awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 19:36:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good. Affirming it is both the first and easiest step." Delivering upon such proclamations proves no where near as simple. But, that comes with time. For now, they enjoy a moment's respite in what will undoubtedly be a weighty endeavor.

"Did you have anything in mind?"

In actuality, jumping back into the fray is more straightforward than she makes it seem. All it requires is the forthright planning that comes with any big commitment. Scientist, for all their unappreciation, prove the most flexible when it comes to implanting back into current events. But that begs the question, does her passion for it still remain?

"What did you want to pursue?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 19:48:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]saying it is simple, easy, child's play. following through with the affirmation? that's an entirely different beast. one she's never been able to conquer. perhaps this time it will be different. god, she hopes so.

a hum escapes at the question. while she mulls it over, rolling ideas on her tongue, she requests another drink.

"probably back to what i know," is what she finally comes up with. evolution, genetics, the way pokemon are wired and how they operate. it's been a while since she dipped her toes in her old research. maybe it's finally time to dust the pages off and start again. "i have a few unfinished projects that wouldn't mind being completed."

it's all she can really do, anyway. science always has a home for her.

"i had an old research topic i never pursued, either. maybe now is the time to look into restarting that." she remembers bringing the topic up to him once. the myth of a pokemon with genetic makeup as profound as the mere thought of its actual existence. would she ever uncover such a thing, though? probability says no but maybe, just maybe, she could try.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 20:49:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Research. Science. Perfect.

"Well, if you would like to expedite that process, Silph Co. would be happy to have you." Fernando doles out invitations like empty slips of paper. With the upheaval to come, corporate poaching is his way to sifting through what resources the League has left to salvage. The choice is their own, unquestionably, but should they need a good home where their talents will be put to used instead of squandered, Fernando provides them an out—to his benefit, of course.

"I'll put in a good word for you. I know a guy."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 21:23:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"just like old times, huh?" she started out as one of his interns. it brings a smile to her face, a little fuzzy around the edges with alcohol but genuine nonetheless. "i'd be honored to join Silph Co." their science department is, after all, one of the best in the region.

the drinks come once more and this time, she takes it a little slower. two sips instead of one. it lasts only a moment longer than the last.

"oh, you know a guy?" laughter escapes before she can stop it. the thought amuses her. "i'd appreciate that. thank you, fernando." he doesn't have to do that, doesn't have to give her a purpose. naivety clings to the thought that he does so because he wants to keep her around. if only it could be that simple.

she leans a little closer, head tilting with a question. "i didn't know you were in the market for a new scientist."

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 21:31:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

Fernando closes his eyes with a faint smile, as if reminiscing. Truth be told, he’s just glad he managed to slip through that conversation unchecked. He remembers Illeana being under his employment briefly, a summer internship that gave her the credentials to move forward and upwards, but can’t for the life of him remember what she actually did.

Sometimes it pays to be so smooth.

Save your thanks for after you start. I’m going to work you to the bone, Reyes. Expose you to how unforgiving real science can be until we undress all those misgivings and find the real you.

She leans in and he comes closer to match.

That’s the thing, Illeana. I’m always in the market.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 21:44:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]somehow, she doesn't expect less of working under him. the science department of silph co. is fierce competition, too. the best and brightest minds gather beneath one roof to serve the man of the hour. briefly, it reminds her of the league, of his integral role in it all. perhaps it won't be that bad.

"don't work me too hard," her lips break into a grin. "unless your goal is to kill me." and wouldn't that be surprising if it was? except, she's still of use to him and his company. enough to ensure her survival, her security in his eyes. "i'm afraid i'm not sure what real science you're referring to, though. have i not been doing that up until now?" is she missing something? probably, wouldn't be the first time.

proximity closes and there's no more drinks coming for her to use as a lifeline. just her and him in a bar, too close for her to stop.

"are you?" hinting, teasing at something. she doesn't bother to specify. "and that led you to me?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 21:57:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando complete the notions and laughs off her words with no more than a chuckle between friends. The goal is never to ‘kill’ them, so to speak, but to bring out their best. Sure, death often becomes the description they use to describe their workplace but they come out better for it. Silph Co., for all it’s faults between work-life balance and competition, breeds a higher caliber of science.

Silph Co. on a resume is the Eon Ticket into just about any other tech or engineering based company. The same would go for science and academia but not many competitors can offer such a luxurious opportunity at investigating the secrets of Fernando’s Legendary Pokemon.

Hypothesis and conclusions work fine on paper, Reyes. But proof beyond doubt is not something science usually agrees on.” She will find out soon enough how meticulous they are within the labs. Stringing together basic fact, such as:

1 + 1 = 2

is not enough. There must be an explanation so atomic in question that there is no margin of error left unchecked. Should they arise, they must be documented and elaborated upon. A simple experiment unravels an expansion beyond any one scientist’s wildest dream. Often times, it proves more boring and tedious than adventurous, hence the labor of those that discover and cement the rules of the world.

His smile settles when he can smell the alcohol between them. His eyes don’t falter.

You called me.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 2:12:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she grins at the sound of a chuckle, even more so when drinks arrive again. alcohol tinges everything about her by now. from the pull of her lips to the temperature of her body. it feels hotter in the confines of this bar, the slight flush of cheeks the real culprit behind a change in degree.

"i see," she murmurs. attention shifts to the new glass, fingers reaching and plucking it from the counter. she'll give it a good swirl, drawn into the way liquor sloshes and twirls in its container. ice cubes clink against glass and droplets trickle onto her skin. that's the reminder to finish it and return it to the counter before it ruins her dress. "and if there's no proof beyond doubt? start over until there is?" another clink, returning glass to where it came. her hand rises, then, in order to remove the spilled liquor with a simple swipe of her tongue.

it's not surprising that working under silph co. will be different than her old position. more competition, more pressure, more desire to prove herself. there's excitement in the challenge, however. as if she's almost thrilled to push herself to the breaking point over and over again.

"that i did." a soft giggle follows. "that shouldn't be surprising by now, right?" she'll always call as he'll always show. for what, however, is merely up to chance.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 8:13:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Then we map it. Every possibility. Every condition behind it. Everything in its entirety.

Fernando lacks the same finesse when it comes to handling his liquor. There’s no art of subtle body language between spirit and body. It comes into his hand no sooner than it gets thrown back, treated as nothing more than a means to an end.

Shouldn’t it be? What did you think this was going to entail?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 13:46:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]”sounds logical,” realistic, ideal, the perfect grounds for scientific advancement. she should expect nothing less from silph co. or him for that matter. failure isn’t an option, right? ”i look forward to it.” her smile is bright, excited, as if this is a new chapter in her life about to unfold. and maybe it is or maybe it’s a repeating form of history hidden beneath a shiny new job.

there’s no way to know until she dives in.

the bartender doesn’t wait for a signal for this round, already working by the time her hand even bothers to raise. guess he expects them to linger a while longer.

”i expected you to show,” she flashes him a dangerous grin. ”everything after that is just a perk.” realistically, she hadn’t expected the conversation to shift in such a manner. now that it has, it’s uncharted territory.

her next drink comes and she takes it in hand. she’ll stare at him over the brim of the glass, head tilted to one side as if waiting for something. ”did you expect something different?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 19:52:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Oh?"

Fernando lets her words settle for a moment. High strung silence settles before he decides to push the envelope. "I'm not sure what I expected, Reyes." The gap between them seems to close as their talk about work and science dies off in lieu of a more exciting topic. It feels like cat and mouse, something he would have never pined her for.

"So tell me, what should I be looking for?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 20:12:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]should her pride swell at the concept of catching him off guard? it certainly would but has she? possibly... the jury’s still not back yet with that result. she can feel a shift in the atmosphere, a subtle change into something more exciting. distance closes, gaps fading into nothing, and the topic of science is buried for later.

”anything you’d like to look for,” she doesn’t hide it, doesn’t care much to. there’s been a tension building between them that he has picked up on before. she’s just no longer interested in avoiding it. ”haven’t you always said to take what you want, anyway?” alcohol makes the memory fuzzy but it sounds accurate enough. if not, fuck it. she doubts he’ll correct her anyway.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 20:20:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Anything?"

His tone cuts into their moment with a sharp reminder to stave off danger. Her words, uninhibited, make a promise he doubts she can keep. The implication goes deeper than that and his expression softens underneath a smile. "I'm looking for you, Illeana."

"What do you want?"

His whisper pushes further, looking for temptation, to see how much she's learned from him.

"What are you going to take?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 20:46:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]anything is a funny thing to offer someone, especially of his caliber. and yet, she does it deliberately, willingly, without any reservations. in fact, she leans even closer to sweeten the deal. where she was once shy, she is no longer. there’s a confidence to her now that comes with the notion that she has nothing left to lose. it’s just as freeing as it is damning.

”do you?” it comes across as coy, as seeking confirmation for something she’s suspected. what comes next, however, is anything but.

the beginning of a devilish smile blooms on her lips and even if she didn’t drink half the bar, she’d probably still react the same way. ”everything.”

there’s no hesitation when her lips seek his. no waiting, just taking the moment as her own.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
kingslayer
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 21:25:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It’s expected. The words between them sizzle into a tension neither can deny. The only caveat is that Fernando’s too chickenshit to make the first move. Not after last time, not after she politely rejected him with a proverbial slap to the face. There’s no wrong account on her end but therein lies the reason he never opens himself up to rejection.

And here she is making up for lost time.

Fernando accepts her bravery with his own bottled up frustrations. It’s subtle at first, welcoming to her touch until she tap into a hunger that has no end. His hands seek her face, enraptured in seconds as he prolongs their kiss for longer than he should, eagerly pressing forward.