Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Please Mash the Back Button [C]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 14:43:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug didn't understand what the issue was then, but he laughed all the same, grinning.

"Thanks for the backhanded vote of confidence, then! I'll make sure to live to yer undesired expectations." He said with a chuckle, leaning his head onto his fist.

As Andy wiggled his eyebrows at him and made an offer he could most definitely not take back however, the youth's expression slowly blanked, his head slowly tilting.

"Hoh?" He uttered, a slow smile slowly stretching over his lips once again, turning into a smirk as his hand reached up to tip down his hat.

"I'll hold you up to that." He said simply, suddenly eloquent.

And just like that, it was gone, the youth's chin tipping forth and falling back onto his palm, a yawn leaving his mouth.

It was getting quite late- this had been supposed to be a sleepover.

"Anyway, don'cha worry yer pretty lil' head over it. I figured that if the League can't be trusted to do anything proper, ya gotta do it yerself. Can only go up from where I stand."

The League's Army program was surprisingly giving, which made sense given one was essentially signing their lives off for service for several years. If he didn't see much progress in the next 4 or 5 years, he could always step out after taking advantage of as many of their boons as possible.

Plus...

"I couldn't join 's mentorship program without becoming a League Officer anyway." He revealed, yawning once more into his palm. "His mom wouldn't let him get out without an official league appointed mentor, and most of those guys weren't interested in really teachin' him or lettin' him do anythin'."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 11:01:32 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]
[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The most potent point Doug made among any was that his League membership ensured he had the proper authorization to mentor their friend . The older teen could have just left it at that and Andy would have accepted it. While a lot of trouble, it was better than what he would have done: probably a few hard punches to his mother's titty followed by harshly worded demands laced with passionate analogies about the immorality of keeping a blind child on a leash.
[break][break]
''I guess that's a good point,'' he said, downplaying how much he really agreed. ''Hideo is worth it.'' All of Doug's yawns hadn't escaped his notice. It was a pity he couldn't entertain his guest as much as he would have liked. What rotten luck. ''You're tired already? I thought I was the one who hiked up a mountain and got pounded into the dirt,'' he teased. ''Here I thought I could still coax a hand cooked dinner out of you.'' But perhaps he was asking too much. Doug had patched him up after all.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]
[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]
--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 2:06:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Sure is." The youth said, nodding even while looking ready to drop sideways and sleep on the hard floor.

Naturally, Andy's words put a stop to that.

Doug squinted at Andy, feeling his party animal-esque persona being challenged.

"Oi, a whole day happened 'fore I met'cha! I do stuff too, ya know!" He said, biting his tongue shortly after to keep from yawning again. "Ya know how tiring it is to be a punching bag? S' hardwork!"

His drill sergeant did not pull any punches during training. himself could be quite the slavedriver if he wanted to- though admittedly, that was on him for asking.

"Wait... guess you would know." He said after a moment, before finally springing up to his feet. "Awright, awright. I did say m'cookin' was to die for last time; gotta put what little money I've got where m'mouth is, I guess."

He yawned once again before looking around, his gaze settling on the Microwave, toaster oven and Minifridge.

"'Tis my work station, or are ya hidin' a kitchen somewhere?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 11:08:40 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I actually do,'' he responded to the teen's query with a glance over his shoulder at Doug's repair work. He was fairly certain this was a little harsher treatment than a punching bad though. Of course his guest agreed, given his condition. With his prompt, it seemed the bug catcher shook off his exhaustion and was ready to place a bet on his talents. He strolled over to what Andy liked to refer to as the 'kitchenette.' They sold camper stoves of course, but appliances were among the most expensive furniture.
[break][break]
''Afraid that's it. Sorry. Maybe one day I'll invest in the premium model with a big dedicated kitchen.'' Such a thing could be in the cards, but he would need many more powerful pokemon to move the larger structure from place to place. Such pipe dreams were at the bottom of his list of concerns however. ''Ingredients are in either the freezer or fridge part depending on what it is.'' Of course an examination would reveal mostly meats or sweets, hearty meals. For vegetables and berries, pickings were slim.
[break][break]
Many of the options were instant box meals.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 0:26:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Hn, 'knowledged." He said simply, nodding as he turned back to the utensils. It was still more than he and his grandpa had inside the tent; arguably more than the ladies at the camp even, who cooked with a cauldron. He could make this work, somehow.

Turning around, he dropped on his knees in front of the minifridge, and opened it.

"Huh. So this is why yer so short." He said bluntly, grinning wide as he reached inside and grabbed the pack of meat furthest above, which were...

"Ribs? Fancy." He said with a laugh as he threw it above the toaster oven, it landing neatly atop it before the youth went back into the fridge.

"No, but really, where's all the veggies? I thought Galarians loved potatoes." He said as he rummaged through the minifridge, his butt wiggling about as he pushed aside candy and meat packs.

The military was not doing wonders for Doug's life expectancy but it was certainly helping him fill out proper.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 13:40:23 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Genetics.'' He made an easy excuse for his height. His diet was doubtless a contributor however. Perks of having little to no real adult supervision in his life. Doug found a pack of ribs and Andy couldn't argue with the choice, even if his own ribs were injured. ''Oi. If you cook those make them tender. I ain't in no state to be wrestling the meat off the bloody bone.'' The last thing he wanted was to endure great pain for a good meal, especially since in his mind he had already paid the piper.
[break][break]
''Already ate all those.'' Who knew if it were a jest. At any rate there were none to be found. Even if he had hated potatoes, he would have eaten anything at this point. ''In your own time, mate. I ain't ate all day. Could eat a whole horsea right now.'' He didn't want to rush, but his hunger was belaying his typical courteous demeanor. Even the twerking show went largely unnoticed in the face of how famished he was. Hopefully Epitaph would remain absent so he could partake in an even larger share.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 1:56:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Genetics're lookin' a lot like sugar and no broccoli." He said dryly as he threw the fridge's door closed.

Ribs it is. Not that there was much of a choice in the matter.

"Well, since his lord can't afford to chew." Doug said as he made the nearest sink, washing his hands. "Guess I best get rid of all 'em little bones."

Deboning ribs was not how he thought he would be spending the sleep over, but it wasn't bad or anything. Cooking could be fun- and hey, he had actual ingredients for once. He put some water to boil, and flicked on the toaster oven so it would preheat.

Looking around the area for a moment, he noted a distinct lack of cooking knives around... before shrugging to himself and producing a tactical knife from his sleeve, washing it as well before moving to get more comfortable.

He began to peel into the ribs' membrane.

"So what was the plan anyway, 'fore ya got ye bum handed to ya?" He asked casually as he worked.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 1:30:18 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''There's only a little candy in there. For fucks sake, you sound like a gran.'' It was just like an adult to go on and on about 'too many sweets.' Was there any such thing? None the less it wasn't all he ate, nor all he kept in stock. In fact, it went so quickly it was typically the lowest stock he had. At least it didn't seem as if Doug would harp on it, getting right to meal preparation.
[break][break]
''Well...'' Lots of things flew through his head, and most of them he wouldn't just out and admit to right off. Who knew if anything would have worked out, especially now that he was temporarily disabled. ''I thought maybe of a movie or... some shit.'' Was it a lie or just vague obfuscation? Even he didn't truly know. ''Just... real close?''
[break][break]
He wasn't great at this.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 20:26:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"That's what worries me, shortstuff." Doug had said dryly. There was only a small amount of candy, but was that how it usually was, or the result of Andy's sweet tooth?

Whatever, boy was eating Ribs like a king tonight.

... Actually, now that he thought about it...

"You actually know how to properly cook all these meats?" He asked, peering at the other youth as he continued to peel the membrane off the ribs, slowly pulling bone out of a single one as he did.

Color him surprised if so; cooking meat was not as simple as some might think. Properly anyway. Doug copied his mom for the most part, but even that came from several years helping prepare dinner.

"A movie? Haven't seen one o' those in a while." Doug said, glancing up as he continued to work on the meat. He thought for a moment, before laughing softly. "Had anything in mind? I would probably have begged for a Giant Monster film. It's been a looong while, and I loved those!"

Real close?

"What, like in your bed?" Doug said casually, popping another bone out of the ribs. "Well, it is getting kinda chilly. Pity those plans fell with your ass, huh?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 12:40:18 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I'd die if I only ate uncooked meat, Doug.'' Needless to say, extra crispy was often the flavor he got when cooking anything that wasn't instant. But his guest didn't need to know that. It was odd. Normally he got upset with people who mothered him as if he couldn't survive on his own, as if that wasn't exactly what he was doing now.
[break][break]
''Yes, the newfangled 'moving pictures' are quite popular with the youth these days, old boy,'' Andy teased in a posh tone. The way the older teen had worded it made it seemed like a movie was some advanced technology that was just for the societal elite. ''You mean like Sharpedo-nado?'' He tried to contain his scoff at the other trainer's movie desires.
[break][break]
Andy preferred flicks with more depth.
[break][break]
''It would be easier to see the tele that way,'' he quickly made an excuse for his earlier suggestion, but his rosy cheeks didn't lie. He frowned at Doug's quip. Somehow he imagined that this event was going to be butt of a few jokes for some time to come. Maybe he couldn't have had Epitaph answer the door and just pretended he wasn't home until he got better.
[break][break]
''Pretty sure my back isn't my ass, perv.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 13:23:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Oh. I best do my best, then!" Right. There wasn't room for not knowing how to cook when you were living and traveling alone. Now his only worry was whether his cooking matched the Galarian's boy presumably high-level own.

That aside...

"Huh? No, Giant Monster films. Kaiju? Ya know, Gojira? Mothra?" Doug said, glancing over at Andy. His brows pulled together in thought, realizing that the other kid was, well... Galarian. "Huh. Guess the charm o'those might not be much if ya get to see giant pokemon every time ya go to the stadium, huh?"

Beat.

"What the heck is Sharpenado?" The youth asked with palpable confusion, mispronouncing the name.

That kind of schlock did not make it to the sole, small cinema that was to be found in the town near the farm- and Doug wasn't much a meme culture kid, what with his flagrant lack of a personal computer for the past 16 years.

Andy's frown was about as far as Doug was willing to take the joke, as a matter of fact.

"Who ya calling a perv? I am nothin' if not pure and innocent of mind." Doug said with a hum, popping the last bone out of the ribs, before casually dumping them inside the boiling water, throwing the lid atop it a moment later.

"Sadly, as you probably know, cooking meat properly can be somethin' of a lengthy process." He said, before sitting down in front of Andy again. "Hope chatter and charming wit distracts ya, cause them ribs ain't gonna be ready for some time."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 16:09:15 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''I'm going to have to take you to a Galarian stadium fight one day if bigger is all you're into.'' The mattress ruffled as he shifted a bit on the bed. ''I don't know you would bother hanging around me if such were the case, however'' Maybe he was taking the posh thing a little too far, or perhaps it was just his pure blood showing through.
[break][break]
''And if you haven't heard of Sharpedo-nado, mate, don't worry,'' he said switching gears back once again. ''You ain't missing much.'' Forget the movie. Doug seemed to be needled enough at his accusation of perversion. Grinning devilishly, he had to press things just a little further. ''Pure are you? Excellent. I could use a sponge bath tomorrow morning. Glad to hear you're up to the task.''
[break][break]
He didn't mind the wait for the meat. After all, it seemed like he would be plenty entertained in the meantime. Andy wondered if one day he should attempt to invite Hideo for an outing like this, but then his parents would probably never allow him to go camping on a place like Mt. Pyre. Perhaps if he included Doug anyway, they would acquiesce, but for now it was only a hopeful plan.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 16:28:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug squinted at Andy, his dismissal of Kaiju films unappreciated.

"And I need to educate ya into classics, apparently. It's not just about size!" The youth said, though he couldn't really articulate just what was it that made Kaiju films the greatest genre to ever grace this sinful, worthless earth.

"Your stellar wit and shit taste in movies, clearly." Doug replied with an eye roll, moving the ice pack off Andy's back to check. Progress was slow, but... good enough.

"Now who's the bloody perv?" Doug asked with an exaggerated huff as he reached into his jacket, producing a net ball. It opened without being thrown, releasing a teeny, tiny Ribombee. Doug grinned at it, reaching over to drag his finger atop its head gently. "Let's get this pervert back on his feet, eh?"

Even before Doug's words, the little fae seemed to know exactly what was needed from it- which wasn't a surprise, given Andy's state.

Fluttering above the boy, tiny dots of pollen puff rained upon Andy's back, providing soothing relief and healing to the boy's injuries, now that the ice had numbed them.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 21:09:13 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Not much of a move was made as his guest-turned-caretaker removed his bag of ice, Andy assumed to survey his grievous battle wound. Outside of a slight dull twinge of pain as it was pulled away, the numbness left by the ice did a good job of stifling all the achy hurt. Doug accused him of being a perv again, missing the point of the comment that aided in their game of game of gay chicken.
[break][break]
''Are you deaf? Neither of us, apparently. Now get the sponge.'' Alas the older boy did not fetch the bathing utensil, but rather a pokeboll to reveal a ribombee. He recognized this pokemon given that one also served as his aunt's butler. Although Doug had yet to be acquainted with Reginald. It was uncertain when he would feel comfortable enough to show his friend around his 'official' Hoenn home.
[break][break]
''Ah, good thinking. Really trying to get out of that sponge bath for someone who isn't a pervert.'' The bee's healing attack soothed away the pain, but wouldn't entirely undo the human injury. Would that it could. Who would ever need to worry about disease or cancer again? None the less, he flexed on his stomach a bit before sitting up rather suddenly.
[break][break]
''Oh tha- OP!'' Rubbing at his bare back yet again, he rolled his torso a little more. ''Okay. Not like new, but better. Thanks Regin-er, Ribombee.'' He wasn't yet used to another ribombee in his life. Tentatively he stood and stretched, still feeling a bit of a twinge of pain, a grimace tugged at the corner of his mouth, but it was no where near as bad as it was.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 15:35:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Between the two of them, Doug was probably the one more likely to run away. He wasn't ready for any such mischief.

"I ain't playing Gay Chicken with you, shorty. You look like you would cheat." He said with a huff, watching his Ribombee work her magic.

A few moments later, Andy did the completely reckless thing (Doug didn't even know why he was surprised anymore), and began stretching. Doug noticed the winces, his eyes immediately darting towards the injured areas- but thankfully, the mended injuries didn't seem to exacerbate from the movements, despite the other's grunts.

"Ain't that nice, Bae?" Doug said with a laugh as he plopped down on Andy's bed, leaning his back against the wall it was propped against and lifting up his knee for his Ribombee to perch herself upon. "Good job."

The Ribombee bowed to Andy with a smile, before casually doing a half turn and sliding down the youth's thigh like a slide with a cheer.

"She's happy she helped." Doug said, catching the Ribombee in his palm. Moving her to stand atop his hat, the youth threw a glance at the pot with the ribs, measuring something with his gaze before bringing it back to Andy. "So what movie did you have in mind, Mr. Shit taste?"