TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 9:17:42 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","hearmenand11"]
[attr="class","hearmenand33"]
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]Serena waited for Gavin while sitting on a park bench. They were going to be working with her pokémon today. She was really thankful Gavin seemed to be really into working with her. Of course, he was her mentor and all, but seeing someone put effort in really made a difference. It made her want to work hard too, even though she was going to work hard regardless.

She tossed her pokeball in her hand lightly as she listened to some tunes on her phone. Spring had come around and she'd prepared by taking her allergy medicine in advanced. So now she could just enjoy the weather and the beautiful sights around her. She wasn't exactly sure what today's training was going to be but she was looking forward to it regardless.

---

MISSION: TODDLER TRAINING (SOS) | xtra notes: post (1/5)

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

[newclass=.hearmenand11]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/60/9a/0PbdCvTn_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#fef5bd!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #131313;border-right:2px solid #131313;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand33]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .hearmenand33]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 9:25:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Sunny Petalburg was about the last place one would expect to find a shadow Pokémon, and that was kind of the point. Out here, there was nothing suspicious about a pair of trainers in a park hanging out with their charges.

Gavin's Cleffa was not a shadow Pokémon, but it served as a suitable daycare decoy.

"You've had it for a little bit, now." Weeks, in the grand scheme of things, but wasn't as green as she'd been when Walsh had entrusted the Mime Jr. to her. "How does it behave, in comparison to any other young Pokémon you've encountered?"
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 10:04:40 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]When Gavin approached Serena perked up, sitting up a little straighter in his presence. As if that really meaned anything. "You've had it for a little bit, now." Gavin said as he motioned for him to get up and follow him. Obeying she walked with him and nodded. "How does it behave, in comparison to any other young Pokémon you've encountered?" Serena tilted her head to the side as she thought.

"Well, other than the fact that it seems to know it's more of a threat than the other ones?" she asked as she crossed her arms behind her back while they walked. "I dunno, it's not as carefree. If that makes sense. Other young pokémon have this sweet innocence in their adolescence while mine seems to have a chip on it's shoulder. Totally warranted though." Serena knew just from talking to other's that no child truly was the same.

The same concept applied to pokémon she believed. Her mime jr. was just her little problem child. One should couldn't let play with other's till she learned how to properly reel in that defiant attitude that it has.

---

MISSION: TODDLER TRAINING (SOS) | xtra notes: post (2/5) hope you don't mind, took a little creative liberty with Gavin's actions, but if you wish for me to edit these out I will <3.

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

[newclass=.hearmenand11]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/60/9a/0PbdCvTn_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#fef5bd!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #131313;border-right:2px solid #131313;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand33]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .hearmenand33]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 14:49:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's gaze drifts as they walk, careful not to speak when anyone got too close.

"Mm. The one who trained it was... peculiar."

Gavin recollects Goro parading into a Littleroot contest hall on the back of a Tyrantrum, singing at full volume. It hadn't been part of Rocket's plan, but it had certainly been distracting. He wonders how much of the Mime Jr's attitude could be chalked up to Goro, and how much of it was the intrinsic malevolence of a shadow Pokemon.

"Shadow Pokémon are all unique, but most share a proclivity toward violence and an innate aggression, regardless of what they were like before the process. If you haven't already, I'd suggest a conversation with ; he has a shadow Togepi. It might be interesting to figure out what he's learned in raising one so young."

Gavin's Cleffa, having been raised around his brood of shadow Pokemon, seems to have no qualms in bouncing up to the Mime Jr as if to invite it to play.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 0:01:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 0:59:40 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]"Mm. The one who trained it was... peculiar." Gavin says after a moment's pause. "You don't say?" Serena replied, a hint of exasperation in her voice. Serena wasn't having the easiest time but she wasn't failing either that was for sure. Perhaps with a little more work Mime Jr. and Serena could come to a mutual understanding. She was sure of it.

"Shadow Pokémon are all unique, but most share a proclivity toward violence and an innate aggression, regardless of what they were like before the process." Gavin continued and Serena nodded. Yes she'd noticed that so far, but that wasn't much of the problem. "If you haven't already, I'd suggest a conversation with Valerio Dachev he has a shadow Togepi. It might be interesting to figure out what he's learned in raising one so young." Gavin offered.

Serena nodded again, "Alright, I'll reach out to him." She agreed. She'd seen Valerio around here and there. Interacted a few brief times but maybe this would be a good step in the right direction for dealing with her problem child. If she could understand the situation a bit better then she could offer a different approach compared to what she'd been doing.

Serena watches carefully as Gavin's Cleffa waltz's up to her Mime Jr. Serena flashed the Cleffa a sympathetic look. It looked like it wanted Mime Jr. to play with it but she wasn't quite so sure Mime Jr. would comply. Her Mime Jr. seemed resistant at first to the idea of play but much to her shock it decided to humor the Cleffa which left Serena's jaw agape as she stared at the unlikely pair. "What the...." she muttered as stared at them in disbelief.

---

MISSION: TODDLER TRAINING (SOS) | xtra notes: post (3/5)
F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 14:24:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin laughs, relaxed in contrast to 's exasperation.

His calm demeanour falters when he follows Serena's gaze to the pair of baby Pokemon, the underboss tensing as if in expectation of conflict. Cleffa may not have been scared of her shadow siblings, calm as they were thanks to Lugia's influence, but Mime Jr was a rogue element.

He blinks, twice, when the little mime starts to play.

"Look at that." Slowly, a smile spreads across his lips, softening the severity of his features. "They really are just Pokémon, at the end of the day; I suppose that extends to the natural play instinct of youth."

Cleffa, delighted by her newfound friend, seems not to care for the conversation between trainers.
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 11:09:21 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]Where was this energy when they were training? What was with this odd display of affection from mime? Serena felt her cheeks puff out in frustration that Gavin's Cleffa managed to make progress in an area Serena had repeatedly failed. "Look at that." Gavin said with a smile on his face.

Serena huffed as she crossed her arms across her chest. If mime wanted show off here, fine, she'd remember that latter on. "They really are just Pokémon, at the end of the day; I suppose that extends to the natural play instinct of youth." Sera shrugged. When she tried to engage with mime it seemed resistant. But perhaps that was just a her thing instead of a play thing.

"Maybe you're right." She said with a shy before shaking her head with a shrug, "He's still a brat though." She said with a small smirk playing on her lips. She wouldn't give up on him though. "Tell me more about his previous owner though." She said as the two trainers continued on their little walk.

Serena wanted to know more so that she could relate more to Mime and perhaps change her approach. She wasn't going to give up on mime just because the situation was difficult. If anything, it was more reason for her to be stubborn and work at it until everything was perfect. Ever since deciding to give it her all in regards to growing stronger she's been more willing to get her hands dirty and really put the effort in. If it would pay off in the end then it would all be worth it.

---

MISSION: TODDLER TRAINING (SOS) | xtra notes: post (4/5)

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 1:32:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Honestly, I don't know much about him." Gavin's shoulders lift in a shrug. He'd never worked directly with the other, and had seen only a brief glimpse of the other at Littleroot. "Think he was from the circus or something, unless that's me taking locker room talk too serious."

Rocket were known to be cutting with their gossip. It's why Gavin knows another detail, but this he doesn't share.

"He dropped off the radar after Littleroot. Probably for the best, considering — you pay any attention to the news?" He would hope so, given its importance to Rocket's current agenda, but. "Last year, the Littleroot Contest Hall disaster, you hear about the guy who rode in on a Tyrantrum? Singing? Yeah, that was him."

Gavin's gaze returns to the Mime Jr. "He had Mime Jr. with him, but Emma and I were elsewhere."
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 20:27:23 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]So he didn't know much about him either? What a bummer. There goes that idea then. So much for a change in perspectives. Serena tries not to look so bummed out but at this point Gavin would be able to read her like a book. Gavin went on to mention something about the guy being in some sort of circus or something? It was all confusing and only made Serena frown.

How was knowing he was some circus freak supposed to help her with Mime? "He dropped off the radar after Littleroot. Probably for the best, considering — you pay any attention to the news?" He asked her and Serena blushed before shrugging, "Sort of," she admitted honestly. If she was honest, before recently she didn't really pay all that much attention to things that were going on. Her job being to supply a source of distraction from the chaos, not to add to it.

"Last year, the Littleroot Contest Hall disaster, you hear about the guy who rode in on a Tyrantrum? Singing? Yeah, that was him." Serena nodded. She'd seen memes about the guy. So Mime's last master was a crackhead, nice. Serena shook her head at that before thinking. Or perhaps it was something deeper than that?

Maybe the guy had the right idea. Maybe it wasn't so much of his actions but how he carried himself. Serena could feel the cogs in her brain begin to turn now. Perhaps she hadn't managed to get through to Mime because he recognized that she was still timid, still scared. Who would want to follow someone that might piss their pants at a moment's notice?

Serena hummed to herself as she crossed her arms as they continued their walk. That would explain a lot. Mime sensed her fear and refused to listen. So all she needed to do was have some of that unshakable confidence like that man had. He didn't give a damn if he was talked about or made fun of. At least, that what it seemed like to her. Serena often thought too much. Psyching herself out from doing something because she had spent too much time stressing on it.

This was different though. She wasn't alone in this anymore. She had Gavin, and maybe Emma too. And the rest of her Rocket family that would help build her up until she was a forced to be reckoned with. All she needed to do was put in the effort and believe. "I see," She said with a smile on her lips. Mime seemed to really be into the whole play thing now. Almost forgetting about Serena entirely until he happened to glance back at her and catch her smirking face. They shared a moment and for just a second Serena could've sworn Mime looked smug. Almost as if he was saying 'Finally, you got it.' at her.

Shaking her head she peered over at Gavin. "Well, they seem to be enjoying themselves." she said as she referred to Mime and Gavin's Cleffa. "Wanna grab some ice cream or something? That sounds perfect right about now." she asked while flashing her big eyes up at him. Maybe if she asked nicely he'd say yes. "Pleaase?"

---

MISSION: TODDLER TRAINING (SOS) | xtra notes: post (5/5)

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 6:32:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You should pay close attention to the news, always." Advice from Gavin has a funny way of coming across like an order regardless of intention. "Most of it's bullshit, but anything we can learn of the League's actions is worth it."

Sometimes, the lack of information after tragedy spoke as much as a tell-all. Like the Blackout of Slateport.

Something passes between Pokémon and trainer that even Gavin can't wholly identify, though it strikes him as positive in the Mime Jr's smug smile. That was good. Any understanding fostered between the pair was good, however small.

Sera mentions ice cream, and Gavin hesitates on a thought. He's on a strict regimen and diet at the moment, avatar training, and his thoughts become a whirlwind of nutritional information. She pleads with him, breaking his focus, and Gavin relents. He's stuck to his training religiously, and a bit of a treat couldn't hurt.

"Sure," he relents, and gestures for her to lead the way.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Babies R Us [M/S]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:09:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: