2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 2:59:32 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
following her bewildering encounter with moltres at the moment of stormy's ascent, cait had realized that her flygon's flying prowess was far beyond what was to be expected. additionally, she trusted the lithe pokemon to carry her in areas similar to mt. pyre due to her breeding, her beloved tropius ill-equipped to endure the combination of heat and ash-tinged air. 

fernando's summoning had been expected following aqua's initial meeting, the man having yet to communicate his stance on her decision. she reasoned he didn't particularly care, the woman remaining in his employ without a contract bounding her to the league. it meant she was only legally bound to his respective company and nothing else, cait maintaining a sense of flexibility in that regard. 

their contact so far had been limited to her sending him receipts related to the insurance benefits she utilized on a semi-frequent basis, the silph company ensuring both she and her pokemon were in good health. they footed the bill for quite a bit, which allowed her to accumulate her wealth in a private account that was out of reach of everyone - excluding her, of course. 

"over here."

both she and flygon landed, cait adorned in a faux leather jacket, the goggles which protected her face lifted as she took in her immediate surroundings with a cursory sweep of her gaze. the gps device implanted into her company-provided smart watch alerted her that this was indeed the correct location, the woman having double and even triple checked. 

"
he should be here soon."

the area was notably secluded and she had arrived roughly ten minutes earlier, unwilling to make her superior wait. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:09:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Cait arrives promptly. Too promptly. Unlike her, Fernando opts for the on-hand method of ascending Mount Pyre. His hike is both slow and tedious, a testament to Hoenn’s natural land masses. Each crag serves as a stark reminder of ’s conditions and Fernando pushes himself a little harder.

By the time he arrives he’s barely on time, heaving in sweat and exhaustion. “Alfric,” he wheezes with labored breath. “Good morning.

Today, he wears nothing more than sports wear. The exercise is planned and his outfit reflects that. A sleeveless tank top and knee length athletic shorts prove breathable and showcase just how much he’s sweating.

You’ve been well?

He delays the inevitable with small talk and courtesies. Better to rest and regain his composure before diving deep into their discussion.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:17:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait was taken slightly aback by the sight of him as he made his entrance, noting his figure, his wardrobe and his bent posture as he recovered from a lengthy trek. she resisted the urge to blatantly stare at the man, reminding herself that she was both a woman of arceus and engaged. she wisely fixed her gaze upon his face, managing her usual smile of greeting. 

"well enough, sir," she responded, plainly. "
and you?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:26:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Never better.

He says this as he runs his hand against the crook of his brow, wiping away a forehead of perspiration just to run it through his hair. His breathing starts to slow as his chest inflates a little less with every inhale. The fatigue remains but his presence stabilizes.

It’s good exercise.

He matches her eye contact before softening his features. It’s far from welcoming but considering it’s Fernando it should be obvious enough that he’s trying. The slight twist at the end of his lips are as smiley as he gets.

I hope this meet wasn’t too abrupt or intrusive for you.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:36:22 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
a vast majority of her responsibilities could be handled by her hypno, the pokemon having been present since she had served as a gym leader. the white-maned and large-nosed pokemon had proven herself capable of ensuring all was well for the duration of cait's absence, possessing the intellect and personality to shoulder such a burden. 

"it wasn't."

her answers were short and concise, the woman proving herself not to be terribly conversational. fernando wasn't at fault for this nor did he take a metaphorical misstep in calling her here; she had merely developed the idealistic mindset of a subordinate. she was intently focused on the purpose behind her summoning, eager yet uncertain of what to expect.

"
was there... something you wanted to discuss?"  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:42:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed. A lot, actually.

There are several subjects of discussion to be had. Some of them should be obvious considering current events. Others have been left to stew over the passing months. All of them will need to be addressed going forward.

proves too valuable not to.

Let’s start with the obvious. What are your plans going forward?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 3:54:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"'my plans?'"

she parrots the words and falls into a ponderous silence. from her perspective, the answer is a relatively simple one. unfortunately, with rocket presently knocking at the region's door and quite a few aware of her status as an avatar; her future prospects were left in an uncertain state.

"
i'm working on my bachelor's degree at present," she informed. "and i'm considering starting a family in two or three years if everything settles down."

'if it settles down.'

"
i'm also considering if i should pursue a political science degree or potentially become a professor. when lucas lane left... i realized that there was a notable lack of people actively researching and expanding our knowledge on various topics."  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 4:43:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]That’s not what he had meant. Not in the slightest. But it is a welcomed answer nonetheless. It proves more wholesome than the alternative and for that Fernando is thankful. If there is one thing he can rely on, it’s Cait’s forward thinking mindset for her future. She always has a plan, some sort of goal to reach that pushes her forward.

But now is not a time to be idealistic.

Are you willing to relocate?

He pauses before adding for clarity.

Out of Hoenn, I mean.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:21:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i - what?"

she blinked dumbly at fernando, struggling to properly absorb the inquiry.

"
i don't - "

cait suddenly considered the idea of distancing herself from her region; leaving behind the property she had purchased in favor of - 

' - of what exactly?'

"
it'd be a large undertaking if i do. i can't just leave my pokemon behind, for example. and it'd have to be for a good enough reason if it involves me picking up everything and moving on.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:35:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Understandable.

He averts her gaze. Only for a moment. Enough to wander further up the trail and onto the peak of Mount Pyre.

Then what are your plan in regards to what happens to region in the coming year?

There goes the crux of his question. His original intent. His sole purpose for bringing her here today.

We hope for the best, for peace, but we must anticipate the worst.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:44:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i have no intention of participating in the war if that's what your asking, sir."

she shrugged. 

"
and since i'm both a civilian and a veteren omitted from the draft, i can focus on my schooling and keep whomever is unwelcome off my personal property. i'll participate in repelling rocket only if fortree is directly threatened and civilian lives are at risk - but only then.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:52:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“And when they lay siege to every part of Hoenn with the exception of Fortree?

Fernando does not mince words. However, his tone has a hint of curiosity, forever probing.

You’re strong Alfric. But you cannot defeat a region on your own.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 5:57:27 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a scowl tugged at the corners of her lips, her expression hardening a smidge. 

"and what do you suggest i do, sir? i doubt my personal participation in a war will heavily sway the end result. essentially, i'm a healer by trade - not the next bailey cooper in the making."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 6:25:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Well, you have two options then, Alfric.

Fernando clasps his hands within themselves, neatly tucked behind him as he stands at attention.

Should the time come where things look unfavorable, pack up and leave. Pursue your education. Settle down. Raise a family. Live a long and prosperous life. Live to be happy and I will support as far as I possibly can.

But that’s hardly the option he sees her taking. Not because Cait refuses to submit. But because he has faith in her. In how much their ‘love’ really amounts to. The fact that she has more than one anchor here only sweetens his prediction.

Or, prepare for me to actually call upon you. I hope you’ve found my assistance both plentiful and beneficial so far. The time may soon come where I may have to make you work for your earnings.” His frown show the grim reality of his prediction but it does not come out of malice. It’s fraught with worry. She’s his life insurance policy, after all. “Nothing I wouldn’t do myself, mind you, but the time may come where I can rely on no one else.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
residue . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 6:55:41 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she lifted a well-sculpted brow.

"sir," she drawled. "
are you implying i'd renege on our arrangement?

cait was aware that both she and her pokemon could be summoned at a moment's notice by the silph. but the woman took care not to live in constant anticipation of it, going about her day-to-day without fear of being abruptly uprooted.

"
i'm well-aware of my contract. you need only contact me and i'll come. the only caveat is that i will remain strictly affiliated with silph co. - not the league and not team rocket."