Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 4:48:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Oi, they are already doing your job for you, give it a rest." Doug said with a measure of irritation as he waved his hand between his Illumise and the Orbeetle duo, breaking off the feminine pokemon's attempts to further Charm her teammates.

She pouted, squinting at the youth before glancing back at the duo dutifully following behind her, eggs floating in tow. After a moment, the blonde Illumse harrumphed, looking away. She supposed she didn't need waste her efforts.

Rolling his eyes at the trio, Doug let his gaze fall over Zac.

"Where was I, again...?" He asked to himself, an egg craddled in the crook of his arm as his brows furrowed in focus. "Oh, right! I sure hope these guys just recognized ya, cause they didn't even ask for IDs! Any punk could walk in and just make off with their eggs, at this rate!"

EGGS IN ONE BASKET (SOS)
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 4:55:43 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Maybe they recognized me from the videos, but even then I was expecting a bit more security," said Zac, whose had a egg stuffed safely into each of the dozen pockets on his Golden Explorer's Jacket. "It was kinda weird, right?" he asked, looking back at the daycare. "They were sure in a rush to get us in and out. I didn't even have a chance to see the delivery board!"
    Zac looked down at one of the cream and green eggs, which had #319 written on it in bold, black lettering. "They all have the same code, did you happen to see the recipient?"

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 0:10:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 0:19:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Incompetence's the norm in Hoenn, seems. Bloody rockets must've made off like bandits by now." Muttered the youth darkly. Such an easy steal seemed right up the alley of the living waste pile that was Team Rocket. He could only hope they had only gotten bloody Magikarp eggs.

But Zac was right, it was too weird. The youth looked back as well, frowning at the daycare in the distance, wondering if there was something else going on under the table that they might've missed.

"Should we go back? There's gotta be some paid service infraction somewhere in'ere. This can't be legal." These were the baby pokemon of people and their partners out there in Hoenn. This kinda shit couldn't possibly fly, right?

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I think? Though I ain't super certain of specifics... I ain't super acquainted with Mauville's streets." Yet. He would be spending a lot more time in Mauville looking forward. "But that ain't nothin' a gps can't solve."

The wonders of technology.

"Hn... Oh right! I almost forgot to ask this time... I never did learn how things went with regarding ." He said, eyeing the larger man with open curiosity.

He had been told that nothing regarding Giratina had been learned... but not whether the full power of the law would come down upon the woman like the hammer of god.

"Sooo... How that went?" Well, given the fact that Zac hadn't excitedly told him about getting his piece back, and the fact that Katherine had recently gotten a promotion that had given Doug his chance to rise up...

Yeah, it wasn't looking promising.

He did want to know what bullshit had enabled such a thing, however.

EGGS IN ONE BASKET (SOS)
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 0:49:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I was wrong," Zac said mildly, shifting as they walked to deal with the eggs in his pockets, "wrong about how the league runs. It's, uh, more political than I thought." he sighed, drawing in a big breath of the fresh, Spring air. "There will be no justice for . Not now, at least. It's best to just let it go."
    The league had a long memory, as evidenced by 's punishment, but they lacked the foresight to deal with the PR disaster staring them in the face. "She's not a threat mate. Just a nuisance. Honestly, if what said about Selena was true then Katherine is just a small fry." Zac looked around and lowered his voice. "Turns out that pinkette was a bloody terrorist!"    
    "Anyway, Kat signed up for AQUA, so she'll be on good behavior for the next few years..."
Zac trailed off. "So where's that GPS pointing?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 20:00:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Hoenn's governing body's more political than you thought?" Doug asked the other man dryly. Doug had already guessed things hadn't gone their way, but the way Zac spoke, it appeared things were even worse than he had thought.

? Worse?

What kinda drugs was peddling?

"That's just what'bout'isms." Doug said bluntly, brow furrowing. "Why not cancel both, then!? Do something, so called Councilman!"

It didn't matter how 'political' things were within the league, there should have been nothing preventing the upper brass from ordering that Katherine return Zac's belongings, at the very least.

"There's only one tier above bloody Fernando Silph, they really expect us to believe he or commissioner can't order yer stuff be returned?" Bullshit. That woman was being protected.

But why? She wasn't particularly important, regardless of however much clout she might have in Mauville. Was it because she was an Avatar? Was Silph just a sucker for a pretty face?

The youth's brow furrowed further, gaze darkening.

"I'll look into it." Or rather- he would order his intel officers to look into it. They would do far better at it.

