Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 21:40:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

STUDYING MEGA STONE FOR POWER

If there was one thing Rocket was good at, it was rock-related shenanigans. It was in the name, even.

The particular rock in question today was one under the proud ownership of Beast Oscar Clayton, who intended to smash it to bits and drain it of its power—as was the Rocket way.

Lulu sat in a chair, elbow resting on the edge of a long control panel. Her pale face was alit by the blue glow of numerous screens. Fingers drummed lightly on a cardboard coffee cup as she waited.

Clayton had been the first to put his faith in her in the form of a large sum of money—pre-promotion. He was likely a large reason for her promotion, even. Clayton was as much Lulu’s personal employer as Walsh.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 22:33:00 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As he entered the lab, Oscar couldn't help but let out an impressed whistle. Walsh really hooked up Rocket's latest head scientist, this place looked straight out of a sci-fi movie. Oscar kicked the double doors close behind him, holding a small metal case close to his chest. He strode past the various machines and electronics he couldn't begin to comprehend, ignoring the assistants that manned them. The assistants glanced at Oscar but made efforts not to let their glances linger. The less they had to do with a Rocket Beast the better.

Oscar had to sorta guess where Lulu was, the lab was huge but he'd wander for eternity than ask for directions. Luckily, despite its size, the lab was relatively straight forward and Oscar was easily able to locate his target. Upon recognizing Lulu (or at least the back of her head) Oscar raised his arms. "Hello again Miss Lulu, I bring a gift."

Oscar walked up to the console and gently placed his metal case near one of Lulu's elbows. He tapped the top as he observed the control panel, pondering if this was the machine they would use for their experiments. Of course, he didn't have to ponder--he could just ask. "Congratulations on your promotion, I'd love to grill you about it but that could probably wait until after our science project. Where to?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 6:36:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The resonant sound of his shoes coming down through main steel hall, alit with screens and holograms, and the glow of tanks, summoned a turn of the scientist’s head. She eyed him up. Lean, sharp, slick.

“Clayton.”

She gave an acknowledging nod, her attention then almost immediately falling to the box in his hand. Without being told, she knew it was for her. Slender fingers took it and exposed its contents. It was as though his congratulations didn’t pass her ears. She had blinders on already. All business.

“This’ll do it.”

The woman pushed up from the control panel, respectfully moving past Oscar a couple of steps to wave down a passing duo of lab assistants. “Endo,” addressing the senior of the two, “Bring me an Ampharos, a Claydol, and whichever unfortunate asshole I'm dealing with today.” There was no 'please.' Lulu wasn’t a woman of many niceties. The two went off with more of a hustle in their step.

She took the last sip of her coffee and tossed it into a trashcan which was well-hidden by design. A hand then waved over her shoulder for him to follow. “Come with me.”

They would walk around the expansive panel and towards a clear-windowed chamber. The glass door would hiss and slide open at the recognition of her face and the intent of her steps.

On the other side of the door were two units facing each other, meant to restrain: one for a human, and one for a pokemon. Attached to the one meant for the human was a welded down mega ring. A hand reached into her pocket, and with a deft flick of the wrist, a Bronzong was released and hung in front of them.

“I watched explode a mega stone by attacking it while it was activating, with a Ditto as Claydol, using the psychic-type move TRICK. So, I figured we’d start here and see how it goes.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 22:11:02 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar marveled at the suddenly disappearing coffee cup, straining his eyes as he tried to discover where it had went. "What the f-" Before he could sooth his curiosity, Lulu was off. Oscar quickly turned, re-shutting the box as he followed. This was what he liked most about Lulu, always straight to business. 

Oscar tried not to gawk too much as they passed through the lab, but the damn place was just so interesting. Every corner had something weird going on, like-what were those assistants doing to that slaking? Was that a magikarp farm? This place was nuts! Eventually they had to leave the lab behind, entering a chamber with a series of restraints. The air was foreboding as Oscar heard Lulu's tale, a feeling that injected him with excitement.

"That's amazing, to think you could make such a breakthrough by happenstance." Oscar opened the case, gently removing the megastone as he approached the welded in ring. He admired the crystal ball for a moment before placing it within its receptacle. It fit perfectly. Oscar let out a satisfied sigh, just in time for the doors to open.

The assistants from before entered with a bit of commotion, hauling a young man in ratty clothes. He cursed up a storm as he struggled within their grasp, "Fucking get off you freaks! I know my rights this is fucking illegal! Do you hear me shits for brains? Illegal!" Oscar cackled as the approached, "Oh he's perfect, where'd you dig him up?"

The assistants roughly shoved the 'volunteer' into his restraints, forcing his hand through the welded ring. "Mother fuckers! When my boss hears about this you're all fucking dead!" Oscar gently patted him on the head, "He's adorable, but what of the--" The out of breath assistants opened a pokeball, releasing an ampharos directly into its restraints. Shortly after, the Bronzong took its place between the two subjects. Oscar clapped his hands together, "Fuck yeah, let's get this show on the road!" He quickly got out of the way, waiting near Lulu as their experiment was conducted.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 3:08:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Trained, unaffected. Lulu had always been cold. She’d been born high up on the food chain, and despite those that aimed to treat her like prey, she wore the disposition of a ruthless predator. Rooting herself in two dangerous crime syndicates had lent her the ability to completely turn off all ethics, morals, and sense of humanity. She hated it about herself. Years reflecting in prison had brought her to that conclusion, but she would not deny the ruthlessness which had taken up residence in her core. It had been the perfect environment, after all.

Of all the things in the world she was capable of, change was not one of them. At least, not in her mind. Regrets and self-disappointments were reserved to moments of insomnia in the privacy of her bed, not acted on. Too many to act on; to fix; to shift. She was a monster.

And the man in the chair snarled at her, straining all he could at the straps which held him down. Her eyes stared at him from another plane of existence; one of importance. She was on the other side of the fishbowl. It was as though he wasn’t saying anything at all, which was infuriating for him.

Luckily for this man, Lulu would get hers. It would be only by the true nature of this dog-eat-dog world that in less than forty-eight hours, she would be on the receiving end of her own share of torture by one named .

Never mind that now, though. Today, she was flexing her own power.

She opted not to interact with the prisoner, mostly, choosing not to wear her own brutal lack of empathy on her sleeve so much. For now, Lulu remained as self-aware as ever and utterly in control. “I try not to look into origin stories.” she answered plainly and then stepped away to assess everything.

“All ready, then.” She looked at Oscar. “To the controls?”

The scientist would lead them out, and the chamber would close behind them.

Back before the panel and a wide, one-way window which exposed the scene to them, she sat and her fingers went to work across some key-like sensors. The room darkened. “I’ve done my best to recreate the conditions of that night, down to even the humidity level.”

There were bright electric shocks from the Ampharos, whose fear was only building. Flashes of yellow filled the room like a strobe between the dark. The vibe of the Rocket laboratory was rendered even more menacing than usual.

She spoke through a microphone in the panel. “Bronzong: PSYWAVE on the Ampharos.”

It was out of the blue, but the Bronzong obliged by launching a deep pink and purple energy towards its trapped foe. There was a loud cry which rang through the glass as it made contact.

In desperation, the Ampharos connected with the trembling man across from it and the stone he was strapped to. Its roar growing fierce, it took on a bright light. The room was blinding, and Lulu squinted to see what was happening.

“BRONZONG, PSYWAVE, ON THE STONE, NOW.” Her voice rumbled loudly over the speaker in the chamber, over the prisoner's hollering and other commotion.

But it was a moment too late. The light faded, right before the pink energy went to hit its target—and the man attached to it. The unfortunate prisoner let out his own scream of pain.

Shit. Lulu sighed frustratedly.

The Mega Ampharos heaved, adrenaline rushing. It launched a flury of attacks onto the Bronzong, which fought back while it waited on further instruction. In the end, the Ampharos was at a disadvantage, hindered by its restraints. Caught between the chaos, the prisoner was losing his mind as well.

PSYWAVE UNTIL IT'S DONE.”

Round two started with the Ampharos going unconscious. An assistant stood by, ready to remove it for revival and healing from injury and exhaustion, and then bring it back—so it could relive its torture, over and over, until the experiment was complete, or it was dead.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 20:57:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The experiment was explosive to say the least. Oscar watched intently at the events that unfolded, only hardening his placid expression as the mega evolution proved successful. The man's screams were concerning, only because Oscar was worried their test subject wouldn't survive the first trial. He can't imagine they had an unlimited supply of gang rejects to strap in, so this one needed to last for as long as possible.

When the trial ended, the assistants rushed in to heal the ampharos. Oscar leaned toward the intercom, speaking into it to the assistants. "What is the status of the human subject?" The assistants took a moment to check on the gang member. From Oscar's perspective he was still breathing, but what was important was whether or not he was conscious.

The assistants came back to the control room, noting that the human subject was stable but moderately traumatized. Oscar nodded his head and looked to Lulu, "Right then, let's try again shall we?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 0:08:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

After a crippling amount of psychic energy stole its consciousness, the Ampharos lied in its restraints, dead weight. The assistants ran in, briefly removing it to revive it in a nearby lab.

While they awaited the return of their test subject, Lulu regarded Oscar’s concern with little more than a glance. “He’ll be fine.” She wasn’t 100% positive, but fairly sure. Might come out a little different, but hey. Sacrifices for the advancement of humanity, right? What a hero. Taking one for the team.

When everything was situated again, they were staring at the same scenario, only the faces on all involved were considerably more distraught.
Lulu spoke smoothly into the mic. “Bronzong. I need you to time this right, this time. Hit that mega stone as soon as the Ampharos is evolving.”

The pokemon let out a robotic groan and bobbed as though understanding.

“Alright, then. PSYWAVE. Same as last time.”

The same routine was carried out, only this time, it worked. The mega stone exploded dramatically into several shards, scattered around the chair.

The bright light it emitted died, and the Ampharos did not evolve. All violent energy in the room dissipated within moments, leaving behind only trauma in its wake.

Lulu smirked, pleased with having accomplished the task in two tries. “There we are.”

The test subjects were removed, and she pulled her chair up closer to the panel. Fingers went up to navigate a touch-screen hologram, which displayed a variety of meters gauging strengths of energy currents in the room, as well as visuals of their structural movements that would either look familiar or foreign. What was displayed was only what was going on in the chamber at that moment, but she would retrieve history of the past several minutes.

Lulu selected something, and then turned to an assistant. “I’ve just printed a reading. Fetch it for me.” They went in the other direction to do so. She pointed to another. “Grab us some gloves.”

The head scientist turned back to the beast. “I’ll need to look over things here, but we have our reports. We’re free to go in and look at the pieces.” After one of the assistants had returned with gloves, she led the way. The chamber doors slid open again at her approach, loyal. She picked up one of the pieces and turned it over in her hand, curiously.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 19:15:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar flinched as the mega stone burst, his hands reaching up to block the blinding light. As the light died down, Oscar's expression quickly changed to one of elation. They fucking did it! Oscar cackled as he looked upon the aftermath of the explosion, "That's what I'm fuckin' talking about! Holy shit that was amazing!"

The focused Oscar ignored the assistants as they bustled by, he was far too excited to pay them any mind. Suddenly all of his ambitions and dreams were possible, and the very idea of fulfilling his desires was enough to fill Oscar with euphoria. His focus was only broken by Lulu addressing him, stating that they were free to go inside. Oscar didn't even think about the possibility of residual radiation from the expelled energy, he was too excited.

He nodded vigorously, "After you ma'me." An assistant appeared with gloves, and Oscar gladly claimed a pair. After pulling them on he followed Lulu inside, walking over to the nearest shard to examine it. Picking it up he noted that it looked greatly discolored, almost--burnt? After a moment Oscar realized that what he was holding was actually a charred finger, likely belonging to their human subject. Oscar let out a disappointed groan before tossing the finger aside. 

Oscar picked up a true shard in his hand, holding it up to the light to examine it. He immediately noticed something and made it known to Lulu, "It's lost its luster. Without the energy it's become little more than a translucent rock." Oscar dropped the shard and folded his arms, "So we know we can release the energy, now we just need a way to contain and harness it. I have a few prototype designs, perhaps you'd want to look them over?

Oscar pulled out his phone, pressing several buttons before presenting Lulu with a detailed blueprint of a new kind of generator. Oscar pointed to the central chamber, "If I run electricity through here, it should be able to hold and distribute it across a power grid until it's spent. If I can find a way to break a mega stone within the chamber, hypothetically it should work the same for the stone's energy."

Oscar shrugged as he put his phone away, "I have engineering experience from college but I'm no scientist, it's always the small details that stump me."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 8:29:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu looked up to the shard Oscar held to the light. The mega stone was a curious object, brought about in part by ultra wormhole radiation. She wondered if extracting this power could somehow allow them the ability to also rip holes into other dimensions, as the Megalopolans had done. The harnessing of this energy was step one. There would be so many potential uses.

The lab assistant returned with a small stack of papers in their hand and extended it to the head scientist. Taking them, she skimmed through, mumbling a bit to herself before her words became fully coherent upon finding the cells of relevance. “…the residual energy in the room following the explosion suggests that we can harness it, indeed.” The question was how.

The stack of papers fell to her side and she went to look at the beast’s phone which was turned to her. “Since you brought me aboard this project, I’ve been working on my own prototypes. One in particular which is in the works would convert any kind of pokémon-produced energy into electricity. A universal generator. Its technology is similar to that within a solar panel. Very small, easily integrated…” Her voice trailed off as she thought, and then added. “On the other hand, it would be fun to come up with a solution for harnessing this energy itself, no conversion needed.”

She stood straighter then, looking back to his eyes. “As far as finding a way to break the stones, you might leave that to me.” Lulu was an expert in explosives and projectile weapons. If there was a way to channel a pokemon’s energy into the machine in the way they needed, Lulu would surely figure it out. “We’re both masters of destruction in our own ways, eh?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 0:02:49 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar's mouth formed a devilish grin as Lulu gave him her answer, "Well then, it seems a collaboration is in order." Oscar reached into his blazer and pulled out something small. He raised it between his fingers, revealing it to be a flash drive.

His eyes narrowed as he focused them on Lulu, "The blueprints are on here as well, in a form I can manipulate. If we combine my design with yours perhaps we can make progress on our respective ambitions. A generator that can not only run on Mega stones, but pokemon as well. Limitless energy for Rocket to control."

Oscar's eyes widened as he became lost in his aspirations, the possibilities pouring over him like a crushing wave. "The fuckin' league can have all the demigods they want, if we control infinienergy we can match them every step of the way." Oscar pointed the drive toward Lulu. "Any interest?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 3:27:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The woman rarely offered smiles, but at Oscar, rows of straight white teeth were flashed, bright and bold. Here was something new. They were moving forward, and she was a part of it. She was important again.

“Of course.” she responded, leaning in towards him a hair and raising a hand to take the drive from him. “Not sure how familiar you are with my work, but this is right up my alley.” Lulu was a… different kind of scientist. Computer scientist, sure, at the base of it, but also a sponge which had absorbed an incredible amount of information in regards to modern technology and engineering. This sort of thing was her specialty.

She held the drive in her fingers. “I’ll be reviewing this tonight, and will make myself available whenever you’d like to discuss plans.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,803 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 18:43:41 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar grinned devilishly, "Excellent." He turned, removing his gloves as he walked toward the exit of the chamber. They had made fantastic progress today, but there was still much to do. "I'll be in touch, expect a call from me by next week."

He stopped by the doorway, turning his head as to keep Lulu in his sight. "Don't be afraid to use your imagination too, money is no issue." He turned fully as he mentioned money, remembering something he had meant to bring up earlier. "Also to note, I am very aware of your work and I quite enjoy it. If this goes well perhaps I can help you fund some of your more exuberant projects. I'd like to see what you're capable of without any limitations."

He turned again, his tone becoming notably less professional. "Anywho, see ya around Lulu! If you see our test subject again, tell him to go fuck himself."

With that, the rocket beast would see himself out.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 21:30:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

The scientist nodded at the beast. Next week.

At the mention of unlimited funds, teeth flashed. “Your contribution is much appreciated, Mr. Clayton. I have many ideas.” She wouldn’t let him down.

The man then removed his professional hat and addressed her by her first name—one she wasn’t sure he’d ever used towards her. At his chipper suggestion of cruelty, she regarded him with a tight smile, wordless as he took his leave.

was a monster, clearly, but so were they all, in their own ways.

She went back to work.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
breaking ground [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 4:56:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: