8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 8:31:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Lopez."

Fernando stands at attention with his Silvally hot on his heels. Despite its previous temper tantrum during the Three Day War it has proven nothing short of obedient in the face of his 'reeducation'. When they come to a stop it sits down immediately, staring straight ahead, waiting for further orders lest its trainer decides to show it the difference between negative and positive reinforcement.

"I found something interesting in the underground." He presents his findings, two memory discs, onto the table so the many can see them in action. Fernando holds one in his hand, balancing the disk between his index finger and his thumb. "I would have never put one and one together but an analysis of these 'memories' show some relation to PROJECT: BEAST KILLER."

He looks at the trainer expectantly; Kyle has been proven to withhold secrets from him. It's about time he confronts him whenever he has a question about the unknown.

"Any idea what that is?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 18:19:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he approaches fernando in casual attire, sipping on his boba when he finally finds him. while he shouldn't be surprised at his silvally, especially since a lot of trainers have shown theirs during the three day war, his eyes still gravitate towards the chimera since it looks different than a regular pokemon.

fernando gives a narrative that kyle can relate to, mostly because he has similar memory disks taken from the similar underground tour as well. he chews on a pearl, swallowing as fernando finishes his explanation.

"kinda," he answers. it was mentioned in the instructions manual that came with assembling the type:null, so he has a gist of what it was supposed to do. kyle doesn't have the specifics at the moment, however. "it's something you can let your beast killer hold. kinda like..."

with his hand that doesn't hold the boba, he weakly extends his palm towards one of the disks, hovering it on one of them. "may i?" asking for permission was necessary despite how close he assumes the two of them are. he doesn't take fernando as the type to share after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 6:56:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hold?"

Unlike his Silvally, Fernando's has never shown any signs of being able to accommodate the memory disk in any fashion outside of holding it between its jaws. Considering how prone it would be to breaking, Fernando scratches the idea out entirely."

"Go ahead," he insists. Now that Kyle has his interest, there's no reason to be wary. After all, it's not like anyone can take his key item and run off without his permission.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:47:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes the disk from fernando before approaching the silvally beside him. it's only when he realizes that the silvally would most likely attack if it has a similar temparament as his own, only to be reminded that fernando trains his pokemon a little bit different than kyle would.

kyle swallos, hoping for the best, and reaches for the drives where its ears should be. he taps them twice in succession, as he would for his silvally to get it to open, and watches in awe as it works for fernando's as well.

"like this."

he inserts the memory onto the silvally's drive, much like how he had seen his release a disk during the slateport blackout. as soon as it's properly in place, he pushes the drive back to its place.

"i haven't actually tried this on mine because he doesn't like me tampering with him," kyle confesses as he steps away from the silvally, "but it goes there, i think."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 11:03:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Nature versus nurture. Can Kyle and Fernando's method of Pokemon rearing differ enough for Silvy not to lash out. The answer leans heavily to 'no' as the Silvally flashes its fangs when Kyle comes too close. "Euh!" A resounding grunt from Fernando kills the attitude immediately though. He scolds it like he might a fledgling and whatever he's done to it is enough to get the Pokemon to stand down with a mild whimper.

Kyle taps the memory cap twice and it pops open before sliding several times to expose the loading dock. Once inserted, the rest becomes history. The whirling sound of the memory being docked comes to a close when the Silvally's eyes change color to match the WATER MEMORY.

The three prong spikes from its head as well as its tail fin shift color as well. Aside from the slight palette change, the Pokemon remains familiar. "Interesting," Fernando mumbles, trying to infer the underlying concept behind such as transformation.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 9:02:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the silvally shifts in appearance before his eyes. it wasn't drastic, but it's noticeable enough for kyle to be able to make a distinction between its new forme and its previous one. much like fernando, he's in awe with what he's seeing despite being the one responsible for it.

"guess i know what i'm getting mine to do later when i get back home," he muses out loud.

folding his arms, he tries to look for more differences besides its color. the manual they came with did not have that much visuals and had only relied on worded descriptions.

"multi-attack," he blurts out all of a sudden. "mine used that move a lot when he evolved. did yours happen during the third day of the war too?"

there are multiple reports for each warfront that mentioned a type:null evolving, alongside names of their respective trainers. the only assumption he can make is that each of them got theirs the same method as him, besides maybe fernando. he was pretty sure that he would've read the manual if he got one.

"it should have the same typing as the memory, supposedly. want to try it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 5:06:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Multi-attack?"

Fernando's not sure how to identify the attack. Unlike the other Silvally owners, his was purchased used. The instruction set given to those who partook in the Shady Dealings with Juliard are lost to time. The extent of his own knowledge only extends to the glimpse he managed to peek at during the odd rift between times.

"I'm not sure. Maybe?"

The showdown in Meteor Falls lead to a series of odd phenomenon. How much he can remember and identify slips through the cracks. Uncertainty plagues his answer and it shows with his lack of conviction.

"Hm. Let's test it."

Fernando takes a few steps back before clapping his hands.

"Silvy! Multi-attack."

It stares at him absently, unfamiliar with the technique. After a short pause, it turns to Kyle as well, expectant, but just as confused.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 15:45:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"...is yours defective?" he asks, cocking his head to match the silvally's confused state.

kyle scratches the back of his head as he tries to think why fernando's wouldn't be able to use his. it's another thing that clues kyle in that fernando got his from a different source. he doesn't bring it up though since he figures it's none of his business.

"i'd take mine and show how the move works, but he's all the way over to verdanturf so i can't just take him out of my pc."

it was a convenient excuse since it's actually true and kyle doesn't have to bend the truth to get out of the situation of having to teach silph's silvally the move scot-free.

"have you tried asking the people with one of them how they do it?" reports from the war had big names, surprisingly those that kyle doesn't see participating in shady dealings, with one. " , , ... you're close with them too, right? i've seen you actually talk to them on topics that aren't related to work. you can ask them to show it to you if you want some time, hehe."

kyle tactic number 1: shift the responsibility to someone else more capable so he doesn't have to do it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 10:56:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"You let yours out without supervision?"

Fernando can't even begin to consider giving his Silvally that much freedom. Not after the incident on the warfront. Having a Pokemon lash out like that, even in the most unusual of circumstances, is ground for immediate termination. Only the novelty of being an undiscovered Pokemon grants it clemency where others would be given away or put down.

"Bronwen and Anderson don't seem to have that great a handle on theirs. All three of ours turned against us during the war."

Fernando's also not willing to admit that those two have more important things to worry about. Given Lar's position and Stormy's declining mental strength after her encounter with Necrozma, Fernando opts to distance himself from the two in regards to non-business related matters. He'll break the ice with both of them sooner rather than later but for now Kyle is his best option.

"As for Lykos, he's neck deep in work, as he should be."

He doesn't catch that Kyle is just trying to throw him off. Not up front at least.

"I can wait. It's been a while since I've visited your house. Not as dusty, I hope."

And, naturally, he invites himself.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:47:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it kinda has a very... interesting personality." revealing that it got most of its habits from its environment wasn't optimal cause kyle doesn't want to hurt his image further. "let's just say that it's my house's guard dog."

his strat is countered by legitimate excuses. "mine turned on me as well even though i got along with it beforehand," he argues, although eventually, he figures that it wouldn't be enough to dissuade. adding more to his list of excuses would just make his future attempts more ineffective.

he sighs, deciding to give up eventually. he asks one quick inquiry though.

"where did you even get your type:null?" there should be a manual if he received his from the same source as them.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:57:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah." He'd follow up with 'I see' in most normal circumstances but that would be a lie. That being said, seeing how Kyle raise his in contrast to his own does perk his interest. What denotes Lopez's 'guard dog'?

"Then perhaps something triggered them. I wonder if it happened at the same time like a timer." Fernando ponders the thought with an audible hum before dismissing the thought. It's over now and there will be a chance to consider this when he's free, on his own accord.

"Oh?" The question catches him off guard, spurring his own in return. "I bought it off the Global Trade. Must have been a trainer that thought they weren't capable of raising it on their own." Seeing how Annie Mei turned out, perhaps there was some merit in such judgement. "How about you?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 16:30:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"someone did..." kyle pinches the bridge of his nose when he learns that someone can trade off a perfectly rare pokemon, especially after the trouble of getting one. "guess that's reasonable."

he supposed the actual procedure deemed to be too much for the one that made fernando's type:null and couldn't handle the guilt of doing something illegal, or something like that. at this point, kyle can only guess. there's no point worrying about something that he shouldn't waste energy on.

"not the same as you, i'm guessing." he shrugs and sighs. "i'm getting in trouble if i say my source. you understand me, right?" he crosses his arms and tries to think of a better alternative than say it himself.

"maybe you can pry one of the others for info. one of them has to owe you for something. that way, i don't have to confess to it."

he smiles, lips curving to a smirk.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 0:00:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "..."

Fernando stares at Kyle for a moment before scowling, eyebrow knotted, eyes narrowed. The way the councilman paints his judgement of his personal pick is fraught with annoyance and disappointment.

"Lopez. How did you get your Beast Killer?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 5:45:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why me...?" he mutters, a hand sweeping back his hair as he eases himself to his situation.

he collects himself, wondering why the universe has decided that he has to be the snitch to fernando out of everyone that has acquired a type:null. he heaves a sigh before resigning himself to at least convincing himself that fernando owes him for this.

"alright, fine. remember the time around october of 2019? back when cotillard was caught?" he gives fernando a few moments to recall the event if he does have it at the back of his mind. "i got one of them from his lab during his arrest."

he leaves the specifics of how he got it and leaves fernando to fill in the blanks with deductive reasoning. assumptions will have to do since he can't be bothered to explain the whole process to him.

"others probably nabbed theirs too from him too, i guess." he scratches the back of his head before turning back to the councilman. "ever wonder why he developed 'beast killers' when megalopolans utilized ultra beasts as their main weapons?" he ponders, extending the question to fernando.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MEMORY
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:09:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah." That makes sense. What doesn't is how none of them have ever brought it up. Not with him at least and that in itself is a travesty that begets reprimand. Fortunately for those affected, they all prove too valuable to spite for no reason. Just like how Fernando's long standing awareness of Cosmog, a piece of information he sat on from Cait, he'll allow the fact to fester until needed.

No point in stirring a Vespiquen nest.

"I don't know." He pauses, facial muscles relaxing. He still points a question back at Kyle, expectantly. "You're the Ultra Space expert, you tell me."

But he could hedge a guess.