Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Please Mash the Back Button [C]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 11:16:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]
[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
''How can yo-'' The question went unfinished, stunned at how uncertain he was that it was possible to 'cheat' at gay chicken. Would being heterosexual be cheating, or actually bring homosexual? What about bisexual? It didn't make any sense. Doug was likely bring facetious, but he could have had some logic about it. Andy doubted he would get a follow up explanation.
[break][break]
Doug was too busy fawning over his ribombee.
[break][break]
''I just like films with a little culture. You don't even know what I really like, dillhole.'' Andy huffed, crossing his arms with a pained grunt. ''I guess you can pick one of your dumb giant monster movies.'' He pointed in the proper direction. ''The remote by the telly there will let you pull up movie streaming. Just pick whatever suits you.''
[break][break]
His stomach rumbled.
[break][break]
''Ugh. Bloody hell those ribs are going to take forever.''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]
[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]
--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 16:09:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Grasping the remote, Doug turned on the 'telly', before being greeted with a black screen with the word 'HDMI 1' on the upper corner and little else.

Doug clicked randomly on the remote for a moment, before looking at Andy.

"What." Doug asked point blank, his smile unshaken as he tilted his head.

Doug had never used a smart TV. The TV in his childhood home had barely had color, and their economical circumstances had only gotten worse before arriving to Hoenn.

He had no idea what he was supposed to do- for that matter, he hadn't been too sure of what Andy had meant by 'movie streaming'; he had heard and seen the term before, but there was no practical knowledge associated with it.

"Should have gone for the burgers, huh?" He said with a laugh as Andy's stomach rumbled. He had tried to be fancy and impress the other youth, but at the rate things were going, if Andy's injuries didn't kill him, the hunger would.

"How about you work this weird thin' out while I go check up on 'em?" He said with a chuckle as he stood up, setting down the remote before making his way to the pot, removing the lid and glancing inside. "Yer right that I don't know yer tastes, so... Pick whichever ya like, Mr. Cultured."

Washing his knife, he casually poked the meat.

Soft.

"Good enough." Doug said as he grabbed the pot, before casually dumping all of the water onto the sink; he laid the soft meat atop a grill mesh before throwing it inside the preheated toaster oven, slamming it closed. "Anytime now!"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 23:43:08 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

A concerned look was shot at the older teen when the puzzled question was fired from his face. Surely he couldn't be serious. While Andy realized that his friend was poor, certainly he wasn't so poor that he had never interacted with a modern TV before. Yet the look on Doug's face seemed to tell a different story. It was unbelievable.
[break][break]
''Yeah...'' The word flowed out slowly as it seemed like Doug was trying to deflect from his technological ignorance. It was starting to become a surprise that when he walked in earlier he didn't stop to poke and touch the laptop sitting on the desk as if it were some alien contraption. ''It's a contemporary telly, mate.'' Not a 'weird thing.'
[break][break]
''Good. I'm absolutely famished,'' he spoke idly as he switched on the actual box that provided the TV's entertainment value, picking the most popular streaming service available to him, he scrolled through the options with the menu keys. ''What category would your kaji movies be under? Horror?'' The scrolling ceased as he waited for some assistance.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 19:30:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Depends on the movie." Said Doug, happy to ignore the TV debacle as he crossed a leg over the other and leaned back his elbows upon the counter. "Doubt that thing has kaiju or tokusatsu as a genre."

Then again, he knew about as much of the streaming service as he did the TV.

"Does it let'cha type? Just type k-a-i-j-u." He said, scratching at his chin.

He liked to think the genre was at least culturally significant enough these bloody internet based services would know about them.

And if not... Well, there was always 'Citizen Jenny', Popplio Fiction... Eh, whatever classic stuff Andy might be into.

Pushing off the counter, Doug crouched in front of the mini-fridge and swung it open once again, looking through the contents for drinks.

"Where's the juice?" He said, pushing aside the instant meals and packs of meat and candy. "I'll take soda, too."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 14:28:49 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

What were these moon runes that Doug was speaking? Were they Kantonian slang or something? Andy keyed in the letters that he was given however. After mashing the enter key on the remote, the loading wheel spun in the center of the menu until a litany of unfamiliar names and icons dominated by some large monster filled the screen.
[break][break]
''Are these they?'' Since the other boy had more or less directed his host to find what he was after he want back to rummaging around in the fridge again. This time it was for drink to sake his thirst. Craning his neck, he winced a bit as a tinge of pain crawled out of one of his muscles. That pollen puff had only been so good.
[break][break]
''Soda, juice? What do you take me for? Look in the door, Doug.'' The interior of the fridge door was lined with smaller racks and drink holders for cans. While there were a small selection of sauces that he doubted the older teen would want to drink, there were several varieties of canned tea, and nothing but. ''You're welcome to whatever you like, as long as it's tea.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 16:10:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Right, what was I thinking?" Doug said dryly as he turned his gaze to the inward side of the fridge and saw rows upon rows of bloody tea. "'n here I was, tryin' not to fall onto stereotypes."

He grabbed two cans of tea, not really caring for which flavour because he knew about the same for all of them (That is to say, jackall) before calling out to the other youth.

"Head's up." He said, going to throw the can at the other youth- before stopping short.

Best not to try it.

"Never mind." He said, standing up and kicking the fridge door closed gently before covering what little distance there was between him and Andy with broad steps, handing him the can. "What were ya askin' about before, by the way?"

Movie selection, as it turned out.

"Oh, yeah, they are!" He said while hooking a finger into can's ring and casually yanking it open. "Actually, I haven't even seen of these."

The Local Cinema at the town had a lot of old-but-good'ies, but it was hardly an expansive collection. It was looking like he would need to get some of these 'streaming' services. There was so much here!

And so much better looking stuff too!

"I've never seen that Gojira movie. Shin-Gojira?." Doug said, tilting his head as he pointed out a much more... recent looking movie.

"Let's go with that one." He said after a moment, glancing at Andy.

It looked much more the other boy's speed.

In the sense that it hadn't been made 60 years ago.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 11:26:24 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

There was a visible wince at the command to catch the soon-to-be-thrown can. Always rotten at sports, most of the time Andy tended to catch things with his face. While he was well coordinated with his feet, his hands were another story. Thankfully Doug either spotted this before commiting, or just outright thought better of it. Instead he came right over and handed it to him.
[break][break]
''What do you mean, you haven't seen them?'' There was a tinge of genuine annoyance in his voice. ''You were talking like you were the biggest fan of this whole damn genre.'' None the less, he made room on the bed for the other boy to join him in viewing and tapped the play button on the remote just after.
[break][break]
''What is a gojira? What the fuck is a shin-gojira? Is it a pokemon?'' He didn't think a couple of questions during the intro credits would be too annoying, but he was curious if this was some manner of Kantonian folklore or some other fantastical tale, a bit like the Darkest Day. Why wasn't there a movie about that, he wondered?

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 13:15:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Oi, I'll be darned if I ain't the biggest kaiju fan in Hoenn! .... This thing's new, though." Doug said dryly, Andy's annoyance washing off him harmlessly. "And I wasn't exactly payin' attention to films and cinema the past three years, ya know."

Slateport's cinema was way more expensive than the one back home anyway. He couldn't really justify begging his parents money for a movie when they were struggling to make ends meet as it were.

And once they were gone, well... Money didn't come out of thin air. Not that Andy needed to know about his family state.

At Andy's question, Doug grinned.

"Gojira's the kaiju icon to end all icons. The original giant monster!" He said, dropping his bum onto the bed and leaning back atop it, bringing his hands together behind his head. "He was an allegory for the dangers of pokemon experimentation and their implementation on military matters across the globe, back 'fore hurting people with pokemon became, well... common enough."

It had been a warning by the director, who had seen the signs before they came to head. Pity the warning had gone unheeded. Not that anyone could have foreseen the danger it spoke off coming over 70 years later.

"These days it's all just 'bout telling a very light story 'bout giant monsters with cool visuals though." The youth admitted next with a laugh, tilting his head as he checked the tags on the movie. 'Horror' was one of them. Surprisingly rare for the genre. "I don't think this one might fit that mold though... call it a hunch."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 11:23:31 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

There was a fair amount of doubt that whatever this creature was, it had been the 'original' giant monster. There were some pokemon that were downright gargantuan, and the existence of such long predated film. Andy wasn't determined enough to argue that just for the sake of blunting his friend's enthusiasm however. Besides, the rest of the explanation was facinating.
[break][break]
''So it's like an anti-war concept?'' The Galarian couldn't say he was exactly anti-war. Perhaps an ignorant stance, yet he had actually fought in one. ''Such a big fan and yet you joined the military like it wasn't anything.'' While he understood that Doug needed the money, he didn't think principles were for sale.
[break][break]
Which was why he tried to avoid having any.
[break][break]
''How's them ribs comings anyway, mate? The plates and shit are just there in the cabinet,'' he pointed to better direct. ''I'm fucking famished.'' He was sure he had mentioned it before, but he couldn't help but whine. Granted his back wasn't near as bad as before, so there was little stopping him from just getting up to do it himself.
[break][break]
There was something comforting about having someone look after him though, and not because they were paid to, but because they wanted to. The boy couldn't put his finger on precisely what it was, but he liked the sensation and wanted more of it. Perhaps it was safety, perhaps it was the illusion of stability. And considering they were camped on the side of a haunted mountain, that was impressive.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 13:20:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Sue me, lofty ideals alone don't save lives, and war ain't just a tool o' supremacy and destruction. Sometimes, it's the only means of defense." He said, rubbing his neck before casually dropping onto his side on the bed, propping his head up on his palm. "Just gotta make sure it don't make ya a monster."

A good number of the soldiers he worked with could be classified as 'anti-war' as well. But they also happened to be pragmatic people.

"Hoenn's fairly peaceful and diplomatic in its handling of o'international relations to begin with. Problem is, War keeps bangin' at its door regardless of what it does." He advocated for diplomacy first, but one Kanto was one too many.

... But yeah, how's 'em ribs at? Swinging his legs off the bed, the youth leapt to his feet before making his way to the cooking meat, opening up the toaster with a pair of gloves before pulling out the platter and placing it atop a suitable counter, and then casually spearing a single piece of meat with the fork, popping it into his maw.

It was scalding hot.

Pretty good, though.

"... Yesh, thash pretty goodsh." He said with a burned tongue, turning off the oven and dividing the meat evently between two plates before making his way back to Andy. "Foodsh's ready."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 21:32:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Defense he could totally understand given the events of the Three Days War. Perhaps he did find the enjoyment of slaying inhuman monsters as a form of release a bit too alluring however. Was it too late for him to not slip into the abyss and answer the cause of bloodlust as an escape of human misery, ever searching for that rush of power, keeping his ear out for the call of the void?
[break][break]
''If you want peace, prepare for war,'' he quoted some long dead philosopher, perhaps a bit too flippantly, in response to Doug's layout of the regions current situation. Forgetting all the heady talk of war and its corruption of the human spirit at the smell of the finished ribs as it wafted towards his nose, he cringed as the older boy sampled them fresh from the oven.
[break][break]
''Are you mad?'' It was apparent by the way he was talking that his tongue was just as cooked as the meat. ''You're going to be thankful for that cool tea now, mate.'' Eyes drank in the morsels as the plate was handed to him however. It was easy to see how tempting it was. None the less, with effort, he laid the plate to the side, so it could cool to an edible temperature.
[break][break]
Scooching to the side a bit, he patted the mattress just beside him to invite Doug to sit. Fluffing some pillows, there was an attempt to pile them into a nice little couch for them. Cracking the lid on his canned tea, he took a sip and hit the play button on his remote to start the film. Then, he slid up rather close to his guest, though not so close as to impede his feasting.
[break][break]
It would be a shame to let him struggle to eat after preparing it all.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 21:01:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"No, I'm hungry." Doug said with a laugh, dropping on his apparently designated spot with little grace and leaning against the pillows Andy had fluffed, simply chuckling as the boy scooted up closer towards him in turn. "Comfy!"

Despite his earlier words, he took a page out of Andy's book and laid his food to cool down besides him as well, grabbing his own can of cool tea and taking a heavy gulp out of it.

It somehow tasted way better with burnt up taste buds.

"Well, ya weren't wrong. Don't let it get to yer head. Now..." Doug said, an eager grin stretchign over his lips as he threw an arm atop the 'couch' of pillows. "Let's see if this movie's anythin' like the OG. Hit it, Andy!"

The lack of popcorn while watching a movie was borderline criminal, but whatever. There was always next time.
close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 21:19:42 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Starved as he was, the ribs were skint with haste. It almost wouldn't have even mattered if they had been seasoned in the first place. Setting the bone filled plate on the floor at the foot of the bed with a slight wince, the boy pondered if there was a pokemon among his collection that would like the bones. Perhaps the marowak?
[break][break]
A proper dog pokemon wasn't in his posession.
[break][break]
Food finished, the Galarian came to rest on the bed rather awkwardly, hugging his own bare knees. Andy Blackadder was many things, but romantic was typically not a descriptor one would ascribe to him. Perhaps one might imagine him crassly demanding 'kiss me, fucker!' Alas, a person could only contain so much boldness.
[break][break]
Staring at the screen without really looking at it, he dove through the mental gymnastics to cajole himself to act. And so, unfolding from himself he rolled subtly, as if he was trying to seem like he weren't doing anything at all, just falling into place. With his temple against Doug's shoulder, and an arm thrown over his waist, he wondered if he had been as slick as he thought.
[break][break]
Such sanctuary far surpassed any entertainment medium, and if left unchecked snoozing would ensue soon after.

--

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,244 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 3:36:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: