Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 23:31:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: NEW YEAR, NEW ME

she disliked shopping. decisions like these bogged down her day. a quick scan, and she settled for a box on the end. some deep burgundy color, nearly black. darker than the red hair she’d arrived in hoenn with, and much darker than the natural blonde it had faded to, which she had decided made her look a bit too much like her brother.

it was more than a new year’s change, as it would likely appear to anyone that wasn’t privy to her criminal affairs.

she went to get in line, and then glanced down at the box. the woman on it had a short, cropped haircut. it inspired her, and she left the line again to find a pair a scissors in another isle of the pharmacy.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 9:41:41 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Convenience stores were yet another gem of this vacation that he'd set off on. It wasn't that Artie had never been in one — he had, it was just a rare thing that he ever got to go to one alone, and without people giving him a look. Usually, he was accompanied by his school friends, or the family butler, or someone who could direct him properly without him getting wrapped up in chatting to someone on the side. Plus, back in Circhester, there had hardly been a reason to get them, since most packages were sent directly to the palace, and anything that wasn't... well, mother was sure to find someone who would.

[break][break] There were only two things that one could not get - or rather, Artie didn't really like asking for. The first, of course, was smokes and the second was a Monster energy drink. The latter, he'd never tried. The former... well, he wasn't supposed to have tried. 

[break][break] Artie was just ringing up his purchases, accompanied by no one other than Rue who sat on his neck peacefully, when there was a flash of movement as someone left the line. The blond smiled blithely at the cashier as she placed his things in a baggie, and then glanced behind him. Huh. That face looked familiar. 

[break][break] Without paying, the boy stepped off the line and found himself walking over to , attempting to grab her elbow. "Hey — do I know —" When he got a close look, however, he beamed. 

[break][break] "Sha-sha! What are you doing here?"

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.artie]font:11px roboto;--accent:#69eefe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 23:20:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the voice made her heart sink. fuck, how long had it even been?

no. no no no no no.

arthur vanderbilt. nearly two decades ago, he’d been her greatest annoyance at times, and the bane of ’s existence. even at a young age, neither had been built for the presence of toddlers.

an initial feeling of disdain settled in her before being overtaken by the reality of her situation. she, saoirse quinn, remained to be a missing person to her family and the highest aristocrats of galar, arthur included—or “artie” as she knew him.

at first, she didn’t respond. she simply walked in the other direction, as though he’d made a mistake. she knew there was likely no use, however, and eventually decided to face her fate. “hi, artie.” she sighed, all of her childhood exhauster suddenly returning to her. her amber eyes regarded him carefully. “getting a box of hair dye.” she decided she hadn’t processed enough to truly answer his question how he’d likely meant it. “what are you doing here?” she meant it how he’d meant it, only hoping he’d answer more directly.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 4:58:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

To be honest, it was sheer luck at all that Artie remembered her. Frankly, he rarely spent much time in his own head thinking of anyone other than himself, so names usually were lost on him. Especially when those names were attached to relatively unimportant people - you couldn't really blame him for forgetting.

[break][break] That being said, it wasn't like he could forget . They were cousins! And while he may not have remembered a certain, other blond if he saw them, he and Sha-sha had been close enough in age that they'd been subjected to the same torture of private school together. Or probably more accurate, Sha-sha had been subjected to the torture of having the Circhester prince attend the same school that she did, once upon a time.

[break][break] She avoided his question, which was unsurprising, so he did the same. He lifted the plastic bag with his purchased goods up in the air for her to see. "Oh, you know, just shopping - wait." He gave a small, horrified gasp. Did she just say hair dye? Artie stepped forward, grabbing her arms. "Did you just say hair dye?"

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:54:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

he countered it, and her eyes averted for just a moment in frustration. before she could struggle to think of something else to say, he'd grabbed her rather startlingly. her amber eyes went wide and her shoulders shrunk back, and she swatted at his hand. “artie, no!” normally this type of behavior would have been served with a punch, but he was family.

despite a noble upbringing, lulu was cheap as hell when it came to most things. her face wrinkled at him and she began guarding the box of dye behind her back, waiting for him to release her with a glare, not wanting to make a scene.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 9:15:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

She swatted at him, and he let her go. He had no wish to be assaulted, especially not by her. Sha-sha was smaller, but she could probably have beat him up if she wanted to.

[break][break] He gave a loud, dramatic sigh. "But Sha-sha," he whined. "Why hair-dye? Out of a box?" He was aghast.

[break][break] "How could you do this? To me? Our family?"

[break][break] Artie acted like she'd stolen his Rookidee and roasted it alive. Though, honestly, given his mentality towards store-bought hair dyes... she might as well have.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 23:14:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her eyes wavered on the younger man’s hair. Blonde, like hers. She needed rid of it. She jerked her arm away but didn’t bolt like she wanted to. There was a weird sensation that was washing over her. She didn’t often feel like Saoirse anymore.

A hand very nearly came up to clap his mouth shut at the mention of family. She was seven years missing, and six months wanted for parole violation. She pressed her teeth together and took a heavy breath and then turned to walk out the door, pinching the bridge of her nose. “I need a cigarette.”

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 6:00:37 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Completely ignorant to the personal plights of , the Circhester heir merely stared back at her, his eyes a perfect, crystal-clear cerulean blue.

[break][break] To be perfectly honest, Artie didn't know much about her. They had grow up together, sure, but they had always been in relatively separate circles. When she all but disappeared from his life - their lives in Circhester - it could even be said that Artie barely noticed her disappearance.

