6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 17:56:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"are you at verdanturf now?" kyle inquires at the phone.

on the other line was fernando, who had wanted to see kyle and his silvally, perhaps to compare his to. referring him to the people closer to his position, such as the other councilman, the head ranger and his adopted sister, did not work, and so he was stuck with this role.

on his front lawn sat his silvally, living its domesticated life as it naps on the grass. kyle sits on a chair by his patio overlooking the toy littered lawn, reading copies of reports from the three-day war as he talks on his phone.

"the doggies are on a walk right now so there's no distractions for my silvally," he continues.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 7:06:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

Fernando leers at the dial of his smart watch. It sits firmly on the underside of his wrist, requiring him to turn his palm upward to tell the time. Slightly underneath the leather is the floral bindings of his Comfey that he wears when out on ‘safe’ tours. It seems at home being worn as an accessory, able to enjoy some time in the fresh Verdanturf outdoors as opposed to the cramp innards of its Pokeball.

It’s a comfort his Pokemon aren’t afforded often. His Legendaries are the exception to the rule; something so mystifying and distinct deserves apt treatment. Likewise, his Silvally keeps at pace beside him. Unlike Kyle, Fernando’s rehabilitated the Beast Killer with enough domestic abuse to twist its Stockholm Syndrome into obedience.

Are they that distracting,” Fernando speaks into the watch, coming up onto his front yard.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2021 19:14:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when he sees fernando up his yard, kyle hangs up from the call and rolls the reports into a tube, keeping it firmly in place with a band. he waves his hand slightly to get his attention before letting it fall immediately.

"they'll probably bark at you a lot," kyle tells fernando bluntly. "that's distracting enough so he can't hear my commands, i think."

he stands up and stretches, with his silvally shifting its head upwards to look at his trainer. it follows its eyes at fernando, and then to his silvally. it tries to back away, though kyle blocks its backpedaling with a foot behind its hind legs.

"anyways, have you tried experimenting with the disks yet?" he asked fernando, trying to break the ice. "i tried giving mine music cds but it just doesn't work as i intended it to be."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 3:32:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Anyone or just me?

There’s a bit of quirk behind that line but Fernando means well with a brief smile and good intentions. A little ‘joke’ here and there between them helps cement the fact that he accepts Kyle and his casualness, a trait not often seen between his other colleagues. Perhaps that’s why Kyle still remains while others end up being fired, retiring, or just disappearing altogether.

Indeed. It was a pain in the ass to acquire most of them.” Not because of their cost or rarity. Most of the issues came from coercing the seller to part with them in the first place. “You’d be surprise how badly some people want to keep these despite not knowing what they do.

He snaps his finger as if to demonstrate. When nothing happens, Fernando frowns, reverting to vocal commands.

Battle routine alter.

The Silvally perks up, jaws parted, crouched on its forelegs.

Water.

The transformation is subtle and dull. Only the fin and its head spikes show any change, shifting into a deep sea blue.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 18:56:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's a faint smile that appears when he finds out that even fernando finds difficulty in acquiring megalopolan technology. he wonders if he should reveal that he already got thee entire set, though he'd probably save it for later when it's the most convenient.

"guess i'm lucky with the ones i got," kyle teases.

his silvally gets up when fernando commands his own, curious to the sudden movement of its brethren.

"ooh, it has its own command? that's pretty neat." there's no sarcasm in his tone, though it's unclear whether there's intent to be so or not given that it's kyle. "have you tried to get it to use the move i said yet?"

he whistles and his silvally walks up to kyle. "multi-attack." the silvally glows in a bright aura. it looks for a target to expend it on, but kyle holds it in place by placing his hand on its beak.

"that's without a memory."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 19:45:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It's not well adjusted enough to do so on it's own." Between the memories he does have, designating his Silvally to pick the best one for the occasion would more than likely lead it to decision paralysis than acting at all. Hence the more outlined series of commands created specifically for its form change. It's not in-depth by any means but the fact that Kyle recognizes it goes to show the nuance behind tailoring his battle routine.

"Ah. Well, kind of."

The bulk of his Silvally's training has been handled by everyone but Fernando. Between that and its frequent visits to 's laboratory, Fernando has had little to no chance of following up on Kyle's suggestion. Even so, Fernando feels confident that they can strum something up. When confronted with its peer, the theory is that mimicking it should be relatively easy as opposed to coming up with the technique by itself.

"MULTI-ATTACK."

Fernando's Silvally erupts with energy. Unlike Kyle, he doesn't restrain it, allowing it to expel the energy in a blast of water above, rising several meters before imploding into a shower of raindrops.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2021 17:43:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the water-type variant wasn't something he has seen yet. he stares at the explosion of energy as water from the blast comes raining back down on them.

"that's first try?" kyle asks as he returns from marveling the move to fernando. "what's the problem, then? your silvally more of a visual learner?"

all of the type:null have the ability to perform the move, as per the notes from cotillard. it's a built-in feature for when they lose their limiters, supposedly, being described in the same chapter as the drives were.

for fernando not to know such prompts kyle to wonder.

"when you got this pokemon, did it come with, uh, notes of some kind?" he suddenly asks.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 21:35:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hardly.” Fernando almost scoffs at the accusation but pines on his source of dissatisfaction instead. “It’s lacking compared to when it went berserk. Back then, the attack had more power behind it.

The obvious hypothesis is that the beast still had a spurt of excess energy after breaking off its limiter but that’s just a theory with no proven backing behind it. And, with the lack of Type:Nulls still here, there’s nothing to test against. Just a washed up assumption.

Notes? Oh? Did you grab some from the lab?” Fernando quirks an eyebrow, judging. Kyle had mentioned acquiring the Type:Null but nothing else. Typical. “The old owner didn’t include anything else when I bought it.

He pauses.

Give me a copy of your notes.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 4:58:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"of course i'd take them if i see them," kyle retorts. "you think i'm the type to just take any unknown pokemon without the means of knowing what they do?"

the answer was yes, evidenced by the fact that he only took the cosmog because he thought it was some kind of rare pokemon that naturally exist in the wild of some far-flung region.

kyle steps into his house, before doing a doubletake, turning back to fernando to give one last note. "give me a sec. have fun with robin for a while." he leaves soon after.

the silvally remains with the company of strangers. suddenly, it seizes up, clearly nervous with its predicament of dealing with people it doesn't know.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 5:11:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Yes.

Fernando answers Kyle’s question in his head rather than aloud for obvious reasons. How alike he considers the two of them borders fiction more than fact but Fernando’s perspective is skewered by their mutual best friendshipness. What trainer wouldn’t?

When Kyle leaves him alone with his Silvally, the scene becomes quite awkward. Robin seizes up. Fernando says nothing because talking to Pokemon is weird. And his Silvally sits there at attention, disciplined enough to not react without a prompt when outside of their usual environment.

Occasionally, he eyes dart between the two beast killers.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 18:05:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle appears with a flash drive shortly after. his arrival brings up the spirits of his silvally, who quickly turns around to meet its trainer. the fin tail wags softly until kyle hands over the copy to fernando.

"i think this thing explains mostly what they're designed to do," kyle explains. "majority of it covers the pre-evo, but everything should still be applicable for them."

the only thing that wasn't included were instructions to make more of them. he's certain fernando has resources for an army of them, but it's not something he'd give without compensation. he can ask the other silvally owners for it if he wants, he supposed.

all of a sudden, he remembers something. his hand digs to his pocket and takes out a folded piece of paper with a list on it.

"oh yeah, silvally share identical dna's so i thought yours might like these." should fernando take a glance on it, he'd find a list of food and flavors.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 2:39:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Much appreciated.

Fernando accepts the gift like liquid gold, careful in how he handles the delicate instrument, pocketing it for later. “I’m sure this will fill in some of the gaps I’ve been missing. I’d be curious to see how thorough Megalopolan documentation is.” With the way described the circumstance, Colliard has impossible shoes to fill.

The surprise bonus is met with a quirked eyebrow. Fernando accepts it, briefly looking it over, before turning his gaze back to Robin. “How’d you figure this out? Trail and error?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 5:38:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kinda," he answers. "there's a part on the document that explains their diet, so i just tried things similar to it-- those that you can actually get in groceries. turns out some of them are things that my silvally can get addicted to."

the ones specified on the document were a specialized diet or something a regular person couldn't afford. kyle's not beyond going against the 'recommendation' as long as it's reasonable enough

"oh yeah, i got another thing for you."

kyle briefly goes inside and takes a silvally memory that lie on a table by the door, returning outside to hand it to fernando. his grip doesn't let go of it until he hears a reply from the councilman.

"you told me you had difficulty in finding these, right? you already know what i want for this, right?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 6:23:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hm. Addiction is no joke. I’ll keep that in mind though.” He folds the paper neatly before tucking it into his breast pocket. “I’ll be sure to let you know how it matches up with my Silvally’s current diet. So far, we’ve been more experimental, cycling through known diets and seeing what sticks.

His eyes light up at the sight of the memory disc. Fernando considers reaching out for it but proves reluctant. There has to be a catch. And there is.

The last time we went drinking, you nearly passed out.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 17:29:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"no..." he responds sullenly. "i only really drink when i'm invited anyways."

he waves his hand dismissively in front of him as if to shoo the topic away.

"i'm talking about smeargles."

his silvally goes to curl up on the ground, eyes still on fernando. a sense of curiosity that the other silvally cannot freely show with their difference in upbringing makes the two distinguishable despite their similarities.

"rare moves. you have them, right? with all the collection you've been doing, you're bound to have them."

kyle smiles.

"i get to use them to make hoenn a better place, and you get your silvally memory. win-win, am i right?"