Digging Yourself into Trouble (M)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 5:09:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Vincent had been working alongside one other archaeologist, a normal person who was interesting in his eyes, he could hold a conversation with them and it wouldn't be dreadfully boring. A guy by the name of Jackson, energetic, ambitious, a vibrant soul to be around or at least, that's how Vincent saw him until the news of an incredible discovery had been hitting mossdeep city near a site they collaborated on. Vincent might be possessive of the results of his work, but he was reasonable enough to work out some share with Jackson... if he hadn't publicly announced that he'd be taking the labours of their combined work for himself. Vincent wasn't namedropped, credited, or nothing. There's only one aspect that levelled out Jackson's greediness and it's the fact that ground-type pokemon seem to be guarding the ruins.

[break][break] Jackson had already put out notices for trainers, payment for those who can defeat the ground-type pokemon but Vincent did him one better; Vincent called upon the aid of team rocket, to send somebody to help him get rid of the ground-type pokemon with him. He had hoped they'd deliver, as time was of the essence and he wanted to beat the ground-type pokemon, steal what Jackson had stumbled upon before anyone is the wiser. Vincent had worked with Jackson already on the site, so the alibi is there if anyone comes across him battling the pokemon or messing with the site in some way but if all goes well, Vincent and the partner he's asked for shouldn't have any issues.

[break][break] He's waiting by the entrance to the site, a big open area with a massive hole, a few odd constructions that are still slightly buried in the ground and the actual entrance itself is plastered with signs. "Archaeological site, do not touch!" warnings and such. It meant that no do-gooders or people casually walking by would be nosy enough to walk in. The major eye-catcher is in the hole itself, ground-type pokemon are patrolling. Vincent hadn't gotten close enough to see what they were, as he didn't want to risk getting seen, merely waiting for the backup he requested.

[break][break]

+ ooc shenangians

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 6:14:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@dread
MISSION: DIGGING YOURSELF INTO A HOLE

while typically a bit irked when they put her out in the field these days, lulu was glad to have received the assignment. she’d be going to a dig site to aid one of their archaeologists, whom she hadn’t yet met. this was a great excuse to casually pick his brain about his findings, and get a feel for him as a colleague. perhaps she’d even ask him to keep an eye out for some things, if he seemed like the sharing type. really, quite a crapshoot in their organization.

a hydreigon’s terrifying cry announced their arrival first. it descended, its feet creating pluming clouds of dust as its weight settled onto the earth. lulu slid off of its back, a solrock appearing with her, previously veiled by the dragon’s tattered wings. “suppose you’re who i’m here to see.” she reasoned, only glancing in the man’s direction briefly while she got herself in order. the hydreigon was returned to its pokeball, and instead replaced with three others: a houndoom, which immediately went to sit at her heel—a companion—and two more battle-ready looking beasts; a golisopod, and a haxorus.

she gestured to the mouth of the cave. “shall we?”

lulu had never been the best at introductions, but this one was essential. she intended on getting to it, after more immediate business was taken care of. her gleaming red eyes watched him expectantly, matching those of her solrock, whose own stare bored into him as it loomed quietly over her shoulder.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 6:55:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He expected time to be of the essence, but he hadn't expected such a flashy entrance. They were fortunate that there was really no one around at the moment, but he expected a bit more discretion. He saw her unmount the hydreigon, seeing the solrock alongside her. He was greeted by that question of hers, he merely passed along a nod in her direction at first. "Vincent." he said, throwing out his name first and foremost. "I don't know how much you were told, but we have to take out some ground-type pokemon and steal the artifacts, in a timely manner if I may add before anyone is the wiser." for someone who he just met, he is a bit demanding... but he had expected her to understand, considering the word "steal" was used.

[break][break] After seeing her throw out her monstrous pokemon, it would do him some good to help as well. He could only think of two pokemon that would do well against ground-types in his arsenal, he could throw out all of his pokemon but that'd make it harder for them to properly organise. The two of them alongside the six of their pokemon combined would be enough to work as a group. He brought out two pokemon balls from his pockets, throwing both of them out at the same time, releasing their pokemon. One was a blue golem, between both light blue and dark blue. The other being a small ghost with a skull mask, glowing red eyes. Golett and Duskull.

[break][break] To her suggestion, he started to walk into the cave. The reason for his choices was for Duskull to scout ahead, to alert them of any upcoming ground-types and with Golett himself being a ground-type pokemon to be on par with them. The help of his partner alongside this mission would be most beneficial as well, as he doesn't believe he could've handled the ground-type pokemon by himself. "I was working on this site before, but the person I was working with decided to try and take all the credit for our hard work, and while I'm mostly interested in what we've discovered together, it feels good to get back at him like this, I must admit." he felt like he made the right choice teaming up with team rocket, he felt like if he was with the league right now, he'd have no way of getting to the artifacts like he is right now.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 7:37:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@dread

she still did not give her name, her thoughts preoccupied, processing the mission. she merely nodded, affirming that she’d understood.

when he released his ghost-types, lulu gave them a couple extra steps of berth. she’d never been keen on ghosts, and while ’s chandelure had caused her to have a change of heart, she still have not fully shaken the chill they gave her. solrock seemed to sense its trainer stiffening, its eyes removed from the man and onto the unfamiliar pokemon warily.

she listened to him talk, her face skewing a little as the story came together. so, this was about revenge? hm. lulu didn’t typically talk about feelings of any sort. she attempted to pick around that part.

“i’m curious about what you had been working on here.” she paused a moment, considering something.

“i’m lulu. i work in the lab.” it was vague, but meant to emphasize some sense of commonality between them. a stray hand fell idly over the head of her houndoom, who moved closer into the palm of it. her monsters flanked her, still, all of them silent and waiting. whether he chose to keep talking and provide some information on the matter, or get 'stealing' whatever it was they were there for, she seemed patient and along for the ride--something that was not quite the norm.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 8:56:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

As soon as the mention of the lab came along, Lulu would notice Vincent's sharp turn to her, both in surprise and with a smile. "You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention." he said, continuing to walk along. His Golett stayed to his side, usually extending his stone-like arm out to stop Vincent right in his tracks when there is the possibility of a trap or pokemon hiding in corners. When Golett was convinced all was clear, he'd let Vincent progress along normally. "Well... fossils mainly, and a relic tablet that me and Jackson- erm, my former partner, believed belonged to ancient history. The writing is cryptic, but if deciphered it could lead the road to more sites like this being discovered, and we could stumble across something not seen before in the eyes of the world." Vincent wasn't sure if that was completely true, but they could at least agree such discoveries would be better off with them.

[break][break] Before Vincent could continue, Duskull appeared before the entire group, right from the ground. It tried to motion at the ground, in a panicky attitude as to indicate that something is coming. Vincent went right behind Golett and Duskull wasn't too far behind, Vincent gave a sharp look to Duskull, who reluctantly went alongside Golett after seeing the piercing glare. Shortly afterwards, one mole popped right out of the ground. It gave Vincent a raised eyebrow. "Duskull, really?" before he could judge, about eight more holes were made, two complimenting the current mole pokemon, and three not too far from the current one. Three Dugtrios.

[break][break] Golett was too eager and went for the closest one, just before his stone-like punch could connect, the dugtrio instantly went underground, using the move "Dig", a move that Vincent wasn't familiar with. "Duskull, back him up!" Duskull was right behind Golett, but wasn't doing much against the dugtrio they were fighting. The coordination and synergy was clearly appalling, and it was made evident pretty quickly that Vincent isn't a trainer.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 21:06:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@dread

a smile. good. that meant he might play nicely. she returned it with one of subtlety, still gauging him. “glad to hear it.”

lulu’s team followed behind, their heavy feet stirring the ground. perhaps she’d let them out of their pokeballs a bit prematurely. she’d expected a swarm with immediacy upon her arrival by the assignment description. there had been an air of urgency.

vincent’s explanation sustained the small smile on her face. “how exciting.” her teeth flashed a moment. “i’d like to hear about your progress.” this didn’t mean he had to share it with her, of course, but she decided to lay it out transparently. she was especially curious to see the tablet he was after. lulu knew little about ancient languages, and surely much, much less than he did. this was why he was valuable.

all attention was turned to the duskull as it frantically gestured towards the ground. lulu’s hand brushed over the houndoom’s head one more time, the affection clear, which contrasted a sharp, cold, commandeering voice: “patrol.” in silence, the impeccably obedient demon left her side, trotting off into the darkness.

when what seemed to be a single diglett popped out of the ground, lulu was immediately skeptical. her red eyes shot a look at her combat squad. “on your toes.”

soon, three dugtrios popped out of the ground. they would take the two not being "handled" by vincent's team. “take them out.” she commanded from her chest. the golisopod immediately sent a PIN MISSILE for one of them. the haxorus, new to the team, hesitated a moment. “haxorus: ASSURANCE.”

with near infallible accuracy, both attacks found the dugtrios in an intelligent trajectory, small homing missiles and deep pink orbs of dark energy impacting them. once they’d recovered a bit, dirt then swept up around them all in a vicious SAND STORM, concentrated. “shit.” she needed to make a mental note to bring a mask next time she was to confront ground-types.

lulu coughed as she shoved her nose into the front of her jacket and shielded her eyes as best she could while still observing the fight, not catching the comical tag-teamming of vincent’s ghosts. she called over the sudden squall, choking over it, OUTRAGE!” the haxorus began to take on a magenta glow. the golisopod braced itself with IRON DEFENSE.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 0:51:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

It seems Lulu's use of her pokemon were far more refined than Vincent could hope to achieve with his. Duskull was cowardly, Golett was overconfident, traits that did not complement each other at the moment. The attacks did some good against the two dugtrios, but they weren't quite knocked out yet and resorted to that damned sandstorm of theirs. Vincent tried to cover at least his eyes and nose with one hand of his, some sand got through but he was doing his best to work through it. He could see that Lulu was handling the two dugtrios, meanwhile, Vincent had to deal with the dugtrio that went underground.

[break][break] Suddenly, three moles appeared from underground to where Golett is, the moles heads went hard against Golett's body. It knocked him back a bit, but he still held it together. "Duskull, use Confuse Ray!" after the command was given, Duskull let out a rainbow mix of magical orbs that had hit dugtrio, it's eyes becoming a spiral as it clearly couldn't tell what's what. "Golett, use Dynamic Punch!" the stomping feet of the golem rushed straight for the dugtrio, he jumped upwards and came down with a powerful fist. It had sent them right back down to the ground, and from the sounds of the impact, very far down.

[break][break] He was glad that his pokemon could pull it together when the situation arose, he notably saw how Duskull was struggling against the sandstorm and still did his best to follow Vincent's command, delivering in the end. He would have to reward him for a job well done, but at the moment, Vincent turned over to see how Lulu and her pokemon were doing.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 1:46:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@dread

a dugtrio began another attack, but haxorus’s large body collided with the mole pokemon, a great, explosive looking energy coming from the impact. the dugtrio slid across the ground, fainted.

golisopod was not so lucky, met with a damaging BULLDOZE. it stumbled back, letting out a cry that made it clear its anger had intensified. it was a slow pokemon on land, and its vision was too obscured by the sand to do anything but continue to use PIN MISSILE. it got the job done. eventually, the SANDSTORM died, and both of the opponents were left unconscious.

lulu wiped her face with her sleeve and shook out her hair, snorting a little to remove some of the sand from her nostrils. she looked over at the deep hole his golett had put in the ground. forceful.

“are we close?” she asked.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 3:46:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

After seeing Lulu deal with the two dugtrio, it made him a bit envious that her pokemon have good synergy and follow her commands well, whereas Vincent's own pokemon were... unique, and sometimes difficult to deal with, by the time that the sandstorm was done, Vincent was patting himself all over his clothing, top, pants, even his boots as he tried to shake out sand. "I should've expected that from a ground-type... but at the same time, I really didn't." pokemon were unpredictable and he realised that if he ever needed to make use of pokemon to clear out environments like these, he may have to build up more of a bond with his pokemon, even to train them if he can.

[break][break] But that was for later, the dugtrios were cleared and the path inside the cave was clear. He ran along and his two pokemon followed, leading to a series of well-built pillars and constructions in the mix, with the constructions belonging to the archaeologists. Vincent had a look around, as the site itself was familiar to him. His eyes were first laid upon a wooden table with the combined findings of Vincent and Jackson, only this time, it was littered with the findings Jackson made. A few relics that he'd have to investigate later, but the main object is the tablet. The writing itself is still unknown to Vincent, at least at the moment, when he's back at a place where he can properly reference the writings, he's sure he can make a connection to something, anything.

[break][break] After the finding, Vincent's grin was as clear as day. If it weren't for his rather shifty look, it'd be accepted as a rather genuine smile. It instead made his smile look devious, an evil mastermind. "Thank you for your help on this. I owe you one and team rocket." now that they had what they were looking for, he thought back to his words from before and decided put both duskull and golett back into the poke balls. It was a good time as any to start getting away before someone realises what happened. Vincent had no choice but to go through back through the entrance but if questioned by a do-gooder, he does have the alibi of being an actual archaeologist, Lulu, on the other hand might be a bit more difficult. He had hoped for the best and decided to make his way back through the entrance, getting away from the scene of the crime as soon as possible.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 5:23:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@dread

lulu felt similarly, and it was a bit embarrassing. for this reason, she opted not to respond much, instead clearing her throat and giving a “yeah.” she brushed more sand off her shoulders, doing the same sort of dance. she disliked beaches (or walking on them at least) and sand as it was. it got everywhere. the feeling of it whipping her face for a series of minutes was enough to drop her mood considerably.

sensing the calm, she recalled her larger pokemon to their pokeballs, and then whistled low. her hound trotted out of the shadows again and to her side. she watched vincent run over to the table, allowing a small smile at the man’s enthusiasm. as he flashed his teeth, something in her instinctual core was alerted. there it was. that’s why he was in rocket. it was whatever the fuck was in that crooked grin.

still running a hand through her hair to remove the debris, she nodded. “you said it first.” she teased on the surface, but she hoped he was serious. she wanted to hear about his findings. she pulled a small notepad from a pocket inside her jacket and clicked a pen which appeared in her hand as well, jotting down a phone number and handing it to him. “keep me updated, then, if you would.” with that, she parted ways at the entrance, recalling her houndoom, releasing a hydreigon beneath her and taking off. she figured if the answer was no, she’d find out anyways.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 7:49:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@dread