awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 20:11:52 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“See that? That's a hundred. You have to give me full price because you can't deny I aced that one!”

The cold of December passes on with the coming year but it has never bothered Valerio. His body is sweating, adrenaline coursing through his veins as he finally attempts to pull a record-breaking win at the festival's strongman game. The perspiration running down his face is the sign of his persistence to get the grand prize, giving all his strength just to push the puck up a notch, reaching into its maximum possible height.

What's at stake here is a dragapult plushie. He can't just let others win.

“Oh, come one. How come he only gives me this?” Valerio rants at the person behind him, who may have a bewildered look at their face. What happens is that the puck doesn't just hit the target. It flies over the grounds and Arceus-knows-where it has landed.

Disappointed, the redhead shoos away the approaching person in the game and puts his shoulder around them with the familiar overfriendliness, walking them on the opposite direction. “You don't want to try your luck in there. The game is just purely unfair.”

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 20:58:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.nano-box] height:300px; width:500px; background:#fff; position:relative; overflow:hidden; border-radius:10px; border:1px #FDEDEC solid; font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-side]height:260px;width:120px;background:#FDEDEC;position:absolute;left:0px;padding:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url("https://i.imgur.com/dngg994.gif");position:relative;top:35px;border-radius:50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-bottom]height:15px;width:340px;background:#FADBD8;position:absolute;right:0px;bottom:0px;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th]font-size:150px;color:#F8F9F9;position:absolute;bottom:-20px;right:-20px;z-index:0;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-details]height:100px;width:280px;position:absolute;top:125px;left:-60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-dimensions]padding:5px;max-width:108px;position:relative;top:40px;background:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-color] display:inline-block; height:30px; width:55px; margin:1px; position:relative; top:43px; border:1px #fff solid; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-textbox] height:200px; width:150px; border:2px solid; border-color:transparent #FDEDEC transparent transparent; position:relative; padding:20px; left:20px; top:25px; background:transparent; z-index:1; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-text]height:200px;width:150px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-rules]height:200px;width:100px;font-size:12px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:45px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-box b] color:#F1948A; [/newclass]

[break][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","sora"]

[attr="class","sora-large"]

[attr="class","sora-transparent"]

[attr="class","sora-small"]

[attr="class","sora-icon"]

[attr="class","sora-text-box"]

[attr="class","sora-text"]

This was the first time for Chloe to experience this kind of event. Sure she knew what new years was, and she new what festivals were. That didn't mean she was allowed to go to them though. The way her family celebrated any holiday was just with a big fancy dinner. She felt very cheated festivals were amazing! Chloe's eyes wouldn't stop spinning as she looked in every direction trying to watch and observe everything all in one go. 
[break][break]

She waited in line for a food stand for over half an hour, but the wait was well worth it. The food that she got was simply amazing! She already forgot the name - it was something foreign but god was it heavenly. Chloe had been savoring every single bite of the food she got, each time she took a bite her eyes lit up with pure admiration. The festival had so much to offer, and Chloe hasn't seen much of it. The ranger was relieved that she was allowed to have some time off. She thought she was a genius for deciding to come to the festival. Already, Chloe had plans of returning for the next several years. 
[break][break]
The next stop was a game booth. Again, the line seemed rather long - longer then the food stand one because well, there had been a problem. Although she didn't pay any mind to the guy in front of her. Chloe had been star struck by the passing by fireworks and watched on with delight each time. She was overly happy when she saw a firework that looked like a pikachu. She did not care one bit what the guy in front of her had been saying or doing. 
[break][break]
When a sudden arm wrapped around her shoulder and before she knew it, she was whisked away from the line. Chloe had no idea who, and why this person was doing such a thing. In all the chaos, she accidently dropped her food. In complete and utter disbelief, Chloe whacked the arm of the stranger. "Hey buddy! You owe me another takiyaki!" She probably butchered the pronunciation, but she didn't care. 

[attr="class","sora-tag"]

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.sora] height:500px; width:350px; background:#000; border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-large] height:500px; width:350px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/JiFHmgh.jpg"); border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-transparent] height:350px; width:250px; background:transparent;border:1px solid #fff; position:absolute; top:70px; left:50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-small] height:450px; width:500px; background-image: linear-gradient(#EBF5FB, #EBF5FB, #FDEBD0); border-radius:200px 200px 0px 0px; position:absolute; bottom:-350px; right:-75px; transition:0.8s ease [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-icon] height:100px; width:100px; border:20px solid #EBF5FB; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/dngg994.gif"); border-radius:100px; position:relative; top:-40px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text-box]height:290px;width:280px;background:#fff;padding:20px;position:relative;top:-40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text] height:250px; width:200px; background:#fff; overflow:auto; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; position:relative; top:20px; left:5px; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#909497;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sora:hover .sora-small] -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; bottom:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass] [newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #EBF5FB; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-tag]font-size:9px;position:absolute;bottom:20px;left:60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text b]color:#17202A;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 4:13:43 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“I mean, it isn't my fault if your grip is too weak.”

Valerio averts his gaze the moment her food drops on the ground. He immediately retracts his arms, then folds them as crimson eyes inspects the girl in-front of him.

“And I'm just doing you a favor not to get scammed by that fraud of a game!”

He figures she won't budge, and with a deep sigh, heeds to her request.

“All right. I'll buy you another one, but first you have to join me get to that game.” He points toward where there is a magikarp catching. “And another thing: it's ta-KO-yaki, not takayaki.”

MISSION: FESTIVAL FANTASIES (BB)

#@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 5:33:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.nano-box] height:300px; width:500px; background:#fff; position:relative; overflow:hidden; border-radius:10px; border:1px #FDEDEC solid; font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-side]height:260px;width:120px;background:#FDEDEC;position:absolute;left:0px;padding:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-icon]height:100px;width:100px;background:url("https://i.imgur.com/dngg994.gif");position:relative;top:35px;border-radius:50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-bottom]height:15px;width:340px;background:#FADBD8;position:absolute;right:0px;bottom:0px;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th]font-size:150px;color:#F8F9F9;position:absolute;bottom:-20px;right:-20px;z-index:0;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-details]height:100px;width:280px;position:absolute;top:125px;left:-60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-dimensions]padding:5px;max-width:108px;position:relative;top:40px;background:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-color] display:inline-block; height:30px; width:55px; margin:1px; position:relative; top:43px; border:1px #fff solid; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-textbox] height:200px; width:150px; border:2px solid; border-color:transparent #FDEDEC transparent transparent; position:relative; padding:20px; left:20px; top:25px; background:transparent; z-index:1; [/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-text]height:200px;width:150px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.nano-rules]height:200px;width:100px;font-size:12px;position:absolute;right:15px;top:45px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[break][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","sora"]

Well the man had a point. Although Chloe had not expected an older man to so suddenly whisk her away. So she blamed it on him for making her drop it. She was about to argue back at Valerio, but to her surprise he had agreed faster then she thought. Instantly her small anger vanished and her eyes lit up with joy. "Wow Really? Then can you buy me five of them?" Chloe would have bought more of the Takoyaki, if only her wallet wasn't completely broke. She gave the taller man a friendly nudge against his stomach with her shoulder. Although she figured that it would be a long shot. She was joking but still had hope that he would agree. 

[break][break]
When he suddenly mentioned the game they were both at, Chloe looked at him with confusion. "Huh!? That game isn't a scam. The first time I attempted it I easily won this!" She proudly showed off a dinky psyduck plushy, that had been previously stuffed inside a large tote bag she had been carrying around. Her eyes looked towards the game he pointed out, a mischievous look formed on Chloe's face. "Sounds good to me. I'm great at festival games." That was a total bluff. She only believed so because the old man gave her the psyduck plushy purely out of pity. This was her first time at a festival after all. Normally Chloe wouldn't be so informal with someone older either. It was the craziness of the festival that had her so eager. 

[break][break]
"Wha? TakiYaki?" She repeated after the man, still no where close to how the word actually sounded. She shrugged him off, "It's my first time I've ever had it, but it's so good!" Chloe eyed other food stands her excitement continued to grow. Under her breath, she continued to try and pronounce the word, still not quite able to say it. 

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

[newclass=.sora] height:500px; width:350px; background:#000; border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-large] height:500px; width:350px; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/JiFHmgh.jpg"); border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-transparent] height:350px; width:250px; background:transparent;border:1px solid #fff; position:absolute; top:70px; left:50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-small] height:450px; width:500px; background-image: linear-gradient(#EBF5FB, #EBF5FB, #FDEBD0); border-radius:200px 200px 0px 0px; position:absolute; bottom:-350px; right:-75px; transition:0.8s ease [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-icon] height:100px; width:100px; border:20px solid #EBF5FB; background:url("https://i.imgur.com/dngg994.gif"); border-radius:100px; position:relative; top:-40px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text-box]height:290px;width:280px;background:#fff;padding:20px;position:relative;top:-40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text] height:250px; width:200px; background:#fff; overflow:auto; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; position:relative; top:20px; left:5px; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#909497;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sora:hover .sora-small] -webkit-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; -moz-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; o-transition: 0.8s all ease-in-out; bottom:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar] width: 1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #fff; [/newclass] [newclass=.sora-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: #EBF5FB; [/newclass]

[newclass=.sora-tag]font-size:9px;position:absolute;bottom:20px;left:60px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 20:23:29 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“Yeah, right. They said hit it high, correct? And what happens when I hit it so high that the puck flies out of the tower? They don't give me my dragapult plushie!”

It is a funny sight for a 38-year-old man sulking about not getting his toy with a lady of her early twenties being proud of psyduck doll. Perhaps, it is because Valerio is truly enjoying the festival and he does not expect something like that to happen.

His palm meets his face when the girl pronounces the food wrong again, all his Kantonese knowledge agitating him but as he breathes out and tries to collect his calm, he decides not to mention it again.

I'll buy you five if you actually win the game. So now the question is: can you?”

#@chloe
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 21:40:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[break][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","sora"]

The festival gathered a lot more people then Chloe had expected. Large crowds of people filled the streets with rambunctious laughter, the sound of distant cheering and joy at the firing of countless fireworks that colored the darkened night sky with images of smiling pokemon. Chloe found it hard to believe that so many people were so lively and happy in the cold winter. Glancing back at the older man, she found it difficult to hear him throughout all the chaos in the festival. Managing to catch some of his words, she surprisingly took his side when it came to the issue. "Yes! That's very unfair! You've practically beaten the game at the point." Chloe said with a disappointed huff. "Maybe they were just angry because you broke the game? When we left they didn't seem very happy with the lost puck." She said trying to reason why the wouldn't give out an award, when she had been able to easily win the psyduck plushy. 

[break][break]
Glancing at the game that the man had mentioned Chloe felt that it would be a lot easier compared to the one they were at before. Feeling slightly embarrassed at what she had told the man earlier her cheeks had turned slightly red. "Oh! I was only Joking." She said with a nervous chuckle her cheeks turning even more red, hoping that the older man would think it was because of the chill not because she was embarrassed. Though she still felt determined to win, she had a look towards the prize wall and saw that there had been a plushy that the older man seemed to want at the other game. "Don't Worry Though! I will totally win that for you!" She brimmed with confidence and pointed at the dragapult plushy. 

[break][break]
"Name's Chloe! Chloe Porter, Thanks for spending time with me at the festival!" She extended her hand out towards the man and put on a warm smile. "Festivals sure are cool!" She added on her smile widening, her eyes dazzled in awe as she watched more fireworks bloom into smiling pokemon. 

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 13:48:57 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
Hearing her words of support that doesn't sound supportive at all, Valerio huffs and rolls his eyes.

“Not my problem!”

He is not weirded out that the girl is very enthusiastic about the festival. He thinks everyone is really happy with it, considering all the things that happened before. Hoenn sure needs an escape and this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

“Mine's Jonathan.”

But something about Chloe weirds him out that is different among the rest of the people. Is it her first time in the festival? However, he cannot care less about the fact especially when his eyes have already wandered at the display of prizes that they can win with the fishing game. And lo and behold, they also give out the dragapult plushie he's been yearning for.

There's only one problem.

“Are you really sure you can carry a 10-kilogram magikarp by the net? Cause if you do I'll really buy you those snacks you're craving for.”

#@chloe
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 8:15:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[break][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","sora"]

Chloe chuckled at Jonathan, he seemed to be sad that he couldn't get the plushy from the other game. "In any case, pleasure to meet you Jonathan!" 
Jonathan seemed to be a little hot headed, seeing at how he responded earlier. Though Chloe felt like he was still a nice guy, maybe just needed to work on his temper. 
[break][break]
The line to the festival game also moved at a relative slow place, similar to the one they have met at before hands. Chloe remained silent she couldn't really find anything to say. She was sure that the guy was under the impression that this had been her first time at a festival, if that wasn't strange enough. When he finally said something, Chloe felt a little nervous at his question. This had been her first time she ever played the game, but with the way he described it - she figured it couldn't be to hard. She was able to carry anything over ten pounds with relatively easily. Chloe couldn't promise that she'd win but there was one thing that she was able to promise. "I'll try my best!" Her eyes glimmered with determination, she would love to make someone happy if all it took was to win a plushy. 
[break][break]
As they approached the front of the line, the worker glanced at Chloe. A cheerfulness heard in his tone. 
[break][break]
"Alright Miss, all you need to do is fish for the magikarp. The heavier they are, the better prizes! 30 kilograms wins anything from the top row." The worker pointed towards the row Dragapult had been in. "Sounds simple enough!" She responded confidently taking, the fishing net from the kind man. Approaching the location where she would need to fish,  it was a little difficult to tell how heavy the magikarp exactly were. They didn't exactly come with labels after all. Chloe figured that the bigger they were, the heavier they had to be. She eyed the largest magikarp swimming in the tank, waiting patiently for it to come near, and when it did. Chloe reacted in a flash - not giving the poor pokemon a chance. Just by pure force of the pokemon, Chloe figured it would be around to twenty kilograms.. 
[break][break] After a brief struggle to maintain the pokemon, Chloe managed to release it back into the weighing tank. Which exactly read thirty kilograms. Even Chloe was surprised, if her math was correct.. that was at least sixty pounds she never managed to carry that much before.. In any case she had been very pleased with herself. 
"Your prize miss?" Turning back to the worker she smiled and eagerly pointed at the Dragapult plushy. The worker gave it to her no questions asked. 

[break][break]
"Here you go Jonathan!" Chloe said with a bright smile, sliding the plushy into the older mans hands. She wiped some sweat of her forehead "Man that was a lot harder then I thought! I got lucky!" She said with a lively chuckle, she was glad that she managed to win what the man wanted. 

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 6:27:39 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
All hints of fluster, confusion, and surprise is painted on Valerio's face as he watches Chloe what is said to be 30-kilogram magikarp by his hands on a net that is supposed to be weak enough to carry such things.

But maybe the gamemaster figures magikarps to be dumb creature who will not just swim away at the face of danger.

“Hehe, thanks.”

He takes the plushie with visible carefulness, wary as not to agitate the girl who now looks like can spar with a mid-30 aged man like him.

“I don't even want to think about how you did it.”

He offers, considering that it is an understatement on how she manages to do such a thing. An idea pops inside his head, trying to get on the good side of the lady. At least they can end the night with good terms, for he doubts if he will see her again in the future.

He hopes not.

“So, ta-KO-yaki?”

#@chloe
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:37:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","sora"]

"No problem!" Chloe replied cheerfully, she was amused to see the older man so happy over the doll. Well she wasn't one to judge, she also really liked the psyduck plushy she had won earlier. Chloe wasn't honestly sure herself how she managed to win. She figured that the worker took a liking to her or something and just gave her the plushy. Maybe she was just had some insane luck, but she tried not to over think it.

[break][break]
Chloe was enticed into getting more Takoyaki, but she didn't want to make him spend money for her. She could always return and buy some when her wallet wasn't crying. "That's ok!" Tilting her head she once again tried to say the word - only to please Jonathan. "Takoyaki right?" Chloe asked smiling, pleased that she finally got it right.
[break][break]
Suddenly all the street lights flickered off, and a sudden announcement about how there would now be releasing lanterns into the sky made Chloe feel very thrilled. "Well I'm going over there to watch the lanterns. Your free to join me if you want, but if not - nice meeting you Jonathan!" Chloe began to walk off towards the direction in the large crowd who had also been gathering to send off the lanterns.

"

nano

[googlefont=Roboto]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
festival fever [m/o]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 4:05:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@chloe