electric boogaloo

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 1:20:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.pokesa]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.pokesa img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]

[newclass="#BARNEY"]--accent1:#e21c34; --accent2:#500b28; --image:url();[/newclass]

[attr="class","POKEDOOP"][attr="id","BARNEY"]

It was one thing to hear about some sorta pikachu heard on paper. But in person? Holy shit, he could feel the static on his skin; the way the electric tendrils raised his hairs and halted the sweaty that wished to prevail from his body. How horrific. It made him want to crawl into another jacket that wasn't his usual black trench coat.[break][break]
At least he wasn't doing this thing alone. On the report given to him, it seemed like one of the higher officers were joining him. He didn't mind desk jockeys. They probably wanted to get out onto the field as much as he wanted to be left the fuck alone.[break][break]
"I know buddy, you don't like it either." He looked down at his leg, the sableye clutching at his trousers like a toddler. It was obvious by the whining that he didn't want to be here. Which was weird, Dark pokemon didn't really have much to worry about from electric type pokemon. "But if you keep digging into my leg, I'm gonna have to make Beth do it instead. Anddddd", the man leans down and scoops up the sableye, having to remove him from his clutched grip on his pants. "You and I both know how she can be."[break][break]
Now, where was this lady he was supposed be work with anyways? He wasn't the type to be an appointment nazi. But the running clock did raise some questions.[break][break]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[googlefont=Open+Sans&display=swap]

[newclass=".POKEDOOP"]background: linear-gradient(to left, var(--accent1) 0%, var(--accent2) 100%); padding:1px; border:10px solid #272727; border-radius:5px; width:400px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".POKEDOOP a"]color:var(--accent1)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".POKEDOOP div"]padding:20px; background-color:#303030; border-radius:3px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; color:#aaaaaa; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; margin-bottom:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".POKEDOOP div:last-child"]margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass="img.pokesa"]width:50px; height:50px; border-radius:50%; margin-left:10px; background-color:#272727; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass="img.pokesa:last-child"]margin-left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass="img.pokesa:hover"]filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]
[newclass=".POKEDOOP b"]color:var(--accent1)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 2:15:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@barnabey
MISSION: PIKA PICKUP

It was perhaps true that many who were kept holed up in their offices or the submarine during the day often craved the warmth of the sun and the smell of grass on the breeze. Lulu was not one of those people.

A swarm of Pikachu had caught Rocket’s attention—of course. She’d had to battle someone in another department for partial rights to the haul, but it seemed like a good opportunity to snag a handful of electric types for her projects.

She’d flown in a small distance away so as to not scare off any of the swarm. The scientist made her way out of the shadows of the trees and towards them on the route. “Could’ve gotten started without me.” No apologies. Her red eyes gave a glance to the Sableye, clinging and whining. The Houndoom at her heel looked equally unimpressed. “We need to catch as many of these as we can. I need some for the lab.”

She reached into a backpack behind her and pulled out two more pokeballs. “Hope you brought more than that.” She commented of the Sableye. If he didn’t, she’d be having a talk with someone.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 2:40:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.pokesa]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.pokesa img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]

[newclass="#BARNEY"]--accent1:#e21c34; --accent2:#500b28; --image:url();[/newclass]

With impeccable timing, a voice would echo from behind him. Though not the jumpy kind of person, the new arrival did warrant Barnabey to turn around and lock his eyes onto the luscious form that was the desk jockey. And oh boy, he knew influence when he saw it.[break][break]
Guess he wasn't going to laze about this time around. Ignoring the judgmental gazes, Barnabey would offer a sheepish grin and lightly bonk Fred on the head. The sableye took that as a warning and grumbled through its pointed teeth, before climbing down to ground level.[break][break]
"I did, I took a look around. They're all bunched up together along the way." Barney wiggles a finger down the path, indicating the herd wasn't too far ahead. If one listened, they might be able to hear the ungodly amount of lively pikas being uttered. No wonder a cynical pokemon like Fred felt threatened. "Didn't wanna rush in and scare them off, ya know?[break][break]
As the desk lady continued talking, A passing glance to the Sableye on the ground would prove to be entertaining. Fred had begun to walk forward and sniff in Houndoom's direction, offering it a pointy smile and curious chuckle.[break][break]
Messing with the pack on his bag, that containing some pokeballs and equipment, he looks back up as the the sweetheart finishes her jabbing statement; his voice cutting off the tailcoat of her sentence. "Yeah, yeah. Don't mind him, he's just dramatic. He and my other gal are fit for the job."[break][break]
"Anywaysssss", a gesturing hand would lead Barnabey's feet, motioning for the gal to follow him. "Get your balls ready, because this is gonna be a breeze. With the layout of the area, it might be easiest to corner them and catch em that way. Unless you got a better idea."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[newclass=".POKEDOOP"]background: linear-gradient(to left, var(--accent1) 0%, var(--accent2) 100%); padding:1px; border:10px solid #272727; border-radius:5px; width:400px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".POKEDOOP div"]padding:20px; background-color:#303030; border-radius:3px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; color:#aaaaaa; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; margin-bottom:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass="img.pokesa"]width:50px; height:50px; border-radius:50%; margin-left:10px; background-color:#272727; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 4:10:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@barnabey

“Fair enough.”

The Houndoom’s head sank back into his neck at the purple stranger just below eye level. The reflection of his own face in the creature’s crystal stare made him growl. A hand came down to gently rest on his crown between his great horns, and the sound stopped.

Just dramatic, he said. She could relate to such training issues. In a particularly dusty corner of her PC sat a Perserrker who was so problematic, it was questionable if it would ever see the light of day again. “As long as you get the job done—” I don’t care.

“Sounds solid enough to me.” From the pokeballs were summoned two Bronzongs, which sighed low droning sounds as they swayed in the air between them. “My Klefki can lock them in when we get them close enough together.”

As if summoned, the fairy jingled its keys from within a hidden pocket of the woman’s jacket and then ascended out of it, rattling more excitedly at new friends. It was otherwise mute.

“Cover the back. Go.” This was spoken to the Houndoom, and he seemed to sense this in her tone, as he was immediately off running for the back of the hoard.

His paws hit the ground hard, kicking up rocks as the flames licking from its mouth grew into an INFERNO that was let loose across the dirt--carefully kept from the grass. It created a wall, and he ran at its edge, zig-zagging away from what attacks he could. The Bronzongs soon joined in on the sides to attempt to consolidate the pikachus further. Their heavy bodies which they threw around intimidatingly, and their BLOCK moves made them good for this.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 5:08:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

How refreshing, turns out she did have another way to go about this little chore.[break][break]
Reaching down to pick up the now retreating Sableye, Barnabey would release a soft humm. His back turned to the woman, he'd look back with a glance of mischief."Fine by me. See yah on the other side then, lovely." She could use all the pokemon she wanted. But when you have a trusty little crew, a tough chore can be made into a cake walk.[break][break]
Like that, Barnabey was off; Turning to run into the woods to bypass the path Lulu's pokemon occupied. He was lucky that Houndoom's fire didn't reach the grass, or else he'd been a charred kabob.[break][break]
Meanwhile, up ahead a healthy group of pikachus caught wind of the movements a moment too late. The ones stuck in the immediate line of danger were caught between the houndoom's wall and Bronzongs' blocks, while others attempted to run away in the opposite direction. While Lulu's Klefki might have posed an immediate threat...[break][break]
A pokeball was thrown, revealing a lone Mawile on the intercepting pathway. Without much of a command from Barnabey, who was still off the path, the cranky pokemon would unleash Rock Tomb. Such would warrant the path to be obliterated and warped, curling upwards in the sky and threatening to swallow any pikachus that wanted to run away.[break][break]
A pesky laugh, no doubt belonging to Fred, would echo as Barnabey revealed himself, roughly letting the Sableye down to join Beth on the road. And, should Lulu look, a gun could be visible on his hip; the firearm being safely tucked away into his side holster.[break][break]
Hopefully he wouldn't have to use it. Following up behind the rock tomb, the jeweled pokemon would laugh, unleashing its ability Imprison over the sandwiched area. A dome-like aura would plague the pikachu infested road; acting as a stalling ability until either Lulu's Pokemon could follow up, or until Fred had a better position other than his side flank.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 6:33:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@barnabey

“Don’t call me that. My name’s Lulu.” Her tone sliced through the air like a thin blade between them before he headed off out of earshot.

The frantic noises of panicked Pikachu could be heard up and down the route. They’ve only have so much time to clear this up without things getting hairy with the locals. However, the grunt seemed to have his share of the work covered and then some. “Impressive.” This sort of acknowledgement, however mechanical, was not particularly common out of her.

With the Pikachus becoming close enough together within the Sableye’s IMPRISON, it was time to seal them in. “FAIRY LOCK.”

Large iridescent chains suddenly appeared and wrapped themselves around the perimeter, brought together by a massive magical lock. Nothing could escape.

Two fingers came up from a partially gloved hand and she whistled loud. Her three Pokemon returned to her, and the two Bronzongs into their pokeballs. The Klefki continued to hover close to her, and her Houndoom sat at her feet, seeming to know he was finished with his part of the work. His flames quickly dissipated in the dry Lavaridge dirt.

Her Bronzongs were replaced with two Klinklangs. Their gears spun one direction and then the other and they both bobbed in the air, awaiting her command. She looked over at the grunt, whose gun glinted in the sun just so as he bent over. Her years prior to Rocket had indeed made her much more acutely aware of armed people than most. However, she would not mention it.

Lulu slid her backpack off and onto the ground, unzipping it to grab a handful of pokeballs. Her Galarian voice called over to him, “Did they give you any balls? I’ve got some if you need them.”

With that, the pew pews of ZAP CANNON filled the air in a caged near-execution. Lulu began smacking them in the head with pokeballs with impressive aim and power after a few hits. There was a look in her eyes that read, yes, she was enjoying this, despite the utter insanity in both of their ears.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 7:48:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Yikes, what a sharp tongue she had. No matter, at least he got a name to latch onto. Though, he had to wonder. Something about it seemed familiar. Again, probably a popular desk jockey. Not his line of work. Or, not anymore at least.[break][break]
As the ambush quickly finished as fast as it started, the redhead couldn't bother by the intensity of the situation. Though, at the same time, one couldn't consider his mannerisms bored. The way he casually pulled himself from the vegetation. The way he idly gazed over the trapped pokemons. It was clear he was use to this kind of labor, regardless of how heartless it might have been.[break][break]
One might mistake it for indifference. "Nah, I only got bare minimum. this was a bit last minute. HQ seems to think I sit around and do nothing all day" Upon planting his feet onto what remained of the dirt pathway, Beth would come waddling towards him and knaw his pats. With a tired huff, he'd kneel down and pat the top of her overgaping mouth. "I know, darling. I didn't mean to wake you up. Can you take a look around for me?"[break][break]
The Mawile stopps and looks up at Barnabey, before turning away to sulk away into the vegetation. With how irritable Beth could be, he didn't doubt she would do something about those locals. Meanwhile, Fred was releasing a devilish giggle befitting of its appearance. It was clear the pokemon was having fun using IMPRISON. Barnabey didn't bother to bat an eye at the deranged view.
[break][break]
The messy redhead would dig out some of the pokeballs he had and begun throwing them into the pikachu deathpit. While his aim wasn't as accurate as Lulu's, he had some consistency that was passable. "Which bag do you wanna put em' in? And don't worry about weight, I'll be a gentlemen and carry it to.. shit, what was the rendezvous point again?"[break][break]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 8:14:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@barnabey

The nonchalance in how he carried himself was intriguing. The comment about HQ made her chin twitch to the side a hair.

Things had gone smoothly with the pikachu roundup. Lulu’s forehead wrinkled some underneath her bangs at the Sableye’s cackle, but she continued working, only looking up at him to glare in disbelief at his offer. Arceus, shut the fuck up.”

Her head shook some as she continued, bagging the caught pokemon into the backpack that she’d produced the balls from. “Just put them back in here.”

By the time they had gathered the pokeballs and all were in the bag, Lulu hoisted it up by a bicep that curled to her chest with much ease and then shoved the bag into his. “What’s your name?” She returned her Klinklangs with her free hand.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 16:52:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Oh, quite the short fuse this one had. It reminded him of a certain blunette from a couple days ago. Only.. this one definitely had some height to her. "Ouch, quite the prickly one, aren't you." Barnabey seems to take Lulu's edged remarks with grain of salt, a very small chuckle escaping his lips. 'Course, he was quick to get back to work, placing the captured pikachus in the designated bag.[break][break]
After a retrieving and handing over the fruit of his rather mediocre aim job, Barnabey stands straight and stretches. Fred had also made his return from his fun, the Sableye looking maxed out from overexerting himself. Beth had also returned, but the Mawile seemed more grumpy than actually tired.[break][break]
In an effort to give them both a rest, Barnabey returned both of them to their pokeballs, lightly placing them in his pocket. Though, as he did this, Lulu asked that million dollar question.[break][break]
Hoisting his personal bag over his shoulder, Barnabey's sheepish expression would return; the man's sleep deprived gaze fixating on the woman before him. "I don't got one. Not one worth remembering, anyways." Whether the act was done intentionally, or simply of truth, that could be left to Lulu's imagination.[break][break]
"Anyhow," Barnabey smiles, then turns on his heels to walk past Lulu; making a slow and steady retreat in the opposite direction of the mess Beth and created. "You got the pikachus, I have another job to do. Cyaaaa around." Raising a waving hand over his shoulder, the man begins to walk off; Assuming that Lulu wouldnt stop him.[break][break]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

[attr="class","pokesa"]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 21:02:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@barnabey

Her eyes cut at him a bit. Prickly? “Hm.” But, he was right.

The key fairy settled comfortably back into the pocket of her jacket, seeming to like it there, as excited as it had been to jump out at the man before. A sad, parting jingle was given to the air. It seemed disappointed that Barnabey, or whatever his name was, had not acknowledged it. How awkward. You try to say hello to someone—

Well that was pretty unfair. She’d given him a name, regardless of whether it was bullshit or not. Not worth remembering, he said. Nothing else about this was uncommon in Rocket, but that part was…sort of intriguing, actually.

The response was met with an inquisitive stare, all of her spininess momentarily smoothed over by the perplexing distraction. It was clipped by his parting words, however, and the fact that the bag of pokeballs nearly fell to the ground at her feet when a hand didn’t grab them in return. Her shoulder slacked suddenly and she caught it. “Wh—”

But he had already spun and began heading in the other direction, waving her goodbye. She blinked, wanting to throw a pokeball at his head. He had offered to carry them. Frustratedly, she barked after him. “Guess I’ll see ya then.”

Lulu swung the bag onto her back, huffed lightly and headed in the opposite direction, Pikachus in tow and Houndoom at her feet.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 4:47:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@barnabey