 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket laboratories

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
"Hmm."[break][break]

Her response is short, clipped. There is not much more she needs to say or ask or do, and given the exhaustion hanging off of Lulu is another barrier that Emma isn't willing to push. [break][break]

Whatever momentary inner turmoil the woman experiences as a result of Emma mentioning Gavin is missed, or overlooked as unimportant. All she needed was Lulu's confirmation, nothing more. So she nods, confirming her suspicions to involve the man later on.[break][break]

"Thank you. I'll keep contact. Reach out to if you need his help."[break][break]

There is a pause before she turns around.[break][break]

"And get some sleep. You're of no use nursing your coffee like your life depends on it."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki