siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
new year's blowout [M/BB]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 10:27:19 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

Go to the festival, they said. It'd be fun, they said.

Clang!

Alek stood outside one of many game booths the festival had to offer. A certain purple booth in particular with a flaming baseball decal painted on its signboard, weathered and grimy to a point where the supposed flames seemed to have already burnt the ball. Inside the booth were ten cans stacked up on one another formed into that of a pyramidal shape with each layer having less and less cans from bottom to top.

"Yeah, better luck next time. Another 10pd?" The booth manager said with a smirk to his face.

"These are fuzzy balls." Alek stated, curtly, evidently pissed as seem with his grimace. "Uhuh, what about it?" The man over the booth's counter retorted. "It was a miracle it even made a sound when I hit the cans." Alek snapped back.

"10pd and you'll see it ain't"

Alek handed a pair of coins for the booth manage to nab, exchanging said coins with yet another fuzzy purple ball. With all his frustration built up to empower his throw, Alek gave it yet another shot. The ball, despite obviously designed to fail, had hit the stack of cans hard enough to knock the whole tower down.

"No way." Said the booth manager, furious of Alek's natural success. "You've cheated, you've got to!"

[ OOC ] + bb mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 12:18:05 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Cogimo loved festivals. They were one of his favorite events over the year when he was able to wear a comfy yukata, walk around with his pokemon and enjoy a wide variety of stall foods. Not even talking about all the wonderful games. This year he wasn't with his family in Rustboru as he decided to check out what Slatesport had to offer. It wasn't bad at all. The festival was slightly larger and, such, he even had more room to release all his pokemon so they wouldn't feel abandoned. Especially, Boink, who still had no way of movement.[break]
So, here he was in his olive green yukata, surrounded by a cottonee that seemed not to be able to decide where it wanted to float, a tiny morelull that was perched on its trainer's shoulder, 5 feet tall aegislash just hovering behind his back, and a big ferroseed cradled in his arms. From time to time they would stop when Whimsy saw something interesting or when Cogimo wanted to try a game or taste a dish. While enjoying some kind of skewer, he couldn't help himself from hearing the conversation between some guy and a booth owner. It was obvious the whole thing was a scam, but the man seemed painfully obvious...And, apparently, petty. He finished his stick, coming closer to both males.[break]"Sorry, I couldn't keep myself from hearing your conversation. Can I try?" The boy then put his 45 lbs. heavy ferroseed on the ledge before paying 10 pb and taking a ball. Working on a farm, as well as, carrying around heavy baby pokemon paid off as he threw the fluffy ball and it crashed through the can tower. Cogimo smiled, fist-bumping Boink that just laid there on the shelve.[break]
At first, seemed that the game owner will say something but a sudden, cold shiver went through his spine as, both, the morelull and the aegislash were staring at him intensively. As if just waiting for the man to do something. In that place, he pulled on a painfully fake smile, asking both males what they would like for a prize. Cogimo was surprised, not noticing the threatening aura that had come out of his pokemon, but didn't really complain that there won't be any more arguing. The boy picked a ferroseed plushy, a friend for Boink, before turning to the stranger. "Hello, I'm Cogimo! Let's go for some shaved ice?" He did see some a bit further away and wouldn't mind company while enjoying the treat.

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 9:46:52 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"Nice throw." He said, satisfied with the booth manager's bewildered look. He plucked one of the larger of plushies amongst the bunch; a black wooloo plushie. Though he's not one to enjoy stuffed plushies, he thought it was well worth it after losing 30 dollars only to spite the booth owner.

"The name's Alek" He replied, returning the courtesy he had received. "Eh, sure. I'd be down for some." Alek shrugged. It wouldn't hurt to get a serving of shaved ice with whoever it was, shutting the booth owner up and out of his smugness was enough to give the stranger some trust.

"No wonder." Alek blurted, noticing his new company and the pokemon he had with him. "If I recall, ferroseeds are heavy despite their size, partly due to its diet of various minerals. Looking at your ferroseed's spikes I can say that-"

Alek had cut himself mid sentence. A grimace formed on his face, noticing that he was, yet again, carried away with what he was saying; babbling of his mental notes out loud.

"You lead the way." He cleared his throat.

[ OOC ] + bb mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 15:02:58 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
As the man, Alek, took up Cogimo's offer for shaved ice he started speaking out facts about the ferroseed the student had been carrying. The boy's eyes were wide in wonder, mouth turned into a small 'o'. It wasn't that Cogimo didn't know these things about his own pokemon, but when the man spoke it did sound so much more intelligent. On top of that, he sounded sure about the facts. Like he trusted himself. The boy couldn't relate.[break]"No, no! Do go on! What else you know?" At that moment Whimsy, his cottonee, landed on the boy's brown head, demanding affection.[break]"Got tired little buddy? Hey," Cogimo yet again focused on this Alek individual, "what do you know about cottonees? Or, maybe..." The boy looked at the morelull that was sitting on his shoulder, "Yeee, what do you know about cottonees?"

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 2:50:00 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"Ah, well the size of your ferroseed's thorns do indicate it's in good health." He continued as they went towards the stand for their purchase of shaved ice. Sure enough, Alek was surprised of Cogimo's reaction to his mindless blabbering; when often he'd receive judging glares, he was instead given a form of intrigue. So why not, he thought, indulge the man of what he knew

"Cottonees are usually found in groups, flock together with their bodies stuck on each other, like a cloud..." He recalled, trailing off as he tried to regain information from his brain. "Able to move from region to region with help of strong winds." Alek added.

"There's some farms out there who specialize on cottonee if I recall, they produce, ship, and sell the finest of pillows and mattresses. If you see someone rich, your best bet is that they sleep on cottonee beds at night." Alek continued, stating so casually without much regard towards Cogimo's stance on said matter. Though what's the big deal with protesters against pokemon farming in the first place? Not that it's a problem, humans simply had to get they most out of pokemon. He grimaced as he dismissed the thought.

"And shouldn't they be in their balls?" He pried. "It seems too much of a hassle even just having to carry that ferroseed around."

[ OOC ] + bb mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 10:03:46 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Hearing the man's comment on Boink's health, Cogimo smiled down to his pokemon, petting its hard shell in affection.[break]"Nice to hear that those mineral baths did some good. Cleaning after them is no fun." He then chuckled before getting wrapped up once again in the knowledge this guy was pouring out of himself. His eyebrows did pull together once the bed thing was mentioned, but it was more of confusion than anything else.[break]"Like, beds and pillows made from cottonee's wool? I know my mom makes some sort of fabric by mixing cottonee's cotton with Eldegoss's. I also sell what I trim off from this little fellow to this one textile major. She gives me cool shirts from time to time." The cotton puff pokemon made more chirping sounds while bouncing up and down on his trainer's head.[break]
"I guess..." The student just shrugged, "But Boink doesn't like staying in his pokeball. He, also, can't move around on his own, but I want him to socialize." Cogimo then smiled, while looking at each of his pokemon. "Plus, it's family time. Would be mean to leave him there when everyone else is out and about." More happy chirping sounds could be heard from Whimsy.[break]"Though, I wonder..." The boy spoke as they approached the shave ice stall, "When do ferroseeds evolve? I have had Boink for...8 years, now. Soon it will be nine."

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 13:03:21 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"That's top notch fabric." Alek assured. "Your mother knows what she's doing." With the way he talked and how he had described of their practice with regards to pokemon, the scientist from rocket could only hypothesize that Cogimo was far from the usual city slicker.

Hearing of his interest to know more brought the smallest smidge of joy to Alek, despite not showing it. Though he may usually be a tactless man who'd set no limits for the sake of discovery, he's still a researcher who has great joy when sharing his knowledge to those willing to partake.

"Eight years is an awful lot." He answered. "Maybe you'd have more luck bringing him to more caverns, let him stick against cavern walls to absorb more minerals; really just expose him to more mineral rich environments. If you're growing berries, it would probably be beneficial to let him near the growing crops to get some excess nutrients."

After answering Cogimo, Alek then leaned towards the ice stall seeing that it was now their turn on the line. "Blue raspberry for me." He said towards the server before turning back to look at Cogimo. "And he'll have..." He trailed off, as if to signal his company that was his turn to state his order.

[ OOC ] + bb mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 14:31:46 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Cogimo got lost in thoughts once more after his companion's suggestion.[break]"We haven't visited the caves this year, I guess. I think the last time was when I needed a dusk stone for Markiz here." He then pointed in the direction of the aegislash that was floating close to both of them, its purple stone eye focused on the black-haired male. "We didn't really go there for that reason, it was a family trip to relax, but I ended up finding one after falling into an abandoned shaft. It was a bit scary but, mostly, fun."[break]
The boy turned to booth's tender, giving them another of his bright smile while making an order, "Red strawberry, please!" He pulled Markiz closer to himself so he could reach the cloth bag attached to the pokemon's arm. It had money inside. After paying, he turned again towards Alek and started walking in a random direction, talking between bites.[break]
"You are quite knowledgeable, are you studying something pokemon-related? Or, maybe, already finished it?"

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 15:18:37 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

As they await for their order to be made, Alek listened to the story Cogmo had provided. He lived a simple life, it seemed, something he never truly experienced much as a kid. All of his past memories were of books and online articles, carcasses of pokemon to be dissected and examined. Perhaps his parents were partially responsible of his unhealthy obsessions.

Yet still, he was thankful for them, for if not for the pressure they instilled, he would have been another irrelevant speck on an ever expanding universe. At the very least, he was contributing for the progress of humanity.

"I've got my doctorate in science and pokemon studies. A scientist, I suppose, is what you may call me." He replied nonchalantly as he grabbed his order off of the server. Given his payment, Alek followed Cogmo on his walk, taking a bite off of his cold treat as the other spoke.

"You've got heart." He said. "It's never too late for more advanced studies. I'm sure you'd fare well given more information. I can tell by the way you look, talk, move, and treat your pokemon that you're very much in tune with them, no? Aspiring breeder? Farmer?..." Alek said, throwing educated guesses as he shared his fair bit of deduction given what information he had gathered thus far.

He paused to give his snowcone another bite. "Either way, learning more about pokemon would certainly help a lot." With his large wooloo plushie on one hand and his snowcone on the other, Alek turned to Cogmo, halting his steps. "I wish you luck. I've got prior appointments tonight, only took a break for a bit; the others insisted." He waved his snowcone occupied hand. "Suppose I'll take my leave, and good one for dealing with that scam earlier."

[ OOC ] + bb mission

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

TurtleBoii

He/Him
August 25
Rustboro City
Gay
Student
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Always in gay panic.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cogimo
Cogimo Shimaru
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 16:31:51 GMT
Cogimo Shimaru Avatar
Cogimo, for sure, was impressed but not surprised. With how easily the man could pull out facts about pokemon, of course, he had ten times more education on hand than the other boy. Though, the younger one would blame no other than himself for that. But he won't lie, Alek's compliments made the boy blush, as well as, get a nice, warm feeling that his love for pokemon showed.[break]"I guess something in the middle. A little bit of everything? It's hard to explain my major as it's new and a bit experimental."[break]
His shy smile turned to frown soon, hearing that the pleasant man had to go. Here he was hoping that he could make him participate in magicarp catching. Maybe snoop out if the man is single and willing to mingle? But, oh well, there was nothing he could do to change that, so quickly gave him his last smile before turning the other way, ready to enjoy the rest of the festivities with his dear pokemon.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:22:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: