198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 7:52:01 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
it was cold, as was, to be expected.

fingers swiftly kneaded against the opposite, gathering what had been a fleeting rise of warmth. just outside the indoor city, alex stood waiting on an unlikely day off.

there was a twinkle of excitement in his eyes, or the slightest ounce of uncertainty. not that it was worthy of any potential wrongdoing. fernando-- his older brother, had always been an intimidating figure. worthy of all accomplishments and admiration that was settled on such likely emotions.

chance for encounter or even chance for time was difficult for the both of them. alex could understand that. as distant as the rest had been, in whatever it was that they did, somehow he did not question it. 

a visible breath, slipped by the pale fingers, leaning into the nearest support just aside mauville's one of many entrances. fishing for a session of interrogation was not on his list. just this time, no matter what it brought--

-- was enough.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 21:34:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the cold is his home. no one knows why. some muse that he's just cold blooded, an aftermath of the years of navigating cutthroat transactions and the shitstorm that was kanto. others say it's the raw, heated energy he gives off whenever he goes off on one of his tangents. no one knows why specifically, just that fernando treads the winter air without a care. time frozen in an absolute zero does that to a person. can attest to that himself.

a thin, black jacket it the only thing to shield him from the cold. it's more of a wind breaker if anything. the harshness of the winds is an entire matter altogether and against that, fernando is powerless. the rest of his clothes are pain and reek of business attire. grey fitted slacks with the sleeves of a traditional white button up peak past what his jacket cannot hide. he wears what he always wears, his work uniform.

his arrival is marked by the sound of wind being crushed by the beast that dares fly through the city with the fury of a madman. the salamence serves as his mount and glides against the city streets with impunity. it knows how to travel the city walk ways through experience, never coming too close with any buildings or pedestrians. its mastery of flight comes with fulfilling its life long ambition of flight - a staple dream that all bagons have. the fact that this particular bagon was only able to achieve it under the eldest silph's tutelage makes it loyal, no matter the cost.

its large frame INTIMIDATES anyone that lays eyes on it. it barrels forward from a distance and alex can see it long before it reaches him. the frightening speed of the beast is betrayed by its control. it comes to a complete stop several meters ahead, allowing fernando to dismount without difficulty, a messy tussle of blue hair being his only drawback.

with a sneer, he tries to comb his hair back into place with his fingers, giving up halfway when his brother's within arm's reach. "good afternoon, alex." without resistance, with the same demeanor he's painted himself in for the most neutral of silph's, fernando reaches outward to place his hand on the younger's head, ruffling his head with an affection that's saved between family. "you've been well, i take it?"

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 2:58:53 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
salamence tearing against the current is like a whistle in the change. creeping gusts or the cries which quietly resound through every nook and cranny of a towering willow or blinding skyscraper. 

from the rise of greenery there is a spec of prominence in the dull skies which exerts such a noise. as his lips quiver, watching the descent with slight amazement, he can hardly believe what he is seeing. its been so long, alex thinks, till fernando breaks the distance. 

"its been so long."

the gesture has him smiling. not simply that it is as lighthearted as intended, but, the fact it reminds him of before. of every precious encounter that had held such innocence, as what every sibling should have faced.

unfortunately, that is not the case. 

hateful sisters flash into his mind. just like fernando, he had not the chance to see them either. out of everything, hope rested solely on their well--being. 

"of course, i've just missed my older brother." he adds, still beaming, "how is work treating you? has anything interesting happened?" curiosity is likely for a time meant upon catching up.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 6:22:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"the feelings mutual," he answers with quiet sigh. the next question comes naturally as does his answer. "things are okay, for now. times like these are tense and transitioning power has always been a sensitive subject." he gives his brother an affectionate pat on the back as he turns away from the city.

"times like these makes me glad you have the option to stay out of family matters. you should live your life how you want it and enjoy what you do." which means out of his way and with no possibility of coming back and biting him in the ass. all this good faith bullshit is just another way for fernando to coax the innocent silph into falling into his plans. and prove enough hassle as is. if he can ensure that alex stay neutral and therefore out of the equation, fernando's plan will become infinitely easier, as opposed to the alternative.

"how're things with you?"

he doesn't mention it specifically because he doesn't know where to start.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 6:50:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / stamina[break]
high horsepower / mega kick / bide / iron defense
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GLOOM APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / chlorophyll[break]
moonlight / giga drain / toxic / petal blizzard
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 6:16:04 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
"right," he says, it lacks the previous fervor for their encounter, it is soft and concerned. alex knows that he has been far to sheltered to have hit a skirmish with the rise of rocket. vagueness in their lives was not solely based on these villains. 

he can only begin to imagine the issues fernando has to deal with. perhaps, it is that itself, which leaves him wondering in a light sorrow. 

"life is, normal, different from how it was before. sometimes i miss it." wavering eyes glimpse towards the shifting brother, eventually spanning opposite to the city itself. massing together every spec of beauty in what the route had to offer them.

"alright, tough guy," alex jokes, drawing closer to nudge fernando in the rib-cage. "you and our sisters, you've always kept to yourselves." lips curl upwards into a prominent smirk, "no matter what you all do, i'll always be here to support you." facing the scenery, another thought became reality. 

"all of you-- are the only family i have."

sudden commotion broke from the unruly sidelines of thick and never--ending forest. it captured what purity was held in his intentions, tearing the conversation elsewhere with a stumbling pony and bitter plant.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 6:19:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"sometimes?"

fernando delves no deeper into the meaning. there's no use in prying onto his brother's feelings. instead, he opts for what little time they have right now. the road towards the desert is fraught with surprises. like the sudden feeling of alex digging his elbow into his sides. fernando can't help but let out a silent "oof", rubbing his side as they shuffle onward.

"i'm glad to hear that. i'd offer to rope you in," fernando pauses. "but it's not a pretty situation to be in. as for the girls, they've always avoided me." there's a soft laughter to that statement and the one that follows.

"girls."

two pokemon break into the clearing and fernando's attention diverts to the possible threats. for now they remain at bay and fernando doesn't raise a finger. not in front of alex. unless, of course, the gentler silph decides to take action.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2018 5:03:22 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
mention for the amiss of their distant, yet, only family, left alex turning from the outburst. his blue eyes, looked towards fernando, wavering in nostalgia for something he couldn't quite understand.

and encroached his mind in that regard. there was something else at the very edge, the outline of a distant figure. 

an angel it was, in the sliver of all that had led them to where they now were. when he stressed upon exposure, it only strained the comfort and left him constantly wondering. who was it, that was missing?

"have you seen them at all?" alex finally asks, the wistful display merely fleeting. "our sisters, i mean," it must be so, or at least, he is hoping that it has been. "...i'm worried, well, about evelyn. it's almost like she disappeared." when the concern is brought forth, it only torments him more. 

"you don't think she--" pain interrupts him.

a sharp blow to his leg, the figure stumbles backwards and into the ground. he cradles the throbbing essence with teary eyes, facing a timid looking mudbray. whatever bitter clash it had been running from, it had done so with one mighty slam. 

few lengths away, it would seem a deadly petal blizzard was starting itself in their direction. the source? an outraged gloom. the reason? none would truly know.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2018 21:30:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PHANPY APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / pickup[break]
take down / charm / rollout / knock off
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NIDORINA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / poison point[break]
toxic spikes / crunch / poison fang / double kick
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 9:44:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando softens at his brother's expression. awkward, he looks away, unsure of how to answer without going in-depth. to what extent alex should know about evelyn is still something fernando's uncertain about. as for bronwen - fernando has little care for the rash brat. "i've seen bronwen and evelyn but only for a moment. not enough to sit down and talk to them." he pauses. "not like this."

the impact of the mudbray brings fernando to startling attention. although the pokemon's intention had been far from malicious, the slight against his brother is not one that can be overlooked. his priority is to tend to alex and he does do by steadying the boy's grip. one arm reaches for him and picks him up, the other readies a pokeball. a swift response is made late only due to fernando's self imposed restraint. in front of alex, he has to keep up his front - the perfect older brother.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2019 0:58:45 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
just as sudden as the panicked mudbray, the opposing company brings him up. alex is steadied by the help of his brother, and offers a smile of appreciation, however, the expression is short—lived in the advance of a still irritable pokemon. 

"jasp!" he calls, releasing his friend in a burst. the hovering variant of raichu studies the swarm of frighteningly sharp leaves before charging. static grows into bolts, the golden shade erupting into a powerful thunderbolt. it hits the gloom, severing harm as the clash above the earth fades in its rise of dust. 

the pony interrupts the serious nature of jasp with a harmless tackle of relief. "you're okay now, don't worry! if the gloom bothers you again, you can always come looking for us!" the sound in its distinct call is a much merrier tone than before. 

figures just as meager draw near. alex is surprised by the bold nature, as the wild is usually so timid and unlikely to approach anyone. "don't tell me—" blinking onward at the nidorina and phanpy; jasp is the voice that reaches them more clearly. 

"someday," he says, taking a glimpse towards his brother, "all of us will be together again." still doubting the current state of his other siblings, shrouded by a mysterious lifestyle.

at least the mention has him slightly eased. 

+ capture on nidorina!

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 13:48:44 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NOSEPASS APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / magnet pull[break]
zap cannon / lock-on / earth power / sandstorm
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD VILEPLUME APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / chlorophyll[break]
petal dance / poison powder / acid / growth
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 9:26:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
how fortunate. fernando watches with a fulfilling sense of accomplishment as alex makes short work of the imposing gloom. the ease at which his brother can handle a wild pokemon bodes well for his capacity as a trainer. in this regard, fernando has little to worry about. and, even then, if there was an issue that's not something a few pokeballs between a change of hands can't fix.

"someday."

fernando repeats the word with a solemn sense of knowing. alex is hoping for the impossible and fernando can never let the boy know that he's actively conspiring against such a lofty goal. the silphs can never be whole because they're not ready for it yet. they're each pieces of his elaborate chess board but they belong to neither player. they're outside factors that they have to navigate between with care.

's disappearance is one thing and she proves to be a wench in his plans.

the static rip of a ZAP CANNON bring fernando to full attention. he knows the move well, one of the few who boasts a fleet of electric artillery. the attack flies by harmlessly and strikes the mudbray from earlier. the pokemon has no chance, not when the nosepass has a solid LOCK-ON to its target. thankfully, the pokemon seems unharmed as the electricity discharges back into the ground.

"take care of this."

a magneton stands in fernando's stead. the MAGNET PULL between the two pokemon make it impossible for the other to flee. they're attracted to each other. however, the FLASH CANNON the magneton dispatches makes short work of the nosepass' rough exterior. the pokemon's out for the count, knocked out after a series of repeated blasts.

fernando cleans up after himself; it only costs him a pokeball.

++NOSEPASS

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 2:29:39 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
again — the wild comes like an unwelcome swarm. 

mudbray stumbles into nidorina, alex inclined to catch the pokemon mid—way before its eventual fall. watching the companion of his brother deal with the nearby hostility, is as easy as it is to blink.

the pair are in sync with what is required. rather, fernando pays no mind in giving constant orders and leaves alex fascinated. when he knows mudbray is just the slightest frazzled by the attack, he turns towards his brother with an equally enthralled raichu close by. 

"you harmonize really well with your pokemon," alex starts, beaming genuine adoration for the older of the bunch, "i guess i never really noticed since we've all been so busy!" placing nidorina back onto the ground, the hovering jasp lets out a few challenging cries in regards to the other. 

"we should battle, someday," pausing, the violet eyes pass a glance towards the alolan variant, still bound by the same gentle smile, "i know jasp really wants too." as if to confirm, his pokemon lets out another friendly cry. lingering closer to the magneton with curious intent. just as quickly — his mind wanders elsewhere. 

"are you sure everything is okay?" he presses, although his persistence for answers remains innocent. alex may trust fernando, yet, he cannot help but worry. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
remembrance (duo/w)
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 5:34:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"it comes with time and patience."

fernando makes no mention of the grueling regiment he puts them under. it's the same standards he holds himself accountable for, ones that go unsaid when measuring the structure of the heir of silph co. they only see him for the bravado he carries but not the defeats he over comes. it's a life style he could never wish upon alex so he purposefully downplays his sacrifices.

those willing to give up the world are the ones who find themselves pillaging it.

"that would be nice. someday." the word seems rooted between them. their moments are far and few between, rare fragments of luck that allow their schedules to coincide. things start to settle again and the environment seems peaceful. fernando knows it's anything but. peace never lasts. there's always bound to be more - something that seeks to ruin the tranquility of their stroll.

he continues on, the magneton nonreactive.

"you worry too much but i'm glad to know you care about me, alex."