September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 22:43:35 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
Pikachus. The highly popular electric rodent that never seemed to lose it's popularity. It was a cute pokemon but he wasn't planning on catching one. The pokemon wasn't a bad one, it just wouldn't really fit in with his appearence nor his team. Besides...it was a dime a dozen, sometimes it paid more to not embrace the flow of popularity. Some people might get the stupid idea that the pikachu must be unhappy with a ugly trainer. Shaking his head lightly, he pushed his glasses up a little more.

It was a sunny day and even from his spot at the start of the route he could hear it. The constant 'pikas' and 'chu' that rang through the air. Once in a while, he'd spot a flash of yellow darting by further up the road. The infestation was  more like it rather than a swarm. A swarm at least could stay hidden. This? This was a full blown invasion force. Who knew that there were thunderstones buried around here! Maybe he'd try to dig for some once this issue calmed down.

His Incineroar sat on the ground beside him, the large cat glared down the route. Wanting to chase off the little rodents but they had to wait. Backup would be needed on this. For the sheer numbers that these rodents had, it would be stupid to go in alone. Even with his two pokemon, they could overwhelm him with a combined electrical attack. Thus, his 'partner' as the last piece needed before they could get this going.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 1:51:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There silence.

Then the drumbeat of many paws on the ground.

Sailing past was an army of felines. An Alolan Persian, a Delcatty, a Purugly, two Skitty, a Purrloin, Kantonian Meowth, a Litten, and finally a Shinx. They all barreled past and onto the route, which was quickly followed by the squeaking of startled Pikachu as they were systematically chased down.

Who better to call to chase down a bunch of rat pokemon than the Rocket who was famous for felines?

Or... famous for more than that. But, also felines!

Chu-e followed a little bit later, his own Inciniroar next to him. Puff winked at the other fire type and shot him some finger guns. Chu-e was a waif of a man, short and skinny with the kind of sickly appearance of someone who wouldn't get better. He still have a small smile to the other, unafraid or wary. "Are you Mercutio? I'm your partner today!" He offered his hand to shake.
close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 2:11:15 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
The sudden charge of felines made Mercutio raise a brow and he glanced slowly to Magnus; whom of which was just as confused. That was...a sudden wave of felines...weird...too weird. Maybe they weren't going to be needed for this after all? That's when a voice reached his ears and he looked, spotting the frailer trainer. For a moment, he struggled to tell if they were a woman or not but he figured it out after thinking on it for a moment or two. He'd reach his large hand out and carefully shake the other rocket member's hand.

"Yes I'm Mercutio, this is Magnus." he introduced, letting go of the hand and gesturing to his incineroar.

Magnus was confused by what the other incineroar did when they approached. Tilting their head as they raised a brow. Truthfully, he wasn't used to being around others of his exact species so the mannerisms were different; plus being raised in the enviroment he was didn't help.

"So shall ew start? I don't wish for your pokemon to get overwhelmed, there's supposively a lot of em." Mercutio asked.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 2:45:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Eh, I'm sure my guys will be fine." As if to prove what Chu-e was saying, there was a loud squeal. It was followed by the Persian trotting back over, tail in the air, proud of her catch. A pikachu was between her teeth, a thin trickle of blood dripping down onto the ground in occasional drips. The yellow rodent was still alive, just unconscious from the rough treatment. Chu-e laughed and took out a pokeball, one of the ones given to him specifically for this mission, and captured it. "One down!" He offered a handful of the empty pokeballs to . They wouldn't be able to keep anything they caught today but at least the pokeballs also weren't coming out of their own pockets!

"Oh! I'm Choi, this is Puff." Because he figured it would be better to introduce himself and his pokemon. Puff seemed to preen at the attention; even if the other of his species didn't understand it. That was okay, since Puff was mostly just a show off. He started to walk further onto the route, where all the pikachu were at. "If you see me outside of missions, call me Ki! It's my public name." He explained briefly.

But then Chu-e paused. "Ah. Maybe they will need that help...." While, for the most part, Chu-e's felines were running wild and successfully scaring or catching the Pikachu. It looked like there were just too many of them to handle on their own; especially since the smaller cats were having to team up to take down one Pikachu. A group of five or six Pikachu in the middle of the route were frantically beating on the ground with Iron Tails, making good progress on cracking into the packed dirt and hard stone.
close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 4:23:35 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
"Public name? So...we're suppose to go by another alias then?" Mercutio asked, accepting the spare pokeballs with a bit of a surprised expression.

He hadn't given that any thought, after all he had a different name in the Underground ring. But...that was just for him partaking in fights rather than..pokemon battles or activity. Looking to the other incineroar it looked like a strong pokemon, though it had that...sort of air to it that he recognized as those who were higher up. Puff liked attention and weren't yet showing of but..Mercutio would give it a few minutes before they started to do that. Still, he didn't say anything in regards to it. It was a good looking incineroar.

Mercutio started to take several steps along the route Chou mentioned that maybe their pokemon were gonna need suggested back up, Magnus was quick to follow. Sure enough, there was a group of pikachus digging into the earth, not getting any closer, Mercutio pointed at the rodents and looked to Magnus.

"Darkest Lariat, keep your flames away from the grass and trees, focus on that area and don't pursue them if they scatter." he instructed calmly.

Magnus nodded, spreading their nimble arms out to the side. A spark ignited at the palms of their hands and they sprang forth, landing on one paw and spun themselv as hard and fast as they could. Creating the signature spin of the move that propelled them forward. The sounds of pikachu squeaking and surprised could be heard as some of them were batted into the air by those flamming paws, some had enough sense to rush away when they noticed the cat coming.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 8:32:20 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Not usually. I'm kind of a special case." Chu-e did not elaborate further. He was one of the men from old Rocket who helped raze Kanto to the ground, after all. He might not be a Beast any longer but his name still held weight to those he had hurt.

Chu-e didn't offer his own Incineroar to help, simply watched as 's did most of the heavy lifting. He did, at least, toss out a handful of the borrowed balls to snag the Pikachu who flew in the air. Most of the sideline Pikachu had also been taken care of, dragged over by excited felines. He was careful to reward each of then with a pat before he captured the pikachu and returned his own pokemon, leaving just Puff out of his pokeball.

It seemed that despite the attack from the cats and from Magnus scattering them all, one Pikachu hadn't given up. There was the slam of an Iron Tail, followed by a blinding white light. One of them had succeeded, transforming into a Raichu. And it looked pissed.

The electric type, wanting to throw it's new weight around, charged for Magnus with a Volt Tackle. She would show these guys to come in and mess with them!
close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 8:51:42 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
The yellow furballs flew or were snatched up. So when that blinding light came up, Mercutio was quick to block the light so he could hopefully see sooner. Magnus stopped spinning though the incineroar was close to the light. So it still hit them full force. Causing them to grumble as they tried to shield their eyes and see straight again. Due to this, Magnus felt the strong electric shock and they stumbled a few steps before regaining their footing, hissing loudly at the larger rodent.

"Alright then..." Mercutio muttered when he could see again. "Cross Chop, just don't stay close to them for long."

Magnus adjusted their stance before rushing forward at a angle toward the electric rodent, straightening one of their paws before swinging. Attempting to strike the rodent with a hard blow, if it missed though it would hit the ground causing some cracks to spread out. At least this was going to be a workout.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 9:07:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
One thing that Wild pokemon would never be able to compare to was a trainer raised one. Raichu did her best to duck out of the way but was just a bit too slow. The attack landed, mostly crushing her hind right leg and tail. She cried out and let out one final Discharge on her attacker, which may not even hit if Magnus was quick enough to pull away from her.

While still full of energy, she was defeated because of her now broken leg.

"Well damn, you're pretty good, my dude." Chu-e huffed out a laugh, walking towards the Raichu. She hissed at him and snapped at him when he got too close- which seemed to just make him laugh as he tossed one last pokeball at her.

"We might get a bonus for this one." Approaching again, Chu-e raised up a hand to offer the other a high five.
close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 9:19:13 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
Magnus was ready this time, just seconds after the move making contact, the fire pokemon thrust itself backwards with a jump. Pulling their paw close at the same time. This the discharge harmlessly went off into the air, the electricity sparked and danced in the air with vigor. Going well with the newly evolved rodent’s fury and pain.

”Thank you, Magnus works very hard.” Mercutio replied, watching the other approach.

the butler didn’t see a reason to worry for safety, they carried themself in a way that spoke experience to him. The pikachu nearby moved further up the route, search for more stones but now being wary of the two trainers and thier pokemon. It was safe to say, the electric mice were on edge. With the other’s remark of a bonus, he shrugged lightly. It was the raised hand for a high five he didn’t expect.

Not once did they stare at his face for long nor had the mentioned the... teeth sticking out of his mouth due to his issue. A faint smile appeared and he held out his larger hand to accept the high five. This felt...different. In a good sort of way. With the gesture received the faint smile lingered.

”Let’s try to make sure we don’t get a raunchy swarm.” He remarked lightly and went over to Magnus, inspecting his incineroar before giving them a silent Bill of health.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 9:48:27 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Why would Chu-e have stared? If was ear something was wrong with him, too. You could tell with one look that sickness was eating him from the inside out. That, plus his own experience in dealing with commonly scared of disfigured people, meant he didn't really care what looked like. He just knew the guy had done a good job, kept calm, and that was all that mattered right now.

"They're kind of worked up. I'm not sure we can get many more... wanna head back into town and grab something to eat? My treat." He grinned again, pulling out all the pokeballs they had used and taking count. Not counting the Raichu, he had gotten about nine Pikachu... plus however many that Mercutio got meant they had done quite the good job today. It wasn't usual that he saw competence and was quiet pleased all the way around.
close tab

played by

readlliea

The Underbiter
he/him
September 2
undiscovered
butler
grunt
n/a
single
12 height
12 height
awards
49 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mercutio
Mercutio Kyle
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 19:48:50 GMT
Mercutio Kyle Avatar
"They are..." Mercutio agreed with 's words.

The electric rodents were indeed worked up. At the next words, Mercutio was surprised and turned his attention to the thinner man beside him. That was enough? Sure if they stayed and tried to get more, there was a good chance that they'd push their luck and run into something that they'd struggle with. Making the whole thing not worth it in the end potentially. Well...a small shrug left him as he stood there.

"Why not, everyone deserves a treat for their hard work as well." Mercutio replied, refering to the pokemon that both trainers had.

Magnus's ears perked and they looked excited, seeming to ask a question as their tail flicked behind them before it started to wag like that of a dog. Something he had picked up from Maybelle; sometimes Mercutio wondered if he should've gotten another cat like pokemon when he first gotten Magnus, save the feline of the canine esq behavior. But it made Magnus more unique to him, made him love the feline more. A big hand rested on the cat's head.

"Yes I'm refering to you and our companion's pokemon. I suppose you already know what you want?" Mercutio asked as gently ruffled the fur on their head, only for the incineroar to pull back slightly so they could nod. "Alright then, let's all go grab something."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Herding pikachus [M]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 6:59:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: