2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 12:27:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The trip to Mossadeep would be, for the most part, uneventful.

Chu-e takes the Flying Taxis. He gets airsick but it's not as bad as if they had taken a ship out to the island. The people in his small neck of the woods greet him, he waves and smiles and chats with a few of the locals. A few of them eye @fay curiously; he had been more than happy to pay for her ride, for her board, for anything she wanted.

It is a twenty minute walk to get to his house, away from the town proper and into the rolling fields of the island. Chu-e Choi lives alone on a large track of land in the dips of hills. Trees are in the distance on one side, the home of his closest neighbor on the other (still, just a dot in the distance), a shrine on top of the hill to the north, and the starting of a sandy beach on the south.

Two stories and well cared for. His home is nice. The kind of home that a family of four could live in and still have room to grow. Various pokemon can be spotted playing outside; a Mudsdale and Galarian Rapidash racing in the distance, a gaggle of canine pokemon chasing playfully after a group of Buneary, a few large cats lounging on the porch.

His home is very nice. It's warm and inviting on the inside.

And when Chu-e opens the door, a flood of kittens are all meowing up at him, begging for attention, six or seven of them of various species. The inside of the house is clean and nice, minimalist if not for the clutter of books and nicknacks on the shelves and table. It's cozy... but lonely. Chu-e lives alone and it shows, even if he tries his best to fill the space.

"This all okay?" He finally says to Fay, allowing her a chance to get adjusted to all the sights and sounds. Noticing the stranger, the kittens cluster around her, sniffing her curiously before they start to meow at her instead, demanding attention.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 7:34:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.derrick]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1979e6;[/newclass]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Well, Fay ended up drifting to sleep when she didn't mean to. Sleeping on a couch was a lot more comfortable then sleeping on the floor of a forest. Fay was a very light sleeper and would often wake to the most subtle of sounds or movements, her eyes shifted as she felt the skitty sleeping on top of her. She preferred to push the skitty away but ended up just allowing her to do whatever she liked. She had been somewhat used to Prim or Shadow falling asleep on her, Skittles wasn't to different compared to the two of them. She gave the skitty a gentle stroke between the ears and sat back up on the couch careful not to wake the pokemon.
[break][break]
Glancing over towards the gardevoir she found the smile a little unsettling but gave him a smile back. She wandered over towards the kitchen where Ji-Hoon was, taking a peak over towards the zoroark who still had been sleeping. Giving the pokemon a curious look she ignored her for the time being. Fay figured it'd be a good idea to introduce Prim and Shadow to the rest of Ji-Hoons pokemon. Taking out her pokeballs she released the two of them.
[break][break]
Prim almost immediately bounded over towards the Zoroark. Not showing care that the pokemon wanted to sleep, Prim was ready to play. The nickit it playfully pawed at the sleeping zoroark. Awaiting to see how she would respond. Shadow was more so interested in sleep, and hopped onto the couch curling up just like Skittles.
[break][break]
Fay tippy toed to glance over Ji-Hoon's shoulder, she had lingered in the kitchen for a few moments but wondered if he needed any help. "help?"

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.derrick b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 9:42:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Ivy would find herself joined by more than just her fellow Skarmory, a curious Togekiss and Altaria making their way for their fellow flying type. They meant no harm, just wanted to meet this new stranger.

Many pokemon seemed curious of @fay in general, thought they kept their distance more so than the cats did. Chu-e was amused at the girl being scared of the kittens, but he did shoo them away gently. Most of them did leave, at least, only a Skitty daring to stay. She looked proud of herself, trying to rub her head and side on Chu-e and Fay's legs.

"This is Sprinkles. She's the boss." Chu-e pointed to the Skitty, just started purring. But, he led them deeper inside and closed the door. A massive black lump was laying on a pillow in the corner, a Zoroark who seemed to be taking a nap. Chu-e motioned for Fay to take a seat on the couch as he moved into the kitchen.

"What do you want for dinner? I'm not the best cook, but I can follow a recipe." He was already washing his hands, checking his fridge and freezer. "Hmm... and you can stay downstairs or upstairs. The upstairs room is bigger but it will need to be cleaned out."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 10:30:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Fay's Skarmory was more then pleased upon meeting all the other flying types, Ivy had always been sweet and gentle. She took to the sky and flew around Mossdeep with her new found friends. Fay was relieved to see that the pokemon had began to scatter and blinked out of alarm, staring down at the skitty. Never would she imagine that a skitty would be in charge. Not to mention that her name hadn't been anything intimidating. Curiously Fay extended her hand towards the skitty, gently petting her as she did so. Feeling a little flustered and out of place, Fay scrambled to follow after Ji-Hoon.
[break][break]
As they approached the kitchen, the massive lump did catch Fay's eye. She knew it was a pokemon - just couldn't determine what it was exactly. She sat down at the cushy couch that Ji-Hoon pointed out towards her and thought about his question. Fay never really ate much, so she was unsure. Though one thing did come to mind. "Corndogs" It had become one of her favorite foods ever since Ji-Hoon had bought it for her. As for the room, Fay didn't really care but she did have a preference of sleeping downstairs. "I'll just stay downstairs.." She spoke with a yawn and began to blink her eyes felt heavy suddenly. Maybe traveling to Mossdeep tired her out more then she imagined. Laying down on the couch she briefly shut her eyes. She hadn't been sleeping just resting her eyes that was all.

+

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 13:07:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Sprinkles purred louder at the pets, pushing her head against @fay. She would follow after her when they went inside, hop up onto the couch next to her and knead the cushions to curl up against the girl, eager to leech her warmth and perhaps get more attention. Chu-e hummed from the kitchen, a small smile playing on his face. "You go ahead and nap if you're tired. It'll be a little bit before I'm done."

It was warm and quiet in the house, the asmr of Chu-e working in the kitchen a gentle backdrop.

If Fay did end up dozing off, she would wake back up to a small throw being draped over her, Sprinkles on top of it (and her) curled into a tight little ball and sleeping as well. The large black lump would have moved, stretched out in front of the couch almost protectively of the girl. The Zororark would have her eyes closed but her ears would be pricked with alertness.

The house would be filled with the scent of food, the sound of Chu-e still at work in the other room still present.

Most curiously, at the opposite end of the couch would be a Gardevoir with the TV turned on. He would be sitting up straight with his hands crossed over his lap. Prince, the Gardevoir, would smile at her when he noticed the girl was awake, giving her a small nod.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 21:21:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Fay unintentionally drifted asleep. She found that Ji-Hoon's couch was a lot more comfortable compared to the forest's floor. Though Fay was a pretty light sleeper waking up to subtle movement and or sounds, she had been awakened by Skittles when she jumped on to her. It wasn't really a problem for Fay since Prim or Shadow would sleep on top of her all the time. She sat back up being gentle not to wake the sleeping skitty, and wrapped the blanket around the curled up pokemon. She blinked towards the smiling gardevoir, a little startled by it's smile but she greeted him trying to be friendly. 
[break][break]
She figured it'd be a good chance to let her pokemon meet Ji-Hoons. Grabbing the pokeballs she released Prim and Shadow, Shadow was quick to copy the skitty. Leaping up onto the bed and curling herself up into a ball, drifting asleep. Prim however, the little rascal was more interested in playing. He wandered towards the sleeping Zoroark, pawing and nudging at her playfully. Not showing any care that all the Zoroark wanted to do was sleep. 
[break][break]
Fay wandered over towards the Kitchen, led by the sweet smells of the food Ji-Hoon had been preparing. She was curious to see how he was doing, he claimed that he was a bad cook. But that was a lie, according to Fay's nose it was. Fay tippy toed to look over Ji-Hoon's shoulder wondering if he had needed any help. She forced out an awkward cough to grab his attention "Need any help..?" As she asked her face had softly reddened. She couldn't believe that she offered to help him, she sure had changed over the last few days.

+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 10:45:04 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Sprinkles, for her part, wasn't bothered at all by being moved around. When Shadow curled up next to her, the kitten pokemon simply gave a few small licks on the Vulpix's head before shifting to press against her instead, content to finish her nap with the other. Beepin, the Zoroark, meanwhile, is still when Prim tries to play, just grumbling and grousing before a sharply claws hand lashes out- and tries to pull the other pokemon close to her body. Beepin has no intent to hurt the other, she just wants to keep napping as well. But, grumpy as she is, she does let Prim know that there are two puppy pokemon in the kitchen. Or perhaps one of the Shinx would like to play.

Chu-e, for his part, seems to be doing well. He's got the corn-dogs frying, they're hand made and hand dipped, but it looks like he had some type of curry on the stove and a rice cooker counting down the time. "Hmm? He turns, a little surprised, but he smiles at @fay. "have a nice nap? I should be... oh, actually, can you stir what's in that pot?" He glances down at the boiling oil he's hovering over. "I made some other things to try, if you want." Well, for that reason, but Chu-e also didn't like corn-dogs enough to have them for dinner.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 7:26:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

"Yeah, it was okay." Fay answered back, giving a look at the pot Ji-Hoon had mentioned. If all he needed was for her to stir it that was a simple easy task. "No problem" She said a little overconfident, and began to stir the curry inside the pot. The aroma of the food was something else, it made Fay even hungrier. Ji-Hoon said he was a mediocre cook seeing the curry made Fay think other wise. Much to her dismay, as Fay stirred the pot a little roughly, a splash of the hot steaming curry got onto her hand. While it did hurt she didn't say anything to Ji-Hoon and attempted to hide her slightly burnt hand by stirring the curry with her left instead, keeping the other hand hidden away in her pockets. "This okay..?" The curry wasn't very well stirred, but in Fay's eyes she did what was asked and figured it was good enough.
[break][break]
The sudden hissing steam that came from the rice cooker made Fay slightly jump out of alarm. It had been awhile since she heard a rice cooker, and the one Ji-Hoon had seemed to be very loud. Swiftly moving away from the stove, her eyes went towards Prim who decided to sleep instead of trying to play. The Nickit was snuggled with the zoroark and looked to be in quite a deep sleep.

+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 12:17:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
He peered over at the poorly stirred curry and Chu-e wondered if she was the type to react positively or negatively to criticism.

"You did well, but be less vigorous next time. See how the spices are kind of clumped to one side? You want them spread out everywhere in the dish." His tone wasn't cruel or judging, though. "But you did a good job making sure it won't stick to the bottom and burn. Go run that hand under some cool water in the sink. I caught that." At that, he did raise a brow. "I have some burn cream in the cabinet. Want me to get you some?"

The corn dogs were moved to a wire rack to drain and cool, so Chu-e moved over to the curry and gave it a proper stir so the girl could see what he meant. Maybe she just learned by example.

"Do you know how to use chopsticks?" Which, if @fay was a Johto native, she might recognize what he was fixing. While Chu-e wasn't from Johto himself, his parents had been Johto immigrants growing up. His recipes were simpler but reminiscent of the Johto style of cooking.

The rice was fluffed and moved into a large serving bowl, as well as the curry in a bowl next to it. He moved these to the breakfast nook table nearby; Chu-e was often too tired to properly use the dining room for it's intended purpose. Plus, he liked being able to overlook the countryside from the large window the table was pressed against.

"When your hand feels better, grab those plates and bring over here?" He nodded his head at some he had sitting on the counter. He seemed busy arranging the food and getting a few bits of raw veggies, kimchi, and gim from the cabinets and fridge.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 5:31:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

The criticism was expected, and Fay showed no response besides a nod. She gave a closer look at the curry bowl and watched when Ji-Hoon re stirred it. She was slightly curious to learn how to cook, it did seem like a hassle but it could be valuable later on in her life. Fay still had been concealing her burnt hand, hoping that Ji-Hoon didn't notice it, and when he mentioned it she noted that he was rather an observant individual. She sighed and pulled out her hand to get a closer look at it, she didn't believe that it was that bad. The pain was already gone but she ended up listening to Ji-Hoon. Brown eyes looking towards the sink, she swiftly moved towards it. Turning on the cool water, and running her burnt hand under it.
[break][break]
She winced a little when the cold water hit the burn, but it was an expected reaction. After a few more moments of having her hand cool down, she moved over to dry it off with the towel that hung below the sink. Glancing back at Ji-Hoon to answer, she slightly shook her head. "It's alright.. doesn't really hurt anymore" Looking at her hand again it was slightly red but it wasn't anything to serious. She didn't want to have Ji-Hoon more worried then he needed to be. Following after Ji-Hoon towards the small nook table, she was pleased at the size of the large window. They were able to get a magnificent view of the country side, as well as the pokemon that had been roaming about. "Chopsticks..? well I haven't really used them for a few years, but they aren't difficult to use. "
[break][break]
"Oh, sure thing." Her response was rather eager, and she moved towards the counter in which there were numerous side dishes, Fay did in fact recognize a few of them and a small smile tugged onto her lips. What Ji-Hoon made had Fay reminisce days where life was rather simple. Bringing them back, she attempted to lay the dishes out rather nicely but it was a little difficult to do since the table was a little small and the dishes made it the table seem even more cramped for space. "By chance are you from Johto Ji-Hoon..? I used to eat food like this back there."

+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 9:41:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
After the table was prepped, Chu-e sat down and gave a little sigh. His feet were starting to get sore again from all that standing. It was a shame. His body really was in bad shape if just making some food had tired him out.

"Nah, I was born in Sinnoh. My parents, though, they were from Johto. So we ate stuff like this all the time." Most of the people in his small town had thought they were weird for what they ate. He could remember getting lightly bullied in school for his packed lunches, how they were so different from what everyone else had around him. Small town life.

Once the plates were sat down, Chu-e washed no time in grabbing one and doling himself out some food. "Help yourself." He said, mildly, as he focused on spooning himself a nice bowl of the rice. The corn-dogs were mostly left on @fay's side for her to take as she liked.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 2:33:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Fay also sat down, looking out the large window which gave a splendid view of the country side. Giving a side glance over towards Ji-Hoon when he sighed. She pondered if he was tired from the cooking, and was slightly concerned but didn't express it. Blankly staring at the food it reminded Fay of all the times she refused to eat what her grandmother cooked she felt regretful being cold and dismissive to the one person who genuinely loved her.
[break][break]
"Oh.." She spoke plainly blinking curiously wondering what Ji-Hoon's parents were like. "My grandma would cook for me.. I never really ate her food." She admitted feeling guilty. Giving a small nod she snapped the wood chopsticks apart and began to dig in. She was more interested in the curry as she hadn't had it in what felt like years.. Upon taking the first bite, she felt very delighted with the taste - her face was beet red from how good it was. "Its wonderful!"
[break][break]
She realized that she was a little to excited, her face becoming much redder. "I mean.. it's great.. Thanks for the good food."

+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 2:49:10 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e perked up at the praise, seeming as pleased as he was amused about @fay being shy over liking it.

"I'm glad! I usually only cook for myself. You never know how your food really tastes like that." But, he didn't point anything out to the girl, not wanting to embarrass her further. He kept eating slowly, managing to take a few bites at a time. Fay might notice that it was slow going for him, how his portions were small to start with. Chu-e Choi was a sick man at this stage in his life.

"You're not allergic to anything, are you? There might be some times I'm not home, but I'll cook whatever you like when I'm here." Chewing slowly, Chu-e paused in thought. Actually, if she was staying here... "Tomorrow, why don't we go into town and have a little shopping spree?" It hadn't looked like Fay had brought much with her, after all.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 19:41:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

"Hehe.." Fay awkwardly chuckled her lips wavering into a small smile. It was hard to admit, Fay liked that Ji-Hoon had been happy - how long had it been since she cared for someone? She didn't exactly remember but the sensation was refreshing. The girl continued to eat the curry, finishing it entirely. Another feeling she hadn't had in a while, a full stomach. Noticing how Ji-hoon ate very little and slowly Fay felt worried, knowing that most adults required a lot more food compared to kids. Not being able to ask why he ate so little Fay just watched Ji-hoon silently her heart bobbing with worry and it transferred onto the girls face.
[break][break]
"Allergy..?" Fay muttered pondering the question. She wondered if because Ji-Hoon had a lot of allergies that he wasn't able to eat much. "No.. I don't know" she wasn't entirely sure - normally she'd just eat fruit or fish and it never gave her issues. "oh!.. I mean okay." A subtle hint of excitement in her voice as Ji-Hoon mentioned that he'd cook for her whenever he was home, made her feel happy though she didn't like admitting it and tried to pretend that she didn't mind much, which was an obvious lie.
[break][break]
"Shopping..?" The word was repeated back with confusion, she'd never been shopping before - being poor all her life the only thing Fay got was hand me downs things that she managed to steal. Lifting her shirt to get a better look at it, she realized how bad the condition of her clothing was; worn, torn, dirty. She didn't want to make Ji-Hoon spend money for something silly. Fay believed that what she brought was enough she didn't need more. "It's okay I don't need anything."

+

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
honey, i'm home
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 20:57:14 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"We'll keep an eye out for anything. If something suddenly makes your tongue itchy or hard to breathe, let Prince or Pompom know! They're service pokemon, so they'll be able to help you more than I can." At hearing his name, the Gardevoir perked up from the living room, but then settled back down; not that the two in the kitchen would likely notice.

@fay's gentle refusal for a shopping trip was ignored and barreled over as soon as it left her mouth with a "Nonsense!" Chu-e grinned, pointing at her with the end of his chopsticks. "I don't have anything for a teenage girl here. Clothes, toiletries... Hair care? See, I don't even know what you need! So that's a sure a sign as any we need a shopping trip."