2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 7:20:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was about time that Chu-e had a meeting with .

It wasn't anything serious. An introduction, a meeting of mind, and, perhaps, a bit of trading in information. Katherine was an asset to Rocket in many ways. Previously a Gym Leader, now an Elite Four. An Avatar. From what reports he had read over and gathered, she also seemed to be competent. But there was only so much you could gather from reading. Chu-e wanted to pick her brain a little.

Cookies were baked. Tea brewed. A request to join him in his office sent. His Delphox would be standing guard, as usual, if she even chose to use the door at all. A Purrloin lounged on the cat tree in the corner, tail swishing and eyes closed. Quiet and calm.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 18:09:25 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

What a depressing place.

Every time Katherine wandered inside the sub, old faces resurfaced and the woman couldn’t help but think about old friends. She missed annoying the ever-living shit of . was still here, sure, but it was a different sort of fun. Gavin never looked like he contemplated harming himself just for being in Katherine’s presence.

But perhaps that just meant that she was getting lousy at her job?

Regardless of the answer, Kat dismissed this line of thought away after a while, shortly before making it to @cho’s office.

She doesn’t knock.

Instead, she opens the door and allows herself in, not entirely surprised to find a feline of some sort near the Underboss. Chu-e’s reputation preceded him, after all.

“Hey,” her hand lifts to offer a brief wave, “I hope I haven't kept you waiting for too long.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 18:40:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e pauses from where he's taking a sip of tea.

"Not at all. Thank you for coming. Please, have a seat." He motioned vaguely to one of the free chairs across from his desk. "It's nice to make your acquaintance, Miss Fairburne. There are a lot of congratulations in order! Both for your recent promotion as well as impressing a God. Buuuut....." The door was closed and locked behind her and Chu-e picked up a remote. The TV affixed to the wall was turned on, a picture of the Earth Plate, whole, shown.

"Judging from your showing at the Church of Arceus a while back, you're after these, correct? Well, I know where the Earth Plate is. I'd be happy to share that information... for a few questions of my own to be answered." Chu-e smiled from his seat, no less warm and friendly than when had arrived. No need in beating around the bush. Right to business.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 19:38:57 GMT

A seat is claimed not long after Chu-e suggests for Katherine to do that.

“Yes, I am glad this is finally happening. I’ve known Gavin and worked alongside him for a long time now, but since you two are of the same rank… Then I imagine we will work together in the future, too.”

His words of congratulations are met with a brief smile, along with a curt bow of her head, “Ah, thank you.”

Neither her promotion or meeting Giratina came as a surprise to her. It was her destiny, and she’d finally fulfilled it. Or, rather, parts of it.

When the TV turns on, her eyes flit to it and widen slightly in surprise. That was… A plate, wasn’t it? It had to be. Chu-e skipped pleasantries quite to Katherine’s liking and tackled the subject at hand quickly. She liked that type of men. Beating around the bush, especially in her presence, was unnecessary and almost as rude as wasting her time.

“I am after the plates.”

She confirms, eyes darting back to the Underboss. What was his angle here? Was this really being done in pursuit of knowledge and nothing else?

“Questions, huh?” humming for a moment, Katherine doesn’t accept his deal just yet. “I can’t promise I’ll have answers to all of them, but, if we are doing this…” She lifts her hand from the chair’s arm, pointing at the plate that the TV still showed without looking away from Chu-e himself, “I need to know that I am not wasting my time. Whoever this belongs to, I need to be assured that it can be taken.”

Otherwise, what were they even doing here?

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 0:43:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"It's nothing I consider too invasive, promise." Leaning back in his chair, Chu-e quirked up his lips again but nodded. knew how to play the game. Good. That made his easier on them both.

At her own question, he did need to think that over. "I can guarantee at least one of the four pieces." Is what he finally ended up concluding; it did belong to him, after all, even if someone else was keeping it. "The other three could be arranged but might be more difficult. If we plan it right, though, we could get all four at once." Already something was half formed in mind. Plucking a pen from a cup on his desk, he scribbled a few things down on a notepad in pink ink.

"Mostly what I want to know about is why you want the plates." A desk drawer was opened a manilla folder was slapped on the desk, his hand resting on top of it. "As long as you have a vested interest in Rocket, I have a vested interest in you, after all."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 0:54:24 GMT

“If you can guarantee a piece, Chu-e,” she allows her smile to resurface and even grow wider, satisfied with his response. “Then I am an open book. Whatever you wish to know, ask away.”

The Underboss’ next words entice the woman further, proving lethal in causing temptation to fester further inside Katherine’s heart. The mere idea she could have the whole plate with his help… Well, it’s most certainly not what she came here for, but such surprises were always welcomed.

“I believe Giratina is tied to them,” she answers, plain and simple. “And I believe it wants…” A short pause, one in which she reminds herself that the two of them were a pair now; a duo. “Us to have them.”

Both of them. Her and it.

“It is mostly a hunch though, but I’ve learned to trust my instincts. I am sure you can relate.”

notes:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:43:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
At her answer, his hand is removed from the folder. It is slid across for her to take, if she wants. She will find information. Chu-e had always been a man willing and comfortable with killing; but most of his time in Rocket was spent with information. Taking it. Manipulating it. Eliminating it. Even as a Beast, expected to be a powerhouse on a leash in Kanto, information was always his forte.

Inside the folder was pictures and information. About every person who attended the conference, including Katherine herself. Stills taken from the video that he had secretly been making since the start of that incident. Who had what piece, guesses on who had others; names besides those more well known like or , estimates of sex and age and height and other identifying factors besides those who weren't. Some had more information than others, as was the nature of these things.

" is who has the plate that he, , , and myself found in Mauville. I will start thinking of something to get more than just my piece from him." A page in the back had information on Lars himself, mostly from the public as Chu-e didn't know him personally, having only met him that once. He did, however, make special note of something Katherine may have already been aware of: Lars was a suspected Avatar of something relating to ice, as Chu-e had seen those powers manifest with his own two eyes.

A backup of everything in the folder was also located on a microSD card that was taped just inside the cover. The whole thing was Katherine's to keep.

"I suppose other than that... I don't have too many questions. Do you know why Giratina wants the plates? Is the Sinnoh or Kalos lore about the number correct? If Giratina and Darkrai are real, does that mean the Original One and Cresselia are as well? But," He gave a more vague shrug at those. "You don't need to provide me answers to those. My main goal of this meeting was to touch base with you."

"You're right, though; I do trust my instincts. I had good feeling about you, from what I've read. I think we could work well together in the future."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 2:04:50 GMT

Katherine opens the folder and a bright new world of information she so deeply desired is revealed before her eyes. Names, estimates, physical description, images - she could use all of this.

She needed all of this.

And it’s during this moment that cements Chu-e as Rocket’s new Santa Klaus in Katherine’s eyes. If he had these sorts of gifts laying around, he most certainly earned the title. It grants her the ability to pin down some targets in the future, which frankly, is something she’d been dying to do.

Regardless of how many people she’d have to cross, steal from and even bring to Giratina’s realm along with her: she’ll do this. She will have them all.

“The head ranger, Solgaleo’s Avatar and…” The saint of Slateport? What a strange group of people.

“... A kid. What were you even doing with them there?” Perhaps Chu-e was lucky enough to simply stumble upon the trio, but still, Kat felt that she should at least ask.

“I do not, but I am sure that I’ll know when it matters,” she responds to his first question, taking a short pause before addressing the others. “I don’t know, but I do believe that there are more plates. The Original One… Yes. I believe in his existence, but as for Cresselia, I am not sure it’d be right for me to guess.”

Her smile is persistent, still quite apparent across her lips.

“What better time is there for us to work together than now?” The folder is pushed back only slightly, remaining within reach of Katherine’s hand as it slides back to the middle of the table. ”If you and I can take the plate together, Chu-e… I’ll owe you one. Whatever it is you’ll want, whatever operation you’ll want me to get my hands dirty with - I’ll be yours.”

Did that mean that Giratina would be at his disposal too?

Maybe.

notes:

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
bite back
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 5:12:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"All happenstance. The group I was originally in ended up being canceled due to No-Shows, and one of their group ended up having to drop out. The company just happened to place me with them." It wasn't the most interesting story but it had been convenient. It actually wasn't until after he was back home that Chu-e realized the other three he was with held any type of significance at all.

He nodded along as answered his questions. This was leaving him much to think about later, when he was busy throwing himself back into his own research. His house was a mess right now with all the books he had strewn about. But, ah, that was for later.

"Then it sounds like we have a deal, Miss Fairburne." He offered his hand to her to seal the deal, so to speak. "I'll keep in touch with you when I have something more solid in mind. If you're willing, we may need to test a few theories with your Avatar abilities to make sure we can pull off this job." He didn't know how much that Katherine had pushed herself, push her new powers, really seen what she could do. He didn't know much about her at all other than from reports, which was a shame.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
bite back
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 15:29:58 GMT

Chu-e's hand is shaken, a smile coating Katherine's lips as their deal is sealed. At the touch of their hands, a pulse of Giratina's energy surges from the core of the woman's body, almost as if showing agreement. That's the sort of feeling she's enshrouded with, at least.

”Ah, I wouldn't worry about that. If you'll need something done, you'll only have to ask.” It’s not that these words weren’t parting through lips because she was as vain as humanly possible, but there was also the fact that she didn’t want anyone - League or Rocket - to keep a document about her capabilities and the blessing of Giratina.

“Well, I am sure we’ll be in touch. Just text me whenever you’re ready to move on to the next stage.”

Although this was better left unsaid, even as Katherine begins to depart, an unspoken promise is made. When you make a deal with the devil, it will come knocking on your door to collect what it’s owed.

And the clock is already ticking.

notes:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
bite back
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 19:18:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: