part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
BUT TALL VAMP MOMMY [bb] [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 7:35:48 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

The bird — was it a bird? — chirped at him.

[break][break] Artie could only stare back at it. "What do you want?" he said, with a bit of a frown. It was not often that Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt found himself stumped, but yet there he was, bewildered.

[break][break] The blond had decided to expand his options in exploring the region's festivities and rather than going to a bigger city like Mauville or even Slateport after his excursion in Rustboro, he had opted for the smaller, seaside town of Dewford. They were in one of the main food areas, with a tray of food full of festival dishes placed in front of him, all of which the Aerodactyl had denied. With a Clobbopus skewer in his hand, he offered it to the baby Aerodactyl, who turn it's beak away in disgust. Okay, so maybe it didn't like fish. He offered another skewer to him, which was a combination of Bouffalant-themed muffins, but yet again, the rock bird did not seem interestedd. Instead, it chirped back at Artie, and the boy could not help but befuddled.

[break][break] He put his hands on his hips. "Well," he quipped. "If you don't tell me soon, I'm gonna eat all of it."

[break][break] And how would he like that huh?

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.artie]font:11px roboto;--accent:#69eefe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 18:43:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

It would be very uncharacteristic of Eva to miss any sort of celebration. The lights, the people, the entertainment all fueled the extrovert’s fire. Eva chose Dewford Town because it was a place in Hoenn she hadn’t visited yet. The smaller town’s festival seemed for intimate than the larger cities’. The blonde was running around from attraction to attraction with a beer in one hand and a large pretzel in the other, only a few bites taken out of it. As always, the regal Gallde flanked her every move, staying close to his trainer.

“It was nice talkin’ to ya, Xander!” she happily exclaimed after chatting with the juggler for a few minutes. Eva turned and took a bite of pretzel, scanning the rest of the festival. Her emerald eyes widened when they rested on and his Minidactyl.

”Oh. My. Arceus.” Eva mumbled, walking towards the pokemon and his blonde trainers, “That is the cutest, little Aerodactyl I have ever seen!” The doctor exclaimed as she stopped beside the picnic table where Arthur sat with his pile of food, “I have to say Hi, can I say Hi?!” she shoved her beer and pretzel at her Gallde who dutifully accepted the items and anxiously awaited a response from Arthur.

Even professionals couldn’t control themselves when something that cute came into their life.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 22:56:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

The exclamation catches him off-guard and Artie spins, blinking with surprise as he is face to face with the most enthusiastic person he has ever seen.

[break][break] Well, at least one of the most.

[break][break] He is a bit stunned as he watches the woman approach the Aerodactyl, who immediately chirps and hops forward to the blond woman as if he is greeting an old friend. It is almost absurd at the way the rock pokemon takes to this complete stranger, and maybe, Artie would have half a mind to be offended at that, if he wasn't so shocked at the way the woman had approached him.

[break][break] Artie hasn't given a response yet, but it seems his pokemon has already. The small bird (?) flutters bit and attempts to land on the crook of 's arm, wings flapping slightly.

[break][break] The sight makes Artie laugh. "It looks like I don't have a choice." Not that, really, he would've said no.

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 0:22:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The Aerodactly seemed delighted to meet Eva. The woman laughed cheerfully when the small pokemon leapt towards her, landing skillfully in her arms, “Oh!” she exclaimed, taken back by the weight of the rock-type. It was much more dense than she was expecting.

Eva ran a hand over the pokemon’s head, stopping to itch him enthusiastically behind the ears. In her experience, they seemed to like that, “Looks like you’ve got yourself a handful,” she smiled at . Eva sat across form him at the table, Aerodactly still nestled playfully in her arms. Eva used her fingers to entice a playful reaction from the pokemon who began nipping at the dancing fingers which was probably a good way to lose a finger . . . something a vet really couldn’t afford to do.

“He’s got a looooot of growing to do,” she waves one of his large feet playfully at Arthur. We was like a Saint Bernard puppy, small(ish) body was huge feet to grow into.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 0:43:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

It was adorable, he had to admit.

[break][break] The Aerodactyl hopped to the other blond, taking easily to her presence like a fish to water, and chirped happily at her. The pokemon let out a trill of appreciation as she scratched him between the ears, and Artie had no choice but to watch, in half-amazement, that she managed to handle him so well. The entire time that Artie had him... well, he only seemed to give him trouble.

[break][break] When she sat down, Artie followed suit, swinging his legs over the wooden bench. He grabbed one of the takoyaki and popped in into his mouth, as she wave done of Remy's legs at him. He laughed. "Does he?" he said, before realizing his mouth was full. He swallowedd, then dabbed at his lips with a napkin. "You seem to know a lot." His eyes twinkled curiously at her.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 1:08:05 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Arthur found the wave amusing which, in turn delighted Eva. She liked when people found her shenangians entertaining. The veterinarian nodded in agreement, “Yes, a lot,” she emphasized, assuming the Fossil Pokemon was expected to grow into a full sized Aerodactly. She lifted the pokemon up and set him on the table.

Eva gave a modest and humble shrug accompanied by a coy smile. She knew she was knowledgeable, she had to be. She didn’t go through all that school and come out with rocks for brains, “I know a bit,” she lied, leaning and elbow against the table and peering over the Aerodactly at Arthur, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to invade your space, I just could help myself with this cutie,” she booped the Aerodactly on the nose which triggered another playful snap and high-pitched shrill. Eva laughed and pulled her hand away, “I probably shouldn’t be encouraging that,” she admitted, harnessing some serious self-control to not smother the prehistoric pokemon in love.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:39:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

As Eva set the pokemon on the table, the Aerodactyl hopped forth, flapping it's tiny wings. He then walked over to the wooden tray that had already been set between them, poking at a cherry cheesecake decorated with tiny Swinub.

[break][break] Artie huffed, but then smiled. "Now you wanna eat?" It was a pokeberry cheesecake, actually, which made it safe for pokemon to eat. He reached for a plastic fork and cut a piece off so that the pokemon could nibble at it while he listened to the woman speak.

[break][break] Blinking, the Circhester prince leaned into his own palms and looked at the other. There was a bit of a twinkle in his eye. "Yeah, I know, " he said. "I guess I am pretty cute." Did he know that she'd been referring to his pokemon, not him? Or was he just playing stupid? Knowing Artie, it could have just as likely been a little bit of both. "I'm Artie, " he said, sitting up again, and offering his hand for a shake. "You can call me Finn too — it's my middle name."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 9:04:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva watch the Aerodactyl pick at some of the food on the table. Eva held her tongue when it came to the pokemon’s choice of cuisine and the trainer’s approval of it. A growing Aerodactly really shouldn’t be eating sweets like cheesecake.

Her emerald eyes flickered back towards Artie when he leaned forward. The comment elicited a laugh from Eva who assumed he was making a joke. She was easily amused by silly humor, “You keep telling yourself that,” she winked, reaching out to meet his handshake, “Nice to meet you, Artie. I’m Eva,” she motioned to the Gallde behind her that handed her back her beer, “And this is Blade,” she introduced before taking a healthy sip of the beverage.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:31:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

A professional like looking at the Aerodactyl as it pecked at the sweetened treat - before dinner, no less! - was discerning. Someone like Artie, however, didn't know any better and though he caught the glance that she sent the fossil pokemon's way, he simply assumed it was adoration.

[break][break] Obviously. How could it not be?

[break][break] He smiled blithely. "Nice to meet you, Eva." He didn't even make a glance towards the Gallade, who no longer interested him. What interested him, instead, however, was this woman and how much she seemed to know about the pokemon that he hadn't even realized existed until a few weeks ago. "You said you know a lot. Care to teach me about any of those things?"

[break][break] Who cared, really, if that wasn't exactly what she'd said?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:00:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“About the Aerodactly?” she confirmed, glancing from Artie to the small fossil pokemon. Eva could only assume the pokemon was recently revived considering how small it was. Perhaps it died young, and that why it revived so small.

“I’d be happy to share what I can,” she smiled, leaning forward on the table, “Where to start . . “ she tapped her chin and bit her lip, “Well, he’s going to get much bigger,” she emphasized again for Artie, hoping he took that seriously, “They’re known for their . . . spicy personalities,” which was putting it kindly, “The older it gets, the more aggressive it will become so it’s important to be stern and train often at this age while he’s still . . . manageable,” she took a sip of beer, pointing at the cheesecake, “You’ll want to feed him something more substantial than that. At this age they eat mostly insect and small invertebrate. They do like fruit and sweets though but you can’t let him eat that all the time. Not healthy for a growing boy,” alright, she said it, she couldn’t hold her tongue.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:12:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Artie hummed a bit non-committally under his breath as asked him if he'd asked for his Aerodactyl's sake. "Sure," he said eventually, because that seemed like the thing to say.

[break][break] Honestly, as the woman rambled on, the blond was reminded of a certain other researcher that he'd grown up knowing. @dakota could go off on tangents like this and though he'd tried his darndest to get Artie to soak in any of that knowledge, unfortunately, at 15, 16 and 17, Artie had not been interested in any of it. Wouldn't he have been proud of him now, actually asking someone for help?

[break][break] Though... maybe, Artie's request for knowledge wasn't as genuine as it seemed. Either way...

[break][break] "I see," he said, thoughtfully, as he glanced at the rock bird. Remus had taken to just picking at the cheesecake apart, not actually eating any of it, so maybe this Eva person did know who she was talking about. "'Scuse me!" he said, raising a hand into the air.

[break][break] A random passerby stopped, startled, and then maybe a bit annoyed when they realized that Artie had been calling to him. "Can we get something for my pokemon?" he said.

[break][break] The person - probably a waiter or something - paused. "You want me to get something for your pokemon." It wasn't phrased like a question, but Artie definitely took it as one.

[break][break] "Yeah," he said, smiling. "I think a bug would be nice."

[break][break] "A bug," the other repeated, deadpan. "Where do you think I - "

[break][break] "Yeah, a bug." He looked to the woman across from him. "Bugs right? You said that he should be eating those?"

[break][break] "I - " The woman started, then stopped, once realizing the expectant way that Artie was looking at her. Perfectly pleasant. As if there was nothing strange about this whole thing. Would it even be worth it to try to argue with him? She sighed. "Fine."

[break][break] In a matter of minutes, the woman returned, shoving what appeared to be some popsicle sticks with frozen bugs inside of them. There were three - one for Artie, one for Remus, and one for Eva. Waving the woman off with nothing but a hundred dollar bill, he then picked up said popsicle and offered it to Eva's Gallade. "Here you go," he said. "I don't want mine."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:27:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

He looked . . . bored. Eva frowned. It really wasn’t the most interesting conversation topic, she knew that, but he asked for it and she delivered. At least he tried taking some of it to heart by stopping a waitress to order bugs for his growing Aerodactyl. Eva was probably thinking the same thing as that poor woman: How the heck did he expect her get that order??

But the waitress surprised her when she showed up with some bug popsicles. At least Artie tipped her well. Eva leaned in closer to the plate with the popsicles and picked one up to carefully examine it, “I don’t know if he’ll like the frozen aspect of it but it’s worth a shot,” pokemon typically didn’t eat frozen things but maybe he’d find it intriguing.

Eva slammed her popsicle against the table to crack it into several pieces, “There we go,” she muttered to herself. She placed the smaller pieces on the table and used her fingers to flick the melting cubes around. She thought the sudden movement mimicking something to chase may entice the prey-drive in the dinosaur and stimulate him to attack and eat the “prey” that was the popsicle pieces.

Blade glanced between the blonde and his popsicle. The psychic-type shook his head, what made this man think he wanted it either?

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 3:24:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Artie glanced sideways as Eva took one of the popsicles and cracked it into parts. The boy blinked, seemingly impressed and then said, "Oh, that's smart."

[break][break] Apparently, Remy thought so too because the Aerodactyl hopped forward and pecked curiously at the crumbs of ice popsicle that floated around in the tray. As flicked around some pieces, he let out a little cry of approval and darted forward, nipping at the ice cubes. One of the insects in the popsicle broke free as the pieces melted and tried to get away — however, he was too quick, and the rock bird eagerly slurped up the critters with ease.

[break][break] Meanwhile, Artie's popsicle went unnoticed or at least underappreciated. The boy huffed, standing up and then pressed the popsicle into the Gallade's mouth - did Gallade's have mouths? - and smiled. "Here you go!"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 3:44:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva giggled as the Aerodactly darted forward, trying to catch the sliding pieces of popsicle, “He like the movement, that’s for sure . . . makes sense being a predator and all,” she commented, mostly explaining it to so he understood why she was enticing the rock-type with the movements of the popsicle.

Meanwhile, Blade’s eyes narrowed when Artie stood up. His eyes beamed with unapproval, followed quickly by surprise and anger when the man continued to literally shove the popsicle in his face. The dual-type’s arm shot up, clenching Artie’s wrist and gently pulling it away from his face.

“Hey!” The Gallade’s hand immediately released the man’s wrist and he took a step back, “Cut it out you two,” her voice was authoritative, she knew how to command a room when needed. Her emerald eyes glared at Artie, who the hell did this guy think he was shoving something in my pokemon’s face, “Leave it on the plate if you don’t want it,” Men could be such children sometimes.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 4:25:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Surprisingly, the Gallade did not want the popsicle and instead of just ignoring Artie as everyone seemed to do, he decided to do something about it. Blue eyes were wide with surprise as the psychic type went to grab his wrist, and instinctively, Artie jerked back.

[break][break] The popsicle fell to the floor with a crack, and immediately Remus dove to the floor to pick up the remains.

[break][break] Artie, on the other hand, was left shocked as the woman's sharp voice broke through, separating the two like siblings who had just gotten caught pulling each other's hair. Blinking, the Circhester prince returned back to his seat and for a few seconds, he didn't say anything. Was he shocked?

[break][break] Then a lazy smile flitted to his face as he leaned his hand back onto his palm, reaching to pick a cherry that was on the tray and pop it into his mouth. At the same time, Remus fluttered back to the table and flew in front of Eva, flapping it's tiny wings. In that tiny moment of distraction, Artie glanced back at the Gallade as if to say You heard her. As if Eva had scolded him, rather than Artie.

[break][break] It was childish.

[break][break] But not entirely his fault, as Artie had never had siblings old enough to fight with, and he was thoroughly enjoying it. As a sign of piece, he moved the wooden tray a bit so that it was in the Gallade's view. There were a few, perhaps more appropriate treats on the menu — a bowl of poke-kibble, a Bouffalant-themed pokemuffin, and a some Dedenne-shaped pokebuns. "Like any of these?" he asked.