trial and error [o/s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trial and error [o/s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 4:46:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jun"]jun was not aware. he nods regardless, taking in the information offered him. he'll have to work closely with the two head scientists, that much he's sure of, and despite being unfamiliar with either of their fields, he still finds some level of comfort.

what he does know, he'll offer. and what he doesn't know, he'll learn.

"twenty. two years. i misspoke earlier when i said i'm currently doing my thesis at slateport. the thesis is written and done, all that's left is the presentation, and then i'm done."

"i was offered a fellowship to stay at the university. still deciding if i should, and if i do, i've yet to decide on what to focus my research on."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.jun] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .jun b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .jun .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .jun .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jun .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jun .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
trial and error [o/s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 5:20:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@jun
SOCIAL

They would find themselves in the orb's makeshift room. There was a low hum of the machines, and the air felt sort of strange. Smelled strange, even. There would not seem to be any other adverse effect.

She bared only a high-school diploma and even that had not been properly earned—she’d changed all of her grades to pass each year.

Instead of diving in, Lulu found herself, oddly enough, attempting to impart words of unsolicited wisdom.

“Formal education isn’t everything. You can learn plenty on your own if you have access to the right information.” And if you had the key to most locks like she did, all of it was attainable via one means or another. “The most essential thing is to keep grasping for more, always. To have the self-discipline to progress on your own. It’s what makes a good scientist.”

Her eyes looked to his again. “If you want to be worth a damn, really make a difference, you’re going to have to push past the boundaries of what your yellow-bellied would-be colleagues are comfortable with.”

“But, do what you want to do, of course.”

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trial and error [o/s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 14:12:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jun"]"that's why i'm here."

words of wisdom are met with genuine gratitude—something that doesn't always resonate for jun.

"i'll learn what i can from you. if you'll have me, of course."

not lingering on the topic, he shifts his gaze up to the orb, to the space in the room, and he takes in the environment with almost wide-eyed wonder.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.jun] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .jun b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .jun .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .jun .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jun .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jun .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,411 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
trial and error [o/s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 19:30:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@jun
SOCIAL

She smirked at him. “Of course you are.”

The pen in her left hand tapped twice on the clipboard, levered over the fulcrum of her index finger. Then, after a moment of what seemed to be further consideration,

“Alright. Welcome aboard, Jun.”

With that, she turned and took a few steps around the orb, running a hand over one of the plates. “The purpose of this design is universal energy conversion. Not mechanical like you’re used to seeing, though.” The plates were partially translucent, and up close, small battery-like objects with wires could be seen suspended in whatever hard, resilient material they were made of. “The goal is to be able to convert any type of pokemon-produced energy into electricity for basic power through various redox reactions taking place inside the plates.” She stopped circling, looking back at him again. “The technology is not quite there yet.”

Scientists had been tirelessly testing chemical reactions in another laboratory, under Lulu's fierce pressure and scrutiny.

“Right now, we’re sticking with what we know, until we can get the structure right and stable enough.” Enough. “Then it’s on to the fun parts.” Her eyes flashed.

Time to blow up the lab.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
trial and error [o/s]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 6:36:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: