part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 16:20:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

CHIMERA

AN AMALGAMATION OF HOENN'S WORST

“IT WAS WORTH IT,” Fernando dismisses with a grimace. “I know who holds the plates even if none of us know what they do.

That in itself is knowledge that only the other plate holders know. Some of them might be common knowledge but to figure out everyone in attendance without being there? Impossible without a thorough investigation.

The question is how much can he derive from it before it becomes public knowledge. Not a lot, probably, but it sets up the ground work for phase two.

Just that is a bitch—which was news at the time, granted.

Fernando says that as a light-hearted joke but in every joke, the rest of the region sees it as the undisputable truth.

Their presence only reaffirms our working theory. Silph Co. geologist have fancied themselves a theory about Hoenn and our abundance of events.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,436 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 11:14:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"how much do you want to bet that this is just one of those things that you wouldn't know until it happens?" he asks fernando in a jovial tone.

there had been multiple cases of events foreshadowing greater calamities on hoenn: a wrong experiment gone bad on mossdeep, the appearance of cotillard on hoenn, legendaries choosing their avatars... there probably were more examples whose end effect hasn't happened yet.

"we're living in a world where no amount of research will tell you what's it for until it happens-- i mean, if this were a sign that is. it happened multiple times already too."

he sees their smeargle finish up. the backyard is reduced to a big mess, though it's not something new on verdanturf. kyle's sure that fernando has seen his household left in a much worse state when he first visited him.

"well, if you do find out, can you at least let me know?" he asks, the tone this time was less casual than before. "i'd rather be, uh, prepared."

the only conclusion they can reach from it is that it spells some kind of inevitable doom given the trend of hoenn's happenings. he'd leave it to the self-proclaimed heroes that would throw themselves into danger with zero thought, but kyle doesn't want the rest of the region to pick up the pieces if something has gone wrong, as what happened from the three-day war.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 21:09:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

CHIMERA

"THAT'S THE THING, LOPEZ." Fernando cuts the benevolent tone of their conversation to switch into the deadpan seriousness that everyone assumes from him, whether they've seen it or not. "The when is up for debate. But we know the why."

His Smeargle comes around the bend and seems a bit MOODIER than before. Heavy dark rings lies underneath its eyes as the Pokemon leans on his leg for support. It yawns before slumping, exhausted from the exertions.

"Hoenn is a hot bed for energy—not just primal either." The implication is spoon fed from a narrative that starts from late 2018. Team Rocket's timing is just coincidence. At least, they don't have the proof to connect them together.

"That's why things keep happening. Why Legendary Pokemon are sprouting up. It's geographical. Ever since Articuno."

And not 's Articuno. This goes before him. To the Winter Ball when it first introduced the world to the concepts of avatars.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,436 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 15:47:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ugh. i miss the simpler times." he blurts out all of a sudden.

his smeargle crawls back to kyle. he picks up the pokemon from the ground and carries it on his arms, letting its legs and tail hang in the air.

"do you think any of the current avatars know why?" he asks, putting the question up in the air.

out of the ones on the roster, very few comes to mind. kyle attributes it to the fact that he never bothered to learn what each of them can do. on hindsight, he knows very little about fernando and tapu fini despite his relationship with him.

"a lot of them have legends that are able to communicate with them. mine certainly doesn't."

he scoffs.

he gives up on pretending that he wasn't one. the legendary responsible for bestowing him the title makes him feel like an outlier from the rest. there was no guidance. there's only trust that he'll make a difference somehow.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 4:43:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

CHIMERA

“NONE OF THEM ARE SMART ENOUGH TO COMPREHEND IT.” Fernando’s bluntness is used to overshadow the innate truth. He uses the shroud of an insult to mask the grave reality of the situation: they either don’t or are hiding it. Realistically, Fernando assumes the former.

Mine does to a degree but it’s questionable at best.

Among those he knows of, Fernando knows none that openly communicate with them. had even been bold enough to ask him further but never followed up. had mentioned being able to feel things about Moltres but nothing explicit or straightforward.

They’re still Pokemon at the end of the day,” he concludes.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,436 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 4:16:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle scratches his head. he has little experience with most of the avatars, but he finds it difficult to take fernando's conclusion with a grain of salt when he's seen what people do on hoenn's dangerous situations.

"i'd ask entei since he's pretty chill, but i don't think he can talk, nor does he care to be honest."

all the pokemon does when it does visit was sleep on his backyard for an afternoon, or check up on kyle for around ten seconds and then leave. nothing of its behavior speaks of gravity of a hypothetical situation.

"oh well. i guess there is no point in fretting over it if we're not getting clues."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
chimera [c]
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 9:34:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

CHIMERA

“INDEED.”

Fernando gives Kyle a curt nod of his head as his Smeargle eventually cozies its way back into its Pokeball. “I’ll keep in touch and update you accordingly.

Today has been more profitable than Fernando could’ve ever imagined. Just because Kyle won’t join him doesn’t mean he can’t have the Champion in his pocket. Their friendship, Fernando already having wormed his way into being Kyle’s best friend, is sure to cement it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
chimera [c]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:20:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: