august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:43:30 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]oh that's right. "i forgot, infernape's a dual-type!" so it should have some fighting under its belt. then again, none of that mattered like they said. "infernape's a good pokemon to fight against, i've fought some that's definitely given my dragons a run for their money back in johto." they were force of nature, especially when the trainer was no different.

the battle ensued. they fought for sometime, it was evenly matched. regardless of the typing both pokemon were well-trained by their aces. "oh! are they gonna clash right here, right now!?" mateo stood from his seat. "he's going with 'skull bash' and the infernape..." mateo would look over, "he's planning to counter with 'focus punch'!" as the rhydon lunged forward, infernape would release a powerful punch enhanced by the ability of iron fist.

an explosive force of air would cause a cloud of dust to form. as it slowly cleared, the winner for this round was infernape. though, simultaneously, did it fall over right after. leaving both with only two pokemon left. "that was only the first battle and it's already intense, ah man!" mateo would cling to , shaking him back and forth.

"i wanna join, i wanna join! this is so cool!"

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:58:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]While Fernando does not share the same external excitement as Mateo he does find himself more focused onto the match than usual. Watching two trainers of distinctive skill hash it out has always been his favorite past time. In light of recent events, a discord of shitty trainers and even shittier mindsets being able to regress into pure entertainment serves as a form of release.

"That was good," he murmurs to himself when the first match comes to its conclusion.

He turns to Mateo, unamused by his vigor, but admiring it all the same. "Do you know which one of you is stronger?" The question is obvious pointed at Kyle. "You were both Elite Four candidates but I don't think we ever got a verdict on a real assessment between you two."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 9:40:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he expected the loud voices from mateo, but he wasn't expecting the intensity of the hyper energetic commentary that would come with it. he lets himself get swayed, used to this kind of everyday bullshit from him.

"all i have over mateo is knowing how the popular pokemon in the competitive scene work," kyle mutters as he tries to anchor himself in his seat while mateo rocks him back and forth. "if he can go where he is right now without that, then i guess we have a clear winner."

he was a gym leader at a young age, alongside being prominent in johto's competitive scene since he was young. in kyle's perspective, it was a much better feat than appearing out of nowhere and collecting a bunch of badges from hoenn's dying gym scene.

"i'll hit you if you counter that," he quickly quips to mateo.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 20:39:43 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]it was then would ask a question. while the battle below them continued with a beedrill going up against a drapion, mateo would ponder on the question. as explained, he'd think about their previous encounters. disregarding his threat, he'd give a serious thought between the two of them.

"well, if there's one thing kyle has over me it's strategy." he'd look over to his friend for a brief moment, smiling. he'd then turn back toward , "kyle may not act like it, but he has the brain of a champion. unlike me who's got a weird style when it comes to battling, kyle's got a knack for thinking ahead." it was true, in a serious battle there's a higher percentage of kyle coming out on top.

"i'm a heavy hitter and kyle's a heavy thinker. where i go with the flow and think on the spot, he's a guy who looks at pokemon battles as if they were a videogame. hence why this guy over here will always have my respect." mateo hated thinking, he was as dumb as they could come. but his talent is shown through experience. every loss is a new gain. "it's funny though, when you think about it, bailey is sort of a mixture between us. she's a heavy hitter with a big brain, so she's the perfect candidate for champion."

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:52:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Perhaps."

Fernando enjoys both viewpoints, each laden in their respective personalities. Mateo, despite his knacks, has earned Fernando's acceptance as both 's personal pick and Johto's Dragon Master. The mention of Bailey completes the still active Elite Four generation from before last year and he mulls over the last member, the one no one seems to remember but him.

It sours his mood but he hides it with a relaxed smile.

"I'm envious," he smiles as he closes his eyes. "I wish I could have the same talent as any of you."

The battle sparks as both insect Pokemon clash. Their stingers strike true and Fernando reinvests his attention to the parried claws.

"I'm glad that Hoenn has such reliable people. With how others conduct themselves, it's easy to forget we have people like you guys."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:05:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he grabs a piece of popcorn and throws one at mateo, and then does it again at fernando, the latter happening out of habit instead of meaning it. kyle stays by his action though, resolving himself to not apologize for it.

"you guys shut up. i didn't wake up early for this." he didn't wake up early at all.

"i wouldn't call using mightyena on my gym challenges 'heavy thinking'," he says in response to mateo, throwing another popcorn at him. "and it's not talent when everyone else in this region is just rash and aggressive," he says, this time directed to fernando.

he continues to take his attention to the battlefield instead, watching the battle like what they're actually supposed to do. a drapion and a beedrill made it look like the larger pokemon had the advantage, but kyle makes no comment until he knows what the beedrill's moves are.

"can we just watch the show instead of circlejerking?" he says.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 8:03:00 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]was he feeling modest? with the first popcorn successful in its action, kyle threw another. though, this time, mateo would catch it with his mouth. "awe, are you feelin' modest? c'mere!" he'd forcefully bring kyle in with a single arm. grinning ear to ear as he'd give his friend a noogie.

"don't feel modest, you should feel honored 'nando here said what he sa---" quickly mateo's attention was taken away. the fight, shockingly to him, ended with beedrill as the victor. "no way!" he shouted standing, "nice! i wanna fight that beedrill!" he had faith it could beat up one of his dragon pokemon. "a fight between charizard and beedrill already sounds explosive, tearing the city asunder explosive!" the more he witnessed, the more he beamed.

"not worrying about savin' the region's really nice," he lowly spoke as he settled down. "ah man, peaceful days..." he'd plop right back into his seat, leaning his head back into his chair, "...are the best." especially with his friends.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 8:01:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: