6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 16:05:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as the smeargle copy moves off of each other, fernando's note about a specific move gets kyle curious. the name itself was something he could have taken from legends, but he had no idea how much impact it would have had.

"just like shadow force, then."

it's the only other move he finds comparable. while the rest of the other moves bring devastating effects even if it's used by a smeargle, only that move brings effects that differ from conventional pokemon moves.

"it's similar to phantom force, but not really? i can't explain it, but i guess you can go with your pokemon once your smeargle has access to it."

it just doesn't give one an ability to phase through objects, he can say that at least, but it's easier for fernando to experience it than trying to put it into words.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:37:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“SHADOW FORCE?

Like the mere mortal he is, Fernando has no knowledge about something he has no reason for knowing. He’s much too busy to spend time reading random articles on wikipedia that coincidentally pertain to a subject that may be useful in a one in one billion chance. And even then, something of this nature is unlikely to be recorded. Or, at least, it should be.

Interesting. Go where?

And, as a proper functioning adult, Fernando knows better than to open rifts to other dimensions. Not without proper preparation, and not without a crew of reliable, responsive partners.

To no surprise, Fernando’s taken off guard by the moves Kyle provide. DARK VOID and SHADOW FORCE are among the most impressive. STEAM ERUPTION? Not so much. But apparently it’s good enough to be the only move a Pokemon knows.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:00:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"to a place without proper physics, i guess," kyle describes concisely.

he's only been at the place for short periods of time. there's not much light to see what happens inside either. staying in it unsettles him, and it's not like his smeargle can keep it open for long.

"it's not like ultra space, i can tell you that much, that it's like it's own pocket dimension-- you know, like on those sci-fi movies? y-yeah, just like that!"

he thanks common plot themes in pop culture so it's at least easier to describe.

"oh, and don't stay long too much in it. that place is... sus."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 7:25:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]That description could be a lot of places. The world is infinite and the concepts they’ve yet to understand are as daunting as the world he describes. However, certain clues point out the obvious.

Mostly dark, almost purple in color, and the waterfalls go up?

Fernando is curt with his description because he’s fairly confident he knows what he’s talking about. He’s been there, once, but the memory is as vivid as ’s perfume.

Hauntingly so.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 8:16:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"k-kinda."

kyle confirms fernando's suspicions with surprise in his tone. worry then turns to curiosity, where he decides to pry further. it wasn't like it would hurt to ask anyways.

"have you been in that place before?" he asks, uncertain of how to proceed.

he subconsciously adds something else that may make it easier for fernando to share.

"i got this from the pokemon that appeared from the depths of the powerplant during the three day war, so, uh is it relateed to that?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 23:29:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Probably.” Unlike others, Kyle has earned a modicum of trust. Enough so that Fernando finds it more reliable to be forthcoming in exchange for whatever specialized information Kyle somehow gets his hands on.

"We came across a portal deep within Meteor Falls during Adventours. I wouldn’t be surprised if points were connected.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 5:32:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"huh? weird."

he rubs his chin as he tries to recall the events that took place during his own adventours trip. the only relevant thing he could remember was getting a heatran, but connecting events that led to its capture eventually gives him a question to bring up.

"is it right by the altars back then?" he inquires, knowing fernando probably has more knowledge on this subject matter than him. "we found one during adventours too. didn't get the chance to investigate it because the floor got filled up with magma, but..." kyle shrugs.

"any idea what that place is? hopefully not some variant of ultra space."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 6:53:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Altars?

Fernando’s group diverged off the path that led to the Magma Chamber. While they did eventually come across the Heatran, the portion of the cave that housed them were unlike the others.

We took a turn during Adventours that led us down a steep hole. The rest was us finding a way out and escaping.

And from there, only one person proved more knowledgeable.

can probably give you a more solid answer though.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 15:38:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i don't have some kind of hidden camera in my person at that time so i couldn't get a photo of it, but yeah, there was one at the very bottom."

kyle takes note of the person of interest for that matter. kyle is curious, but it's not exactly the kind of knowledge that would prove to be useful any time soon. he puts it at the back of his head, maybe using it as a conversation starter with the newest member of the elite four in the future.

"i'll ask her when i get a chance then."

it ends one topic, but only opens up another one to be explored.

"how about this roar of time thing? if it's as volatile as shadow force, then it must've had been from an equally scary legend. where did you get it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 22:03:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]There’s another surprise to be had. Kyle has no recollection of the rift through time and space. Perhaps, not everyone was subjected to it? It’s a curious matter but one Fernando sets aside for another time.

Were you not sucked into Dialga’s distortion after the Three Day War?

It's both a question and an answer. A two for one special.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 1:00:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"n-no?" he repeats.

this is the first time he has heard of it, though the phenomenon is believable enough after the nightmare event that took place years prior. dialga doesn't ring a bell since kyle isn't proficient enough in mythos, but he can always look it up on google later like any other respectable human being with access to internet.

"i don't think i've heard reports about this," he tells fernando. "this is similar to the one thing with the bottle and zombies and elevators, i'm assuming?"

that event had no evidence of happening in the real world since everything else that resulted from it did not apply after it ended. the only thing that remained was recollection of what happened, alongside testimonies of unrelated people experiencing the same exact thing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 3:42:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

Mentioning the Halloween Nightmares draw some good parallels but this one is different. He can’t put his finger on it, his own memory distorted with time, but there is evidence that points toward it happening. If the ROAR OF TIME isn’t sufficient proof then the changes he’s made will serve as testimony.

If only he could find them.

So keep that in mind. Use it rashly and the consequences may be worse than we can imagine.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 1:42:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're talking to me," kyle prefaces. his tone was straight, although it's clear where he's going at with an upper curve at the edge of his lips. "i'm not someone who opens portals for no reason, throws explosions at the enemy without regards to friendly fire, nor someone who uses weapons without practice."

weapons of mass destruction would've been useless when entrusted to him, as he often just uses them as a last resort. opportunities that force his hands are often limited, and as such, they remain as trump cards than tools he can use creatively.

there's also a chance he doesn't get to use it at all, but he likes having options.

"oh, yeah, speaking of adventours, do you know anything about the 'plate club' or something like that? i heard it in passing before."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 7:10:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

CHIMERA

AN AMALGAMATION OF HOENN'S WORST

HE HAS A POINT. But Fernando will not concede his position without protest. “Indeed. However, I have to preface that in the event it does happen.” He pauses with a slight smile. The faintest of chuckles stomachs a reference that makes him want to puke.

At least I can say I told you so.

The change of topic does perk his interest. “I was there,” he confirms with a straighter face than his sexuality. “Several people who found plate shards came together to discuss them and their purpose."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 6:38:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"is this the one that was supposed to happen at a church? i got an invitation too, to be honest. didn't go though."

because it's weird for strangers to send him an invitation. he doesn't even recognize the sender at all.

"so, you mean to tell me you went to a gathering set up by an unknown sender? glad it isn't a trap to be hone- oh, wait, the church exploded afterwards, right?"

he snickers, trying to mean it as a light-hearted joke. part of it is pettiness from fernando being excited about telling kyle 'i told you so' though.

"anyways, did you figure out anything you can't find through the internet?"

kyle hasn't searched for it yet, but only now did he wonders if there had been any other instances of such plates appearing somewhere else. surely, hoenn is not the only hotspot for supernatural occurrences.