strange flames [c][m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 5:41:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

MISSION: MEMORIAL MAINTENANCE

A cool breeze whispered along the path, riling a flurry of fallen petals which bobbed and danced in the air around a Floette. Its blood red flower stood out even at night amongst soft pink, both of fragmented blossoms, and whipping tails of hair. It nearly reached the thin ankles of an outlandishly dressed woman wielding a staff. Its crystals glittered prismatically in the moonlight, inlaid in smooth silver prongs that were reminiscent of antlers, or tree branches maybe.

She sat in the center of a graveyard, knelt with her head bowed towards her staff and swaying some, muttering softly and incoherently. Eerie purple flames of WILL-O-WISP circled around her as she spoke her prayers, before addressing the ghosts around her.

Her Phantump lingered nearby, focused on turning and maintaining its fire at a low level, and careful not to burn the priestess whose ritual it was aiding.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 20:15:21 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“You’re seeing what I’m seeing, right?”

“...tang…”

Rowan had originally planned to spend the night training with his newly acquired Metang, hoping to forge some sort of bond between them. Sigma was remarkably hard-headed, even for a steel type, often resisting requests on principle for reasons that Rowan didn’t quite understand. Metang were known for being incredibly smart, akin to the knowledge a super computer would possess. Best he could figure was that Sigma thought itself to be too smart to take orders from what it considered to be a lesser form of intelligence, and although that was rather insulting, Rowan could at least understand defiance out of a sense of superiority. Hell, he’d done that all his life.

These plans were derailed the moment that he saw the rather oddly dressed woman standing among the mass of graves, having seen enough horror movies to assume that this wasn’t your average mourner. “Uh...excuse me?” Sigma floated closer towards the woman, carrying along Rowan who was sitting atop its head, seemingly interested in what was happening as well. “So...summoning zombies or calling spirits?” He’d ask with an amused smirk on his face as he looked over the ritual site, dangling one of his legs over the side of Sigma’s body. “Just curious.” Rowan had grown up in the big city of Wyndon and stayed there most of his life, he wasn’t exactly the kind to believe in the rituals of the more spiritual regions such as Hoenn, which made it rather easy to take the piss out of even if he shouldn’t. “...tang..”

Notes: Sigma is currently using Magnet Rise to float.

@eiwa
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 0:05:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

At the first syllable, heavy false lashes fluttered back with a start. Sakura tails jostled as her pretty head whipped in his direction. “That is insulting.”

Her bright red eyes took in the man floating uncomfortably close to her spirit circle. With a haughty sigh, she bowed her head briefly again to her staff, before raising to her full six feet. Some haste was taken as she concluded the ritual with the half-crescent gesture of her faith, before she turned to glower at the nosy individual who’d interrupted.

Zombies. You mock the dead when they are all around you. You are hardly amusing.”

Her chin raised at him. Typically, Eiwa presented herself as cool, charming—sweet, even. It was good for business. But, to interrupt a ritual? She couldn’t conceal her distaste. Her blood-painted pout was flat. Nonetheless, she indulged him with an explanation. Communicating with spirits.”

A sharp-nailed hand reached out to lower a palm in a decreasing gesture, and the purple flames of her Phantump died, darkening the area save for the light of the moon and stars.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 1:52:24 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Would it still be insulting if I said I enjoy zombie movies?” Rowan asked rhetorically, a smirk spread across his lips. Sigma lowered itself closer to the ground to allow Rowan to hop onto the grass, adjusting the hoodie he was wearing when he landed. “No mocking intended, I just don’t exactly see the point of all this.” Rowan looked over the space of the ritual with an obviously incredulous look, easily able to be spotted as someone who didn’t particularly believe in the nature of human spirits. “...tang…” Sigma watched the Phantump with cautious eyes, as though he knew that were this to become violent that it’d be at an obvious type disadvantage against the ghost Pokémon.

“I mean, do you actually speak with them?” Rowan was slightly curious but mostly skeptical about the entire thing, doubting that anyone possessed the ability to call forth the dead and have a conversation with them. “What do they talk about, the weather?” Couldn’t resist the joke, could you? It was no secret that Rowan was in no uncertain terms an asshole when he lived in Galar, dragged down by the futility of his situation and looking to make others as miserable as himself. While he attempted to let this former toxic personality die on that continent, there were times where even the best intentions fell short. “Maybe you could finish then?” Rowan suggested with a smile, wondering if there was any merit to her claims of communicating with spirits. “I promise to be quiet this time.”

@eiwa

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 22:14:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She glowered at him. How dare he, this floating stranger? “It is more insulting, now.”

The staff stood on its own, having been stabbed into the ground. Nails wrapped the ends of each of her arms, crossed, as she stared red, and her chin angled at him sharply as he hopped down. So, it wasn’t enough to interrupt. Now, he wanted to linger.

“Yes.” Cherry lips were tight on response. She could read, even in the dark, that he was a nonbeliever. His joke was met with little acknowledgement save for the briefest glint of murder in her eye, which was then gone like a ghost.

Patience pushed uneasily through her chest and out her throat with a hiss. “I can’t finish. They’re gone, now.” Long, slender fingers splayed theatrically, cutting moonlight. “You broke the circle.”

She pacified herself, lashes fluttering shut a moment, serenely, before they peeled back again at him. “Even if I build the circle again; does not matter if you’re here. Your mind is loud.”

As though her judgment was final, she nodded to the Floette which lingered near. Surfing the night breeze on its red blossom, it went to sweeping away their ritual’s threshold with light gusts of air.

“Are you visiting someone?”

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 4:33:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan raised a brow at her particularly strange choice of words, understanding that he was often lost in his own thoughts, but curious how exactly she could claim the ability to hear them. “Apologies, I’ll try thinking less.” Sigma seemed to be equally skeptical of her claims, removing himself from the conversation by floating towards a nearby patch of grass and lowering himself to the ground. “We don’t really do anything like this, in Galar...” Rowan gestured over the site of the ritual, though not exactly sure what part was significant. “..so you’ll have to forgive my ignorance. Though I’m not sure you’ll forgive my rudeness, I do apologize for being a nuisance.” Guilt was beginning to creep into his subconscious, especially after having visited the grave of Howitzer with Adrian on Mount Pyre merely days ago.

“I actually don’t know anyone that is buried out here.” Rowan admitted with a soft shrug, looking around the stones without familiarity. “I was training with Sigma, but he rarely listens to me. We ended up floating over here because he doesn’t follow directions!” His final words were said with a raised voice, turning his head towards the apathetic Metang so he could hear them. “Anyways, I’m trying not to be such a bellend like I used to be when I was living in Wyndon. Obviously, it’s sort of a work in progress.”

@eiwa
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 17:31:14 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 time passes on. unlike the spirits that refuse to leave pyre's shackles. whether they are here of their own volition is another question altogether. noah wonders if spirits question why the living continue to visit this peak time and time again in tireless cycles.

noah's dressed light for the occasion. light for the eerie chill of mt. pyre- and light for the solmenity of the area. he's here to jog.

sort of. the peak's an intentional pit stop. although he could have passed him, noah feels compelled to greet the other, as if a ghost is tugging at his tongue by its ticklish wisp. behind him, his machamp stops too, happy to take a break.

"here to pay your respects too?" noah says, suddenly cognizant of his tired lungs. the breath leaves him heavily.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon machamp"]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 2:40:28 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hmm?” Rowan turned around as a voice called out from behind him, spotting the rather sweaty visage of the traveler that jogged up towards him. “Oh, no. I don’t know anyone here, I was just talking to…” His gaze turned back to the person he’d been speaking with, only to find that there was nothing there, the girl and her Pokemon having disappeared. “...no one, I guess.” Rowan became unnerved suddenly, not able to locate any depressed grass from the footprints of someone walking away.

There was the realization suddenly that he hadn’t been talking with any living person, instead believing this to be one of the spirits he had been mocking originally. “You look familiar.” Rowan tried to push this feeling away, turning his attention towards them fully now. “You’re Noah Faber, right? The gym leader of Veranturf?” He recognized their appearance from various information sources about Hoenn, linking him and the Machamp together mentally to form this conclusion. “Nice to meet you, Rowan Wrynn.” A hand was offered to shake, though he didn’t exactly expect to receive one in return.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 6:19:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "that's me."

noah takes the hand. as expected, the grip is strong and the subsequent quaking of arms is boisterous. his outgoing nature finds circuitry-connection even within the damp fog of the mountain.

"nice to meet you too!" noah's machamp produces some flowers from his belt. it sets a bouquet before a cold slab; a delicate impression of a bird pokemon can be found engraved on its stone. "thanks for giving my unfezant some company. i imagine it gets lonely here sometimes."

a bright digitized chime sings from his pocket. noah fishes out his phone; eyes become wide like a magikarp's.

"i gotta get going, but yeah, again, nice to meet you, man." noah whispers to his machamp and the gray pokemon lifts him into his arms. "come find me in verdanturf some day. i'll treat you for visiting my friend— even if it wasn't intentional."

noah winks before his machamp carries him down the solemn slope.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon machamp"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:20:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 5:59:37 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Unfezant?” Rowan glanced away from the gym leader for a brief moment, inspecting the grave that he had been standing in front of and once again wondering what fascination that serendipity had with his life. “Oh, of course.” His smile was soft and friendly, the sentiment reminding him slightly of Adrian’s own deceased Pokemon that rested alone atop Mount Pyre. Their meeting would be cut short by the sudden chime from Noah’s phone, prompting them with an alert that seemed to be of some importance. “The pleasure is mine, I'll have to take you up on that some time.”

“Tang…” Sigma lifted itself from the patch of earth, looking over the site of the ritual that seemed to never exist with his own eyes. “Yeah, freaky as fuck isn’t it?” Rowan climbed aboard the Pokemon and shuddered with unease as he gave one last look around the desolate graveyard, wondering who or what exactly he’d met this evening. “Let’s get out of here.” Before long, they’d both be on their way, outlook on the afterlife forever changed.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 22:14:04 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this mountainscape cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are shaderoot carrots: a long twisted vegetables black with gloom.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in MT. PYRE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
strange flames [c][m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 22:15:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: