kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 18:12:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...remember when we had a battle on the rooftop?"

the elevator doors open and a selection of goods from different stalls welcome them. festive decorations beautify the walls of the lilycove mall, with appropriate ambient music matching it. the small talk stops as soon as they get to the first step of today's objective: getting a gift for mateo's parents.

"how long has it been since you've visited johto again?" he inquires. "the value of the gift's gotta scale with the time you've been missing there, y'know?"

he's not sure about how much mateo's family missed him since he's all his mother has left, but he's certain that her worry wouldn't amount to the distress he's had when mateo got taken in through the ultra space wormhole.

kyle doesn't mention it, but he has a feeling that it still lingers in his friend's thoughts, especially when he takes into account how close he was with his mother.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 21:30:02 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]duplicitous orbs shifted haphazardly. the memory brought up by his longtime friend did not exactly make it any better. he was on high-alert. his body stiff as ever. he couldn't afford to make even the slightest mistake.

his attire? a bundled mess that screamed criminal activity. a beige trench coat covered the entirety of his body; followed by shades, a hat, and a false stash. to answer 's question? mateo needed no verbal reassurance, because his clothing made it all the more memorable. yes, he remembered.

if you knew him? no you didn't.

mateo did his best to stand straight. unequivocally did he hold no memory of this day, none...whatsoever. massaging his stash with a single finger, he'd look off to the side when asked how long it had been, "too long." that's for sure. "but that's why i have you!" he responded again, "i don't exactly know how to get anyone a present. why can't i just send her some training weights?"

he was a hundred percent serious on sending her such gifts. "isn't it all about the thought?" his reason for bringing kyle along for the ride was more valid than ever. this was important, it was the woman who gave him life after all.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 18:03:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, kinda."

he has met his mother during his time as a gym trainer on blackthorn, and the image of her with the suggested gift tempts kyle to push mateo for doing it for real. his conscience can't bring him to get a son a ridiculous gift for his mother.

"imagine if you really did that though. well, she won't be mad at least." he chuckles and guides them to a hobby shop, where mateo stands out more with how he dressed. "maybe you can just buy her a bunch of gifts. she'll like one eventually."

kyle's not much of an asset when it comes to getting gifts to people. as thoughtful as he can be, his practical nature only drives him to give things that would actually be useful for the recipient. unfortunately, that practice won't be useful in satisfying the requirements for this gift.

"wait, maybe she'll like this!" kyle takes a figurine of the legendary rayquaza that was line with other beasts from video games and anime franchises. "i forgot if she likes anime."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 18:16:17 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]his attention had been drawn to the rayquaza figurine. mateo stared for a short duration. it was then a smile formed across his face. "you know this figurine would actually work," he responded. "ever since she was introduced to anime she couldn't exactly stop talking about it. it actually worried the shrie maidens with how addicted she became." he wondered who he had to blame for that.

"but this figurine of rayquaza," he'd carefully pick it up. "this would definitely make her happy." it would remind her of both him and his late father. "i think it'll even make her cry." turning to kyle, he'd ask, "you know, you don't talk about your parents much now that i think about it." were they even human?

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 9:35:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"do we really want her cryi--"

he's taken aback with a personal question that he rarely gets. usually he only has to deal with 'what's new' or anything similar. when the specifics get involved, kyle gets a little bit more nervous to give appropriate answers to, having opted to be vague about them most of the time.

for his case, he can't really help but be vague when it comes to his parents.

"they're still touring the world, kinda. which is fine, since i'd rather not have them here." being the melting pot of the world's natural disasters from the last couple of years, having to worry about more people does him more harm than good. "i don't really, uh, talk to them that much since i can't get a hold of them. doesn't bother both me and them though, i think."

not having a definite bond with his adoptive parents never bothered kyle that much anyways. although it comes off as neglectful for both parties when he puts their relationship into words, he cannot deny that he still wouldn't trade them for anything else.

"i think they're rich though, or else they wouldn't be able to take a vacation that spans for a multitude of years. don't ask me how since i have no idea either."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 20:01:53 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]he made it sound as if they weren't as close compared to mateo and his mom. if anything he wished she'd lay off the constant bombardment of calls. he understood as to why she did it though, and he was okay with that. it was nice having her check-in every now and then.

"why not buy something for her, too?"

another souvenir from a close-friend would make her even more ecstatic. "it's not like you're a stranger to her, if anything you're like a second son to her with how much i talk to her about you." he was apart of his family. with noelle, chance, and everyone else gone. the estate felt empty, but that wasn't something mateo would admit.

"well, you have a second family in johto. so now you also have to get her a gift!" and that figurine of rayquaza was going to be mateo's. "you should try reaching out to your family sometime though."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 23:15:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what kind of slander are you telling her about me?" he challenges, the tone particularly friendly as opposed to the aggressive tone of his words.

kyle cannot even describe himself with a single word even if he tried to. knowing mateo's boundless imagination however, there's only so much that he can imagine from the mishmash of events they experienced in hoenn for the past few years.

"guess i'll just blame you if she doesn't like it."

he leads mateo to the counter to for him to pay for the figurine, taking out his phone in the process. he starts texting a message to send them, only for him to delete a paragraph of generic greetings for the holidays and the new year.

"w-what do i even tell them?" he consults mateo. he talks to his mom all the time, so he assumes he knows.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 3:10:56 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"haha, that's fair!"

gathering the amount needed to pay. he'd listen as kyle spoke about what to send his mother, "dude, she's your mom." though, when you thought about it, he wondered what sort of parents he had. "you should know enough on what to send her, haha!" he couldn't help but laugh at his question. "then again i'm not really surprised, this is kind of right on the nose. you wouldn't be you if you did know what to say i guess?"

it was kind of adorable to see him in a pickle on the matter. "just let her know you're thinking of them. even though you all barely talk, i bet it'll warm her heart t'know her own son thinks of her every once in awhile." mateo's mind then wandered off to fernando, "i wonder if that guy has parents. 'nando seems like the type to immediately put his parents into a nursing home at the age of 40." mateo would release a bellowing laughter at the thought, unaware that fernando's parents were deceased.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 9:28:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"listen..." he was going to argue about it, but decides not to. "...you know what? you're right."

he goes back to his phone and starts typing the first things that comes to mind. his thumb immediately goes to press 'send' as soon as he finishes, taking no time to do a double take on what he had sent his parent. his heart races, but he attempts to keep it from showing.

it dissipates quickly as he is hit with a different kind of panic. the decision to make things awkward for both of his friends by pushing a misunderstanding to come to light or save either of them from such confrontation makes him basically choose between a short-term enjoyment or the convenience of not dealing with it at all.

ultimately, kyle makes a snap decision he'd probably regret, if only because he'd always be curious as to what choosing the other would do.

"he definitely won't be doing that," he tells mateo, tone as casual as before. "you should search what ferny's parents are up to today. fernando won't be contacting them anytime soon."

as mateo is blissfully unaware of facts, kyle is unaware of how dark his joke ended up to be.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 9:35:23 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"ooh, have you met them?"

fernando came from a rich background. it would be no surprise if his parents were famous politicians or movie stars. "they must be pretty well-known to have a son that stiff," mateo thought aloud. it was then he heard kyle's latest statement. "he must have a pretty bad relationship with them if that's the case, poor 'nando." but it felt right for a guy of his stature.

"i met his sister, yui. the story i have to tell you about her, totally different from 'nando." as he finished paying for the items. he'd hand a bag over to kyle. "seriously, you won't believe how different they are. i got a video of her battling, it's mad hilarious!" he'd let out a sharp cackle upon remembering her "threatening" words in trying to get him to delete it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
souvenir [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:51:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: