6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:43:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a local blacksmith has set up its stall for the monthly renaissance faire, showcasing swords and other medieval weapons he has forged to the public. out of everything else, it was the one that attracted kyle's attention the most.

"you sure i can test this out?" an excited kyle asks the blacksmith, who then responds with an amused chuckle and a nod.

kyle takes the sword and tries to test its weight against his grip. it's heavier than a gun and he figured that there's a certain deft that is required to effectively use this as a weapon. still looks cool though, and that's what matters the most.

he starts swinging it around like a child, attracting attention of people who wanted to try it out but were too afraid of asking the blacksmith.

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 3:16:42 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

"Hoooo weeee." He whistled. It seemed as though his move to Hoenn were just in time for the renaissance faire. To think that there were still celebratory events in spite of all the crazy happenings seemed a tad bit too off for Jak, but he's not complaining.

The blacksmith nearby held a showcase of various weaponry. Seeing that someone's already testing the blacksmith's products, Jak thought that it would be a miss to pass the opportunity of trying out an actual traditionally forged sword. He went up the blacksmith's wares and, without much heads up, picked up a blade from the immediate display.

The blacksmith nodded and guestured towards the other man who's now busy swinging the sword around, it was as if to say that he's free to test the blade out himself. It had a darker blade than the rest, perhaps even thinner than most, yet it had length to it. It was incredibly light, he gave it a test swing and it was as if swinging a roll of paper.

He gave it more swings and, accidentally, had hit the blade being tested by the other man with a mighty...

'CLANG'

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 5:42:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the clash of their steel surprised not only the onlookers, but kyle as well. there's a second of shock before he absorbs all information and formulates the best course of action to take from the given situation.

"ah, i see i've met a worthy opponent."

his grip on the sword shifts to what he assumed to be the correct stance in wielding a sword was, with his reference being pop culture and video games. he retracts the sword and waits for his opponent to do the same.

as soon both of them are in position, kyle swings his sword in slow motion. "hiya!" the swing arcs towards jak's stomach, slow enough to make sure it can be parried or dodged easily.

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:01:11 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

"Wassshhhaa!" He exclaimed as he swung his sword vertically, parrying the blade off of its trail.

'CLING'

The blacksmith had his eyes wide open, in shock for sure, and raised a finger in hopes to intervene. "Uhm I-" "Hah! Art thou the mighty warrior of thy region? I beseech thee to speak thy name!" Jack said, cutting the blacksmith off before he could even blurt out a few more words

Jak swung the blade overhead, headed towards the top of Kyle's head, though just as slow as what he had recieved; enough for his opponent to dodge and parry as he may please. Just what was he doing, playing warrior with a real sword of all things? Either way, not that it was a problem for the blacksmith... right?

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 7:30:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
dodging it was the easier play, but the sound of metal clashing with each other was much more tempting that save that much energy to carry the sword overhead him.

with his sword, he decides to block the attack with the flat end of the weapon. the edge hits and that satisfying ding resonates in his ears.

"sir kyle of verdanturf," he introduces himself, before deflecting the blade of his opponent. "and yours?"

he gets back to his original stance once the sword gets deflected, returning back to the original standoff earlier.

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 7:41:11 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

"Sirs I-" "Sir Jak of Jubilife!" He exclaimed, unintentionally cutting the blacksmith off once more. With another clash of blades, Jak's overhead attack was parried. As the other returned to his stance, so did Jak, sizing his opponent as he held his blade before him.

"Well met, sir Kyle!" He said, completely engrossed with the whole renaissance theme of their surroundings.

"Can I please get the swords back..." The blacksmith finally said, evidently miffed with how the acted thus far.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 7:52:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when the blacksmith asks for the swords back, kyle has no choice but to rescind to his request. "oh, right. sure." with a disappointed sigh, he takes one last good look at the sword before handing it back.

he stares at jak, watching him if he returns the sword as well. he waits until their eyes meet before opening his mouth to speak.

"any idea on how we'll continue our duel?" he asks him. "i still have," kyle takes out his phone to look at the time, "half an hour or so to kill."

the only reason kyle was in a renaissance fair was to kill time while he waits for a scheduled meeting by the next city over. he's not going to go there early and wait for the time to tick down while doing nothing.

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 11:23:43 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

With a defeated look to his face, Jak handed the sword over towards the blacksmith. He gave the blacksmith a bow of courtesy and a nervous grin to show that he was, in fact, sorry for the way he acted. He gave his opponent a squint and a similarly nervous grin. "Well there's that." He sighed.

"I myself seem to have not much time" He shrugged. "But I do like to continue. I propose a sparring match with our pokemon sometime." He suggested. Jak handed over his burner phone towards Kyle with its contacts list open.

"I'll give you a ring once I'm free." He added, his arm stretch forward with his phone. "I've got to submit my resume in a while for my new job."

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 11:39:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"is this a burner phone?" kyle asks surprisingly at the sight of what normally only comes up as evidence to a crime scene. nevertheless, he adds his contact number on it alongside his full name. "why would you use one in this day and age?"

the question was rhetorical however, as kyle did not expect an answer. even before jak can explain, kyle moves on to the next thing on his mind, not really minding someone using a burner phone.

"i guess i'll just have to wish you good luck." there's disappointment in his tone, a huge part of him still wanting to play games. "i'm sure you'll get it," he tells with a lighter tone, followed be a snicker.

he's still unsure why people still want to go to hoenn, but he's in no place to judge when he chose to stay instead of travel out of the region.

kyle waves goodbye as he moves to the next booth that has a semblance of a game.

close tab

played by

siege

the public eye
he/him
March 14th
jubilife, sinnoh
heterosexual
journalist
cadet
awards
25 posts
Jak Preach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jak
Jak Preach
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 12:48:37 GMT
Jak Preach Avatar

PARTY

"One's personal, one's for business." He replied. "Plus I'm very much concerned with data privacy, you never know now with all those porygons and rotoms running amuck. Especially with my hopes on joining the field of journalism." Jak flashed a bright smile towards Kyle.

As Kyle finished with his input, Jak kept the phone back to his pocket. "You best know I will!" He exclaimed and gave Kyle a friendly wave in return.

Jak ran off to exit the faire. Given the time, he had more than enough to reach Vantage's headquarters no sweat. With his fingers crossed, he hoped what Kyle had told him to be true; he's getting that job, that's for sure.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,801 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sword [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 21:32:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: