Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 1:34:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He had come a long way to send a bunch of innocent Wailord packing.

"Ya bunch have got a rotten luck, ya know?" He said to one of them, patting its massive side gently before turning on his heel to face his partner for the day.

A very taciturn Ranger named Razz Kingsman, and the leader for this mission.

"This yer first time doin' this? Certainly mine." He said, scratching at cheek with bandaged hands. "Certainly efficient, but gotta wonder how ethical this is."

Even if he said this, he laughed. There was no real damage to be done to the massive whales- unless an electric type was used anyway.

A WHALE OF A PROBLEM
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 10:13:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]
[attr="class","wiingtop"]

[attr="class","wiingtop3"]TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT

[attr="class","wiingtop4"]IT WONT TAKE ME DOWN | AND JUST FORSAKE ME NOW

[attr="class","wiingpost"]

Never much of a talker Razz just inspected the Whalord they needed to help, curious as to what it could have been that caused them to be stuck. As large as they were there seemed something youthful to it. Maybe a recently evolved and so wasn't used to it's new size yet? He pondered before Doug called to him. "Try a Heal Pulse in case there are injuries," he tells Laurel as the small Chikorita nods and swings the leaf on her head to heal of them of any problems. [break][break]

"Doing what?" he questions not entirely understanding what they were asking about, "Relocating trapped pokemon or needing a Mega Evolved pokemon to move them?"[break][break]

He gives the situation one more look over to see the best way to handle this, "Alright Mr Sullivan, I'm going to have my psychic pokemon lift them up a bit, do you think your Beedrill can move them back enough without... well stinging them?" he questions with some doubt there. Razz unintentionally judging the use of the needle pokemon for a balloon like whale.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","wiingbot2"] MISSION WITH

[attr="class","wiingbot3"]

Mission: A Whale of a Problem

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:300,400,700]

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1 b]color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3 b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#d25d59;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2021 21:00:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Smacking pokemon so hard they fly over the horizon, actually." He said in response, patting the Wailord. "Stingin' shouldn't be a problem, we intended to Brick Break."

As if to demonstrate, Sphectra jabbed the air with his stinger sharply, shaking his head, before swinging it like a bat instead, nodding now.

"Like so!" He said, gesturing to his pokemon with a grin before reaching under his shirt, pulling out a mega pendant with a yank. "Don'cha worry 'bout it, Sphectra 'ere knows what he's doing. So! Shall we get to it?"

A WHALE OF A PROBLEM
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 8:54:47 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

"I just worry that hitting it like some sort of baseball would hurt it," Razz expresses his concern but the other seemed confident so all he could do what trust them for now. He looks back to his Metagross with a questioning look and they just nod able to read their trainer just fine. "Well hopefully their blubber with reduce it," he comments more to himself than anything else as the stone on his belt began to glow and Cobalt transforms. [break][break]

"Alright lift them up!" the Ranger orders with their boosted power combined with a HELPING HAND from Salem Cobalt used PSYCHIC to lift the whale with ease. Once more Salem helped his fellow psychic to turn them. "Alright whenever you're ready."

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.wiing]width:500px;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;background-color:#1c1c1c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtop]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/QvTyuMc.png'); background-color:#131313;padding:30px;color:#f3f3f3;height:130px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wiingtopimg]float:right;height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;padding:10px 12px;border-top:solid 3px #d25d59; border-bottom:solid 3px #333333;margin-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop1]font:40px Raleway;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:40px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding-top:36px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop2]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;white-space:nowrap;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop3]float:left;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:120px;background-color:#1c1c1c;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingtop4]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost]padding:50px;font:10px Verdana;border-left:solid 1px #171717;border-right:solid 1px #171717;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingpost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot1]float:right;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:80px;background-color:#171717;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2]background-color:#d25d59;padding:10px;font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;color:#1a1a1a;height:5px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot2 a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:5px;color:rgba(0,0,0,.5)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wiingbot3]background-color:#131313;padding:25px;color:#555555;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 1:13:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"'Pologies boss, that I can't promise." He said bluntly, the Beedrill besides him shaking his head at the other young. "It might hurt, it might not. I ain't a Wailord nor anything near as big. Shouldn't cause injury, tho! These fellas are too big and spongy for blunt force."

If the upper brass had really wanted to do this as painlessly as possible for the poor whales, they would have stuck to the conventional means. But that apparently took too much personnel in these 'dire times'.

Luckily, there was little on earth as durable and well built as a Wailord. It would be a rough return, but hopefully they would learn their lesson and stay away from the coasts.

Watching the massive water-types be lifted up in the air by his allies' Mega Metagross, the youth released an appreciative nod. It was always a a mind boggling wonder when something as massive as a Wailord was hovering above you, the threat of a crushing end ever present.

Well, better do his part. He nodded at Razz, grasping his pendant.

"You got it. Sphectra!" He said as the Mega pendant on his neck shone, his Beedrill flapping its wings and rising in the air, envolved in a sphere of light. It swiftly exploded, revealing the Mega Beedrill's form.

"Let's not prolong this, Sphectra. Send'em home! Brick Break!" He said, swiping his arm across the air.

Burst through the air at massive speed, the Beedrill spun through the air like a top before crashing into the Wailord, sending it flying into the horizon with a thwack.

"Next one."

A WHALE OF A PROBLEM
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2021 11:41:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Boss is a weird thing to be called for him. Not only did he spend his whole childhood as a low level grunt with no real plans of being anything other than his father's lackey, but now he was in a trail of a promotion for his good deeds. So being in charge of anyone wasn't something he was used to. [break][break]

Razz just watches the Beedrill evolve to the next level as it smacks the whale pokemon into the sea. Rather than quickly move on the Ranger decided to wait a moment as he takes a look at the Wailord come back up from the sea after having been knocked into the water. It seemed to bounce up and down giving Razz all the information he needed to know. "Alright Cobalt again please," he orders as the Mega Pokemon moves over to the next wailord as it uses it's boosted PSYCHIC to lift the Wailord[break][break]

"Whenever you're ready Mr. Sullivan," the ranger gives a nod no longer worried over the water pokemon as it was clear the blunt force didn't bug it too much.

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 13:05:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

With the Leader's misgivings cleared, the mission proceeded smoothly. Lift on Wailord, smack it into the Sea. Lift another, smack it into the sea.

Not exactly intellectually stimulating work. The pokemon could probably have dealt with it without the trainer's input. Which naturally lead to...

"Say, weren't cha at the plate Club meeting?" Doug finally said after moments of heart pounding, staring and doing nothing action. "I saw ya at Ranger's Reception before that too, now that I think'bout it. Ya wear a suit well!"

It was weird how many people he tended to run into repeatedly, but never really 'talked' to them. Almost as weird as how often he ran into the same people again and again despite how large and packed full of people Hoenn was.

Maybe fate really was a thing.

A WHALE OF A PROBLEM
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 21:55:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Looks like things were moving smoothly now, guess no real direction was needed as he was more than sure the Metagross could easily figure this out without him now. Razz still felt this was a bit odd, but the one in the ocean were fine. The ranger was more than content to just continue their mission in silence as small talk wasn't much his thing though it seems the other had questions. [break][break]

At the mention of the 'plate club' meeting Razz seemed a bit confused at first. It takes a second for it to actually click as he supposes 'Plate Club' does have the feel of what would call the whole thing. "Yes, you had the light green plate right?" Razz tries to recall his old notes. Very much recalling 'Straw Hat' next to the color. "You weren't caught in it's explosion I hope?" he ask with some concern. [break][break]

There would be more of a reaction at the mention of the Ranger Gathering though. Already Razz was cringing at the thought of that whole ordeal as his injuries were very fresh then. "Uhh thanks... I thought you were an officer though? Are you interested in joining the Rangers?" To him it would the the only reason to be there, as he was told it was Ranger only. Though he could have gotten that information wrong.

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2021 1:44:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Yup. Insect Plate bois here." Doug said, holding up a sideways V-sign to his eye with his bandaged hands. "And thanks for the concern, 'ppreciate it! But nah, I wasn't caught up in the explosion, though..."

Well, the bandaging around his palms told the story quite effectively. Still, the youth tried not to let the memories of it get him too down this time, simply winking.

"Let's just say I put the First in 'first responder'." He said, chuckling as he scratched at his cheek.

Note to self: when handling burning wreckage, do not lose your cool and start throwing burning beams aside with your bare hands. Bad for your health.

Doug didn't know much about the man before him, so he just assumed the cringe meant he was not into other men. Fair enough, Doug had only been having fun anyway.

"No prob. And sure am! Been in the Army for half a year now." He said, before grinning wide. "I just crashed the reception!"

Shameless!

"... Kinda! I actually was chaperonin' my lil bud at his mom's request. But I was technically crashin'." He said insistently.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 7:07:19 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

Bug type.. Razz ended up repeating in his head a few times to keep it to memory and mad another note to write it down. A little thing he's been doing regularly after his little memory issue. As the other showed off his hands and arms it was nice to know that chryssa seemed to have someone dependable help her out. "Miss Glasgow is lucky you were there then, didn't think many younger people would put themselves in such danger for another, next time you might want to try some pokemon to avoid hurting yourself," the ranger makes the blunt comment. It wasn't meant to sound as if he were being a smart aleck but being the gosh darn great people person he was it may have. The ranger just had some concerns. [break][break]

"Chaperoning?" he can't help but question, "There were random kids there?" the rookie questioned. It seemed like one thing for kids to be accompanying their parents but another for a kid to be there on his own. As far as he ways aware kids weren't permitted to be rangers. He seemed more concerned over that rather than the other 'crashing' the party. [break][break]

With a flash of light Razz looked back over to their pokemon. Drifting over to him was Cobalt driving along as if they were some car as Salem was pretending to play the 'driver' right on top. A small chuckle escapes him as Razz gives probably the first smile since the two have started this job. "You guys all done I take it?"

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 16:05:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug immediately cracked up at Razz's blunt words, laughing hard at the very direct, but certainly good advice.

"I'll certainly keep that one in mind!" He said between chuckles, swiping a finger under his eye- and hissing in the process, waving his hand. "Haha! I like to think I keep m'cool most o'the time, but back then, I immediately lost it. Gotta work on that."

He had not been thinking straight when trying to save her- and that was something he needed to solve quickly; that was the one thing he could not afford to fail.

That aside... Doug snickered at Razz's next words, winking.

"Oi, ain't just a random kid, I assure ya! He actually got invited! Think someone up there in the Rangers has an eye on'im. Can't blame 'em. Kid's brilliant." He said, both looking and sounding proud. "... I was definitely crashin' uninvited, though. His mom needed someone to chaperone 'im and I'm always up for wearin' a nice suit."

Their chatter was interrupted by the arrival of Razz's pokemon, his own Beedrill following close behind, moving around the duo to reach the bugcatcher.

He looked around the bug, noting the beachside had been emptied of balloon whales, and grinned.

"Yup! Seems like we're done'ere." Said Doug, throwing his hands behind his head and barely even grunting. He glanced down at his stomach for a second, before closing his eyes and pursing his lips, seemingly in thought.

"Hnn... Yup, We can wrap things up! I'm hungry though, and it's my first time in Dewford. No better time to try the local cuisine!" He said, grinning as he turned his gaze towards Razz. "Wanna come along?"

A WHALE OF A PROBLEM
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2021 10:31:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wiing"]

At the laughing Razz seems confused. He can't help but tilt his head at the other as he tries to ponder on what it was he said was funny. Maybe it was one of those gotta laugh at serious situations? Maybe... or something... Someday he'll get better at communicating with others. Today he'll just wave it off. [break][break]

"..." Razz repeats to try and recall the name for a later time. If a ranger has an eye on them maybe they were someone good? I recalls a time back with Lance where he mentioned being recruited before. Though he doubted young enough that they needed a 'chaperone' would ever be brought in. "Well least you didn't get in trouble for it, though I doubt they would have done anything, most of the sootopolis city rangers are.... mellow," he would know they were the ones who hired him. [break][break]

At the mention of lunch Razz does return his pokemon as he sends over a message to his bosses that they were done with their work. For a moment he thinks about just turning it down. He wasn't a people person, but time and time again he's been told to try and be more sociable. "Uhhhh sure, I think I've only been here once before though...," and that definitely wasn't for the sights. "so I wouldn't know whats here"

[break][break]

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Batter up [M/Razz]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 7:10:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: