siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
it's no rocket science [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 7:59:35 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

For long, humanity's best efforts were made possible by the brightest minds across history's past. Yet still, rapid advancements remain hidered by those who are consumed by fear. If Alek had to choose his own view to life, it would be that sacrifices are needed for growth and progress. Though it was made evident for him that not all would choose to think the same.

The old computer he had bought with what's left of his savings started to boot. He plugged in his hard drive and a popup appeared; scanning files: 1%... He sighed, watching as the hourglass beside the progress bar perpetually rotated. He lowered his mask down, allowing it to hang on his neck, stretching his limbs as he was tired for the day.

That very day marked the resumption of his own research. The derelict warehouse had shown promise for what he had in mind for the future. For a mind like him to squat on such a place for shelter and operation didn't feel all too well for Alek, though he had to make do if not for Devon's decision to lay him off of his employment.

After moments of pondering, he turned his attention back towards his monitor; scanning files: 12%... He sighed.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 9:47:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

MISSION: RECRUITMENT ACT I

It had been a few weeks since she’d acquired the information from Devon Corp for . However, she had not turned over every bit of information she had retrieved. There existed a second drive, full of information that she had spent much of her time off of work picking apart. Some of that information had been right out of the goldmine: a few names of old employees, and a couple of files specifically on staff within their research departments. One name had stood out to her among them: Alek Xanders.

With a more-than-adequate amount of his personal information, she’d been able to eventually track him down via his purchase history, and had followed him to the warehouse. This was not the first night. She’d stopped by multiple nights in a row, to see if there were others that followed him in. When she was confident that he’d be alone, she decided it was time.

She hadn’t knocked, of course. She walked through the warehouse quietly, alone, rather than accompanied by any of her Pokemon as she normally would have been. Her goal was to seem unassuming. As such, she made no effort to conceal her typical identity, pushing back the hood over her head as she walked out of the shadows. Her red eyes regarded him interestedly, and the smallest of smiles tugged at the corners of her mouth. “Hello Mr. Xanders.”

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:58:21 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

The call for his name made his shoulders go stiff. He turned and scurried to put his mask back on, knowing not of who it was who had entered his makeshift base. The woman, a complete stranger, stood nearby; her smile not helping her one bit to put him at ease. Alek pressed on one of his pokeballs, releasing his reuniclus, Cell, in any case that she meant trouble.

"I fucking knew it." He hissed. "Go state your business."

But before the woman could even start with her words, Alek followed through shortly. "They fired me." He snapped. "Now what do they want? Still determined to turn me in? I've shown them the consent forms from my subjects, every step's properly processed no matter how much they may disagree with my methods." Alek took off his mask, deciding it was of no use as she had seen his face already. His eyes seething with anger and arrogance as he went on to take deep breaths to calm himself down.

Perhaps he should've allowed her to speak for herself before his outburst, his more rational side says so. But is he to blame? He had since been on edge after recent events; he lost his job for fuck's sake, most glaring of all, he lost credibility. He gave the bridge of his nose a pinch out of stress. He could only hope now that it's not one of Devon's lackeys out to retrieve what's left of what he has.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:32:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She’d given him room to process her entry into his space, but she wouldn’t subject him to such an uncomfortable air of mystery for too long. She was no @faceless.

Her eyes searched his curiously as she gauged his reaction, not even moving to the Pokemon who was released as guard. He had been expecting someone else? She let him carry on with his emotions, the small smile not leaving her face at his aggression. It wasn’t taunting, but it certainly wasn’t threatened.

“I don’t mean to startle you, Mr. Xanders. I’m a friend, promise.” She paused, watching him remove his mask. Strange thing that was. “Actually, I’m interested in becoming a colleague.” She attempted to warm her smile. “And it seems you might be in need of a job.”

She finally looked down at the Reuniclus, sparing the man from a potentially stressful gaze for a moment. Best to establish a good bit of what was going on in hopes to smooth his hackles. “I’m not from Devon Corp. I am, however, interested in some of the research you did there—so is my employer.”

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:09:10 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

His research, she said. Despite her claims, Alek remained vigilant and on edge. She knew far too much for whatever reason, that itself was enough to warrant caution. Though knowing she's not from Devon was enough for him to lessen his hostility towards the woman. He gave a dismissive wave for his reuniclus to be at ease. "Who are you." He asked. He took his hand off of his face, the bridge of his nose slightly red from the pinch it had received. "And just who are you working for." He followed up.

He couldn't just accept any offer despite how bad his situation may be. It was true though, he was indeed in need of a job; desperate, even. He couldn't envision himself without conducting his usual research and experiments, something he couldn't do as he normally do without much needed equipment. He sighed, willing to lend an ear after little thought. "I'm listening." He crossed his leg and turned to face the woman, shifting his sitting position as deemed fit.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:33:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu shook her head at him. “I can’t tell you my name. At least, not right now.” Her eyes scanned around them briefly before she dared closer to him, her body language clear that her advancement was for the sake of discreetness. When her stare returned to him, it bore into his, attempting to solidify her confidence that she was making the correct call.

When she was sure, she went for it. “Team Rocket is still a functioning organization, and we’d like you to join us. You would be paid well and provided with resources for your own studies, in exchange for the contribution of your research to our endeavors.” She paused, chin raising just a touch at him. “I personally believe you would make a valuable asset.” There was some level of importance in her tone; a sense of authority interwoven in her thick accent.

Relaxed as she appeared, was perfectly prepared to toss up her Lunatone and wipe his memory if he denied her invitation.

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 12:56:18 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

His heart sunk. Team rocket, could he have stooped so low as to consider her proposal? He grit his teeth as he returned the woman's gaze with much intensity to his stare. For a moment he was frozen, at a loss for words; flattered yet afraid. "How can I trust you." He squeezed his eyes shut, his face forming a grimace as he had realized his disappointed directed to his own self. "And how is this not a trap? You want me to say yes and determine me a threat to society, do you not?" He asked, calmer and more composed than before. "You know that I'm smarter than your average shmuck. I wouldn't fall too easy for any old trickery."

He leaned forwards, straightened his posture to inch himself closer towards the woman. "But I'm flattered." He added. "To consider me an asset. I guess Devon's not too keen on releasing their workers these days."

He pushed his chair back with his legs, after which, he stood. He look right back at his monitor; scanning files: 100%... opening...

Out came the folder for his hard drive, inside which were more folders with various labels; 'UB_Findings', 'Ancient_Pkmn', 'Human-Pkmn_Synthesis', just to name a few. "I can't be too cautious..." He said as he kept his gaze towards his monitor knowing well that the woman's attention would be brought to it just the same.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 2:15:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

He didn’t trust her. Good. Great sign.

“You are a threat to society. That’s what makes you interesting. That’s what makes you valuable.” His face was full emotion. She remained calm. “I’m not going to suggest that you trust me. How could you? Question is, are you willing to take the risk to get yourself out of this shithole? A mind like yours doesn’t belong in this situation.” Not seeming to care if it offended him. He needed to be reminded, feel bad about it, want to get out. He needed a reason not to say ‘no’.

At the comment about Devon, “I don’t blame them. So much information, potential thrown away.” She was there to hunt it down like a bloodhound. “Their loss.”

Couldn’t be too cautious. No shit. I know where you buy your groceries. She smiled. “You’re preaching to the choir.” She watched over his shoulder, squinting some. UB. Ultra Beasts. Excitement welled in her chest. “Regardless of whether or not you trust me, you'll need to give me an answer.” The words carried an air of assertiveness. She was here on a mission.

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 5:18:08 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"I-." He paused, unsure as to what he should say. Just say no, says his inner voice, it's not worth it. But his inner voice, too, had an inner voice. On a second thought...

What she had said was true, who's not a threat to society, after all? Everyone's more than capable to cause chaos, and for someone with enough knowledge and skill like him, it would only take a question of when it'll happen. He pressed two fingers against his temple, he could feel a migraine forming as he thought of her offer hard and long.

"I'm a risk taker, sure" His facial expression eased up, relaxing at long last after a long while of being scrunched up. Not that he had a choice anymore. With his record, a high probability of him being turned down on future applications; it couldn't be helped, ethical standards are supposed to be met nowadays as a company's morals equate just as much to societal trust. For some other employer to hire a known problem, it would've been a stain to their name; as such, he would most definitely be someone rocket wouldn't mind associating with. The more he thought about it, the more it appealed to him.

"I'll lend my skills." He said, accepting the offer. "And I will continue on my personal projects on top of that." He sighed. There it was, he finally said it; he was now an accomplice to a world renowned terrorist group, the infamous team rocket.

"Though I would like to discuss what you really need me for." He said as he crouched and grabbed his computer's mouse to close his files. "Now's when you put me up to speed. And don't worry..." He trailed off, pointing towards the woman's waist. "I won't run. I vey much know when my life's at stake."

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 8:53:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Her work had paid off. The skewed smile on her face grew. “Glad to hear it. Welcome aboard.” Literally. Most grunts hated their first week. The submarine was not for everyone.

“Tell you what. It’s chilly. Let me buy you a hotel room and we can go and talk there, if you’d like. I’ll even tell you my name.” She tilted her head to the side a hair with a smirk. “And, for the record, I wouldn’t kill you Alek. You’re too brilliant.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:09:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: