Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Please Mash the Back Button [C]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 23:47:28 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]
[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
While he might be stared down by the Alolan marowak posting up beside the door, the ghost pokemon did nothing to prevent a knock upon its surface. After a moment one of the double doors set back a mere inch and slid aside to reveal...! A grimacing Epitaph. Red eyes blinking, it occurred to him that Doug had been invited today and for his own bed no less.
[break][break]
''Gengar...'' The tone was a sullen croak. Three digited waving the teen inside, the door closed behind him with the unseen force of poltergeist. Much as the exterior would have likely betrayed, the camp was a long, portable quanset hut. The area just inside the door had a hanger rack on either side for coats and such.
[break][break]
Beyond this was another wall-formed bulkhead that on one side contained a little room on the left. Even the dim light from the windows on the double doors at the entrance was enough to reveal a commode/sink combo and stand-up shower. On the right, there was more clothing storage in the form of compartments and cabinets, along with a cubby for a double stack washer and dryer.
[break][break]
Many articles of unfolded clothing hung from these wall containers...
[break][break]
Another set of simple slatted wooden sliding doors revealed the main room. Within to the right, was a computer desk. While the laptop upon it was on, the screensaver (artist renditions of various ghost type pokemon bouncing about the screen) was all that appeared. Several books and manuals about coding and code languages littered the surface haphazardly.
[break][break]
A book that revealed its purpose to contain myths and legends seemed out of place among these. To the left was a small couch. An indention in the wall revealed a table could drop down to create a one benched booth for eating if need be. Just beside this was a mini-fridge and atop set a toaster oven, and atop that was a microwave.
[break][break]
Then at the end of the hut were two beds against either wall, on either side of a window.
[break][break]
''Ah shit... Doug.'' On the left bed sat Andy Blackadder looking worse for wear. Clad only in shorts, a nasty purple and yellow bruise stretched from high on his left shoulder, down his back to his right hip, small crusty lacerations punctuated the trauma on his milky complexion. A bandage lay strewn around him on the wrinkled sheets.
[break][break]
''Fuck,'' he said through a wince. ''I forgot you were coming today...''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]
[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]
set a day after Love Bugs

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 3:47:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He had expected many things, on his way to Andy's camp.

That aside.

"No shit you did! Went Bewear wrestling without me or something?! Why are you not at the hospital?!" Said Doug as he dropped to his knees besides Andy, eyes wide as he surveyed the damage. From shoulder to hip bone, across his entire back.

What in the blazes had he been up to? His gaze snapped to Epitath. With all the crap Andy had all over the place, sure he had a-

"First Aid Kit, Now!" He said, much more forceful than usual. The circumstances called for it, and Doug didn't deal well with stressful situations anyway.

So much for a calm night teasing the other kid; he would be lucky to get a wink of sleep just thinking of what could have happened.

"What manner of stupid shit did ya get up to in less than 24 hours?!" He hissed as he looked over the damage, taking off his hat and throwing it over his shoulders, beginning to peel back his shirt's sleeves. "Where's the bathroom? I need water and soap!"

Battlefield first aid training, don't fail him now!

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 12:04:56 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

His eyebrow rose. This reaction had been something he had read about in books and seen in movies, but never had experienced in person. But then he supposed that Doug was a soldier and therefore was at least trained to react in a situation like this.
[break][break]
''Gengar.'' A pointed look pinned the visitor. These pokemon could be stubborn, but it was highly likely Doug wasn't appraised of that. ''Just grab it, Taph.'' While the gengar wasn't keen to be ordered about by just anyone, he would listen to his trainer.
[break][break]
Mostly.
[break][break]
''Gengar...'' feet lifting, the purple pokemon glided over the floor boards towards the bathroom. ''Ghost hunting on Mt. Pyre. Trevenant rolled up on me. Let's just say it for sure knows wood hammer,'' he explained gruffly. Needless to say Doug seemed rather intense.
[break][break]
''Just follow Taph. Don't get so stressed, Doug. I've been whining around here for hours. If anything serious was wrong I'd know.'' There was at least an attempt to assauge the other boy's worries. Nothing felt broken to him, but then he wasn't a medical expert.

set a day after Love Bugs

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 1:48:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Uh Huh. I'll be the judge of that." He said, though just the words and tone alone suggested that he had calmed down a bit. Still, he gave the other youth a pointed look. "Don'cha move a muscle."

He scrambled back to his feet and fell in line with Epitaph, following into the bathroom. As the ghost hopefully searched for the first aid kit, Doug was quick to wash and disinfect his hands thoroughly.

The proof that he really had bought into Andy's bs excuse were his next words.

"Where does one even get one o' these?" He said, incredulously staring at the sink as if he had just now realized that he was in what appeared to be a fully functional bathroom.

No wonder Andy's camp was practically stationary- dude would need a moving crew to get it anywhere.

Back to the task at hand, the youth came out of the bathroom shortly after, hopefully with the first aid kit in hand if Epitaph was feeling kind.

"Andy, honey, when you invited me 'ere I thought I was comin' camping, not crashin' your bachelor's pad. Would've skimpier pajamas-" He managed to say with a barely held together snort, before soberin' up at the sight of the other youth once again.

"Awright." He said as he kneeled again near Andy, opening the kid and immediately putting on the disposable gloves. "Let's see this mess. Did the hunt at least go well?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2021 14:54:30 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Epitaph wasn't the most motivated pokemon, but it didn't help that he was exhausted from his trainer's earlier foray. Of course Andy had left out the detail that it had been him who had fought off the trevenant. If he hadn't the pokemon might have killed the boy. The ghost wasn't even sure why it had been captured and not passed over.
[break][break]
The gengar would never trust it.
[break][break]
''Gen.'' He offered the kit to Doug after he finished washing his hands. It wouldn't have been hard to find given that it had been hanging on the wall between the shower and the door. Rather or not the teen took it or had him follow him back to Andy, he would soon be phasing through the wall of the hut to find someplace quiet to nap.
[break][break]
The guest seemed to know what he was doing and he could trust him to make sure his master didn't die. When Doug rejoined his host, Andy perked up at the affectionate moniker. A sheepish smile would have blossomed if a twinge of pain from the movement didn't immediately erase it. Hopefully the grimace didn't make the other boy think he was put off.
[break][break]
''Good thing you didn't. I'm not going to be good for much but lying here.'' He was new to flirting, but he told himself he was great at it. Such was the way with many things. With a grunt or two he moved a bit so Doug could better survey all the blunt force trauma. ''I caught a trevenant. You know, the one that hammered me in the ass.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 18:44:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Offer yer hand next time." He said wryly, popping the kit opening while eying the youth's bruise.

He was surprised that this, bad as it looked, was as much as Andy got. Must have been a clip.

"Awright, on secon' viewing it ain't as bad as I first thought." he said, grasping an empty ice pack inside the kit before making his way towards the refrigerator/freezer. "It ain't gonna be magical but an ice pack will prob' do wonders for it."

Swinging the freezer open, the hick boy swiped a couple handfuls of ice into the pack before going back to his friend, dropping to his knees besides the bed once again.

"This might hurt." Was about all the warning the other youth got before the cold pack was unceremoniously, if gently, pressed to the bruise.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2021 14:44:27 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Hey, you don't offer your hand to the first woody that shows up. Blackadder men have standards.'' This was a good distraction. Wondering when he would take things too far or make things uncomfortable would keep his mind off his throbbing spine. Ultimately it seemed Doug would employ the tried and true ice pack to soothe the pain.
[break][break]
''Blimey. I didn't even think of that.'' He had had plenty of bruises in his life, though never any that were this severe. ''Mum would have killed me for being weak enough to need one. But then I didn't make a habit of getting attacked by pokemon as a lad.'' Then the other teen applied the cold remedy and a pained inhale was sucked through his clenched teeth.
[break][break]
''Fucking...'' The pack would doubtless not be large enough to cover the scope of the wound. One would probably need a pillow case for that. But still, after the initial hurt the nerves became numbed. ''Can I lie down?'' He figured he would ask before attempting it. ''Been sitting here like this since I got here. Ain't helping my back none.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2021 16:57:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He couldn't fault Andy for not going for the obvious route. Thinking straight was hard when you were in pain, and his pokemon weren't going to pull first aid knowledge out of their ass. There were no Ghost-type Chanseys.

"Yeah, better do that. Will make my job easier too." He said as he pulled the ice pack away for a spell, letting the other youth reposition himself before bringing it back into place once more.

There wasn't a whole lot left to be done. Doug wasn't a magician and his best healer, Bae, was currently tending to his garden.

Sooo...

"Ass first's as classy as it gets in Galar then, huh?" Doug said casually after a short while, managing to maintain a straight face for about a second before cracking up, a snort leaving his throat.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 11:53:15 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Only grunts came in response to Doug's quips as the boy manuvered into position, slowly lying face down. He appreciated that his guest was trying to make the best of it. It wasn't going to be as good of a time as he had planned, but such were the wiles of life. It was the first time he has ever been injured while looking for pokemon, and he still couldn't believe it.
[break][break]
He was thirteen, which meant he was immortal.
[break][break]
''I don't know about ass first, but they say to always lead with your best quality.'' Perhaps he wiggled his eyebrows, or perhaps he was just grimacing. Andy had no idea why he was even saying anything. Talking smack was better when you had the capability to actually follow up and he clearly did not right now. Throwing a single hand off his side of the bed, he gestured to the surroundings.
[break][break]
''So, what do you think? Better than a tent, eh''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 23:57:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

At that, Doug cracked up, his laughter ringing through the portable apartment thing Andy had made his home.

"Fair'nuff! Sounds like an airtight policy." He said, and almost managed to keep a straight face for more than fives seconds. Rather impressive a feat, if he did say so himself.

Dragging his eyes around the spacious, well put together place that most certainly blew his tent out of the water, the youth shrugged casually and smirked, winking.

"Eh, it's not bad... but come on, where's the sense of adventure in sleeping somewhere that wouldn't get torn away by weather alone?" He said, chuckling. "It's pretty amazing. Me tent's awready too cramped with both me and m'grandpa trying to fit inside. Never seen one o'these on any Marts, though. Where the heck did you pull this out of?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 4:17:53 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''It can for sure get blown away,'' he corrected. ''You just need the right weather.'' Of course Doug was curious why he hadn't seen it on any pokemart. The answer was obvious. It wasn't listed there to the general public, because it technically wasn't intended for general use. ''There's a Galarian company that makes these in a few types.'' He would leave out their name.
[break][break]
Doug couldn't afford it anyway.
[break][break]
''It's intended for like construction sites, or archaeological digs. You know, shit where people need to stay a while, but not forever. Believe it or not, this isn't even the expensive one. They have the primo model with multiple rooms that's powered by rotoms. It would cost me like three years stipend for that one.'' Of course any of them were a tad too permanent for a functional camp.
[break][break]
''It's intended to be thrown up somewhere and the company will move it or repossess when you're done, if you're the kinda wanker that's into renting. I use pokemon to move it wherever I want though. I am not paying some asshole for it.'' Modern problems required modern solutions. ''Why don't you try out the bed, eh? It's damn comfortable for a little cot looking thing.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 3:28:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Outta my wallet's range, gotcha." Doug said after Andy mentioned its many professional uses, laughing slightly.

To make a long answer short, it was because Doug was poor as dirt and Andy was filthy rich. The youth realized a few words in that it was the kind of luxury item his bank account would not have enough zeroes for any time this decade.

"Would love to try it, but somebody's gotta hol' this proper to yer back." He said, placing an elbow atop the futton before dropping his chin on his palm, yawning. "Will be a bit longer 'fore we can get the pajama party started, m'fraid."

They were in for a long night, it seemed.

"Did'cha know I've been trying to get expelled for the past 6 months?" He said after a few moments of silence, getting much too uncomfortable with his own thoughts.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2021 15:12:32 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

For those quiet moments, he laid there, cheek to bed annoyed that this evening wouldn't be as entertaining as he would have liked. Alas, he could only do so much if he had to just lay there. It was tough to rely on just his charming personality. He thought perhaps Epitaph could assist some, but given the silence and his visual absence, Andy assumed he had vacated the premises.
[break][break]
''Why in the bloody hell are you trying to do that?'' It seemed an odd thing to be seemingly upset about considering the number of times he had almost been thrown out of school. Since coming to Hoenn, he had appreciated homeschooling much better. Less social drama, like the constant jousts with people like , dealing with teachers and their heavy handed authority.
[break][break]
''You really intend to be some drooling soldier boy until the League's utterly brainless leadership gets you killed?'' The incredulity was sincere. And here Andy had thought that Doug's servitude was just a means to support himself and his remaining family until he could do better. It was fully expected that he could, would, and should do better than the League.
[break][break]
''I ain't looking to go to any more funerals any time soon, Doug.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 1:00:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Boy." Doug said, breathing in deep and puffing up his cheeks before blowing out air, laughing. "With an answer like that, yer definitely gonna hate it when I tell ya that I was actually not being entirely truthful... I already succeeded a while back."

Sometime between meeting Andy, and their date, this young man had managed to get himself kicked out of school. With some help.

As for why, though?

"Why indeed?" Doug said in what he hoped sounded like a philosophical tone, grasping at his chin thoughtfully with his one free hand. "Too bored, waste o' time, had to look after myself and granpa, was getting tired o' just being a victim. I'm spoiled for choice'ere."

Even if none of those were right. He wasn't about to go ahead and share his inner conflicts. That was completely unconducive to his self-repressive, ignore-your-problems ways.

"I got my chance and I took it without thinking twice, so I don't regret it too much." He said, before leaning his head onto his free hand.

"Didn't even matter anyway." He said. "If I had been in highschool, they would've required me to finish first."

And the punchline was.

"Since I wasn't, they made me go take a highschool Equivalency Exam instead."

Apparently, there really were no consequences to being expelled from highschool for relatively minor offenses, provided you were smart enough to pass the equivalency exams.

Or cheated with the help of your psychic, 6 mile radius telepath bug.

"Karma's comin' for me one o'these days." He said with another laugh, before smirking at Andy. "All that aside... What'cha mean droolin'? Ya think I can't make it big in this shit fest of n'army?"

He pouted at Andy, he of little faith.

"I expect a written apology when I make it General."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 14:12:50 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Oh quite the opposite,'' he responded to his guest's query. ''I do think you can make it. That's what worries me.'' If he could have crossed his arms he would have, but alas, laying face down didn't offer him the flexibility. The boy wasn't keen on the idea of Doug becoming more involved with the League. He expected they would have him scrub toilets somewhere.
[break][break]
Accomplishment would only lead to more danger.
[break][break]
''Pfft.'' The demand for an apology, written or otherwise, prompted a scoff. It also sprouted a twinge of playfulness. ''If you make General, I'll give you more than an apology.'' He raised and lowered his eyebrows. That probably wouldn't be for a few years at least... right? How quickly Andy forgot one of the main rules of Hoenn. Anything could happen here, and the more stupid the more likely.

--