part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
for whom the bell tolls [s]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 17:19:14 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chime.
    Chime.

Chryssa tightened her fingers in the grass and tore out a handful, letting it blow away in the wind like ash. She sat on the edge of a knoll overlooking the cliffside, grass tickling the backs of her legs. Her bare feet dangled over the edge, swinging absentmindedly.

Before her was the open ocean, infinitely bold and blue.

Behind her was the burned remnants of the Church of Arceus, twisted and black as a dragon’s horns.

“It’s terrible, isn’t it? They say it burned for seven hours.”

She didn’t turn her head.

“I wish I could have seen it. I’ve never seen a big fire before.” Her tone was wistful. The turrets, crowned by flames. The Broken Wheel set ablaze, iconography crumbling into gunpowder.

She closed her eyes. She’d imagined it over and over from her hospital bed. She’d made up her mind to come back here, to drink it in, to visualize it herself. But now that she was here…

Chime.
    Chime.

The sound was coming from a Chimecho, its tag flapping in the breeze like the scarf of a dramatic anime character. The bell Pokemon was wrapped around her massive neck brace, periodically releasing Heal Bell rings that soothed the lingering pains across her body.

Stiffly, slowly, Chryssa finally turned and recognized , giving a little start that seemed to hurt. She winced.

“Oh! It’s you! She made no move to stand, but she wiggled her toes as if in greeting. “My, my, you actually came back! What a fine coincidence.” A genuine smile appeared on her face, lighting up her eyes. Then they narrowed cunningly. 

“You weren’t looking for me, were you?”

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 2:19:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

He'd seen the explosion from afar. He'd read the reports that came afterwards. The meeting had drawn a lot of attention, and that attention had followed some of those involved to the hospital. It was what had kept Remiel from visiting his peculiar host sooner. And, until she was free of the watchful eyes of many, the prince had placed her in the secret care of a knight: the dutiful and chivalrous Gallade, Maximillian.[break][break]

It was only thanks to Maximillian that Remiel had learned of Chryssa's jaunt to the ruins of the church. And, a pair of TELEPORT later, he was here: just in time to listen to her wistful remarks about the fire that had consumed such a seemingly precious place to her. Having come straight from his office, the Galarian Ambassador wore a white dress shirt and black vest, with accompanying tie, leather shoes, and black trousers.[break][break]

Cobalt hues narrowed on the contraption rigged around her neck. To see such a young girl in such a sorry state was surely a shame to many, he thought. But the royal still hadn't decided how he felt about it. Chryssa had invited something bigger than she could handle, that was for certain. Whether she had done so out of malicious intent, foolishness, curiosity or, perhaps, a combination of all three, however, was part of the reason he'd come.[break][break]

Her pain-filled wince draws no response from his indifferent, sculpted face when she turns. But her baffling excitement manages to raise a single brow from him. With his Gallade standing watch several paces behind him, Remiel takes a step closer towards the girl, hands in his pockets as he distractedly admires the view. "I'd wager you'd have come looking for me instead, if it wasn't for that dreadful injury you've sustained. So I'm here to save you the trouble, young lady."[break][break]

He stops. For a moment, his gazes fixes itself upon the charred and blackened remains of the church. Then, sharply, it shifts towards the girl sitting nearby. "You left many of us with a bevy of questions that day. I'm not the sort to let such questions be, either."[break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 16px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 42px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 16px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 18px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 13:33:44 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

She widened her eyes. "Wow! All that trouble, just for me?" Her tone was innocent. She shifted subtly, crossing her legs. "So did you bring tribute, or just yourself?"

Her eyes glittered playfully. Or maybe it wasn't so playful.

"The questions are all the same," Chryssa continued indifferently after a moment, seeming to lose interest. She flicked a pebble off the side of the cliff, listening to it clatter as it bounced and rolled down the ledges. "It's funny how the answers change every time, though. What makes you think I'll tell you the truth, ? Or that there's a single truth to tell?" 

The police had come first. Then the journalists. Her visitors at the hospital. People who believed she had nowhere to run. People who thought they had her cornered. But you couldn't back a ghost against a wall, and you couldn't pressure someone with nothing to lose. Chryssa feared nothing and no one. 

The truth was, she had never felt so free.

"The things we do aren't science. We don't just plug in the correct data and get what we want out the other side. Things are twisted. Complicated. Unfair. If you can stomach that," Chryssa turned her smile on him again, "--ask away." 

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 0:45:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
SOCIAL

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

For a very brief second, Chryssa reminded him entirely of his sister ( ) at a younger age. She often pretended to be entirely coy herself. Though that did very little to convince Remiel she didn't possess a sharp, dangerous wit.[break][break]

"Oh? You certainly do carry the aura of a royal about you... but I don't believe you actually are one, are you?" He remarks in return, his cold cobalt eyes set down upon her. "The only tribute I bring is my openness to talk. Nothing more, nothing less."[break][break]

Far be it from him, after all, to capture and interrogate a young girl. Even despite the powerful forces she seemed to be at play with. He sighs, looking out towards the ruins afar. "You're right, of course. I can't be certain you'll tell me anything truthful. But that won't keep me from verifying it at a later date. And whatever I find should help me judge your... intentions."[break][break]

He disagreed with the opinion she put forth afterwards. Science was in everything. With enough data, logic could be applied to most things as well. That wasn't to say Remiel had a firm understanding of people, but there was little he couldn't stomach. And, though her words seemed like an invitation to prove it, he wouldn't let himself get caught in her bluff so easily.[break][break]

Regarding her smile with a quirk of his brow, however, he asks away. "Who are you really? Where do you come from? And how did you come to be involved in such matters?"[break][break]

[break]

notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 16px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 42px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 16px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 18px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]