God, it was good being in charge.

"Ya really think she's gonna be 'good'?" Doug asked flatly. "Phoey! She'll just abuse her new privileges, just like did before. Never trust a thief! Rockets started off as nothing but thiefs... always remember that."

The youth harrumphed at the mere mention of the word (despite being the one to say it), before blinking at Zac's next words, seemingly remembering only then about the GPS he had mentioned seconds ago.

"Oh, right." Doug said, before glancing at the map. "Route 117; think it's the Daycare Center? Huh? Are we just movin' eggs from one daycare to another?"

EGGS IN ONE BASKET (SOS)

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 1:02:20 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac slowed, eyes narrowing as they approached the Route 117 Daycare. There was a lineup out front, with dozens of eager looking trainers chatting and waiting their turn. A huge, handmade sign hung from the roof. 

IMPORTED EGGS - SHIPMENT ARRIVING SUNDAY

It was Sunday. Were they the 'shipment'? As Zac and Doug got closer, one of the workers spotted them and rushed over, green apron and headband flapping as he ran. "Perfect timing!" she said, "follow me around the back." She led the pair to the back of the shop, away from the waiting customers. "We just sold out. How many did you bring?" 
    "I got 12 on me," said Zac, indicating his stuffed pockets. The girl beamed and held out her basket. Zac started filling it with eggs.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 3:26:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug glanced at his pokemon silently before placing the two eggs he held in each hand inside the basket, his Orbeetles floating the rest of them after.

"12 as well." He said as soon as his pokemon finished, looking around wearily at all the young men and women running around like chickens, trying to find more and more eggs to give to ungrateful customers.

Ah, yes. Retail. The 10th level of hell. The kind of job the youth had preferred poverty over.

"Oi, lady. Who's in charge o' this operation?" He asked suddenly after a moment, tilting a brow at the girl.

Might as well figure out who was behind this shit show.

EGGS IN ONE BASKET (SOS)

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 15:07:16 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"At this moment that would be me!" said the young girl who had greeted them out front. Her name tag said 'Kate' and was covered in little stars and smiley stickers. "The owner is out for lunch, so I'm in charge while he's gone."
    "Pleasure to meet ya Kate!" Zac said amicably, "So, uh, why are we transporting eggs between daycares?"
    "Oh, well the transport company delivered them to the wrong daycare and we didn't realize until too late," said Kate, as she directed more trainers with incoming deliveries. "People have been lining up outside since yesterday to get these eggs. We've been advertising them for weeks!"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 20:50:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug let Zac handle the pleasantries, him being the more personable of the two, as well as the one not ready to chew everyone present out for the shit show they had going on.

This need quickly deflated like a popped balloon upon hearing the girl's explanation, leaving the youth blinking slowly, before a sheepish expression crossed his face.

"Ah... Well, good job handling everythin', Ms. Kate." He said in a low mumble, scratching at his cheek.

The young lady went back to deal with the rest of the arriving trainers, leaving the two to just bask in the vast quantities of eggs being moved all around them.

"... Welp, that could have gone badly." Doug said with a relieved sigh, a possible catastrophe mercifully averted by Zac's calmness.

Well, mission over... he guessed.

"Hey Zac. Ya mentioned AQUA earlier, right?" He said, pocketing his hands as he glanced up at the taller man. "Not to be nosy into that business... but I had a couple of, uh... related questions. Mind if we move somewhere private?"

EGGS IN ONE BASKET (SOS)
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 23:46:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Thanks Kate," Zac said. She nodded to the two and headed off to deal with some management problem. "Hard workers here, ay?" He said to Doug, as the pair made their own exit.
    As they backtracked out the delivery exit, Zac frowned. He had left a trail of greenery. Seeds and grass that had stuck in his boots from the walk over had bloomed and spread, crawling across the floor and up the racks lining the entranceway. Wooden crated had been temporarily revived by his passing and had gone to seed.
    Zac called over one of the daycare workers. "Sorry about the mess mate," he said, gesturing to the warped furniture. He pulled out a checkbook and scrawled a number that was definitely too big. "This should cover the expenses. Please pass it on to Kate." The bewildered employee took the check, blinked at it, and ran off to find Kate.
    "Yeah, AQUA, sure! Fire away mate, but let's get outside first." 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 18:15:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug nodded, and together they left the premises, leaving behind a trail of gawking staff (and, inevitably, more plants) on their way out.

They walked and walked, more or less until his Orbeetles could assure there were no souls capable of comprehending human speech listening. Then and there they sat down to chat.

For once, Doug didn't beat around the bush once they were sat down, glancing up at the large man.

"First off... What's yer thoughts on AQUA? First Impressions?" He asked the man point blank, leaning his head atop his fist, eyes sharper than usual. "Anything about it set off any alarms for ya?"

Doug wasn't like the many people who almost were almost unjustifiably wary of anything and everything the League did- not when a woman like was at the helm. She striked him as many things- but as far as he could see, corrupt and crazy were not one of them.

But- his assessments of others could miss the mark. Sometimes by far. He had learned that.

Zac hadn't immediately come out screaming about how the League was crazy, which was a good start- but then, Katherine had been signed up for it, so it wasn't all roses and daisies, either.

"Second... Could ya tell me 'bout... avatars?" He asked.

Because frankly speaking, he knew nothing about them, except what the public knew- which was, again, practically nothing.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 14:39:20 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Seems like a step in the right direction," Zac said honestly. If there was one thing Hoenn needed it was a clear and unified League presence. Free from corruption and unhampered by a cluttered bureacracy. "I trust , and I like what she's doing. I've been thinking of AQUA like a sports team. Every team needs a manager, right? Someone to make sure everyone gets the proper training and resources."
    He adjusted his seat  on the rock, trying to put his thoughts in order. He didn't have a lot to say, not yet, and Zac had never been one to pad for time.
    "Dahlia's trying to make Hoenn a better place, so having a crack group of avatars to throw at any problem that crops up seems like a no-brainer."
    Zac scratched his beard, thinking about Doug's second questions. "Uh, I'm not the person to ask mate. I've got no training, haven't had any sort of debriefing, and I'm pretty new to the gig." Zac thought back to the meeting, which had been a lot of dense legal notes and contract chat, a chunk of classified info, and very little information on what an avatar actually was. "It's not like the meeting had a slideshow of names and powers," he said with a chuckle.
    He stopped for a moment. "I'm not sure what you're after really, mate. I can tell you about how my home repairs are costing the lion's share of my sponsorship money, or about how much more milk I've been drinking. Other than that and the constant urge to nap it's been business as usual."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 12:12:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"I agree. Public's opinion ain't quite there yet, though." The youth said, scratching at his head with a click of the tongue as he remembered what some of his more social media savvy soldiers had said. Not everyone was all for it.

So with that in mind, he had wanted to hear the thoughts of an insider. He wasn't sure if the Sports team analogy worked, given the implications that bringing an avatar into the government's service had, but Doug still generally sided with having them all accounted for over letting them roam free and unregistered.

That just seemed like asking for more trouble in times like these.

Doug shook his head at Zac's next words.

"Nah, I ain't asking 'bout powers." He said, brow furrowing slightly as he tried to think of how to formulate the question better.

He didn't really care for powers or legendary pokemon. He cared about AQUA. It seemed to him that they would be the first ones deployed for any Rocket related operations.

He needed to be there.

Doug's brow furrowed as Zac went on to list his recent... problems? Changes to lifestyle? They were about what one would expect, given his patron and abilities.

He couldn't stop making nature wherever he went, so his house was in constant need of repairs. Checked out.

He... wait, what.

"Milk?" Doug said, head tilting in confusion. "Why?"

Was it because Bulu was technically a cow? Well, a bull, but you know, same difference.

The napping one just made sense. Bulu loved to nap, so of course Zac now wanted to nap as well.

"That one makes sense." Doug said casually, leaning back and turning his gaze to the sky.

Beat.

Click.

"... Wait. Run that by me again?" Doug said as he lurched forward, planting his hands onto his crossed legs, suddenly back onto focus.

"... Is that normal for avatars?" The youth said with an uncharacteristically serious expression, the sun shining above making his hat cast a dark shadow over his features. "Anything other than wanting to nap?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Egg-livery [Zac/M]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 1:43:42 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Normal? Hell if I know mate!" Zac said with a laugh. "And I haven't noticed anything else. Not yet at least." It had been a wild few months, and the effects of his bond with Bulu were still changing. They shifted in strength from day to day. Some days he was perky and hardly noticed the ever-growing carpet of greenery, and other days he just wanted to find the nearest sunny spot and have a nice long- Zac yawned, long and loud. 
    "Sorry about that mate, but I think I've gotta head off. If I were you I'd check in with the other avatars.  Stormy, Lars, Fernando. Those are the oldest ones right? If anyone knows something it's them."