[break][break] Rather than respond to his claims, however, she headed for the door. Artie blinked, and then followed her, walking cheerfully next to her with a bit of a hop in her step. "That sounds great!" Though, he paused. "I can help with that." In his other hand, he lifted the plastic baggie, which contained the items he had purchased before. "Though - " He paused. "You're not gonna pay for that right?" He pressed, pointing to the box of hair-dye in her grip.

[break][break] "C'mon, sha-sha, " he whined. "Let me treat you! I know a really good salon." He pressed. "It'll be free." Well, for her anyway.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 20:22:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Shit. Had she really almost just done that?

Unlike many Rockets, Lulu didn’t get caught up in small crimes like petty theft. That was messy. The last thing she needed was some pharmacy’s security catching her looking exactly like who she was, right next to a prince of all people—her relation, and with none other than the hair color of her new disguise in tow.

“Yes I am.” She responded, spinning on her heels and returning to the register, which was now open. The clerk had been staring at her. She gave a curt smile and completed the transaction with a quick ‘thanks’ before walking straight past Artie and out the door, knowing full well that he would be following behind. Once out the door, she lit a cigarette around the corner and waited. While she did, she thought up a good story.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 6:52:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

She could be so stubborn sometimes.

[break][break] Artie sighed, unable to do anything as she walked to the register - which was fortunately clear now - and she made her purchase. The Circhester prince didn't even have time to intervene and help her with the purchase! Though, perhaps, that was likely the way had wanted it.

[break][break] Humming under his breath, the boy followed his cousin outside of the store just in time to see her lighting a cigarettes. Puffs of smoke were released into the cold city air, and he stepped beside her, reaching into his own plastic bag. He lit his own, and settled beside her. It was one of the few moments that Artie would be quiet -- unfortunately, it didn't last for long.

[break][break] "You're missing out, you know," he chirped. "I offered something nice and you turned me down." He glanced at her, blue eyes shimmering beneath the half-light of the convenience store.

+

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 9:44:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She glanced at him. Her heart pounded in her chest. Ugh. Stressful. Took a drag. “I really don’t think I am. I’m not a salon kind of person.” Just like she didn’t go to restaurants. Too many unnecessary eyes. It felt strange to her. Give her a dark bar or her bedroom, if it wasn’t the lab. “Not my scene.”

Amber eyes looked over him, noticing some of the same features of her mother, whom she wasn’t sure she would ever see again. Eventually, her stare averted again. “Seriously, why are you in Hoenn? You’re royalty, shouldn’t you be in Galar?”

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 0:39:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

I’m not a salon kind of person.”

[break][break] Artie rolled his eyes. "That's only 'cause you've never been to one." He paused. Well, maybe she had. He wasn't totally sure. "Plus, I can always get you into a private one." His eyes twinkled. "I know a guy."

[break][break] Even though they were outside of Galar, the family's influence surely extended well beyond the means of the region. Especially when it came to the likes of appearance, which Artie was fortunately fluent in.

[break][break] He took another drag, and then blinked when she mentioned his responsibilities. Someone else might have scowled at the reminder of all the responsibilities he was avoiding. However, when Artie turned to her, his smile was blithe. "Could say the same to you too, you know." Even though she may not have had quite the same leverage he did, they were family for a reason. He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know — you know me, nothing can keep me down. I needed a vacation, I needed — " He gestured, and then let his arms fall flat at his side. He let out a laugh. "You're not gonna tell on me, are you?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:05:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She puffed again and then sent him an indignant look. I have too, Artie. Her mother had dragged her to them constantly as a child. “Think my mum would have let me buy this?” The box swung in her hand once. His aunt was a cold, but stylish woman.

When he cut himself off, “Don't really care, honestly. Our family’s a bunch of hoity-toity arseholes.” Her stare followed a car as it drove by and then fell towards the ground. She leaned up against the building, something changing in her, deciding to stay a minute and chat. She squinted a moment, then looked at the sky, flicking her cigarette. “That’s why I had to leave.” And that was the honest truth, among other things.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:17:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

"Well, then you must not have been to a good one," he rebutted, pouting, but then letting out a laugh as he puffed smoke into the air. "Have it your way," he said finally, relenting. He couldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do — he'd learned that the hard way, back when they'd been kids. "But if you ever change your mind..." He let his voice hang in the air, just like that, though he doubted she would ever take the bite.

[break][break] With it finished, Artie threw the cigarette to the ground and crushed it beneath his shoe. It was a bit ironic, his fancy italian shoes crushing a cigarette that he'd bought out of a convenience store of all things. How would mother have looked at him then?

[break][break] "Can't argue with you," he said, glancing at her. Sha-sha had never really fit in — not like him, who had always shined with all the attention. They were different, but at least for that, he could agree. Their family sucked, never let him do what he wanted, so he'd had to go.

[break][break] He grinned at her, and then tried to swing his arms around her in a loving hug. "That's why I like you best, sha-sha," he said, in a bit of a sing-song, as if he hadn't forgotten her entire existence until mere moments ago.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
frivolous [m][c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 7:05:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Whatever he’d meant by that quip, she might not have taken it the right way. Her eyes narrowed. Had her hair really been that shitty in high school?

She wasn’t expecting what happened next. A cold, pensive expression turned into one of utter shock as she visibly short-circuited. The box of hair dye in her hand dropped to the ground and she froze in Arthur’s arms for a moment, as though she were a possum playing dead. Don’t move and it'll go away.

When the arms released her, she simply stared at him, unblinking for a long moment. “Thanks.” She said in a short, detached sort of way. His favorite? She was no one’s favorite. “Bye Artie.” She began walking away, taking three steps before realizing her hair dye was still on the ground behind her. She spun and grabbed it, glancing at him, and then left quickly in the other direction.